Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pikmin 2 Original Soundtrack - Finally Completed

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by LexIgnis View Post
    Hey, nice work putting together this compilation, thanks to everyone involved! About 8-10 songs total had names that were too long, will list them here for ease of fixing:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 7

Part 9

Part 10

*456 and 457 were too long as well, but it let me rename those

For reference, I am running Win 7 64 bit.

But overall, am quite pleased. This took a lot of effort to put together, and I, at least, am very grateful.
    I'm feeling generous today, clicky on my mediafire linky! [Hidden link. Register to see links.] It's not a trap, trust me, I'm a dolphin.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSlimeKnight View Post
    I'm feeling generous today, clicky on my mediafire linky! [Hidden link. Register to see links.] It's not a trap, trust me, I'm a dolphin.
    Not sure what that file is, but forgive my paranoia, I managed to fix the files in question, for the most part. So I'm good. Thanks anyway.

Onion Kid
    Well good for you. I just don't like it when others besides me complain...and poor OP has to deal with me just because I'm too lazy to look elsewhere for the correct song in 2-player battle mode of Olimar needing one last cherry with red Pikmin chanting "Olimar!" a billion times. Seriously though, what I posted is an self-extracting exe file that contains them 16 songs that's broken in Windows.

Grand Shriner
    KingSlimeKnight - I actually did not record most of this rip. SlippyToad did, so you can ask him. I also do not know what you mean by "static" as well as the "Olimar Needing One Last Cherry" song. Tracks 114 and 111 are not the same, and they are not supposed to be. Also, thank you for putting those files into a folder. I'll add them to the rip and give you and LexIgnis credit.

LexIgnis - Thank you for compiling the files. Also, thank you for having no hard feelings about this rip. It DID take a lot of time to record and compile, so thank you for that.

The files will be added soon. Thanks guys!

EDIT: Files are up! Waiting to hear back from you guys!

- Zorg
    Last edited by Zorglorfian; 12-08-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Onion Kid

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Zorglorfian View Post
    KingSlimeKnight - I actually did not record most of this rip. SlippyToad did, so you can ask him. I also do not know what you mean by "static" as well as the "Olimar Needing One Last Cherry" song. Tracks 114 and 111 are not the same, and they are not supposed to be. Also, thank you for putting those files into a folder. I'll add them to the rip and give you and LexIgnis credit.

LexIgnis - Thank you for compiling the files. Also, thank you for having no hard feelings about this rip. It DID take a lot of time to record and compile, so thank you for that.

The files will be added soon. Thanks guys!

EDIT: Files are up! Waiting to hear back from you guys!

- Zorg
    #415 sounds exactly like #411, I was not talking about #114 and #111. I have no clue how you had misread that. I repeat, song number four hundred fifteen sounds exactly like song number four hundred eleven, I WAS NOT talking about song number one hundred fourteen and song number one hundred eleven.

Even though I don't have a proper amp for my BeyerDynamic DT990 Premium 600 Ohm Audiophile version headphones to listen to songs, I can hear static and buzzing noises in some songs, albeit they're only a handful of them that are very prominent/noticeable. If you don't have an ear that can pick up the sound and/or the proper equipment(Beats are not proper), it would most certainly affect the quality of the music from crap to gold. I truly envy you.

Thanks for the credit, but please listen to song number four hundred fifteen and song number four hundred eleven.

Thanks a bunch Zorglorfian.

I ran back through my list to see which files it didn't like copying to an external due to file name size (I know there were a few I didn't post, mostly in Part 9 I believe), but sadly Windows is not being cooperative about the date modified, and insists that they are all the same as when I downloaded them
    So sadly, can't get any more precise than that until I dig out that hard drive and see if the changes were made obvious on there.

That said, thanks for uploading the songs initially, and then working to fix the issue. Greatly appreciated.

Do you want me to fire up that external sometime this week and see if I can pinpoint which songs it whines about being too long? They were actually renameable this time, so it was a quick fix.

Grand Shriner
    KingSlimeKnight - I have listened to the songs in question. There is a difference between them. 411 is the main battle theme and 415 is the Olimar chant theme. 415 is 411 with the chant overlay. That's what I hear at least.

