Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Metroid Prime Trilogy Remaster Project in FLAC - Official Release

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonIIDX View Post
    I've finally managed to get this downloaded after 10 tries... the Title Theme and Agon Wastes FLAC and mp3 files I converted are in here.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

So Mr.Assett2, would you consider remastering these too?
    Was the source you got these from lossless and have they been edited or cleaned by anybody?

Hey Mr.Asset2,

Were the NSF files provided to you correct for Metroid Prime's Main Title and Menu themes (Tracks 01 and 02)? They lacked a looping and didn't have a fade out like the other tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Assett2 View Post
    Was the source you got these from lossless and have they been edited or cleaned by anybody?
    I got them from here. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] It says they're directly from the games files. I converted the mp3s myself but the FLACs are from the source.
    Want to know how to give reputation points? Find out [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Arigeitsu159 View Post
    Hey Mr.Asset2,

Were the NSF files provided to you correct for Metroid Prime's Main Title and Menu themes (Tracks 01 and 02)? They lacked a looping and didn't have a fade out like the other tracks.
    For some reason, my mp3 encoder messed up and cut the tracks into 1/3 of what they were supposed to be. I'll have them fixed and uploaded soon.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Hey Mr.Asset2,

For some reason, my mp3 encoder messed up and cut the tracks into 1/3 of what they were supposed to be. I'll have them fixed and uploaded soon.

You can hear it also.. the voice of the wind Black Paladin's Avatar
    This is phenomenal Mr. Assett. Many thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irvybabe
    Lol maybe you should come with a warning sign:
    I am Paladin Noobs Beware.

Onion Kid
    Are these meant to output on 5.1 speakers? I have 5.1 logitech speakers and the middle one and the two extra side ones don't output very well. They are half out putting and half static. I never use them so possibly they aren't broken in? I don't know much about speakers.

Shriner
    Awesome, awesome job here! I would like to say though, aside from the missing MP2 tracks already mentioned, there's a couple other ones that I should mention. First, for Metroid Prime 1, if you go to the Trilogy disc's sound test and choose Prime 1's Meta Ridley theme, it actually plays an alternate version of Meta Ridley, and you don't seem to have that one here.

Second, the Dark Trooper Battle Theme actually seems to be slightly different in the original Prime 2 disc. I'm wondering if it's possible to get this version as well? You seem to have the Trilogy disc version. This one's actually not too important to me though, the difference is really negligible.

Finally, Bryyo is pretty majorly extended in the Trilogy disc. Just wondering if you could get this version too? Also Korakk Beast has an added layer of instrumentals in the Trilogy disc, so you can add that as well. I can't really provide these tracks since they're...low quality. Nowhere near FLAC. I just want to make sure this as complete as possible, since these tracks sound so great with your remastering. Also...Prime 3 seems like it might be a little on the short side too...is it maybe because a lot of its tracks are sequenced or something? My rip has about 67 tracks.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by bananasushi View Post
    Are these meant to output on 5.1 speakers? I have 5.1 logitech speakers and the middle one and the two extra side ones don't output very well. They are half out putting and half static. I never use them so possibly they aren't broken in? I don't know much about speakers.
    This is stereo, not 5.1. Stereo is two channel and if played through a 5.1, should not be in surround sound.

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Banjonator View Post
    Awesome, awesome job here! I would like to say though, aside from the missing MP2 tracks already mentioned, there's a couple other ones that I should mention. First, for Metroid Prime 1, if you go to the Trilogy disc's sound test and choose Prime 1's Meta Ridley theme, it actually plays an alternate version of Meta Ridley, and you don't seem to have that one here.

Second, the Dark Trooper Battle Theme actually seems to be slightly different in the original Prime 2 disc. I'm wondering if it's possible to get this version as well? You seem to have the Trilogy disc version. This one's actually not too important to me though, the difference is really negligible.

Finally, Bryyo is pretty majorly extended in the Trilogy disc. Just wondering if you could get this version too? Also Korakk Beast has an added layer of instrumentals in the Trilogy disc, so you can add that as well. I can't really provide these tracks since they're...low quality. Nowhere near FLAC. I just want to make sure this as complete as possible, since these tracks sound so great with your remastering. Also...Prime 3 seems like it might be a little on the short side too...is it maybe because a lot of its tracks are sequenced or something? My rip has about 67 tracks.
    Prime 1 and 2 are from the gamecube disk rips, not the trilogy. The name of the project is called the trilogy because it features remastered soundtrack from the original 3 games. I don't want to feature music from the trilogy version as this is not supposed to be a rip from it.

