Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tron Legacy Special Edition Soundtrack (Daft Punk 2010) [FLAC + MP3]

are you sure this is the correct movie order (solar sailer is played only during the credits ? ? ?) , and this is very different of the credit of Tyler_dude

The Heart of a Tomboy TheDarkOfNight - D's Avatar
    The soundtrack order was different then how they had it in the movie. Solar Sailer's played after TRON Legacy (End Titles) during the credits, and Nocturne plays after Adagio, yeah.
    And no, Finale plays in two places, Sunrise Prelude plays when Sam and Quorra talk on the Solar Sailer. And if I'm not mistaken, Reflections played after Outlands - Part II, straight after Flynn and Quorra leave the safehouse.

Just guesses from remembering the movie's order, and most are how they were.

So, yeah. The order once again, in approximation.

1. The Grid
    2. The Son of Flynn
    3. ENCOM ~ Part I
    4. ENCOM ~ Part II
    (Not counting Journey's "Separate Ways" and Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams", yet they do play at this point in the list in Flynn's.)
    5. Recognizer
    6. Armory
    7. Arena
    8. Round One
    9. Rinzler
    10. The Game Has Changed
    11. Outlands
    12. Father and Son
    13. Adagio for TRON
    14. Nocturne
    15. Outlands ~ Part II
    16. Reflections
    17. End of Line
    18. Castor
    19. Derezzed
    20. Fall
    21. Sea of Simulation
    22. Sunrise Prelude
    23. Rectifier
    24. Disc Wars
    25. C.L.U.
    26. Arrival
    27. Flynn Lives
    28. Finale (This plays in two places, end of the film and during the credits.)
    (From here on, these played in the credits.)
    29. TRON Legacy (End Titles)
    30. Solar Sailer
    31. Finale (Again, this is a guess, but I'm pretty sure this played during the credits as well.)
    ~ Ichariba Ohana, Ichariba Ohana! ~

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOfNight - D View Post
    The soundtrack order was different then how they had it in the movie. Solar Sailer's played after TRON Legacy (End Titles) during the credits, and Nocturne plays after Adagio, yeah.
    And no, Finale plays in two places, Sunrise Prelude plays when Sam and Quorra talk on the Solar Sailer. And if I'm not mistaken, Reflections played after Outlands - Part II, straight after Flynn and Quorra leave the safehouse.
    Are you sure "Sunrise Prelude" was just playing when they Sam and Quorra were talking? I am pretty sure that it was also played when Sam was showing her the real world in the end. Could it have been used at both points? It would make sense, seeing as they were talking about seeing the sun, and they did in the end. I swear I heared a calming song at the end, nothing like the end of "Flynn Lives" or "Finale"- they're both too bold. Didn't "Finale" play when Sam talked to Alan at the end?

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Vogue88 View Post
    Are you sure "Sunrise Prelude" was just playing when they Sam and Quorra were talking? I am pretty sure that it was also played when Sam was showing her the real world in the end. Could it have been used at both points? It would make sense, seeing as they were talking about seeing the sun, and they did in the end. I swear I heared a calming song at the end, nothing like the end of "Flynn Lives" or "Finale"- they're both too bold. Didn't "Finale" play when Sam talked to Alan at the end?
    Very possibly. But I know that it was most certainly the last cue before the end credits (Sam and Quorra on the bike).

Shriner
    Yes, my recollection of Sunrise Prelude was it played when Sam & Quorra were riding on his motorbike at the end of the film.
    Hence this is why I had it as the last cue before the End Credits.

is it possible : sunrise prelude played at both place after sea of simulation and before tron legacy end theme ? (like the finale)

Just got back from watching the film (and my very first 3D film, no less) and I really liked it (although some ideas seemed to be pilfered from my own story about a dimensional being made of light and energy, but no matter). After seeing the mess that was getting all of the tracks around, I came here to get it sorted out, although it is to me a bit of a shame that there is no sort of definitive upload of all the music yet, and in the right order.

It actually really pisses me off when the OST has the music in non-chronological order. To me a Sountrack is meant to remind you of the film and, as such, take you on a journey of memory as you think of the events in the film, in the order they happened (since it's not like we're in a White Hole or anything). The music can be as powerful in the film itself when it's in the chronological order, almost like having a story read to you, only using music instead in conjunction with your own memory.

