Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: To Composers: Link me your soundcloud / music repository of choice!

Composers Thread: Link me your soundcloud / music repository of choice!

Hey all! If you make music and you wanna share, post a link and i'll put it up here.
    If you just came in to check out what's up, feel free, and it's ok to post if you aren't a composer. We need encouragement and feedback!

Cool composers (Last Updated 11/17/14):

Max LeonHart - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    James Battams - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Sabercode - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    gamereality - [Hidden link. Register to see links.] or [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    MasterZPrime - [Hidden link. Register to see links.] or [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Heifsin 85 - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Andrew Dustill - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Plutopurto - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    AxemBlue - [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Malexos - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Puhn - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    herbaciak - [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Winifred Phillips - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Raphael Daniel - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Prott2 - [Hidden link. Register to see links.] or [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    DanHallUK - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    RudyRoughNight - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    JBarron2005 - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Galaga - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Last edited by galaga; 11-17-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Grand Shriner
    Nice to meet you! Here is my page:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Hellz yea! Nice stuff! Thanks for posting. Yea i am an amateur too.
    My Sound Cloud is here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Last edited by galaga; 11-17-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Crurophilous Misodoctakleidist Rudy Roughnight's Avatar
    I don't really pay attention to it anymore, but here's my soundcloud:

Sweet, you are now part of the collective!

What programs do you guys use for your music?

Grand Shriner
    I use a combination of Sonar 7 Producer, EastWest Quantum Leap libraries, and for concert works I use Sibelius 4.

I thought I heard some Quantum Leap sounds from your music, JBarron2005. I gotta buy me some of EastWest's stuff. I just use FL Studio and some soundfonts.

East West has some very potent libraries. The strings sound very full and you can easily get a "big-movie" type of feel to your music. Where it's a bit lacking is in the woodwind department, especially the english horn. Beautiful instrument, Morricone used it a lot in his western scores, but with East West it sounds relatively cheap somehow and you need to add a lot of effects to make it sound good. Vienna Symphonic is very good in terms of woodwinds on the other hand. But they are very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by aot View Post
    East West has some very potent libraries. The strings sound very full and you can easily get a "big-movie" type of feel to your music. Where it's a bit lacking is in the woodwind department, especially the english horn. Beautiful instrument, Morricone used it a lot in his western scores, but with East West it sounds relatively cheap somehow and you need to add a lot of effects to make it sound good. Vienna Symphonic is very good in terms of woodwinds on the other hand. But they are very expensive.
    I never heard of Vienna Symphonic before, but dayum. Dat price.

For EastWest, since they're having a sale, I was considering getting these:
    Goliath
    Gypsy
    Ministry of Rock
    Pianos Gold
    Silk
    Symphonic Choirs
    Symphonic Orchestra Gold
    Voices of Passion

Grand Shriner
    I would suggest Orchestra Gold and Stormdrums 2 if you are interested in making symphonic sounds. Goliath is great for smaller mixed ensembles and is basically a sampler of orchestra, jazz, rock, electronic, piano, and percussion. Silk and Gypsy are really awesome and probably will be my next two purchases from them. I'm luke warm on Voices of Passion, if I were you I wouldn't get that one. I have it and I am not satisfied with it.

Thanks a lot for the insight, JBarron, but what dissatisfies you about Voices of Passion?

I am using Reason for the most part, but i am pretty short on good symphonic sound fonts. I think i've found some good strings, but i really want horns, awesome deep inception horns. I also use Adobe Sound booth and Audacity to cut up stuff when im done. Aside from FL studio, i actually don't know much about what's out there. I started by asking around if there was an adobe photoshop equivalent to music programs, and i was told Reason. Now i have to look up what you guys are talking about : P

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Roughnight View Post
    Thanks a lot for the insight, JBarron, but what dissatisfies you about Voices of Passion?
    The voices just sound weird and synthesized. Some of them are good, but for the price it doesn't meet my expectations. If you are going to get good vocal quality, I would go with Symphonic Choirs. That, imo, would be the best investment for you can actually have the samples do lyrics using a Word Bank.

I'll take your word for it. Thanks, JBarron.

Quote Originally Posted by galaga View Post
    I am using Reason for the most part, but i am pretty short on good symphonic sound fonts. I think i've found some good strings, but i really want horns, awesome deep inception horns. I also use Adobe Sound booth and Audacity to cut up stuff when im done. Aside from FL studio, i actually don't know much about what's out there. I started by asking around if there was an adobe photoshop equivalent to music programs, and i was told Reason. Now i have to look up what you guys are talking about : P
    I haven't been able to find decent sounding horns either. I just stay away from writing brass parts for the most part. I myself don't really use much besides MidiNotate, FL Studio, and WavePad.

Do you guys know any good repositories for free sound fonts?

freesounds.org is usually a good place to start. you need to register, but it's free.

I compose, but never thought to mention it on here. Perhaps I just felt a bit pretentious introducing myself as a composer on a forum with all this great music.

Anyway, I wouldn't call myself a music pro, but I've scored a few indie features and have credits on IMDb.
    Nothing spectacular, but feel free to take a listen.

DanHallUK: Sweet stuff, listening now, very relaxing! I added you up top! Congrats on getting some stuff out there!

Onion Kid
    Nice topic (full of nice tracks)! I'm glad there are quite a few composers on this forum.
    Mine is: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] or [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Prott2, Wow your stuff is pretty epic! I added you up top!

Grand Shriner
    I will be working on a new album soon as I am currently wrapping up my first full length game score "Critter Caper". The game doesn't include all the music so I am working on a full release with the official tracks along with special mixes and previously unreleased material. I plan to make it available on Itunes as well as Bandcamp.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by galaga View Post
    Prott2, Wow your stuff is pretty epic! I added you up top!
    Thank you! I'm trying my best. :-)

Onion Kid
    Thank you for creating this thread.
    I had already shared my compositions on another topic so here is the link: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] they are amateur compositions that can't hold a candle to, for instance, Prott2's but I am not with the intention of earning my living that way. It is just a pastime! I will give all of your projects a careful ear!

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Daniel View Post
    Thank you for creating this thread.
    I had already shared my compositions on another topic so here is the link: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] they are amateur compositions that can't hold a candle to, for instance, Prott2's but I am not with the intention of earning my living that way. It is just a pastime! I will give all of your projects a careful ear!
    First, I must say you've got some pretty trippy album art going on there. I'm really enjoying your stuff, particularly "Looking at Them from the Top of the Hill". Such a cool feel to those songs, almost makes me think of Yann Tiersen's style.