Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Thread: Videogames' Official Strategies Guides Thread (Ciak #2)

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post
    Hello to you, Targon88.

Here's the guide you have requested: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Awesome. Thank you so very much - you really made my day!

(EP sure left a big, smoldering hole in the ground after the site deactivated its links)

Survived the 『Hunt』 Leon Scott Kennedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon88 View Post
    Awesome. Thank you so very much - you really made my day!

(EP sure left a big, smoldering hole in the ground after the site deactivated its links)
    No problem.

Heh, you're telling me about EP… I'm the guy who uploaded 50%/60% of the guides that were hosted there; actually, I kind of got that whole strategy guides database started on that website, pitched 'em the idea and became a contributor. I still think I was kind of bugging MasJ with our weekly "appointments" on the FTP, haha.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | N: “He was having his favourite dish.”
    “May the good blood guide your way.”

Hi Leon,

I realize this isn't in your list but I'm just hoping *anyone* might have it - looking for the Official Nintendo Diddy Kong Racing guide. Any chance it is still out there with EP being gone?

Found a scan of the Red Dead Redemption 2 Piggyback Complete Official Guide, quality isn't great, but it's readable. You folks can request for it, if you want, I'll upload it later.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Last edited by Leon Scott Kennedy; 12-07-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Onion Kid
    Not sure how this works or if its ok, but was skimming through the thread as EP is now all dead. Anyway, I'm looking to dust off the old systems and play with my boys. I used to have hundreds of hard covers back when I was a kid prior to moving away to college.

Is it ok to request the whole batch? These guides I can't find anywhere, especially all the Game Boy/pokemon etc. Unfortunately I never scanned them all in the past.

Onion Kid
    Has anyone got a copy of the official guide for American McGee's Alice? Haven't quite managed to find an alternative to EP yet...

Quote Originally Posted by dianakingston View Post
    Has anyone got a copy of the official guide for American McGee's Alice? Haven't quite managed to find an alternative to EP yet...
    Left you a link.

Onion Kid
    Thanks!

Onion Kid
    Do you know where I can get the main ones that where on EP?

Your thread says that you can find most of these on EP but they have been down for quite sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by whazzzzzup17 View Post
    Do you know where I can get the main ones that where on EP?

Your thread says that you can find most of these on EP but they have been down for quite sometime.
    Some are on archive.org, but yeah, most of the ones on EP are likely lost, nowadays. I'll get rid of that part now, EP seems to have actually taken the guides offline (and not merely remove links).

Shriner
    Does anyone have a copy of the Mega Man 11 guide?

Onion Kid
    Bummer. Well since I'm just starting my machine and trying to recover all my lost guides, I would like to help all with a technique I learned.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I'm trying to help where I can.

1. Install TamperMonkey on Google Chrome
    2. Install this script: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    3. Navigate to the scribd page, scroll the entire length of your Scribd doc. When you get to the end, save as complete webpage. Delete everything that's not a JPG. Open the folder and combine all images to PDF.

Here are some guides, but you can just modify your search at the top.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Could anyone please provide a Wii version of Twilight Princess Guide? Links are gone over at EP. Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by RCM327 View Post
    Could anyone please provide a Wii version of Twilight Princess Guide? Links are gone over at EP. Thx!
    Left you a link, you might still get some use out of it.

Trying to rebuild my collection that I had, I'm looking for the Assasin's Creed games guides, Uncharted games and God of War games, thanks to anyone who can help

Quote Originally Posted by thedenden View Post
    Trying to rebuild my collection that I had, I'm looking for the Assasin's Creed games guides, Uncharted games and God of War games, thanks to anyone who can help
    Left you a link.

Onion Kid
    Good morning! Was curious about acquiring the Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song BradyGames guide?
    Also, is there another website that has tried to fulfill what EmuParadise left behind in regards to archiving guides for older, more obscure games? It's fairly straightforward to find scans of Final Fantasy VIII guides... but other things, not so much.

Thank you for your help, in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by damakikid View Post
    Good morning! Was curious about acquiring the Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song BradyGames guide?
    Also, is there another website that has tried to fulfill what EmuParadise left behind in regards to archiving guides for older, more obscure games? It's fairly straightforward to find scans of Final Fantasy VIII guides... but other things, not so much.

Thank you for your help, in advance!
    Here you go: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

There are some guides on archive.org, but — as far as I know, there isn't a website that tried to archive older guides the way EP did.

Onion Kid
    Here you go: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

There are some guides on archive.org, but — as far as I know, there isn't a website that tried to archive older guides the way EP did.
    Thank you so very much, Leon Scott Kennedy. That is truly a shame that no other entity has attempted to emulate archival processes in quite the same way that EmuParadise did... it makes me wonder if many of those old documents will be lost forever now that they have removed access to them.

At any rate, I appreciate your dedication to hand curating this service. Are you aware of any murmurs or intentions for individuals to come together to begin re-housing these documents (even if it was a Google Doc), or do you think this is likely the direction things will continue? Just curious! Archive.org seems to have quite a few guides, but certainly nothing like EP...

Quote Originally Posted by damakikid View Post
    Thank you so very much, Leon Scott Kennedy. That is truly a shame that no other entity has attempted to emulate archival processes in quite the same way that EmuParadise did... it makes me wonder if many of those old documents will be lost forever now that they have removed access to them.

At any rate, I appreciate your dedication to hand curating this service. Are you aware of any murmurs or intentions for individuals to come together to begin re-housing these documents (even if it was a Google Doc), or do you think this is likely the direction things will continue? Just curious! Archive.org seems to have quite a few guides, but certainly nothing like EP...
    No need to thank me. Like I wrote some posts above, I have been the one to kickstart that database on EP, more than half of the guides that were hosted on there had been uploaded by yours truly, still can't shake the feeling I've been a pain in MasJ's ass, with my weekly updates… At any rate, I had to get rid of some scans, over time (needed to free up space on the HDD), everything I kept is on the list of the first post.

I know that a few users over at the EmuParadise forums may be able to upload a few guides, but nobody (aside from MasJ himself, most likely) has access to every guide that EP hosted… I wouldn't get my hopes up, if I were you, most of those guides are likely lost.

Left you a link.
    Thank you!!

Onion Kid
    Have anyone the Tales of Vesperia guide???

Quote Originally Posted by neosenyai View Post
    Have anyone the Tales of Vesperia guide???
    Here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Onion Kid
    Thanks

Thanks a lot!