Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [INFO] Up or Down? A File Host List

Quote Originally Posted by Calidoran View Post
    I have the same problem. All of a sudden Mega links doesn't work on my Chrome. I have to use IE. It all started after flash without asking permission decided to update the file pepflashplayer.dll
    Same, but I can't get to it on Firefox, but on IE it works :P
    No longer re-uploading old dead links usually (few exceptions).

Quote Originally Posted by bishtyboshty View Post
    Some hosters take a fake email address, like Depositfiles.

Others like Mega need a true email, as they send an email that you need to respond to...

I've just registered for Mega using a "Hide My Ass!" email address. Not totally untraceable, but perhaps the next best thing.

Yesterday they had an article on the News that people obsessed with anonymity are often paedophiles. I hope not everyone makes that kind of tabloid connection.
    U can use YOP mail. Disposable mail. U can still activated your account...

I always use it to create new VMware account.

Shriner
    I cannot get uploaded.net to work at all. It just says its preparing and never moves past it. Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by kristoffershane View Post
    I cannot get uploaded.net to work at all. It just says its preparing and never moves past it. Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas?
    I'm guessing you are trying to upload. Every hoster has off days. Maybe this is one of theirs.

Try a different host.

They are not a hoster that I ever consider using, as they impose a wait of 3 hours between downloads for FREE users, no matter how small the files are.
    Last edited by bishtyboshty; 08-10-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Shriner
    Actually no. I am trying to download. I hit the download and it says preparing and then nothing ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by kristoffershane View Post
    Actually no. I am trying to download. I hit the download and it says preparing and then nothing ever happens.
    Then it would help to know which particular link you are trying to access ?.

Mega stops for me. I'm stuck on 8%. I have restarted the browser a few times and my computer and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions? I don't want to download from another browser.

It stops for me too. I just stay on that page, until it fully goes to 100%, then it seems to work. Only sometimes.
    The Score
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

"grand n00b shrinerist"
    I only used mega in Chrome (which is my usual browser) but i got the same problem. Switching to IE 10 when downloading from mega actually works for me... weird

Banned
    Mega has been "spacing out" in the middle of large downloads in Chrome for me too recently. If I just let it sit, it eventually resumes and finishes.

Given how blazing the download speeds are, I probably still get the file faster from them than from anyone else.

Now that packupload is down, all my files are looking for another host.

Do you know and can recommend any filehoster besides mega?
    PUBLIC RE-UPLOADS WELCOME! · [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by sinus View Post
    Now that packupload is down, all my files are looking for another host.

Do you know and can recommend any filehoster besides mega?
    I mostly use Depositfiles.

Files are retained for 3 months after last access. You have to register, but you can use an avatar name. You have to use an email address, but it can be a made-up one (keep a note of the one you use though). There is no verification process.

Uploads are quite quick, at least they are for me. There is not a real file size problem. I think the individual limit is 5 Gb a file ?, but who needs that much anyway for a single file ?. And there doesn't seem to be a limit to the number of accounts you can set up. I've got 4 so far.

The only problem is when downloading, the bigger the file you download the longer you have to wait till you can download the next one. But this seems a small price to pay for knowing that your files are still going to be there for more than a couple of weeks. And generally the files I upload there are for others, so I don't usually need to download them myself.
    Last edited by bishtyboshty; 11-15-2013 at 05:19 AM.

3 months? I have some stuff in my catalogue that gets not requested that often to survive 3 month. why the heck did packupload have to shut down?

Survived the 『Hunt』 Leon Scott Kennedy's Avatar
    It seems PackUpload started to work again.
    “May the good blood guide your way.”

use Jdownloader for Mega and other hosters

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post
    It seems PackUpload started to work again.
    Just as I switched to MEGA ... ^^
    thanks for the info though!

It would appear Hotfile as gone the way of Megashare! shut down my Federal Court order.

Scott
    "While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." —Samuel Adams (1779)

The Resident Zombi AberZombi&Flesh's Avatar
    Hotfile has been shut down. FYI.

Banned
    Hotfile hasn't been "shut down" by court order or by anybody else's order. Hotfile closed of their own volition, presumably because they were sick and tired of the protracted legal battle. They reached a settlement with the MPAA ($80 million) but obviously they've used up all their fight and have therefore decided to hose every single byte of user's data - legal and illegal alike - and run away with whatever money remains in the bank. Megaupload was forced off their air suddenly and without warning. Hotfile's management made a conscious decision to do what they've done. If they were adamant about closing down, all they really had to do was a) prohibit any new uploads, b) prohibit public downloads, and c) announce that they would close, let's say 21 days from now, giving users time to download any of their own data that was important. But no, they legged it.

Regrettable, but not entirely surprising. I have sympathy for people who lost their data, but frankly anybody trusting important data to any cloud service - let alone one hosted and administered in the US and in the midst of a nasty court case to determine its future - without a backup plan of any kind was really asking for trouble.

RIP Hotfile, you will not be missed...

Banned
    Tango, the old timey hair is fine, but ya need to trim it into a goatee. I need more scruff on my men....and a man who replies to months old pms would be a bracing bit of change...

Thanks for the Hotfile info folks.

Packupload is down for 2 week already.

Banned
    Textbin is in the trash bin.

List updated.

Onion Kid
    Is Mega in its new form a lot better than alternatives?