Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What show were you sad to see end?

I'm not big on tv serials but I was sad to see Hannibal end prematurely. They had lofty ideas for that show, hoping to encompass all of Thomas Harris's Lecter-related books, and perhaps they were aiming too high but I thought all the components were there for it to run longer than it did.
    People don't always tell you what they're thinking. They just see to it that you don't advance in life.

Star Trek: The Next Generation, LOST and 24... I still hope there's a new season or at least a sequel to Live Another Day.
    My wishlist of recording sessions in lossless

Zimmer - Gladiator
    Hamlisch - The Spy Who Loved Me
    Barry - Moonraker
    Newman - SPECTRE
    Vangelis - Alexander
    Williams - Star Wars Episode III
    Danna - The Expatriate/Erased
    Iglesias, Gregson-Williams & Jusid - Exodus: Gods and Kings

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]..Nooooo!!!

Onion Kid
    Babylon 5 - In the "Ended well but sad that it's over" category.

Jericho - In the "Could have been excellent but was killed/crippled by the network" Sad/Angry category.

The only show that actually made me sad when it ended was Gravity Falls. Unlike many other shows that ended, this one felt like it had so much more potential than only 2 seasons.

Onion Kid
    The big ones for me have been Friday Night Lights, Veronica Mars, Party Down, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

These two are ending this week:

Grimm...

Black Sails...

I love the Score for Black Sails. While vacationing at a beach resort, I put headphones on & just gazed out at the ocean.
    I just waited for a pirate ship to appear on the horizon. I think Black Sales has probably told it's story, but I'll miss it.

Not ready to let go of Grimm, however! It's just too fun.

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Bones:
    It's been around SO LONG...and yet we all knew it was going to end this year.

Hope to see Angel on something else, I just like the guys' on screen presence.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Onion Kid
    The Leftovers. Such a beautiful show, great characters and writing. Also sad that they cut season 3 a bit short with only 8 episodes and limited budget.

The only one that really upset me at the finale was Xena. The beginning of the last episode echoing the beginning of the first episode, that hit me then that it was really going to be over, and I got chilled to the bone and wanted to puke. Other shows I've enjoyed, but I haven't gotten really invested in any show like that since.
    Yes, I like Reno's character quite well. If you don't, that's your problem, not mine.

Spectacular Spider-Man (my personal favorite Spider-Man show)
    Teen Titans
    Futurama
    Justice League
    Scrubs
    Batman TAS
    Spider-Man TAS
    Smallville (which wasn't that good, but it was something I watched throughout its run)
    Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes

Onion Kid
    Boardwalk Empire I like Mafia Series

Banned
    the Deuce

Shriner
    Samurai Jack.

I won't spoil anything, but it was oh-so-satisfying to see karma finally rip Aku to pieces after so long.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. The last episode the 2-parter "What You Leave Behind" was simply great.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatKenji View Post
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. The last episode the 2-parter "What You Leave Behind" was simply great.
    Agreed! Can’t wait for the new DS9 documentary that’s being made.

The Invaders TV series (1967-1968). Because there was no end. It just stopped, as if they had run out of money...

Onion Kid
    The West Wing - my favourite show by far. I know we can't have our fav shows run on forever, and in TWW case another season wouldn't have made sense; however, the characters in TWW was so strong that I really missed seeing their story lines continue to evolve.

Onion Kid
    Definitely Lost!

Quote Originally Posted by reactor View Post
    The West Wing - my favourite show by far. I know we can't have our fav shows run on forever, and in TWW case another season wouldn't have made sense; however, the characters in TWW was so strong that I really missed seeing their story lines continue to evolve.
    I just binged all 7 seasons last month, and I agree wholeheartedly. I would have loved to have had another season. It was just so freaking good.

In addition to TWW, I'm still bitter that Hannibal was canceled. It could have kept going, and it was just utterly brilliant in every way possible.

Onion Kid
    Early cancellations deserve more attention than shows that have clearly run their course. I wanted Lost and Parks and Recreation to just keep on going, but they had clearly run their course.

Onion Kid
    Breaking Bad. Can't wait for season four of Better Call Saul now.

Onion Kid
    Halt and Catch Fire
    Boss - seems like they just decided to stop in the middle of the story
    Entourage
    The Killing

Onion Kid
    Rubicon [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

A short-lived drama set in an intelligence agency/think tank with a slow but compellig pace and workplace dynamic. It's more to the tone of Cold War conspiracy thrillers like Three Days of Condor or John le Carré pieces, than 24, Burn Notice or Homeland. It brings new flavours to the very familiar spy story & gigantic conspiracy to unravel tropes, but its broad & slowly build foundation was too slow for modern but pre-Netflix TV networks. They show a more realistic setting of the intelligence world, with many moments one dearly misses from series/movies after you've seen them here.

The story they do manage to tell is luckliy more or less self-contained in the 13-episode-arc, although it would have been really interesting to see it go from there.

If you've seen Mr. Robot and are a fan of Philip Price's intensity of screen presence, Michael Cristofer plays a similar role here

Teen Titans
    Batman Beyond
    Firefly
    This room just reeks of optimism. ~ Dr. Knox