Also, I recorded the tracks with static myself. Me, I just tune it out with my Gumy Headphones, but if it is a real issue, then I'll see what Audacity has to say about it [cracks knuckles].

LexIgnis - You're welcome! Thank YOU once again for your support and your appreciation.

Sure! Take as long as you need to figure out those songs with the external, as I will be mostly unavailable to record or fix anything until the 21st. Have a happy December and good luck on finals if you have them!

Ok, I checked my external and apparently I deleted the copy of the files I had there. Frustrated, I decided to redownload if I had to, when I located a sticky note I had used while making some changes. According to that, the main culprit was some things in part 9. So I grabbed part 9 again, and compared the zipped files to my current ones. Here are the numbers of the songs on which the names are changed:

Part 9

Missing* or too long *and note that Missing here means I accidentally deleted these when I first downloaded them b/c i wouldn't let me rename them for some reason. These files ARE in the zip for Part 9, no worries.

412-427, 429 (missing), 430-433, 434-435 (missing), 436

Unless specified, the files were too long, and I believe this is also true of the files I had to delete as well.

Please note that this is just for reference, it's a pretty easy to identify the files with issues, they were mainly the ones that were from 2-player mode, where the file names just got too long for Windows to handle properly.

Happy Holidays Zorg, and ditto on the good luck with Finals if you have them!

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorglorfian View Post
    KingSlimeKnight - I have listened to the songs in question. There is a difference between them. 411 is the main battle theme and 415 is the Olimar chant theme. 415 is 411 with the chant overlay. That's what I hear at least.

Also, I recorded the tracks with static myself. Me, I just tune it out with my Gumy Headphones, but if it is a real issue, then I'll see what Audacity has to say about it [cracks knuckles].
    Sneaky, it (#415 sounding exactly like #411) was fixed in the most recent upload but then you had encountered another problem, part 8 and 9 says that you only got 448 songs compared to the previous upload that had 470. It's as if you're switching back and forth between two different rar files instead of making a new one. Well, I got what I was looking for, but if you want this project of yours to be great, you might want to consider doing everything all over again during winter break or whenever you got ample time.

I used to know how to edit out them static on Audacity, but I haven't touched that thing for ages. Could you upload them in a new separate rar file, to not get them mixed up by mistake with the whole bunch of rar files you got for Pikmin 2.

If you want, LexIgnis, I could upload all of the songs with the title intact, but with less descriptive and shorter file names. If you want both the title and the file name of the song to be short and the same (I sort of can live with the long title name), it'll take me much more time, at least 3 hours of sitting on the computer just to fix all 470 songs titles. That would mean I would take 6 hours just to get all the file name and the title of the song to be shortened to my liking, but if the file name is short, the title name can be changed. I'm not Zorglorfian, so I don't know if he would approve of me doing this on his thread.

Sorry about taking so long to get back to you, KingSlimeKnight, site was inaccessible for a bit, and then other stuff happened. I very much appreciate the offer, sounds like it'd be a major undertaking. I, personally, don't need it, as all files at this point have names that Win 7/iTunes can deal with, but if you wanted to make a project out of this, and Zorglorfian approved (as you mentioned in your post, it is his thread), I'd be happy to help out however I can. Maybe we split up the parts 1-10 and each does 5, (usually the only issue is the area names at the end making the filename a little too long).

Have got some spare time I could donate to a worthy cause like this.

Be warned, however, that even assuming Zorg gives the ok, i'll be MIA for about 10 days after today. Also, I can't upload files as of the moment, due to stupid internet issues and a lack of online places to put files. So I'm not sure how much help I can be aside from creating a name list. But I'm willing to try if Zorg is cool with it.

