Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Transformers: Lighting Their Darkest Hour - Vince DiCola

Grand Shriner

Transformers: Lighting Their Darkest Hour - Vince DiCola

Ages ago I said I would upload these but for various reasons I hadn't yet. These CD's mean a lot to me and I wish that they were still available for people to buy as they really are great, particularly Artistic Transformations.

These CD's aren't ripped in FLAC but Apple Lossless (m4a), sorry but thats the format that is easiest for me to work with. You want something else, feel free to convert it :-)

By [Hidden link. Register to see links.] at 2011-07-29

Lighting Their Darkest Hour by Vince DiCola

As zips (use 7-Zip to unzip)

Spoiler!

Or alternatively as RAR's

Spoiler!

Unicron's Theme
    Main Title
    More Luck Than You Imagine
    Attack On the Shuttle
    Gone Fishin`
    Autobot/Decepticon Battle
    City Under Siege
    Showdown
    Death of Optimus Prime
    Witness to a Funeral
    Contest for Leadership
    Transformation
    Coronation
    Destruction of Moon Base One
    Destruction of Moon Base Two (I)
    Destruction of Moon Base Two (II)
    Escape
    Pursuit
    Arrival on Junk
    Unwelcome Visitors
    An Unexpected Friend
    The Matrix Survives
    Ambush
    Another Leader Dies
    Judgment/Rescue
    All Hope Is Lost
    Unusual Allies
    The Enemy Revealed
    Confrontation
    United Against the Enemy
    In the Belly of the Monster
    Their Darkest Hour

33 Tracks - 75:57 minutes
    kingofpain26, KevinG, and 3 others like this.

What did you use to compress the files for upload?

Grand Shriner
    BetterZip on the Mac. I told it to produce archives of 300MB's, I tested unzipping before uploading. Are you having problems?

It didnt recognize it when I downloaded it. I renamed it to .zip and Winrar said it was a bad archive.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

I think that Betterzip is Mac only. Do you think you could re-archive it in a .rar and re-post?

Grand Shriner
    Finished recompressing as RAR's, will be 80 minutes to upload.

Thanks bud

All the ZIPs opened fine on my end, via 7-Zip.

Thanks, by the way. I downloaded these quite a while ago in MP3 320kbps within a 4.5GB torrent with a bunch of other Transformers music (pre-RotF), but it's great to finally have them in a lossless form.

Grand Shriner
    Cool bdiddy1979 glad they opened for you.

Onion Kid
    This soundtrack basically defines my childhood.

Thanks again. I got it open with 7-zip.

Grand Shriner
    *chuckles* Typical just as I finish uploading the RAR version Glad you got it open in the end cdc01a.

Getter 1: Agreed, one of the first scores that I recorded of the tele so I could have it. I enjoyed the song album but was always miffed it was missing music I liked.

Thumbs up

I'll download again for good measure

Shriner
    Another good one that complements this one nicely is The Protoform Sessions, I love that one. It has some awesome stuff on it.

I have it uploaded to my DivShare page if anyone wants it; it's not in FLAC, though.

Thanks!

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Forceboat View Post
    Another good one that complements this one nicely is The Protoform Sessions, I love that one. It has some awesome stuff on it.

I have it uploaded to my DivShare page if anyone wants it; it's not in FLAC, though.
    Check my other thread, that has The Protoform Sessions in Apple Lossless which you could transcode to FLAC

octagonproplex: Pleasure

Shriner
    Just saw it, thanks!! It's a good one. I like Artistic Transformations okay, not my most favorite, but it's good. Vince DiCola's Transformers music is always good to me. Two other ones that have concert performances of a lot of the movie's cues are the 1997 "'Til All Are One" Album and the "Botcon '97 - The Concert" album, from the concert that Vince DiCola and Stan Bush did at BotCon '97. Those are good too.

Grand Shriner
    Don't think I've heard the Botcon '97 - The Concert album.

Am to understand correctly that this is the complete soundtrack exclusively released for a convention and unavailable otherwise? This is my husband's Holy Grail of movie soundtracks (once he finally tracked down Predator). Transformers is his entire childhood, and his love for it knows no bounds. Words cannot express my thanks for uploading it. D/ling it for him will definitely score me some big points in the "best wife ever" category!

Grand Shriner
    Yes it is the complete score & no it wasn't exclusive to the conventions (an earlier release was exclusive but that was missing the pieces of music on the official album release from the time).

It was sold for a time online back in 2001 (along with Artistic Transformations and The Protoform Sessions) by 3H Enterprises (later 3H Productions), which was the/some of the people behind Botcon, to give people who couldn't attend Botcon an opportunity to get a copy of the music.

Soul Brother #2
    i.e. if they don't keep re-releasing this score in some form or another, DiCola and his family go hungry

*rimshot*

//sarcasm
    If music be the food of love... Then Play On

Grand Shriner
    *chuckles* Mmm, to be fair LTDH or some form of it hasn't been re-released. Heck we only got 4 new tracks with the recent anniversary edition.

Soul Brother #2
    Yeah, absolutely! Twas just joking about DiCola's entire fame been based on this score (and maybe Rocky too)

But hey, I ain't busting... it's much more fame than me and my band have!

could there be a re-up of this?

I second the request. A re-up would be most appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

Dark Project Thief Abnormal Freak's Avatar
    Hey, so I'd like to have this in ALAC format but the links seem to be down. Please reupload? I'll love you forever. I wanna upgrade from my MP3s.

Actually, I'd love to buy the freaking album (how I found this page), but I don't think that'll ever happen. I have Protoform Sessions and Artistic Transformations at least; they might still be available on Vince's site.

If you have 'Til All Are One, I'd appreciate an Apple Lossless upload of that as well. I realize it's mostly the same content as on Lighting Their Darkest Hour, but it has other goodies too, and I'd just like to have the full album for "completion's sake."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast