Thread: how do i download a torrent from rutracker.org

Onion Kid

how do i download a torrent from rutracker.org

I just want to ask since some of the ost are only available from that website and the whole website is in russian so i cant understand a thing. Thanks

Grand Shriner
    you could try g translate. other than that, i dont know. ive wondered myself on occasion :-|
    Pixar Cast and Crew CD Thread - http://forums.ffshrine.org/f92/pixar...-thread-80014/

wish-
    august rush score (flac)

I have a sneaky feeling that you have to register as well.

Grand Shriner
    You need an account to download torrents from there. Go here, scroll down and pick the first choice... You'll see this:

1) Nickname

2) E-mail address

3~4) Password+Re-enter/Confirm password

5) Randomly generated code.

Flag the box to accept the rules (though the system should flag it automatically)

Again, scroll down and click the button.

Search for a score through the field at the top, choose a thread, and click on the ".torrent" text under the floppy , found in the first post. There, you're set.

Onion Kid
    thank you so much!

LSK: That is exceedingly useful! I know I'm not OP, but thank you very much!

Grand Shriner
    Glad to be of service, gentlemen. When you don't know how to register to a board, think about the information you're usually requested to provide when registering an account and go from there. I don't know a thing of russian... I simply looked at some character, noticed which ones got actually repeated... and figured out that they were the password/confirm password fields. I'm glad they left "email"... readable to everyone Though, as someone already suggested, you can try a bit of Google Translate.

Aside from that, a little warning if you plan to download lossless rips from there: remember to check them for authenticity. Probably the "new" stuff is legit, but some of the old stuff is either a transcode from lossy files, or an 'inaccurate' rip (as in: there's a guy/lady who got an audio files only rip, burned it to CD without using a proper .cue... and subsequently re-ripped, creating a screwed up copy without proper gaps/etc..).