Onion Kid
    I'm not going to do anything until Zorg uploads a better quality version of those few but static filled recordings. His hands must be tied as well, not just because of the "holiday season", and if he wants, he could fix the file name, song title, and comments attached to every song file, but he seems very reluctant to do so, based on what I know so far. He can give all the excuses in the world, but I'm pretty sure that anyone with the technical knowledge can edit all of these things on iTunes on an Apple computer. He should put all of those long and detailed names and locations of where the song is heard in a completely separate file that's in the same folder that contains the Pikmin 2 OST on Mediafire because he's having trouble of managing the exact count of the songs altogether in many of his painstakingly mashed together rar files that had been edited so many times. The only thing that's stopping me from making it better is again, I want a better quality version of those few but static filled recordings. Why is there no complete game rip of Pikmin 2? I believe it's because of a smaller fan base compared with some of the more popular game series. Perhaps Pikmin 3 people might want to have the Pikmin 2 sound track that had the people wanting so much more for over 8 years, and perhaps Nintendo might release a official OST for all three games altogether, but I highly doubt that it would be done perfectly as the fans want. Zorg's long project of compiling all of the known songs will not be easily dismissed, but putting every single detail in the file name, song title, and comments in every single sound file is only making it worse. I honestly don't know how hard can it be to put all of those details in parenthesis and brackets in just one single file. Too much is too much. We might never see the day of having every single monster sounds, character sounds, etc., but damn it, we're so close to perfecting the songs. You guys, don't give up on this, it's just too soon.

Grand Shriner
    Actually, KingSlimeKnight, I feel like I have done all I can (and want to) with this. If you and LexIgnis want to fix this / finish it, be my guest. If there is anything I can help out with on my end, such as un-uploaded songs, I will gladly do so, but for now, I'm taking a breather...

Maybe I'll get back to this in a week, a month, two, but for now, no.

BTW, the final count has been 470 for a while. Where does it say 448?

All the best,
    Zorg

Onion Kid

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by KingSlimeKnight View Post
    Sneaky, it (#415 sounding exactly like #411) was fixed in the most recent upload but then you had encountered another problem, part 8 and 9 says that you only got 448 songs compared to the previous upload that had 470. It's as if you're switching back and forth between two different rar files instead of making a new one. Well, I got what I was looking for, but if you want this project of yours to be great, you might want to consider doing everything all over again during winter break or whenever you got ample time.
    Assuming you didn't do anything ever since I posted this, one of your files is missing them. Every single one of your rar files has a document saying what songs are included in this rar file, and so the songs in the files also happened to reflect the same number of songs that says that it includes within that rar. Before you replaced the rar with the "supposedly" fixed song of Pikmin chanting Olimar, that rar part contained more songs than what you had replaced it with. If you had fixed it by now, I wouldn't know, I haven't checked because you haven't bothered removing the static from those bad recordings. What I already know is that you have no goddamn clue as to what I'm talking about, and you don't care enough to even try to understand what I'm talking about before you had posted. Good day to you sir, I don't want to deal with the likes of you no more. LexIgnis seems to have it all under control, maybe he would pick up where you dropped off. If I made my own thread, nobody gets any credit, just the songs without stupid comments and long file and title names.

I could be mistaken, but I believe part 1 has been corrupted. It says it cannot create Track 1 - 57/28 Got A Treasure

Grand Shriner
    Just redid everything and made sure that the files matched the tracks inside them. The long-titled songs are pared down (thanks to KingSlimeKnight and LexIgnis) although the hissing tracks still need fixing. If anyone can do that it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!

The new link directs to MediaFire's main page, not the Pikmin 2 directory

Grand Shriner
    All parts are fixed! The error messages are gone, and the only thing left is that hiss... Can anyone assist?

Grand Shriner
    Thank you so much everyone! This is excellent!
    Now we must start on Pikmin 3.

Grand Shriner
    i could cry. I was looking at my old Pikmin 2 soundtrack a while ago and lamenting just how much is missing from it. I had no idea something like this existed. I can't thank you enough, but still, thanks to you all so much for all the hard work you put into this. I can't wait to listen.

old otaku refugee...
    my freaking THANK YOU MILLION TIMES!!! *Q* this is so precious!

Thank you everyone for this fantastic rip! Oh and in case someone is wondering, the President's name isn't Shacho, "shacho" (社長) is just, well, "president" in japanese.
    Soundtracks: [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner
    Thank you!

Onion Kid
    Do you have a FLAC version available to upload?

Stupidity is not a right! Deggial's Avatar
    Part 8 give me Generating new download key endless page

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Deggial View Post
    Part 8 give me Generating new download key endless page
    Same - does anyone have Part 8?