Page 1 of 62 12345671151 ... LastLast

Thread: Isolated scores

"grand n00b shrinerist"

Isolated scores

Hi

One of my biggest interests are isolated scores from DVD and Bluray. As i don't have a player for laserdiscs, this is not something i have been collecting. Anyway, i have made quite a few rips of these isolated scores myself and wanted to check how much interest there would be for uploads and perhaps also if any of you have something to contribute with as well. These rips will be uploaded in flac but those of you that are more interested in mp3 can always convert them yourself. With all the apps out there it's not a big problem doing so. But remember! By doing so you will degrade the quality further!

As i mentioned, these are my own rips and i always try to squeeze the most out of them, but in most cases, that's what it is: The rip itself and not any alternates and such making it one of those "complete" or "even-more-completer" rip that people compete with. It's the music as it is heard on the isolated track and nothing more (exception - if there are any incomplete songs, i have tried to find a lossless version of those.)

I don't have the time to check all the links regularly so should you want something and the links are dead, send me a PM, DON'T clutter the thread with requests for re-ups. I will be likely to ignore those.

If you like my work, feel free to click Like and boost my rep... comments, constructive criticism, ideas on how to improve my work are greatly appreciated

Do you happen to have access to any isolated score i don't? I'm always interested if you could make the original AC3-file available (or whatever format it would be in)

Should you wish to see a complete list of what i got at the moment (all of it is not ripped and processed yet) there's a list of what i have available in the "About Me" part in my profile.

To clarify for those wondering:

• An isolated score is simply the music as a separate audio track on the DVD/BluRay (as opposed to the regular audio track with speech and SFX). Sometimes there is only music, sometimes it has the composer's commentary as well and if you're lucky, those commentaries do not mix with the music. There might also be significant drops in music volume due to composer's commentaries and those isolated scores takes a lot more work before they're done.
    • Rips of the front or rear or any channels with sfx and/or speech are NOT isolated scores but "simply" something where someone has tried isolating the music from the speech and SFX.
    • This thread will not have any such rips. It will only be about isolated scores.

As far as the "lossless" go... all of this is flac which is as lossless as it gets. The source itself is seldom lossless. See the excellent explanations a couple of posts further down about this.

Some useful links (should you happen to have more, send them to me and i will put them here):

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    this one lists all features, even those that aren't officially listed

this one lists a lot of isolated score on Laser Disc, DVD and BluRay. Don't know how up to date it is though...

This one lists isolated scores on BluRay. Again, don't know how up to date it is.

And another one, not up to date.

Here is a site where you can search for blurays with isolated score tracks

And a simple search for isolated scores on Screen Archives Entertainment using Google:

And finally some links on how to get started with ripping the audio-files to the best possible quality (even if it isn't lossless):

Here's a list of links of what i have posted so far:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Calidoran; 10-03-2015 at 02:34 PM.

Sounds quite interesting to me. I would be interested in the Herrmanns and the Horners. Too bad you didnīt rip a few rare Herrmann scores... like The Devil and Mr. Webster, etc... (although it could be, they are not available on blue ray yet...??).

Great work so far!! Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Calidoran View Post
    These rips will be uploaded in flac. I know the source is not lossless
    That's something I don't understand : why are the isolated scores lossy ?

Regarding your post it's GREAT news !

I'm interested in many many many of your isolated rips. But any chance to get also, in the future, the isolated score from THE KILLERS composed by John Williams ?

Soul Brother #2
    Wow, very nice! I would love to hear the rip for Glory! Probably Edward Scissorhands too.
    If music be the food of love... Then Play On

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Jordan View Post

I'm interested in many many many of your isolated rips. But any chance to get also, in the future, the isolated score from THE KILLERS composed by John Williams ?
    Neither DVD's or Blu Ray's have lossless music tracks. They are simply mpeg encodings, for example the BFI have some of the highest mpeg encodings at 320 kbps but a standard DVD is usually 192 kbps encoding. They are just mp3 soundtracks!

Grand Shriner
    Day the Earth Stood Still jumps out of that list for me, I love the CD album and if the movie track is different I want that too!

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by saw76 View Post
    Neither DVD's or Blu Ray's have lossless music tracks. They are simply mpeg encodings, for example the BFI have some of the highest mpeg encodings at 320 kbps but a standard DVD is usually 192 kbps encoding. They are just mp3 soundtracks!
    DVD uses lossy ac3 (dolby digital) enconding @ 192kbps when 2-channel and 448 or 384kbps when 5.1.. Dolby digital ac3 is WAY better than mp3, even at 192kbps. Blu-ray can make the use of lossless audio such as DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD, but as far as I know, only one label uses it when it comes to isolated score...

Woah, slow down there. First of all, 99.999% of audio tracks on DVD are encoded as AC3 (Dolby Digital) which is not MPEG, MP2, or MP3. DVD does not support MP3 at all. The DVD specification allows for may be encoded as MP2 but since only PAL region players are obligated to play MP2 audio tracks and AC3 is a superior codec, it is rarely if ever seen outside of amateur productions.

Secondly, DVD and Bluray can have lossless audio tracks. DVD permits LPCM audio which is lossless. Bluray in addition permits Dolby True HD, and DTS-HD which are also lossless codecs.

It is entirely at the discretion of the producer whether or not to include a lossless isolated track.

"grand n00b shrinerist"
    What they said about lossless/ac3 if the upload goes well (my first attempt) i will start with James Horners Glory.

Quote Originally Posted by phbart View Post
    (words)
    *highfive*

I must say I'm interested by both Legend (Tangerine Dream) and Papillion (Jerry Goldsmith).

Searching memories of our yesterdays
    Far too strong to fade away
    Every moment has its lifetime,
    And each lifetime
    Has its day
    I'm chasing shadows all the way

"grand n00b shrinerist"

Glory Isolated DVD Score

First up, hoping this goes well... tried downloading and unpacking and no problems. Let me know if you have any.

Glory Isolated DVD Score by James Horner
    File Format: FLAC
    2 RAR-parts
    Size: 308.93 MB
    Password: hornerglory
    Link:
    Ask [Hidden link. Register to see links.] he steals everything anyway
    Tracklisting
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Calidoran; 12-18-2014 at 05:24 AM.

Interested in Beneath the Planet of the Apes in FLAC.

"grand n00b shrinerist"
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Jordan View Post

Are you sure this one has an isolated score? Doesn't mention it here:

Quote Originally Posted by saw76 View Post
    I had absolute NO IDEA of that ! Thanks for the update info !

[]

Are you sure this one has an isolated score? Doesn't mention it here:
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - Killers (The) AKA Ernest Hemingway's The Killers (1964)
    I'm sorry : I was pretty sure about that specific isolated score...

I believe I have mixed the info about the Siodmak version - that has music & effects track - up with the Siegel one...

What a depressing news...

great...!!!

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by tangotreats View Post
    []
    []

Soul Brother #2
    First up, hoping this goes well... tried downloading and unpacking and no problems. Let me know if you have any.

Glory Isolated DVD Score by James Horner
    File Format: FLAC
    Size: 308.93 MB
    Link: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]...
    Awesome, thank you so much! Everything downloaded just fine, enjoying now

I am interested in all the scores

Do you Have the Isolated Score of Bad Boys I ?

Many Thanks for the upcoming uploads

Welcome, Foolish Mortals... hack3rman's Avatar
    This looks like this will be a awesome thread!
    NO RE-UP'S! Hard drive crashed and lost all my files!

My Threads!

Grand Shriner
    I have a question on Glory. Is this a movie arranged score? Or is it the same as the commercial release, but with extra music not previously available?

Shriner
    Unfortunately, Legend - Tangerine Dream - Isolated DVD Score is not all there. Have been working on this one for a few years crawling over the net looking for bits and pieces. Notice the Isolated score stops at a certain point in the film. Opening scene (Forest) music plays into (Darkness lair) and fades into vocal humming, which could be sound design. This piece of music (sign design) is not included on Isolated score). I used vocal remove to acquire this sound. Also within the scene is a brief Unicorn cue, again not on isolated track, which I captured.

When Lily approaches house, enters looks around, this cue is not isolated. Again, I use vocal remove. Could go on like this. Some sections are isolated, others are not. I spent many hours going through disc working to locate and find cues. Another example, Jack shows Lily unicorns, cues here come and go. After Lily touches unicorn, Jack goes off. Lily follows, finds him and very nice cue kicks in, which is not isolated.

This is interesting, during Darkness and Lily scene (when Darkness comes through mirror), music on isolated score, is not the music if you play the disc without isolated score on. Very interesting here. It is after this sequence, there is no more isolated score as film continues with musical cues...

Grand Shriner
    Lossless, lossy... whatever. Can't wait to get those Herrmann and Goldsmith isolated...