Welcome to my second annual my Final Fantasy Character knockout game! I have 135 characters (the same 135 characters from last year), from Final Fantasy I to Final Fantasy XIV, and Final Fantasy Tactics all meshed in and spat out to form battles. There's 9 characters from each game and who will be victorious? You decide! (This is very cheesy I know... )
Last year the winner was Squall, and he's back to try and reclaim his title, can anyone take his place this year? Next to each character I've put down the game they appeared in, followed by position each character got last year, and their votes tally from last year. In Round 2 onwards I'll also post their total tally this year. This is all for information purposes, if you're a statistical nerd like me . If that doesn't make sense, here's what Squall's name will look like:
Squall (VIII, 1st, 46)
Also what game will be most favourable? Last year Final Fantasy VI had the most votes, in terms of their characters totalling. Is FF6 just as popular this year as last year? We'll soon find out!
If you haven't played any of my FF Knockout Games in the past, here are the rules:
1. To vote, simply check who is going against who and reply with your favourite character in each roundup, preferably in a column format.
2. When a round finishes, if there are any tiebreakers, I'll post them up at the end. Tiebreakers are to be decided by listing them, and asking the question again about who is their favourite, the first response wins the tiebreak (eg. if the tiebreaker was Kefka vs Cloud, and the first poster to respond chooses Kefka, Kefka goes through to the next round).
3. Round 1 has 64 fights to it. Because 135 doesn't work into 64, there are 7 battles where there are three characters who will fight for the place in Round 2.
4. All these battles are chosen randomly, I've used a simple Excel spreadsheet and the "Rand" formula to help me make it fair and square. The only exceptions I've made is that there's no two characters from the same game going against eachother. I'm going to try and keep characters from the same games apart for as long as possible, although that may get difficult later.
5. I'll keep these rounds open for around a week, it depends on the reception and my business, this forum can go slowly sometimes so we'll see.
6. Because Round 1 has 64 battles, I'll split it into four sections (so you'll see 16 battles today, 16 in the next update etc). Round 2 will have 32 battles and I'll split that into two sections. Round 3 onwards will be posted in the complete forms.
7. Don't take this seriously, it's just a bit of fun. By all means debate why you love or hate certain characters, just be respectful of others feelings of those same characters.
So without any further delay, here's the first part of Round 1...
Kain (IV, 33rd, 12) vs Penelo (XII, 47th, 8) vs Matoya (I, 104th, 1)
Cloud of Darkness (III, 73rd, 3) vs Lenna (V, 43rd, 9) vs Vivi (IX, 21st, 14)
Golbez (IV, 88th, 2) vs Freya (IX, 39th, 10)
Minwu (II, 122nd, 0) vs Larsa (XII, 88th, 2)
Alux (III, 73rd, 3) vs Hojo (VII, 104th, 1)
Serah (XIII, 104th, 1) vs King Tycoon (V, 56th, 6)
Bahamut (I, 122nd, 0) vs The Emperor (II, 24th, 13)
Barthandelus (XIII, 104th, 1) vs Rufus (VII, 65th, 4)
Krile (V, 39th, 10) vs Thancred (XIV, 104th, 1)
Rosa (IV, 73rd, 3) vs Vanille (XIII, 73rd 3)
Jecht (X, 73rd, 3) vs Leon (II, 19th, 15)
Rafa (Tactics, 122nd, 0) vs Galuf (56th, 6)
Snow (XIII, 73rd, 3) vs Cid (VII, 63rd, 4)
Setzer (VI, 104th, 1) vs Cid (Tactics, 30th, 11)
Desch (III, 60th, 5) vs Semih Lafihna (XI, 88th, 2)
Gordon (II, 24th, 13) vs Cecil (IV, 18th, 17)