As for cues that play in multiple places in the (or a) film, to me you would have to decide on the location based on the importance of the scenes it was played in. In the case of Sunrise Prelude, I personally would put it at the end of the film, since it's part of the ending act of music that you won't want to have interrupted (it's like skipping the music if the Grey Havens and going straight to Into the West for a Return of the King Soundtrack, it just ruins the storytelling momentum of the music).

EDIT: Just realized, it's got the word Prelude in the title for a reason. D'oh. Back to the original placement.
    Who needs flashy tags and crappy animated gifs in their sig anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_dude View Post
    Yes, my recollection of Sunrise Prelude was it played when Sam & Quorra were riding on his motorbike at the end of the film.
    Hence this is why I had it as the last cue before the End Credits.
    It wasn't on your list.
    As for it being played at two places at once, I think it wasn't anymore. It was solar sailer that was played when talking about the sun while riding the solar sailer. I stayed until the very end both times I saw the film, and Solar Sailer wasn't played in the end (at least, I remember it wasn't)

I hope all of this doesn't sound rude, lol. I'm just determined to get this correct.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KBABZ View Post
    EDIT: Just realized, it's got the word Prelude in the title for a reason. D'oh. Back to the original placement.
    Yeah, but I think it's meant as a prelude to see what happens next. Seeing as Quorra was new to the real world. I stand by my choice, lol.
    It was Solar Sailer that was played when they were talking about the sun rising.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Either way, I'm going to see the film a third time, and this time, I'll record the audio with my iPod's microphone. Then I'll sort the score out in order.

As for any missing cues, I was reading an interview that was called "Daft Punk 5 Secrets Revealed" or something like that, and it said that only one cue didn't make it onto the soundtrack. I guess that sounds like we've got it all, except one track.

The missing track- I vividly remember- was played shortly before Sam battled Clu on the light cycles. It's when the fireworks are going off and jarvis is talking to the audience. I absolutely LOVED that song. It had a retro-game quality to it. It's SUCH A SHAME that Daft Punk and Disney didn't put it on the soundtrack at all.

Again, here's hoping for an Academy Promo!!

like this ?

Fall
    solar sailer
    sea of simulation
    rectifier
    flynn lives
    finale
    sunrise prelude
    tron legacy end theme
    finale

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

"I'll record the audio with my iPod's microphone."

very good idea ! not for create new tracks, but useful for etablish the tracklisting (for new tracks -> dvd/bluray rips are the best methods, or a complete score...)

Any info for "The Grid Part II"?
    medicine - is magic
    my wishlist: OST for TV Show "Lilyhammer" and "Boardwalk Empire" vols.3 and 4

yes, it's a preview queue from disney : go to youtube and search "tron legacy remix" (but it's the good place from the cue, just after "the grid")

password: iduck
    MP3 320

Filesonic
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Fileserve
    Unibytes
    Uploading

FLAC

Fileserve
    Filesonic
    Unibytes

Also need tron leacy enhancement track!!!

enhancement is not a track but a multimedai part (trailers,...)

Sure. There are two downloadable video tracks/

Quote Originally Posted by darth2602 View Post
    like this ?

Fall
    solar sailer
    sea of simulation
    rectifier
    flynn lives
    finale
    sunrise prelude
    tron legacy end theme
    finale

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

"I'll record the audio with my iPod's microphone."

very good idea ! not for create new tracks, but useful for etablish the tracklisting (for new tracks -> dvd/bluray rips are the best methods, or a complete score...)
    No, it's
    - Fall
    - Sea of Simulation
    - Solar Sailer
    - Rectifier
    - Finale

As for the microphone thing, yeah, it's gonna be for tracklisting purposes. And if the quality is good enough, then I'll maybe rip the missing track (!!!) It plays shortly before CLU and Sam fight, and Jarvis is giving the speech to the crowd. But for that, I might have to see it in IMAX again (or go to AMC theatres).

And in march'11 - there'll be DVD and BluRay releases - and, maybe, complete score as isolated-track on one of them. Who knows. BTW, our collection - is already 3CD Extended Score by 40 tracks! Outstanding!

ok solar sailer is not after (a part of) the end titles ?

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

with all usable available tracks, it's like this ?

