Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [INFO] Up or Down? A File Host List

Shriner

Rapidshare Clamping Down - Grab What You Can

Most of you probably know but if you saw anything you liked with a rapidshare link and didn't get, best to move with haste.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Thanks for the heads up CONTE...despite the bad news.

Gamefront: Please read this it will save me some extra typing

As we all know it's getting more difficult to upload/download content these days.

Rapidshare is changing to a limited download scenario, Peeje is deleting content randomly for some unknown reason,

Mediafire who already has a limitation of 200MB per file, is now limiting the amount of downloads of split files.

Gamefront has been spotty at times but as of late seems to be working fairly good, that is if you live in a favored geographical location.

Please read this list to see if your country is included.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can I download Game Front files from any territory in the world?

A: Game Front file downloads are not supported in the following territories.

Argentina
    Mexico
    Chile
    Spain
    Thailand
    Poland
    Colombia
    Brazil
    France
    Venezuela
    Italy
    Peru
    Uruguay
    Malaysia
    Turkey
    Indonesia
    India
    Ecuador
    Costa Rica
    Honduras
    Hungary
    Philippines
    Portugal
    Romania
    Russian Federation
    Serbia
    Singapore
    Sweden
    Japan
    Indonesia
    Last edited by WildwoodPark; 11-18-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Banned

RapidShare to cap non-paying users at 1 GB outbound downloads per day starting Nov 27

On November 27, RapidShare will start putting a tight cap on outbound downloads for its free users. Paid members will still have 30 gigabytes in outbound downloads per day, but everybody else will be capped at one gigabyte. This will apply to public downloads, whereas direct Dropbox-style sharing between users won't be affected.
    Until it's clear how Mega will shake out, it looks like Peejeshare or Sendspace are the way to go.

UPDATE FROM PEEJESHARE MARCH 12, 2013:

We have some very exciting news for everyone today. After weeks of subpar performance across the peejeshare file sharing network, we have decided to completely revamp the system from scratch!

We are excited to announce the launch of our completely redesigned file sharing service dubbed FileWinds! We have opted to completely remove the file sharing service from the peeje website, as that just slows things down, and the messy vbulletin integration causes problems. The new file sharing service has these benefits:

Faster Downloads/Uploads
    New Improved File Manager
    Android+Windows App Comming Soon for Improved File Management!
    FTP Uploads/Downloads Comming Soon
    5 GB Max File Size!!!!
    Registered users get 5MBPs Uploads/Download
    100Gigs of Storage Space
    Donors Get UNLIMITED Storage Space
    No Waiting/ADF.ly redirects

Everything is overall 10X better than our previous system, all old links will continue to work! We are still in favor of a free ad-financed file sharing service, and as such we are giving registered users the world, however we want to give our users the ability to earn money by using our service, so anyone who downloads files you upload, and then upgrades to premium, you will get a whopping 50% of all sales for that user!

Please begin using the new system for all future uploads/downloads

The new URL for our FREE file sharing service is: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about this very exciting change!

--The Peejeshare Team

UPDATE: Despite what the Peejeshare homepage says, their new Filewinds file-sharing site would not recognize my Peejeshare login/password. I signed up again using the same info and it treated me as a new customer, completely ignoring the 100 files I have in my account with Peejeshare.
    Last edited by yepsa; 03-12-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Added PackUpload and Mega.co.nz (formerly Megaupload) to the active hosts list.

Mega. Co is all I have been using for the last month or so.

Survived the 『Hunt』 Leon Scott Kennedy's Avatar
    This is pretty old, now, but I'd like to point out something:
    Can I download Game Front files from any territory in the world?

A: Game Front file downloads are not supported in the following territories:

Italy
    That's a load of bull. Whoever wrote that list is mistaken, I've been using and downloading Game Front user-uploaded-files ever since its domain was "FileFront.com" (which dates back to more than 6 years ago, they changed domain around 2009-2010, if memory serves me right).

EDIT:
    Tried to get the Diablo 3 v1.07 Patch, no problems. File downloaded successfully, not as good as they claim at blocking out places, it seems.

EDIT #2:
    Back to the main matter: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] may be another good choice, I think. Thanks go to Nocturnal Risk for originally mentioning it to me.
    Last edited by Leon Scott Kennedy; 03-16-2013 at 07:33 AM.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | Discord: Cloud Strife#8440
    “May the good blood guide your way.”

Quote Originally Posted by WildwoodPark View Post
    Mega. Co is all I have been using for the last month or so.
    The service I've been using (Packupload) is having upload issues so I was, once again, thinking about going with Mega. The 1 thing I don't like is that they require downloaders to check a box saying they agree to Mega's "terms of service". Has anyone said they wouldn't download one of your files because of that??? Are there any concerns you have with Mega that you could share? THANKS!

Is A Man
    Has anyone said they wouldn't download one of your files because of that???
    If anybody refused to download something because they objected to ticking a box, I'd tell them to grow the f**k up and not give them a second thought... Mega is stupidly fast, very safe (your stuff stays forever provided it doesn't get DMCA'd), and very generous, even for free users.