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DragonIIDX View Post
    I got them from here. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] It says they're directly from the games files. I converted the mp3s myself but the FLACs are from the source.
    Excellent. I'll make sure to take a look and post if possible!

YES!! Now the only thing I'm missing is the Trilogy menu's theme. Which isn't hard to find

Quote Originally Posted by Clovie View Post
    YES!! Now the only thing I'm missing is the Trilogy menu's theme. Which isn't hard to find
    I've been looking for that menu theme myself. I'd love to see it in some form myself, whether it is mp3 or flac.

Best Trilogy theme quality I found: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

contents include: mike(x1) mikeman_61's Avatar
    Alright noone download this for a couple of hours, I'm trying to get it. All I'm getting is download timeouts and page load fails. Any chance of an uploaded.to mirror? I am so keen to hear this remaster. So keen! Thanks for all your work in this, though I'm yet to experience what will surely be (auditory?) bliss. :>

Onion Kid
    Thank you so much. I just listened to MP1 last night. It was amazing! I found out I can add effects to my speakers like "concert hall" with realtek audio manager. It kind of made it seem very rich and full. Mind you, if I used those settings when someone is talking, it sounds like an insane echo chamber, but with music, it doesn't do that. I wasn't even aware of those settings till last night.

Awesome man, thanks ! That's one of the best uploads I've ever seen on this forum

Onion Kid
    Sadly, I can't download this music, it says that the server could not be found.
    Tried different Browsers, and it just wont work.

So, could somebody maybe reupload these on to a different hoster, so I can also download the music?

Actually all of you guys, who wrote here, said, that these songs are so fricken awesome, and I want to hear these masterpieces as well!
    Please, please help me!

Thank you very much!
    -Crimzan

Thank you so much. I just listened to MP1 last night. It was amazing! I found out I can add effects to my speakers like "concert hall" with realtek audio manager. It kind of made it seem very rich and full. Mind you, if I used those settings when someone is talking, it sounds like an insane echo chamber, but with music, it doesn't do that. I wasn't even aware of those settings till last night.
    If you wanted a massive echo, you could've just downloaded assett1's remaster! I highly discourage adding any effects onto these tracks, they were built perfectly for stereo.

Like arceus said, Concert Hall is too echoey. I have the same options as you do, and I have "Environment" and "Speaker Fill" enabled and it sounds great. Try those.

contents include: mike(x1) mikeman_61's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arceus493 View Post
    Thank you so much! For those who still need it, I mirrored Prime 1. I might as well mirror the others too.

I was finally able to get a successful download through this mirror (5th attempt but different time of day), thanks Arceus. What's up with packupload? I've never seen that provider and well I still haven't seen them because none of their pages load for me. (ADSL2+ in Australia)
    Anyway, having a listen and I'm not much of an audiophile but the improvement from whatever rip I already had to this is amazing. So much depth to it
    Anyone with a decent post count can PM me for an upload to your preferred host if want :> This must be available to all! This is the MP1 mp3 ver. btw 318MB

King Of The Pride Lands disgaeahavok's Avatar
    All these people are complaining about filehosts and such. Asset2, might I suggest going to Stereoelf here on ffshrine? He has this massive thread called The Monster's Club and every one of the links have multiple file hosts. It might be useful for future project uploads. He's a nice guy, I'm sure he'll help you out. Tell him disgaehavk sent ya!

Downloaded the FLAC version of Metroid Prime 1 and I must say the sound quality is fantastic. Much obliged for your hard work on this project!

so.... is there a link for the FLAC version still online? I really liked the mp3 version, but I still prefer FLACs

Onion Kid
    Thanks for the MP1 in mp3 mirror. Hope the others get mirrored also.

I bring you shiny mirrors! All MP3.

Grand Shriner
    Hey Mr.Asset2,

Erm.... do you even know what NSF is? I hardly think a GameCube game with streamed music will feature sequenced audio data from a NES ROM.

Any update on the missing tracks, assett?