Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Metroid Prime Trilogy Remaster Project in FLAC - Official Release

King Of The Pride Lands disgaeahavok's Avatar
    Can we have an update on Majora's Mask? Pretty purdy please??

Also curious about the Majora's Mask progress. He got the files 10 days ago so I'm assuming he has quite a lot to do yet before it's done.
    Want to know how to give reputation points? Find out [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

thanks epic ost

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by disgaeahavok View Post
    Can we have an update on Majora's Mask? Pretty purdy please??
    Sorry guys!
    Been busy.
    For Majora's Mask, the files were very good. The quality of the source is very good.
    So far, I've cleaned up all the tracks. Now actual remastering of the tracks is next.
    I'd say they should be completed before the end of Feb. As always, depending on how much time I have.

Awesome. Thanks for the update. Can't wait to hear the Deku Palace and Stone Tower Temple music in your remastered quality!

Thanks for the update! Im more into the melancholic tunes like the song of healing and calling the 4 giants. But my favorite is Astral Observatory. I can't wait hearing it with crystal clear quality sound!
    Donkey Kong Country 1/2 songs in 5.1 remastered:

Thank you so much!

Can't wait to hear Great Bay Coast in flac! It's a really sad song and makes me want to cry sometimes. But I love it! Probably my fave MM song.

OH! OH! For your next project, could you PLEASE do Golden Sun 1 & 2? That's a game I would LOVE to hear remastered, especially as there aren't any TRULY AMAZING quality rips out there?

Never mind, I'm ripping it myself in FLAC and distributing it on the site. Thanks though!
    Last edited by disgaeahavok; 02-17-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Here's my thread for the FLAC & MP3 GS soundtracks!! Thought I'd promote it on here!

Onion Kid
    Just wanted to thank you for the remaster. These songs bring back all the mystery and wonder of the original games and then some.

To those who tried to download from my thread, the thread is now 100% working, so feel free to start downloading now!

"Even In Death May You Be Triumphant."

No! Mufasa is the king of the Pride Lands! =P jk... super excited for the Majora's Mask release. The end of the month draws nigh...

Onion Kid
    These soundtracks really bring back the memories!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonIIDX View Post
    No! Mufasa is the king of the Pride Lands! =P jk... super excited for the Majora's Mask release. The end of the month draws nigh...
    You. sir, have earned my Win of the day!

Onion Kid
    Are you really remastering music professionally? The original hardware outputs this music at 48khz as far as I remember (which is higher than the CD release). You said in the original post that the reel tape rolls off at 17khz (that has to be one channel not both). Any chance of re-doing this? I don't understand why you'd go through so much electricity and hassle unless your learning how to do this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by vexatious View Post
    Are you really remastering music professionally? The original hardware outputs this music at 48khz as far as I remember (which is higher than the CD release). You said in the original post that the reel tape rolls off at 17khz (that has to be one channel not both). Any chance of re-doing this? I don't understand why you'd go through so much electricity and hassle unless your learning how to do this stuff.
    If you actually LISTENED to the music, not just "heard" it, you would have known he is a professional at this and it is all being done professionally. It has all BEEN done professionally. He KNOWS what he is doing. He has shown us the proof of the work. You ASKING him to re-do a SEVERAL MONTH project to suit your own personal tastes is just an insult and shows how much of a selfish prick you are. "Learning how to do this stuff?" Are you fucking serious? Have you even compared the soundtracks? Paired the melodies of Underwater Frigate Orpheon? Felt the boom of the beat of Phendrana Drifts? Experienced the heart thumping Emperor Ing Theme? I HIGHLY DOUBT YOUR HAVE.

Fucking idiot.

I can't believe you would make such a stupid comment like this after all the hard work he put into this. This was originally assett1's project and he was nice enough to be willing to take over it, so he didn't even have do this. Even after the AMAZING quality he put into it, you would ask him to do it again??? He stated before that he has a degree in mixing so he obviously knows what he is doing. Like Darkshadowmark said, if you actually compare the OSTs to Mr.Assett2's quality there is a massive difference with being Mr.Assett2's version being MUCH better and like he stated, "meant what it's supposed to sound like." Unbelievable...

Jesus fucking christ. You absolute gaytard. Everyone is right, asking him to redo an amazing remaster is beyond idiocy. You ASS.

Shriner
    At the risk of sounding like I'm defending this stupidity, these responses are a tad much.

Quote Originally Posted by DIGITAL@MUGI View Post
    At the risk of sounding like I'm defending this stupidity, these responses are a tad much.
    If you were intelligent enough to see our points, you wouldn't sound like you were defending his stupidity. What he's asking for is just plain wrong.

We were basically trying to say, that after Mr.Assett2 put so much time and effort into this, he complains about something that's not even an issue, and then he has the nerve to ask him do re-do the entire project just because of that... and he also questioned his professional process in which he has a degree in, and has been remastering for x years so he knows exactly what he's doing.

Ha! I had to make this!

You, sir, have gotten another win of the day!