Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: To Composers: Link me your soundcloud / music repository of choice!

Great thread!

I'm a game composer. Here's my SoundCloud: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Connect with me:
    Facebook: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Twitter: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Web: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Roughnight View Post
    I'll take your word for it. Thanks, JBarron.

I haven't been able to find decent sounding horns either. I just stay away from writing brass parts for the most part. I myself don't really use much besides MidiNotate, FL Studio, and WavePad.
    East West has decent sounding horns. Check them out in my track "New Earth, New Life". I try to use a wide variety of instruments in it to demonstrate the capabilities of the sound fonts.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Welcome to the thread, Winifred. I enjoyed your theme to Assassin's Creed Liberation. It has a Survivor like sound to it .

*___*
    Never really got around to using Kontakt Libraries but it seems to be all the noise for quality sampled sounds. I should just pick it up.

Sounds great guys. What Speaks/Studio Monitors do you guys use if you don't mind me asking
    Last edited by xuu; 05-16-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBarron2005 View Post
    East West has decent sounding horns. Check them out in my track "New Earth, New Life". I try to use a wide variety of instruments in it to demonstrate the capabilities of the sound fonts.

Welcome to the thread, Winifred. I enjoyed your theme to Assassin's Creed Liberation. It has a Survivor like sound to it .
    Thanks, JBarron-- I appreciate that!

What is this!?! My thread stopped notifying me when people are posting! Omergad, adding new peeps! Thanks for posting!

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Also Holy Crap @ Winifred, your stuff is insane! You also win the coolest name award.

Quote Originally Posted by galaga View Post
    What is this!?! My thread stopped notifying me when people are posting! Omergad, adding new peeps! Thanks for posting!

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Also Holy Crap @ Winifred, your stuff is insane! You also win the coolest name award.
    Thanks Galaga! I'm really glad you liked my stuff! Also, Galaga is a very cool name.

Yea,... but that's not actually my name...

Ha! More and more composers come here and say more than "stop pirating my music" ;D. That's really cool.

So I'll add mine links as well:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] - my standard orchestral works.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] - my second, a bit experimental face.

Always nice to hear other people's music! Keep on the posting

updated! Sorry for the lateness, been a busy weekend. Can't wait to check out your stuff!

Hey guys, nice thread. Some interesting stuff here.
    So here is my link. Tried to make some game music.

Welcome to the thread! That's 9 composers, mwahahaha! I added you up top! Sweet stuff.

Thanks! And you got some good stuff on Soundcloud. Just enjoying some of your tracks.

Thanks Puhn! I played some of your songs too, they were pretty kicken!

Also, general question: Where do you guys go online if you want feedback on your music etc... I'm making a game, and getting ready to launch, i did the sound track, but it'll be the first time i ever put anything musical out there in public. I don't really have a trained ear or anything, so i wanna be sure the music isn't a total mess. Any suggestions? Soundcloud doesn't seem that useful for critique.

I would recommend you to ask some friends to 'test' your music or get in contact with other musicians via internet. Some honest and detailed feedback is always hopeful before you unleash a bunch of tracks to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by galaga View Post
    Also, general question: Where do you guys go online if you want feedback on your music etc...
    Actually it's hard to get feedback on the internet imo. People like to listen, to download music etc. but they are not very eager to say what they actually think expect for "cool" or "meh" or "love it". Comment's like that are nice, it means that people care a bit, but those comments are not helpful when it comes to learning / developing new skills etc. Even on forums that actually are about music making, people are very limited in their opinions and most of them are about bad /good use of samples or poor / nice mastering. One out of ten have something more to say about composition.

So my point is, that You shouldn't care about opinions, do what you do, share your creation with world and... wait .

p.s.
    And I'm perfect example of person who listens to piece, then gives "like", say few words at best and... next.
    Last edited by herbaciak; 06-08-2013 at 03:30 AM.

Those are good observations, its nice to know people will like your stuff, even if they don't have much to say. I don't care much for opinions, i want subjective analysis by people who know more than me, those are the only sort of comments i find useful : P I like feeling dumb, its the only way to learn.

Grand Shriner
    I hear you. My thread in this forum has 697 views but only 3 replies . That in itself is frustrating, but unfortunately that is what I am dealt.

Crurophilous Misodoctakleidist Rudy Roughnight's Avatar
    I feel ya guys. I know I have a lot of people that really like to listen to my music, but they just rarely tell me so unless they see me in person.
    For all your Wild Arms music needs, go [Hidden link. Register to see links.].

Good thread, I just signed up
    and I will upload some demos of my stuff later

Welcome! Can't wait to see your stuff!

Grand Shriner
    I hope to have my first piano etude uploaded to my Soundcloud soon! It is half completed and I hope to get the other half done today... if I don't fall asleep. I haven't slept much since starting this lol.

I've put up a demo album of mine for sale, if anyone's interested:

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Roughnight View Post
    I've put up a demo album of mine for sale, if anyone's interested:
    In my opinion it's just... meh. You write that it's "showcase of musical variety", yet I cannot hear any variety. Maybe it' s just me though. I'm gonna add on the goodish side, that it has some kind of mood, and minimalistic, yet nice melodies. But for me it's mostly boring and quite cheap. Don't worry though, it's "not my cup of tea" kind of music, so keep doing what you do.

What baffles me more, is the fact, that you want money for that. As you say, it's demo. And I see it that way: you are actually blocking an ability to hear your works, to people who might be interested in it. It's a bit of a paradox, that you want to show your music and yet you are making it harder to hear. I don't get that...

p.s.
    That "Heartbeat" track is sooo bad, so cheesy with that cheap beat, sorry ;P.

Thanks for your criticism! I actually don't get it that often. Yeah, it's a paradox, but it'll be fully streamable anyways. I guess here it would be different, since elsewhere I've advertised this, most people have heard my music via SoundCloud or live or are familiar with collaborations.

But damn, I honestly appreciate you ripped me a new one. Haha.