Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What show were you sad to see end?

Intergalactic coffee-addicted Counselor sorei's Avatar
    Revolution

Almost human

Firefly
    ST Enterprise
    I (may) disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (E.B. Hall)
    You are only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it... (Robin Williams)
    Ever tried, ever failed, no matter. Try again, fail again, fail better.(Samuel Beckett)

Dead link? PM me please.
    nmr unless stated, so it is always thx to the original uploader!

Luther - this show deserves a good finale

Onion Kid
    Three's Company. I used to watch episodes for hours on end, had the biggest crush on chrissy.

Neg
    TRUE BLOOD!!!

The Resident Zombi AberZombi&Flesh's Avatar
    Surface

Onion Kid
    Twin Peaks! Can't wait for the blu ray release though!

Onion Kid
    Sports Night
    and NBC's Ed

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Spice & Wolf

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by AberZombi&Flesh View Post
    Surface
    You mean NBC's Surface which ran Fall of 2005, but lost it's fan base when it went off the air for the Olympics? I knew NBC had lost faith in the show when it changed their order from 22 episodes to 15 which caused the season finale to happen way sooner then the creators of the show wanted.

Grand Shriner
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I felt it was the only Star Trek series that actually got better as it went along. At least it went out on a high note and with class. (Unlike Enterprise.)

Onion Kid
    Dollhouse. Sure it had some dead episodes but it had some absolute killer ones at the same time. 2 seasons was not enough.

Friends. Probably shouldn't really go more than 10 seasons but I loved every one of them. Great ending though.

And right now, Parenthood. I guess 6 seasons is a lot. But having a shortened season sucks as they brought up so a lot of new great storylines at the end of season 5.

Onion Kid
    I cried when The Wire ended.....

Banned
    I'll be sad to see The Mentalist go. I miss The Closer, and for me, the Finale to Saving Grace was just gut wrenching.... ;notgood:

Onion Kid
    Stargate Atlantis

Grand Shriner
    Twelve Kingdoms, Rurouni Kenshin, Dollhouse, Escaflowne, Angel, Jericho, Clone Wars.

Shriner
    I'll probably draw a lot of flak for saying this, but... Danny Phantom, hands down.

Why, you ask?

Well, I happen to have four pretty damn good reasons...

1. As a '90s Nick kid (a fact that I proudly admit), I can appreciate that, in terms of story content, this is - as a superhero coming-of-age tale - the most adult cartoon to ever air on Nickelodeon (plenty of character growth throughout, and the comedic element is relatively sparse).

2. As voice-over actors & actresses go, this show is a meeting of some of the entertainment industry's alumni: David Kaufman (Jimmy Olsen from Superman: the Animated Series and Jaybo Hood from STAR WARS: The Clone Wars, Season 1), Grey Delisle-Griffin (Daphne Blake from the latest Scooby-Doo cartoons), Colleen O'Shaugnessey (the voice of Sora from the American dub of Digimon: Digital Monsters's first two seasons and the latest voice for Miles "Tails" Prower from the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise), Kevin Michael Richardson (Captain Gantu from Disney's 'Lilo & Stitch' franchise, Shredder from the latest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon and Bulkhead from Transformers: Prime, to name a few), Ron Perlman (Fleet Admiral Terrence Hood from the Halo video games), Michael Dorn (Worf from Star Trek: The Next Generation and beyond), Cree Summer (Abigail & Cree Lincoln from Codename: Kids Next Door and Penny from Inspector Gadget), Mark Hamill (Joker from the DC Animated Universe, but he really hit the ground running as Luke Skywalker in the original STAR WARS trilogy - and is reprising the role starting in Episode 7 - The Force Awakens), James Arnold Taylor (Obi-Wan Kenobi in every STAR WARS cartoon over the past decade or so) and such highly-respected actors as Martin Mull and the late David Carradine, God rest his soul.

3. In recent years, the show has accumulated a colossal fan-base (take a look at fanfiction.net and Archive of Our Own for plenty of Phan-written stories, and krossan.deviantart.com for perhaps the single greatest webcomic you'll ever read - with the blessings of show creator Butch Hartman himself on Twitter).

4. Any half-decent Hollywood writer hoping to present an honest brother-sister relationship should use as their model that between Danny and Jazz (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10094759/1/The-Team-Phantom-Handbook" by Xenopsyche - part of the Knife's Edge timeline, wherein the events of "The Ultimate Enemy" left a much deeper psychological impact on Danny than first thought - describes their bond as starting out overly maternal on Jazz's part and almost exclusively antagonistic until the events of S1E09 "My Brother's Keeper"; as a result, she learns to relax and enjoy life, letting Danny grow on his own until the time feels right for either party to come forward with the truth - either to each other or to their parents).

So, if you haven't watched the show before, get out there and grab the complete series box-set on DVD from SHOUT! Factory - you'll be glad you did.
    Last edited by PhantomJedi240; 08-01-2019 at 01:19 PM.

Shriner
    Double-post. Sorry. Wi-fi here is crap.
    Last edited by PhantomJedi240; 12-31-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Neg
    BROARDWALK EMPIRE & GRACEPOINT!

I have numerous shows to list and some of you may not have heard of some of them.

Alien Nation
    Babylon 5
    Battlestar Galactica (2003)
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Dark Angel
    Dexter
    Eureka
    Fringe
    Friday the 13th: The Series
    Freaky Links
    Firefly
    Heroes
    Kolchak: The Night Stalker
    LEXX
    Lone Gunmen, The
    Millennium
    Mystery Science Theater 3000
    Night Gallery
    Outer Limits (1995)
    Psi Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal
    Poltergeist: The Legacy
    Primeval
    Roughnecks: The Starship Trooper Chronicles
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Stargate SG-1
    Tales from the Crypt
    Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
    True Blood
    VR.5
    Warehouse 13
    X-Files, The

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Hannibal?

Best new show in a LONG time.
    :/

Neg
    THE CRAZY ONES! ( I MISS ROBIN SO MUCH!)

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
    Hannibal?

Best new show in a LONG time.
    :/
    There may be a chance for hannibal. Apparently netflix is looking to pick it up.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gold View Post
    BROARDWALK EMPIRE & GRACEPOINT!
    I agree Mr Gold. Boardwalk Empire had so much potential for a longer run. I would have rather seen HBO continue with this series and drop an easy dozen of their other offerings instead.

Neg
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco21 View Post
    I agree Mr Gold. Boardwalk Empire had so much potential for a longer run. I would have rather seen HBO continue with this series and drop an easy dozen of their other offerings instead.
    I Know I Feel It Had Another 2-3 Seasons. 5 Seemed Rushed With 8 Epsiodes And The Ending Was A Bit... Well OMG!

Intergalactic coffee-addicted Counselor sorei's Avatar
    @Zoran:

VR 5 was totally new to me, never heard of it, found it in torrents. I will try.

Quote Originally Posted by sorei View Post
    @Zoran:

VR 5 was totally new to me, never heard of it, found it in torrents. I will try.

VR.5 (Virtual Reality 5) was a show that premiered on the FOX network in 1995 and it was originally paired with the X-Files. The show was ahead of its time and kinda trippy but it didn't get the ratings it needed and was cancelled after only 13 episodes.