Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean 4 -> What a shame

Hell at least LOTR got more tracks then this and Star Wars did too

It's disney, Tron Legacy's soundtrack was techno based and it made a shitload of money, i can see those dumb fucking disney execs hising daft punk for the next POTC movie, you laugh, but a small part of you is shitting yourself that at least 1 out of the 100's out there is actually considering it.
    "You're not afraid of the dark, are you?" - Richard B Riddick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jediknight12 View Post
    Hell at least LOTR got more tracks then this and Star Wars did too
    Yeah but let's get real. When has there ever been a decent OST release for any movie by Hans Zimmer?
    In search of: 2012, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Shawshank Redemption, Chronicles of Narnia. Nothing to trade for now.

Grand Shriner
    Yah so in other words, Zimmer is doing Part time duty on this while he has his Remote Control henchmen and guest stars Rod and Gab take over for him....

Grand Shriner
    Zimmer is actually really busy this year and next year with all of the movies he is signed on for

Grand Shriner
    true...but if the score for Kung Fu Panda winds up being 70 minutes of pure score, i'll be pretty sore about it....That's all I can say.

Grand Shriner
    After listening to the previews samples,i have no expectation on this anymore.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dimensioner View Post
    Yeah but let's get real. When has there ever been a decent OST release for any movie by Hans Zimmer?
    Black Hawk Down? Inception? Sherlock Holmes?

Quote Originally Posted by CJWilkie View Post
    Black Hawk Down? Inception? Sherlock Holmes?
    All the official OSTs sucked, and there are no true completes of those floating around. I have an industry friend with Inception sessions but they cant be shared.

>>>>>>>> 14. The Pirate That Should Not Be Remixed <<<<<<<<<
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    My music & soundtrack collection....still updating!!

"Music is both the cause and the effect of universal harmony" - Confucius

Grand Shriner
    Agree what Sanico said....Only thing Im looking forward to now is the DVD so i can at least rip the real end credits off it...Im still reeling from Zimmer's use of Danny Elfman score in Rango....

Shriner
    Well, I recently discovered Rodrigo y Gabriella and they are simply amazing. Now I don't know how their style of music will translate into a more cinematic feel, but I'm really looking forward about what they did in the movie. Zimmer seems very excited about his collaboration with them. But from all the samples, it seems to be a score below the level of At World's End which remain the best of the franchine IMHO to date.

Quote Originally Posted by 724921 View Post
    All the official OSTs sucked, and there are no true completes of those floating around. I have an industry friend with Inception sessions but they cant be shared.
    Ummmm....why not? And also how do you know how many cues are in "On Stranger Tides"? Why do people even have to announce this stuff? "Oh I know this guy"...or better yet: "Oh I know this guy who knows a guy...". "Yeah I've seen the complete score for this or that movie."

"I have this friend who has the complete score to the movie that everyone loves and desperately wants the complete score to..." it goes on and on. But it all ends the same way: "But he can't share it."

Disclaimer: This was not meant as a personal attack on you, 724921. I just wish the world was different.
    Spoiler!

Grand Shriner
    actually, from my experience with the samples, considering the Fountain of Youth does in root its mythology in Florida, and the spanish conquered Florida, it makes sense to have Spanish guitar in the score....But I agree GrizzlyMV i have no idea how this is going to translate cinematically. If you squint it almost sounds like Robert Rodriguez meets Hans Zimmer...

Captain Hailer TheSparktankô 2.1's Avatar
    Ew, i just hated it when they did that on the first movie soundtrack.............. >.>
    ʰᵃᶦᶫ ʰʸᵈʳᵃ

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by 724921 View Post
    No offense but I'm calling crap.
    My requests :
    Spider-Man 3 : True Complete
    Angels & Demons Recording Sessions
    Kick-Ass (Complete)
    Iron Man 2 Complete
    Hulk (Elfman) Complete

Quote Originally Posted by VenomShock View Post
    No offense but I'm calling crap.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo77 View Post

I hate this new one >_>

We were graced with a new one.

it's 'rofldata' now

Grand Shriner

I thank you for the heads up (x

highly unlikely but could there be a chance, since this version only has 15 tracks, and is slightly out of order: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I'd like to think that maybe this is another edition where we get more of the score, I doubt it, but it would make some sense why there'd be 2 versions o.O

Grand Shriner
    I'd like nothing more than to agree with you MasterZ....but I dunno....I doubt it, since we already have samples posted of the 18 tracks...

This is gonna be another Rango....all the Zimmer tracks are 2 minutes long, and the rest is filler....The good stuff gets left out, and we are at a loss yet again, having to depend on DVD rips....

Hey, for serious guys. I don't know why everyone ignores me but you should really check out what's in the spoiler in my previous post. It may not be Pirates music, but if you follow my works, you should be impressed. It just happens to be some music from a certain hotel fight scene from a certain movie that came out last year by a certain composer that we all know very well.

But seriously, everyone's opinions matter but let's not start a flame war or dumb argument.

Is Ready To Go 3D
    Ok here's the CD with the tracklist that's on this board

but here's another CD that not only has a different cover art but is more expensive

anyone know what's up with this? I might just preorder both of them to see if they're different in any way

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast