Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Thread: Metroid Prime Trilogy Remaster Project in FLAC - Official Release

Quote Originally Posted by Poesnacks View Post
    Part 9
    You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. Many (many) thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Assett2 View Post
    Echoes and Prime are up and on the 1st post!! Corruption has about an hour and 15 minutes before it's finished!
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Skip to 13

Thank you so much! For those who still need it, I mirrored Prime 1. I might as well mirror the others too.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadowmark View Post

Skip to 13
    This was my same reaction.

The Temple Grounds Main Theme and Multiplayer Theme 1 - Hunters along with everything else sounds phenomenal!!!
    Want to know how to give reputation points? Find out [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by pralinen View Post
    Gah! Only part 1 and 4 left, tried with multiple sources (asked my friends to try to download) but no luck. So frustrated :P and I'm dying to listen to this!
    Part 4: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner
    Alrighty guys! The entire project has been uploaded in mp3 with tags and all! I hope you all enjoy! I love feedback so feel free to post and comment or rant about this project all you want!

Oh god, Dat Skytown theme

<3

Alrighty guys! The entire project has been uploaded in mp3 with tags and all! I hope you all enjoy! I love feedback so feel free to post and comment or rant about this project all you want!
    You asked for it. Like I said before, this is the greatest thing that has ever been uploaded to this site!!!! Every track has spectacular quality that went beyond my wildest expectations. Every track envelops me as if I was actually in the Chozo Ruins, Temple Grounds, Skytown etc. This is the real deal platinum quality that these games music properly deserved. You need to contact Nintendo and Retro Studios with this because they need a kick in the rear for not releasing these soundtracks properly and you could teach them a lesson or 2 on how to do mastering! I plan on making a paypal account so expect a donation from me later. Not going to say how much because I want to surprise you.
    Last edited by -Dragon-; 01-10-2013 at 02:32 AM. Reason: needs moar rant...

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Poesnacks View Post
    Part 4: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Oh, thank you!

Oh it sounds amazing! Looking forward to your future releases!
    Last edited by pralinen; 01-10-2013 at 04:19 AM.

And from a compatibility point of view, MP3 is almost universal where FLAC isn't mainstream enough for me to feel comfortable with just a FLAC release.
    ALAC and APE aren't mainstream enough, whereas FLAC is open-source and natively-supported by every player. 5 years ago I could've understood the compatibility argument since I used to have an iPod as well. However, these days even smartphones support FLAC through workarounds, so there really is no ultimate argument for MP3 aside from the filesize.

But I digress, the MP3 version of this thing is just as good. It all depends on the source, and the source is of perfect quality so there really is no issue here at all. Still, for future generations a FLAC release would be nice (it is an archiving format after all), so if you can find the time to upload the FLAC version someday, that would be great. But the MP3 version is fine for me at the moment, and personally I would hate to upload several GB worth of music AGAIN myself XD.
    I don't care if it takes the whole year, I'll wait for the FLAC version to arrive someday. Until that happens, enjoy your badge for releasing one of the best albums in ffshrine history!

Oh wow, Thank you so much for this! You did an EXCELLENT job!

ADD ME ON PSN! JUST SAY THAT YOU FOUND ME ON FFSHRINE BEFORE YOU DO SO. THANK.

Onion Kid
    Did I miss something or am I too dumb to find this track in the mp2 soundtrack? [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner
    When you put out a release this good quality-wise, it deserves a proper FLAC release, and many users do appreciate the difference in audio quality. Great job and I hope you'll consider uploading the FLAC!

Onion Kid
    Uploading Metroid Prime 1 in FLAC and with tags(atleast filenames & inside Winamp). Will update when the upload is done! Gonna take ~3.5h I only have 80kB/s upload

Done

Last edited by pralinen; 01-10-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by griffindor View Post
    Did I miss something or am I too dumb to find this track in the mp2 soundtrack? [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    For some reason it wasn't on the part of the game disk where the rest of the music is, so I couldn't include it in the release.

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiacmaster View Post
    ALAC and APE aren't mainstream enough, whereas FLAC is open-source and natively-supported by every player. 5 years ago I could've understood the compatibility argument since I used to have an iPod as well. However, these days even smartphones support FLAC through workarounds, so there really is no ultimate argument for MP3 aside from the filesize.

But I digress, the MP3 version of this thing is just as good. It all depends on the source, and the source is of perfect quality so there really is no issue here at all. Still, for future generations a FLAC release would be nice (it is an archiving format after all), so if you can find the time to upload the FLAC version someday, that would be great. But the MP3 version is fine for me at the moment, and personally I would hate to upload several GB worth of music AGAIN myself XD.
    I don't care if it takes the whole year, I'll wait for the FLAC version to arrive someday. Until that happens, enjoy your badge for releasing one of the best albums in ffshrine history!
    Thanks for your input! I'll def. try and get the FLAC files uploaded this week! But I don't want to go through all that tagging that I went through with the MP3 so I'll use it just as an archive. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DragonIIDX View Post
    You asked for it. Like I said before, this is the greatest thing that has ever been uploaded to this site!!!! Every track has spectacular quality that went beyond my wildest expectations. Every track envelops me as if I was actually in the Chozo Ruins, Temple Grounds, Skytown etc. This is the real deal platinum quality that these games music properly deserved. You need to contact Nintendo and Retro Studios with this because they need a kick in the rear for not releasing these soundtracks properly and you could teach them a lesson or 2 on how to do mastering! I plan on making a paypal account so expect a donation from me later. Not going to say how much because I want to surprise you.
    Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoy listening to it as much as I loved making it! Any donation is good, even if it's a dollar, it helps out. Thanks in advance!!

Grand Shriner
    So, I'm downloading #1, without signing up.

1040 kB/s - Roughly 4 minutes overall <_<

Is hardly anyone downloading this at the moment? I was expecting to get like 100 or something much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ultimate Koopa View Post
    So, I'm downloading #1, without signing up.

1040 kB/s - Roughly 4 minutes overall <_<

Is hardly anyone downloading this at the moment? I was expecting to get like 100 or something much lower.
    It was ridiculously slow for me last night but got better later after I was browsing through system files. It might have been because everyone was downloading at the same time.

Thanks for the remasters. Im downloading now, will give feedback later... I would also like to hear your expert opinion about my 5.1 versions of DKC songs (link at signature), if you have time ofc.

Edit: I'm listening to Torvus Bog Entrance (my favorite song in the Prime series) and making a comparison with my older OST file... The quality is great and the difference is like night and day. Thanks for making me listen to the whole OSTs again... can't wait for your next project (please do Majora's Mask!)
    Last edited by Imgema; 01-10-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    Donkey Kong Country 1/2 songs in 5.1 remastered:

King Of The Pride Lands disgaeahavok's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgema View Post
    Thanks for the remasters. Im downloading now, will give feedback later... I would also like to hear your expert opinion about my 5.1 versions of DKC songs (link at signature), if you have time ofc.

Edit: I'm listening to Torvus Bog Entrance (my favorite song in the Prime series) and making a comparison with my older OST file... The quality is great and the difference is like night and day. Thanks for making me listen to the whole OSTs again... can't wait for your next project (please do Majora's Mask!)
    He is doing MM for his next project, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by pralinen View Post
    Uploading Metroid Prime 1 in FLAC and with tags(atleast filenames & inside Winamp). Will update when the upload is done! Gonna take ~3.5h I only have 80kB/s upload

Done

Thank you so much! Always wanted the FLAC-version, cause really, FLAC is the best quality. Hope you can upload Metroid Prime 2 and 3 soon! Didn't work download the fileupload ones yesterday!

And thank you so much Assett 2 for all your hard work and top notch quality production on these games! I am a broke sod, but if I had the moneys, I would donate 10 dollars for you! You have done the gamingcommunity a great service, let's put this in the archives for safekeeping for another 100 years!

I reuploaded all of the FLAC archives:

Sorry, it seems the forum doesn't want me to post all the links at once so I'm trying 4 at at time.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Last edited by Poesnacks; 01-10-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Alright, having listened to all three albums, I have two simple gripes about the whole thing. First, I want to say that the album is borderline absolute perfection. You put the masters Koji Kondo and Kenji Yamamoto themselves to shame.

First: Both the "main themes" of Metroid primes 2 and 3 are three minutes long, yet the Main theme/intro of metroid prime 1 are just over a minute long, is there a reason for this?

Second: The title screen from MP2 Echoes was one of the highlights of the game. Do you plan to snag a good version of the song and release it remastered and such?

Agreed with Darkshadowmark. The title theme is one of the best songs in the game in my opinion. Also, Agon Wastes is the other missing song from Prime 2. Otherwise it's all here. It's up to you though.

Excellent work man! Thank you!