My little personal opinion as downloader: for me Mega is a total crap. I have an old computer, and I use a fairly (but still usefull) old version of FF. I had to install the latest Chrome for just one (!) purpose: dl from Mega. Chrome overloads my (tiny ) RAM... and the speed of dl from Mega I have about 60-100kb/s... (BTW my normal speed dl is about 3MB/s ) Well... ghrrrrrrrrr.
    "All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die."
    'Blade Runner'

Quote Originally Posted by nikitos View Post
    My little personal opinion as downloader: for me Mega is a total crap. I have an old computer, and I use a fairly (but still usefull) old version of FF. I had to install the latest Chrome for just one (!) purpose: dl from Mega. Chrome overloads my (tiny ) RAM... and the speed of dl from Mega I have about 60-100kb/s... (BTW my normal speed dl is about 3MB/s ) Well... ghrrrrrrrrr.
    There's a Firefox Add-on which gets MEGA to work.. and it's offered by that very website.

Can't say anything about the download speeds, personally, sometimes I get 879kbp/s, others 300... I guess it's a matter of servers being busy.

Yepsa I have no concerns with Mega, the fact that being browser based when you upload something only you and you alone know what the full link is, I like that fact.

Of course when someone openly posts the entire link in plain sight, then it loses the anonymity.

I have very fast DL's and U/L's with Mega and I have dirt slow internet and as to Chrome it has been my browser of choice for quite some time.

Banned
    [I speak as a Chrome user. If you're using something other than Chrome, well, stop that.]

I brighten up when someone PMs me a Mega link [thanks again for the Blade Runner, Wildwood!] because I know I'll be getting the goods at top speed. Generally 2.2 MBps - which matches the maximum I've gotten from the most abundantly seeded torrents - and so probably my ISP's limit. Toss in no ads or captchas and it's the gold standard, consumer-wise.

Then again, so was Megaupload - before the Night of the Long Knives. So I feel safer with 12 Mirrorcreator links to small-fry services than with 1 link to a high-profile target like Mr. Dotcom. And I'm not comfortable giving them even a throwaway e-mail address - though I suppose the copyright goons wouldn't need one to hunt me down.

As for having to agree to their terms of service, if you're too scrupulous to lie about agreeing not to infringe copyright, you're too scrupulous to infringe copyright. And you should depart this board before we corrupt you with our bad example.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post
    There's a Firefox Add-on which gets MEGA to work.. and it's offered by that very website.
    Can you give me a link to this add?

Quote Originally Posted by nikitos View Post
    Can you give me a link to this add?

If you're using Windows, it should put the downloads in "C:\Users\*username*\Download". Otherwise, I suppose it will automatically pick what's the OS' default Download folder.

*Connection issues*

imega is another add-on for those only downloading ...
    PUBLIC RE-UPLOADS WELCOME! · [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post

If you're using Windows, it should put the downloads in "C:\Users\*username*\Download". Otherwise, I suppose it will automatically pick what's the OS' default Download folder.

Thanks, but...:

Niedostępny dla Firefox 3.6.18
    Not for mine old version FF.

FYI: Right now I prefer Zippyshare and Packuploader for mirrors because they are both great hosts.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is it any good?
    No longer re-uploading old dead links usually (few exceptions).

Quote Originally Posted by Lightdevil View Post
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] is it any good?
    My download speeds on that website are in the "679~819 kbps" range, so I'd say anonfiles is a decent choice. I'm not sure about the maximum filesize allowed on there, though... Seen archives of 390 MB stored.

Edit:
    Haha, didn't notice the bit of information below the upload box, stupid me.
    Last edited by Leon Scott Kennedy; 05-28-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Peeje some time back spun off their upload site to another site, FileWinds.com; fileWinds.com is down right now.

MediaFire is now requiring you to register in order to upload.

Just when you think you can finally upload that trailer music you've worked on for three days, things step right in the way.
    Super Karate Monkey Death Signature.

Zippyshare allows anonymous uploads (up to 200 Mb a file)
    Packupload allows anonymous uploads (up to 400 Mb a file), but may have an I.P. limit as for a few weeks my uploads freeze at around 17%.
    Depositfiles require registration, but will take a fictitious email address. They allow large files, but there are overall limits. I save that for large files.
    Solidfiles allows anonymous uploads, but are slow, and can arbitrarily fail.
    Sendspace allows anonymous uploads up to 300 Mb a file.

There are still options out there...

Is A Man
    Mediafire has requested you register to upload for almost two years now - and in any case, there's a simple solution. Register. It takes twenty seconds. It takes ten times longer than that to write a post about what a pain in the backside it is to have to register. Though Mediafire isn't the best choice as they restrict downloads to split and encrypted archives. They also actively (and automatically) scan what you upload against a database and prohibit anything that looks like it might be copyright infringement. If you're uploading something relatively unpopular it's still useful.

In any case, the Gold standard is now indisputably Mega.