Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617

Thread: Metroid Prime Trilogy Remaster Project in FLAC - Official Release

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsEvilman View Post
    Thanks for those looking for it, but I gotta say and insist that there really is a huge difference between the original CD release and what the OP managed to do with the remastering of the soundtracks.
    In the end, they're both terrible to be honest. One is vastly incomplete, suffers from audio clipping and bad reverb and the other suffers from poor use of equalization, destroyed dynamic range, even worse reverb and an overall loss of detail.

Prime Blue's rip is still the definitive version of the soundtrack to this day. A straight up gamerip where all the audio bugs have been fixed. Unless Nintendo releases the uncompressed original recordings this is as good as it gets.

꧁Heart & mind unfolding꧂ franzito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggom View Post
    Prime Blue's rip is still the definitive version of the soundtrack to this day. A straight up gamerip where all the audio bugs have been fixed. Unless Nintendo releases the uncompressed original recordings this is as good as it gets.
    Speaking of which, do you know where Prime Blue's rip is? By the way, Prime Blue's work on Twilight Princess rip is the best around IMO.
    Last edited by franzito; 01-09-2019 at 11:05 AM.
    フランジト

Check out my [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (unusual & rare stuff) : D

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by franzito View Post
    Speaking of which, do you know where Prime Blue's rip is or is this the one?
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] has his Metroid Prime 1 & 2 rips in MP3 quality, unfortunately I can't seem to find a working link for the FLACs. Maybe someone in the Lossless Thread has them?

Sadly enough, this "remaster" is the very reason Prime Blue [Hidden link. Register to see links.].

In the end, they're both terrible to be honest. One is vastly incomplete, suffers from audio clipping and bad reverb and the other suffers from poor use of equalization, destroyed dynamic range, even worse reverb and an overall loss of detail.

As I said you can't reach perfection with something already done, you can just apply patches over it, overall I enjoy a lot what he did and seeing the thread, many people are pleased (more than unpleased ones). I respect different opinions and I do understand why a gamerip is perhaps the "best" release when the official one has mastering problems not present in the game files though.

Gotta add, I don't know if there's differences between the original MP1 Remaster done by Assett1 (the one i Have) and the one that has been added / tweaked when the whole trilogy has been released two years later.

About Prime Blue's departure, I'm sorry to say that but that's plain bullshit and quite cocky to say the least. I got huge respects for people uploading, working and sharing game music rips, but really, you can't go on the "don't steal my work" field when yourself are stealing and distributing for free the musical creation of someone else. You can't take credits for the original composer. You share his work because you believe it needs to be listened by as many as possible (in the best conditions possible maybe considering this one had a commercial release).

To add even more on that, Assett1 never used his gamerip for his first remaster, he used the CD soundtrack, he simply mentionned he could perhaps use his rip to see if it could be better than the CD release, he never used anything without his knowledge but PB's jumped on the thread and directly attacked him... Assett1 even said he wouldn't necessarily release the reworked rip after that, just that he might, giving him credits obviously. Like anyone might repost any other soundtrack upload, giving credits to the original uploader.

Honestly, even if I can understand the reaction at first, that's definitely a lame and pathetic move from him, never share anything online if you get mad with what people do of your uploads after that.

The very same thing happened recently in an other thread, kudos to him, our fellow uploader kirbyhammer7 is patient enough to discuss about what was a problem for him instead of leaving the hall like a angry child.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Last edited by ThisIsEvilman; 01-09-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Hmm, just curious about which one I have? I have a complete FLAC collection of 1, 2, 3, and titles and menus from the trilogy. I remember it being someone's personal gamerip/remaster, but didn't realize there were multiple people working on it. Anyone know by chance which this is? My MP1 is 756MB vs 900MB of the reuploaded one here, my MP2 is the same at 826MB vs. 829MB, and my MP3 is 860MB vs. 785MB here.

EDIT: Actually, the sizes of the ones here are a little larger, forgot I hadn't unzipped them yet.
    Last edited by 1337haXXor; 01-09-2019 at 10:37 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] has his Metroid Prime 1 & 2 rips in MP3 quality, unfortunately I can't seem to find a working link for the FLACs. Maybe someone in the Lossless Thread has them?

Sadly enough, this "remaster" is the very reason Prime Blue [Hidden link. Register to see links.].
    I didn't know about that and it saddens me because we know all the hard work involved in ripping game music straight from the source.

Quote Originally Posted by 1337haXXor View Post
    Hmm, just curious about which one I have? I have a complete FLAC collection of 1, 2, 3, and titles and menus from the trilogy. I remember it being someone's personal gamerip/remaster. My MP1 is 756MB vs 900MB of the reuploaded one here, my MP2 is the same at 826MB vs. 829MB, and my MP3 is 860MB vs. 785MB here.
    The sizes of the 5 folders in the Unabridged version (UNZIPPED FLAC) are:

Titles, menus, etc: 110 MB
    MP 1: 756 MB
    MP 2: 826 MB
    MP 3: 864 MB
    Bonus Gallery Soundtrack: 589 MB

Okay, that's the one that I have. Who's project was that, Blue or one of the others? Just curious so I can add that tag into my library, as I didn't realize there were other people who did their own.

EDIT: Aha, I see this was dy32light's Unabridged Remaster, just had to read through the thread...
    Last edited by 1337haXXor; 01-14-2019 at 03:19 PM.