Page 11 of 343 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516172161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree11180Likes

Thread: the "Official" Star Trek thread

Quote Originally Posted by Williamtaylor1969 View Post
    If you have ever seen a real stalactite, they are thinner, and LONG, due to the dripping when formed. Plus, they are smooth, with the drips running toward the end or "head" of the stalactite, not with bumps and ridges like the one pictured.
    William
    It's ribbed for her enjoyment (I could'nt resist)!

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

I just bought this 45 single and I'll be ripping it and sharing it soon hopefully. People always say Shatner and Nimoy are both horrible singers -- this recording proves Grace Lee Whitney is on equal footing with them. It is absolutely howlingly bad! I cannot help but think of that scene in Boogie Nights in the recording studio when I listen to this track! Both hilarious and really sad. Here's a sample:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Counselor & Amanda's personal Admiral sorei's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by izbot View Post
    It's ribbed for her enjoyment (I could'nt resist)!
    well, that sounds very reasonable to me......... (irresistable)
    I (may) disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (E.B. Hall)
    You are only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it... (Robin Williams)
    Ever tried, ever failed, no matter. Try again, fail again, fail better.(Samuel Beckett)

Dead link? PM me please.
    nmr unless stated, so it is always thx to the original uploader!

Grand Shriner
    Aaaand this thread became very weeeeiiiiird... ummm... how about some TNG sound effects?

Wouldnt you say it was worth a man's soul? sadsack's Avatar
    William, I have a question (or correction) about the 1st page upload which has this: "Last Outpost_Justice & The Big Goodbye.MP3"
    The Big Goodbye segment (which begins about 46 min in) has a military marching band drummer and other music not suited to that episode. I suspect it's really for "Hide and Q" (which has a marching drummer).
    I also thought the uncut recordings sounded a bit better even with the hiss when compared to the over-cleaned up, edited versions (just my opinion).

If not Rand, are you this guy?

It's mislabeled. It is for Hide & Q, not the Big Goodbye.

Parmadil
    Quote Originally Posted by burnedout View Post
    William, I have a question (or correction) about the 1st page upload which has this: "Last Outpost_Justice & The Big Goodbye.MP3"
    The Big Goodbye segment (which begins about 46 min in) has a military marching band drummer and other music not suited to that episode. I suspect it's really for "Hide and Q" (which has a marching drummer).
    I also thought the uncut recordings sounded a bit better even with the hiss when compared to the over-cleaned up, edited versions (just my opinion).

I believe Janos Prohaska is deceased.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by burnedout View Post

Is that file still available?? I don't see it anywhere....unless I'm blind.

Thanks!

Master Special Effects artist Williamtaylor1969's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack371 View Post
    Is that file still available?? I don't see it anywhere....unless I'm blind.

Thanks!

Did you check the first page, where all the download links are?

William

I would like to ask if the two Spock V. Q posts from the first page are still around? Thanks!

Star Trek: The Spock vs. Q Collection
    Alien Voices (Leonard Nimoy and John de Lancie)

Parmadil
    Looks like that's a new pose with Leonard Nimoy...wonder where he got his TMP uniform.

I wish I had a pattern to make one! I love Kirk's admiral uniform!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Momaru View Post
    Looks like that's a new pose with Leonard Nimoy...wonder where he got his TMP uniform.
    It's not a photo.

Yeah, it looks like a really bad frankenstein photoshop job, then glossed over with filters to look like a painting.
    (the first Nimoy head is a little big, and the second one is a little small. Not sure about some of the shadows either. Nimoy's right arm in the second picture, it has an even gradient, when it should have a more uneven line as it wraps around the arm)

This time I'm sure,
    JonC

Yes, those are both from STTMP, originally, before somebody destroyed them!
    There is a very interesting story about Leonard, and those "images"! Apparently, Paramount was getting massive monies from selling Spock's image all over the place, in the mid-1970's, on lunch boxes, etc. with paintings and actual pictures of Kirk, Spock, and the whole crew. Well, Leonard was over in Europe, doing something, and he saw a giant billboard with three pictures of Spock, advertising a German beer. The first panel has a picture of Spock (Painting) with his ears drooping, the second panel has a beer bottle placed in front of Spock, his ears are not drooping, but not fully erect either. The third panel has the beer empty and Spock's ears are straight up! Leonard came home, contacted his attorney, and they sued the studio for the likeness of Leonard, without his permission. When STTMP came about, the lawsuit was still in full effect, and the studio was forced to settle the suit, or look for another actor to be Spock! Because of "Star Wars" success, Paramount was pushed to get STTMP into production, so they settled with Leonard for 5.2 million dollars, on top of the money he was given to play the role! Shatner was furious that Leonard was getting so much MORE than him! I think that Shatner should have also sued the studio for image likeness use, he could have gotten a settlement at once! Milk that sucker for all it was worth! You can Google "Spock Beer advertisment" to see the image. Speaking of using a different actor for Spock, can you believe that the studio was actually considering using Richard Burton to be Kirk for STTMP?? Amazing!

William

Shatner made out fine. His original contract gave him 5% of all Trek when he signed on in the 60's. (Of course he lost half of that in the divorce, but still.) None of the actors knew about this until, much, much later.
    JonC

Onion Kid
    OMG!!! STAR BEYOND TIME THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

As an aside, I have had some pm's requesting Trek 5, saying links are dead. I think they are still up but here is my link again, just in case:

Leonard Nimoy Presents Mr. Spock's Music From Outer Space
    Leonard Nimoy and The Charles Randolph Grean Sounde

Thanks for the share, Izbot. Is that from the CD or album?

William

Quote Originally Posted by babydoll View Post
    As an aside, I have had some pm's requesting Trek 5, saying links are dead. I think they are still up but here is my link again, just in case:

Thanks, Babydoll, for posting that extra link, just in case!

William

Er...it got deleted already...

Hey William --
    Awhile back you mentioned you had the background music from Roddenberry's Inside Star Trek. The vinyl single credits it to The Inside Star Trek Orchestra but I've also seen them called the Columbia Orchestra. Can you share this with us please?

I have re-re-re-upped ST 5. Pm me if it is needed.

Anybody able to upload the DS9 and Voyager soundtracks?
    Had the silly thing in reverse!