Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silent Hill Downpour (Gamerip)

Shriner

Silent Hill Downpour (Gamerip)

Currently doing a game rip of Silent Hill Downpour. The music is very split up on the disk so it might take some time to find it all. This is being done by locating the music on the disk, converting it to XNA, then WAV, then MP3 so it's not in FLAC quality but still pretty good. This is a straight-up game-rip, so nothing has been retitled, changed, or labelled. And I should mention some of the file names spoil a few locations and bosses in the game. Be more coming soon, and be sure to post to give support as it keeps the topic bump'd.

Part 1: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Part 2: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Part 3: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Part 4: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Part 5: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

(part 6 coming soon if more audio is found)

Thanks for this; I hope the rest of the soundtrack's better than that Korn song
    The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh

Shriner
    It is. XD Part 2 now up!

Part 2: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Thanks! Unfortunately, it's not as good as Akira's work........If I heard right, there's a Chuck Berry song in there? I'll have to listen to it some more, but thus far it's disappointing. Hopefully it'll get better when you're able to finish it all . Thanks a million, I really appreciate it; much like others will!

Just a big thank you and bump !

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

just a huge thank you within an holy bump !

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

just a huge thank you within an holy bump !

Shriner
    And here's part 3.

Part 3: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Onion Kid
    Thanks for this! It is very appreciated.

I have to say even though it isn't as good as previous Silent Hill soundtracks, it's still a good soundtrack (Well except for the Korn song.) but I'm pretty darn pleased with how it sounds.

Onion Kid
    wow seriously why Love Psalm is in this Gamerip ??? it's Yamaoka song !!!

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by kamibozu View Post
    wow seriously why Love Psalm is in this Gamerip ??? it's Yamaoka song !!!
    There's three retro Silent Hill game songs that play on jukeboxes/radios in the game. One song from Silent Hill 1, one song from Silent Hill 2, one song from Silent Hill 3.

Shriner
    And here's Part 4. This is all the obvious music locations so far, but I know a few tracks are missing. It'll be interesting to get the rest of the music since there's so many folders to explore.

Part 4: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Thank you for doing this. I haven't listened to the other tracks, but I've been listening to the Credits01. I love it. Especially the "Close my eyes, I go to sleep, he's always there, I start to weep" part.

After listening to the soundtrack, I have one thing to say: BRING AKIRA YAMAOKA BACK!
    While I like Daniel Licht (he composed Dexter), he's not the right match for SH.
    As for the main theme by Jonathan Davis (Korn)... Ugh...
    So once more with feeling: BRING AKIRA YAMAOKA BACK!
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Shriner
    Thank you for the rip! I haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing yet; do you know if all the songs that play on the radios throughout the game are included?

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by sophialeigh View Post
    Thank you for the rip! I haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing yet; do you know if all the songs that play on the radios throughout the game are included?
    Not yet. Some of the music is in really hard to find locations and I actually have a theory the radio songs are somewhere in the voice files rather than the music files.

Onion Kid
    Thank you for the rip.I hope part 5 is coming soon^^

Thanks for redoing part 4 ... it the first link always died after a few seconds second works fine :3

korn sucks. But Daniel Licht is more than ok for this game

Shriner
    And here's Part 5. This includes all of the radio songs in the game.

Part 5: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

This is amazing. Thank you so much!

Thank you so much! I was surprised how much I enjoyed the official OST -- sans the lackluster Jon Davis song.. -- so I'm hoping that these tracks are just as pretty.

ETA: Is there any way of telling which parts of these songs come in sequence? Like how they're grouped -- Diner, Cave, Monastery, etc.? I don't have access to the game just yet and I'm kind of a douche stickler for such organisation.
    Better to be bound than free to feel pain.

thx

Thanks so much for ripping and sharing blackarms! and for hosting to mediafire :P such a good fast site

Lemme know if you'd like to write for it!

Onion Kid
    Thanks for the rip. As usual, the soundtrack is pretty bare compared to the rest of the music in the game. Thanks again!

Onion Kid
    Leagues better than Akira's work in Shattered Memories and Homecoming. I hope this guy stays on as the regular composer because he's fantastic. And LOL at the people who still yearn for Yamaoka. Silent Hill doesn't need him to have good and meaningful music, and Downpour shows this very well. He's not exactly the genius everybody overblows him to be since he regularly uses sampling in his work, and even he tried do different things with Silent Hill's music from game to game. A lot of his later tracks from Homecoming and Shattered Memories sound very different from the stuff he composed in earlier games. But for those interested he will be composing for Silent Hill: Revelation's score and it's confirmed the movie will have all new music and not just be reusing tracks from the games. So you at least have that to look forward to.