Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: King Kong (Deluxe Edition) - James Newton Howard (FLAC) - Version 2.0

Grand Shriner
    I don't want to sound like I'm poking holes in wonderful work, but am I the only one hearing some sort of cellphone interference at around 1:39 in "Discovering Ann"?

Grand Shriner
    Thanks for the re-up (don't know why I missed this?) and thanks to SonicAdventure! I love his works on his DeLuxe-Editions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miggyb View Post
    I don't want to sound like I'm poking holes in wonderful work, but am I the only one hearing some sort of cellphone interference at around 1:39 in "Discovering Ann"?
    Youīre not the only one, it can also be found on the OST. Someone in the orchestra (or in the booth) must have had his cell on

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by ostgems View Post
    amanda, watch this spot... i'll re-up this later

#update#
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - pass: SayThanks
    Thank you for the re-up and to SonicAdventure obvioulsy!

Grand Shriner
    Thanks

Shriner
    Can someone re-up parrt 2? The link is dead.

I second the request for a re-up :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dmoth View Post
    I second the request for a re-up :-)
    Just to inform everyone: right now I'm working on it again. I want to "re-make" it. I never liked this Deluxe Edition and so after more than two years I will be doing it again, hoping that it will be better than ever (lacking artifacts caused by stupid, automated dynamic compression and without the awkward transitions/crossfades).

BTW, you are now able to vote for a score I then shall turn into a Deluxe Edition. Do it here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Last edited by SonicAdventure; 08-29-2014 at 06:42 AM.

Grand Shriner
    Thank you so much^^

Iīve replaced my set with a new one -> [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Might some mod be so kind and edit the thread title?
    Or can someone point to me to someone who would able to do it?
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Onion Kid
    Thanks for this soundtrack, I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Thanks for the update, Sonic!
    Everyone is entitled to one good score.

Grand Shriner
    Thanks!!!

Thank you.
    Your work is appreciated!
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl f'tagn

Thank you for your new edition! I have to say that I liked your previous one and I didn't heard any problem at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Minnasan View Post
    Thank you for your new edition! I have to say that I liked your previous one and I didn't heard any problem at all...
    I had my thoughts about my set when I released it. Those thoughts grew into hate towards my set and towards me. For years I have asked myself "How could you master a fantastic score such as this in such a bad and lazy way?" It became so bad that I couldnīt listen to it anymore so the only solution was to do it again. To the common ear, the result might not sound better than the previous set... in fact, some people might prefer the old version. Itīs more in-your-face, more punchy and aggressive. It exaggerated an already aggressive sound signature (courtesy of Alan Meyerson's mix). The new set is less aggressive, itīs more 'correct', refined. The old set sounded slightly hollow, the new one doesnīt. And IMO, the stage is much better, more holographic, less oqaque and more stable (the old set was in-your-face but flat).

Quote Originally Posted by SonicAdventure View Post
    I had my thoughts about my set when I released it. Those thoughts grew into hate towards my set and towards me. For years I have asked myself "How could you master a fantastic score such as this in such a bad and lazy way?" It became so bad that I couldnīt listen to it anymore so the only solution was to do it again. To the common ear, the result might not sound better than the previous set... in fact, some people might prefer the old version. Itīs more in-your-face, more punchy and aggressive. It exaggerated an already aggressive sound signature (courtesy of Alan Meyerson's mix). The new set is less aggressive, itīs more 'correct', refined. The old set sounded slightly hollow, the new one doesnīt. And IMO, the stage is much better, more holographic, less oqaque and more stable (the old set was in-your-face but flat).
    I have your previous version so I'll check the sound differences and let you know which version do I prefer Probably my problem is that I don't have such a good ear to "understand" what's wrong or right in a master, sometimes I hear something and I know that is bad mixed but not why hahaha But one of the things that I love most of your editions is that I learn a lot about sound differences.

Thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by Minnasan View Post
    I have your previous version so I'll check the sound differences and let you know which version do I prefer Probably my problem is that I don't have such a good ear to "understand" what's wrong or right in a master, sometimes I hear something and I know that is bad mixed but not why hahaha But one of the things that I love most of your editions is that I learn a lot about sound differences.

Thank you again!
    Well... I can tell you this: you really shouldnīt listen to music like me. Whenever I hear something I notice whatīs bad and whatīs good. A 'good' ear (which is nothing more than an ear having been trained) is a curse. I cannot listen to something that sounds bad, I just cannot. That prevents me enjoying much of the music ever recorded because I always want to fix the 'bad' and retain the 'good'. And sometimes Iīm unable to fix it... which makes me mad. I never listen to some scores (the first three Star Wars scores for example) - just because they do not sound well and Iīm unable to alter them so that I actually can listen to them. I only do my editions in order to finally enjoy the music I love so much. But enjoyment? Doesnīt happen too often. I often regard people who arenīt interested in sound as cattle or sheep... but they are the lucky ones really because they are able to readily enjoy whatīs important: the music.

And now please stroke my head because of all my arrogant self-pity

Grand Shriner
    Thank you for wonderful edition of amazing score!

Grand Shriner
    Thanks for your new edition!

Banned
    Listen to the first appearance of the Kong theme starting at 0:38 in track 1. Definitely an improvement in the deep bass. There's more gorilla there!

Always with the awesomeness, SA. Thank you so much.

Grand Shriner
    whati is the pass word please ?

Quote Originally Posted by salade64 View Post
    whati is the pass word please ?
    Read the first post, the expression "password" comes at the bottom.

Downloading the new version right now! Thank you SonicAdventure!

Thanks again for all of your hard work!!