Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: To Composers: Link me your soundcloud / music repository of choice!

Some new sounds and some redos of older stuffs:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    the intro to my metroid 2 album. for a long time I have wanted to do a homage to Jerry Goldsmith's ALIEN soundtrack, aaaaand finally that came to happen .

the theme for her majesty queen metroid is my own invention. it basically came to me after listening to a lot of Akira Ifukube, especially his 90s Godzilla music.

Hope you'll enjoy it!

Onion Kid
    If you like The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones I did parody songs with the theme songs from each, BANGERS:

Cool stuff guys! Keep it coming!
    Here's something new i was messing with, trying to work on my transitions, shifting tempo, and this is probably the first song i made not in 4/4 time. Lawl...

Grand Shriner
    Two new works in progress... The first is Eruyt Village from FFXII for piano and string quartet and it is simply waiting on the other string parts to be recorded. The second is a preview video of my next arrangement which is of Sulyya Springs from FFXIII for piano and cello.

Let me know what you all think of them. I love all feedback .

That's pretty rad. I've been starting to pick up the violin, but i am a total noob. Sounds great though.

Hey, I just finished my new piece and it's... big. Almost 25 minutes, 4 parts, big orchestra and some not standard "guest" instruments such as uilleann pipes.

So, give it a try if you have some time to spare .

Grand Shriner

New works posted such as a preview at my next Kingdom Hearts piano arrangement, the complete soundtrack demo for my first game titled dOLLhOUSe, and various other standalone works. I have easily posted about an hour worth of new music. Please check it out and comment on my soundcloud profile . Your support is appreciated.

soundcloud.com/chris-j-estabrook

I make film and video game score themed stuff, check it out :P

Also got an album on itunes and bandcamp

Onion Kid
    Great thread here, you guys all have huge talent, and I'm still in the process of enjoying all this music!

I'll post my details:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] - Contains released albums and soundtracks for published games.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] - Contains my other odd compositions and things that didn't make it into final products, or simply things I did for free/student projects.
    Last edited by gamereality; 09-22-2014 at 01:17 AM.

VG Rock Addict
    Heck, why not, I'm trying to get a little exposure I guess. Composing actually isn't my first love, I'm a far better graphics artist. I just tinker around with music, so I'm mostly terrible, though I'm trying to get a bit more serious about it, especially since a buddy of mine is getting back into programming. I just play around throwing notes together until I like what I hear. Creative accidents are fun, too.

I'm heavily influenced by the Rockman X soundtrack (one of my absolute favorites) and the likes of Saitama Saisyu Heiki.

I'm actually working on a full 'soundtrack' to this idea of a shooter I have named Sabercode. Yeah, kinda centered everything around the idea of it.

I do all my work in Renoise with various plugins and samples.

Onion Kid
    Hello I'd like to contribute to the thread!

Grand Shriner

New site for all updates concerning my projects and events! New release is coming in the form of a single and it is Sulyya Springs for Piano and Viola. ETHEReal String Project will be due for release in quarter one of 2015 as originally planned.

Oh man i haven't checked in on this thread in a while. I should update it (edit: I updated the thread).

I put a couple new things on my soundcloud:

Super intense track inspired by Interstellar: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Some super electronic track inspired by Disney's Electrical Parade: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Last edited by galaga; 11-17-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Grand Shriner
    Here is my latest release in the form of Sulyya Springs by Masashi Hamauzu, arranged by yours truly. I tried to expand and re-imagine the piano collection arrangement of this one. My goals with this were 1) to create something more lush and water-like as well as 2) adding a section from the original that I simply adored and 3) making this piece work for two instruments. Lastly, but probably the most important thing is that I added a theme from the game in to create a story presentation. All of my arrangements have musical easter eggs to encourage people to listen closely. Each egg is relevant to the story of the composition. I won't spoil it, but it will be obvious for those who love FF13's music.

The musicians that I got to perform the arrangement are simply among the most talented people I have worked with so far. They have brought this music to life! I am honored to have them contribute their talents!

Without further ado, please enjoy!

Wow, thanks a bunch for the highlight!! Never saw this due to out-dated email settings.

Grand Shriner

Here is my arrangement of Still Alive from Mirror's Edge for String Ensemble from my album ETHEReal String Project. Enjoy!

Grand Shriner
    Here is a preview of my arrangement of Trisection from Final Fantasy Tactics for String Ensemble. The full version can be heard on my album The ETHEReal String Project. I hope you enjoy ! The string ensemble played absolutely wonderful!

I sometimes compose in my free time. My main problem is that I tend not to finish my original songs because I get to a point when I have enough of it and just trash it or save it and never open it again. I have no musical background. I started composing and it kind of came to me that I might be “good” at it. Well, not good but better than most of people who never picked up an instrument. One thing led to another and I started playing guitar, piano and now I started playing violin. Anyway, here’s my soundcloud account, I might put someting up in the future and I would love to get feedback

I just put out a song and I want to brag about it because I love it, sooo… yeah

// edit: I use Logic Pro X with Apple Orchestra Jampack. I know it sounds like shit but I can’t afford EWQL which I would love to get someday

Time Travelling Noibat
    I add music to video games sorta like breantafloss and I did other things.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.].

Other stuff can be found here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner
    Although I will be releasing the full version of this in a few days, here is a teaser of my Halo 2 suite titled "Honor, Sacrifice, Glory: Variations on Themes from Halo 2". I hope you all enjoy!

I've been working on this song, i need opinions before i clean it up and finish it off.
    That feel when you boot up a mysterious robot and defend your ravaged town from giant monsters for the very first time:

Deleted
    Last edited by pensquawk; 11-02-2016 at 08:19 AM.

VG Rock Addict
    Meh. I've been tinkering with all my tracks to some degree, not having a whole lot of time from work. I keep hitting one pretty heavy, though. It's nearly finished, but I gotta mess with some articulations, clean up some junk (like not cutting off the square at the end), some other fine tuning, and work on the mixing.

Quote Originally Posted by galaga View Post
    I've been working on this song, i need opinions before i clean it up and finish it off.
    That feel when you boot up a mysterious robot and defend your ravaged town from giant monsters for the very first time:
    Sounds pretty nice. I think you captured that sensation quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by p774 View Post
    I sometimes compose in my free time. My main problem is that I tend not to finish my original songs because I get to a point when I have enough of it and just trash it or save it and never open it again. I have no musical background.
    This pretty much is me to a T. LOL
    Last edited by Sabercode; 08-01-2015 at 12:20 AM.

Grand Shriner

My game music arrange album is finally out . I am hoping to gain still more support for it so please pick up a copy if you would be so kind and spread the word. Did I mention free whiskey? :P