01. overture (unused)
    02. The Grid (real overture)
    03. The Grid part II
    04. The Son of Flynn
    05. ENCOM ~ Part I
    06. ENCOM ~ Part II
    07. Journey's "Separate Ways" (source music)
    08. Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams" (source music)
    09. Recognizer
    10. Armory
    11. Arena
    12. Round One
    13. Rinzler
    14. The Game Has Changed
    15. Outlands
    16. Father and Son
    17. Adagio for TRON
    18. Nocturne
    19. Outlands ~ Part II
    20. Reflections
    21. End of Line
    22. Castor
    23. Derezzed
    24. Fall
    25. Sea of Simulation
    26. Solar sailer
    27. Rectifier
    28. Disc Wars
    29. C.L.U.
    30. Arrival
    31. Flynn Lives
    32. Sunrise Prelude
    33. TRON Legacy (End Titles)
    34. Finale
    35. Flynn remember (unused, trailer music)

- the finale is played 2 times yes or no ?
    - the finale is used in the movie, or, like the opeining not used ?

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Alan Bradley's message take place after Encom II

Three Headed Hell Hound Cerberus1925's Avatar
    I just want to say thanks to everyone for taking the time to figure this out, you guys have better memorization skills for placing cues than I do!! Vogue88, once you do your experiment let us know what your final confirmed lineup is!!

Shriner
    Still missing the music from the scene where they discover the re-purposed programs in the loading docks. Some of the best music, imo.

Grand Shriner
    My Brain is melting from an overload of Digital Epicness

actually i'm not sure for the good place of : reflexion, and solar sailer, solar sailer seem NOT be after "sea of simulation", maybe after the tron legacy End theme ?

reflexion is, i think, after sea of simulation, when clu is in the end of line club....

the grid II is mislabeled, it's an alternate mix of "the armory" and an unused track

Alan Bradley's Message is unused

Flynn Remembers is unused

The Heart of a Tomboy TheDarkOfNight - D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darth2602 View Post
    actually i'm not sure for the good place of : reflexion, and solar sailer, solar sailer seem NOT be after "sea of simulation", maybe after the tron legacy End theme ?

reflexion is, i think, after sea of simulation, when clu is in the end of line club....

the grid II is mislabeled, it's an alternate mix of "the armory" and an unused track

Alan Bradley's Message is unused

Flynn Remembers is unused
    He IS right there, Solar Sailer WASN'T used in the actual majority of the film, and wasn't used until after TRON Legacy (End Credits) in the credits. And to everyone who says Sunrise Prelude's at the end scene, listen closely. There's more development to the end scene's music which leans it towards Finale being used. Sunrise Prelude, on the other hand was one of the tracks used on the Solar Sailer, which were Sea of Simulation AND Sunrise Prelude. Closely listen to both scenes. There's more development in the end scene's music (Finale) than there was in Sam and Quorra's scene on the Solar Sailer (Sunrise Prelude). This also kinda confirms how similar the two sound.

Reflections though, was during the scene when Clu was in the safehouse, and that came after Outlands - Part II if I'm not mistaken.

Meanwhile, he is right that the other tracks weren't used, Flynn Remembers was just a simple test track in the past and Alan Bradley's Message if you will was only a Disney promotional mix of Outlands and Father and Son. And The Grid II isn't exactly a real track, it's a remix of Armory with a bit of a different scoreline later. Plus, even so, during the beginning of the movie, after The Grid, a song similar to Father and Son played when Sam and Kevin talked in Sam's youth.

Many thanks to you music fans for not only sharing the full extended soundtrack and the various on-line exclusive tracks, but for putting the songs in play order. I really wanted to do that. Like KBABZ, I really dislike it when a soundtrack is randomly thrown together for a CD release. Being a HUGE 80s soundtrack collector (you name the movie, I more than likely have the soundtrack for it, as long as it's not purely score. Only have a few of those for films I love the music from), I avidly extended those that I archive with every song I can find that is shown in the movie's credits and put them in play order. I also add in score tracks and missing uncredited songs as well. You can find a lot of my creations over on my close friends blog, The Inferno Music Vault (link provided below). As soon as I downloaded and checked out the various songs for TRON LEGACY, I knew right away that they were out of order and would need rearranging. So, it's great that some of you have gone to the trouble to do this. It was extremely stupid of Disney to not release the full 33 song soundtrack officially on CD (I'm not including the unused cues and remixes). They seem to delight in making fans shell out more money to complete it. Anyway, my thanks again. Much appreciated.
    Code:
    http://theinfernomusicvault.blogspot.com

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast