Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Metroid Prime Trilogy Remaster Project in FLAC - Official Release

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadowmark View Post
    Any update on the missing tracks, assett?
    Since people have supplied them, and I know that the FLAC files are floating around somewhere, I see no need to change anything on the thread

Also, I'm starting on Majora's Mask and I need somebody to supply the FLAC conversions of the audio files from the ROM. My Foobar2000 won't install 64th Note, so I'm kinda stuck. I'll start on the project as soon as somebody can upload the files for me...

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marvinmc View Post
    so.... is there a link for the FLAC version still online? I really liked the mp3 version, but I still prefer FLACs
    The FLAC is, but you gotta find somebody to upload them for you if you want them right now. I'll start the upload for the FLAC files this weekend.

I could probably look for those Majora's Mask files when I get done with work at 12 a.m. Unless The Ultimate Koopa or someone would happen to find them before me...
    Want to know how to give reputation points? Find out [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I just wanted to remind you again, since your next project is going to be Majora's Mask, the USF files that exist in the wild (and the ones from the official 64th note site) have a slower tempo than the real songs. You can check the difference by listening to a USF file and then make a comparison with the same song from another source like the CD OSTs (i hate those CDs, the songs don't even loop once!), a youtube video, the game itself etc.

Just letting you know that, it would be a shame doing all this hard work by using sources that are not correct. And i really want Majora's remasters to be a success. Then again maybe its an easy thing to fix, just rise the tempo for about 10% i guess?

Also, 64th note works with Winamp but i'm not sure about how to convert it to FLAC...
    Last edited by Imgema; 01-18-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Donkey Kong Country 1/2 songs in 5.1 remastered:

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgema View Post
    I just wanted to remind you again, since your next project is going to be Majora's Mask, the USF files that exist in the wild (and the ones from the official 64th note site) have a slower tempo than the real songs. You can check the difference by listening to a USF file and then make a comparison with the same song from another source like the CD OSTs (i hate those CDs, the songs don't even loop once!), a youtube video, the game itself etc.

Just letting you know that, it would be a shame doing all this hard work by using sources that are not correct. And i really want Majora's remasters to be a success. Then again maybe its an easy thing to fix, just rise the tempo for about 10% i guess?

Also, 64th note works with Winamp but i'm not sure about how to convert it to FLAC...
    Taken into account. I had 64th Note working in Winamp, but I couldn't figure out how to export as a batch. Oh well... Somebody will get them to me

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DragonIIDX View Post
    I could probably look for those Majora's Mask files when I get done with work at 12 a.m. Unless The Ultimate Koopa or someone would happen to find them before me...
    It would be great if you could get them to me. I would def. put your name on the release thread as somebody who helped make the project a success.

Endless Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Assett2 View Post
    Taken into account. I had 64th Note working in Winamp, but I couldn't figure out how to export as a batch. Oh well... Somebody will get them to me

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

It would be great if you could get them to me. I would def. put your name on the release thread as somebody who helped make the project a success.
    Does it matter whether it be FLAC or APE?
    Head to my thread for grand collections of game music and more!

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by !!!!! View Post
    Does it matter whether it be FLAC or APE?
    Not sure. If Adobe Audition supports it, then it doesn't matter.

Endless Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Assett2 View Post
    Not sure. If Adobe Audition supports it, then it doesn't matter.
    Majora's Mask FLACs

Staff Roll (Had to upload separately due to a conversion error)

Here ya go!

Yes! I couldn't find any gamerips out there so this is great.

Grand Shriner
    Majora's Mask FLACs

Here ya go!
    Excellent! Now I can finally start on this project!
    Many thanks sir!

Oh yeah! Can't wait!

Majora's Mask FLACs

Here ya go!
    Thanks for the help man. Just one question, how many times do these versions loop?

Quote Originally Posted by Imgema View Post

Only a few songs from the official OST suffered from non-looping. If you get the German release soundtracks, you will have every track properly looped.

The European one also has those groovy remixes. I think Mr.Assett2 wants a gamerip though.

New Age Retro Hippie
    This is an awesome project, and as someone who wants to be a music producer myself I am inspired ;__;
    I'm still a total noob, the best I can do is edit by cutting or looping stuff...basic stuff like that, on Garageband. Can you spare some advice? Even if I don't understand it, I'll appreciate it for the future.

Grand Shriner
    yeah youre right

Grand Shriner
    So, about that "Majora's Mask" not looping "even once"...

As far as I know, there's the European OST and the Japanese OST (maybe also a separate US one).

One has longer tracks, and loops twice, I think the European one. It's like with OOT. In the Japanese or US soundtracks, Water Temple I think barely goes for 1 minute 40 seconds, but the song itself goes for a good 50 seconds longer, and if you have 2 loops of Water Temple, it should go for over 5 minutes. There's another one, that only runs for about 40 seconds on one OST, but IIRC goes for at least 2 minutes in game.

So, seeing as I have multiple versions of the Majora's Mask OSTs, I could just dish out those which have at least a full version of the songs, if not two loops, and upload them?

Quote Originally Posted by The Ultimate Koopa View Post
    So, about that "Majora's Mask" not looping "even once"...

As far as I know, there's the European OST and the Japanese OST (maybe also a separate US one).

One has longer tracks, and loops twice, I think the European one. It's like with OOT. In the Japanese or US soundtracks, Water Temple I think barely goes for 1 minute 40 seconds, but the song itself goes for a good 50 seconds longer, and if you have 2 loops of Water Temple, it should go for over 5 minutes. There's another one, that only runs for about 40 seconds on one OST, but IIRC goes for at least 2 minutes in game.

So, seeing as I have multiple versions of the Majora's Mask OSTs, I could just dish out those which have at least a full version of the songs, if not two loops, and upload them?
    I think you should upload the European one cause that's the one that loops twice. I would upload it but the one I have is 128kps. Is yours 320kps?

King Of The Pride Lands disgaeahavok's Avatar
    We don't need to worry about looping because he has said he would loop them twice then fade.

Yeah, and he is working on the USF gamerips not on any of the CD OSTs, at least as far as i know from the posts here.

Grand Shriner
    But if they don't even loop once then they CAN'T be looped twice.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DragonIIDX View Post
    I think you should upload the European one cause that's the one that loops twice. I would upload it but the one I have is 128kps. Is yours 320kps?
    The entire soundtrack has an average bitrate of 781 kbps, because it's FLAC.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ultimate Koopa View Post
    The entire soundtrack has an average bitrate of 781 kbps, because it's FLAC.
    Even better. I think you should upload it then.

Were those couple Metroid tracks that were cut off before a loop ever fixed and reuploaded?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin Lemon View Post
    Were those couple Metroid tracks that were cut off before a loop ever fixed and reuploaded?
    No, there are versions of them around that are looped, tagged, and just below Mr.Assett2's quality.

Excuse me, but has Prime 2 been offered in a FLAC download?

Thanks once again for the effort put into this!

A passenger to the stars and worlds beyond. awesomeshinigami's Avatar
    Awesome, awesome, awesome! I had the original/demo of Metroid Prime 2 and well the remastered definitely is better. Thanks! XD