Page 14 of 156 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516171819202464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree4808Likes

Thread: THE OFFICIAL CUSTOM COVERS THREAD

Grand Shriner

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Made my first cover in 2000, so 12 years without a thx, working for guys like you and now that...think i will keep them to myself with MY errors, what a pleasure...

Whatever. Dakota said thanks. If custom covers were so important me, I'd say thanks. But I design my own covers which correspond to my own custom edits of scores. I'd say I don't feel like I'm getting the thanks I deserve for all my hard work but look at my threads and be the judge yourself. People say thanks for providing them with the link; they rarely tell me thanks for spending a year editing and perfecting that score.

I think you're overreacting just a small bit and should chill out. Things will work out.
    In search of: 2012, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Shawshank Redemption, Chronicles of Narnia. Nothing to trade for now.

Grand Shriner
    of course if YOU say so....

Grand Shriner
    Yeah exactly....I really don´t like the current album covers for both scores...The reason why I said DVD covers because the Bat symbol on the DVD covers are excellent...Nice and Big.....

@RDAF

There will always be nitpickers my friend, try not to let it get to you. I love your covers and I can see many improvements since you began making them.

Occasionally I make mistakes on my covers too but if someone nicely/tactfully points them out I have no problem correcting them.

I don't actually use covers for any of my stuff. Any art, booklets or scans that are in my dl'ed files are summarily deleted. I usually don't even look at them, and rarely read any of this thread. I only created it for artists to have a unified place to show off your works. Mods said it wouldn't last, but just lookit y'all. Makes me proud.

Quote Originally Posted by babydoll View Post
    I don't actually use covers for any of my stuff. Any art, booklets or scans that are in my dl'ed files are summarily deleted. I usually don't even look at them, and rarely read any of this thread. I only created it for artists to have a unified place to show off your works. Mods said it wouldn't last, but just lookit y'all. Makes me proud.
    Yeah some people just want the music and could care less about the scans or custom art. Different strokes and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoran View Post
    Yeah some people just want the music and could care less about the scans or custom art. Different strokes and all that.
    I can't live like that. I need album art for every single song in my iTunes library. OCD is a killer. I have my own custom covers I made for Metrotokyo's TRON: Legacy Blu-ray rip. Only problem is I don't know how to upload them and I gotta find the time. I have a feeling most people will like them, and I'm open to criticism. I made them all using posters

Alright, as promised - here is the start of my long awaited custom covers for Metrotokyo's TRON: Legacy Complete Blu-ray rip.
    Having a problem with Photobucket, so here's the link:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Unlike RDAF (he blew up on my yesterday), I am open to criticism and any comments. I have never done this before, so I tried my best. Although they are not that good, they are nothing compared to SnakesinPantaloons' covers (Sorry snakes!)

Grand Shriner
    I like it Dakota!! i like how you used daft punk's logo. I like the Lightcycle one the best. I did something similar with chemical brother's hanna cover i made...

Cool, glad you like them. There's more, but I'm tired. I've been wanting to use Daft Punk's insignia for the longest time and I was wondering why Disney didn't do that....it looks much better IMO. I like your Hannah cover. Their insignia is really cool....almost Arabian-like, if you know what I mean.

Ah...so your the guy who did the Super 8 cover. Your cover for The Losers is awesome

just the exact opposite of mine, lol... i'm a cover's freak actually, i love them with their covers in it that's why i do find time searching for it on the net (in fact i have lots of RDAF, Pagemaster covers to name a few in my files...) it's my sort of little fancy to covers that got me inspired to made my own covers (and have my own blog to share it) for stuffs that has no covers in it, don't like the original embedded in it or it happens to be a personal fave then most likely i will made one for myself, and share it to whoever may want and part of that is a huge thanks to all those who started this custom covers making affair)
    and as far as people liking my work or not, thanks to those who appreciate, and to those who does not it's okay too. In general, i believe it wouldn't hurt to say criticism in a sort of friendly way (or whatever that would mean)

again IMHO.

----

my latest covers for Virus Expanded [Soundtrack] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Constructive criticism. Every artist has to learn to accept it with grace. Not insults, but true critiquing...is a large part of the art world.

I do appreciate you guys' work, or I would not have gone to the trouble of making the thread and getting it stickied. So, never think that I don't aesthetically appreciate your works, cause I do.

Thanks, babydoll

We appreciate everything you do for us as well

constructive criticism...

is okay

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by DAKoftheOTA View Post
    Alright, as promised - here is the start of my long awaited custom covers for Metrotokyo's TRON: Legacy Complete Blu-ray rip.

Unlike RDAF (he blew up on my yesterday), I am open to criticism and any comments. I have never done this before, so I tried my best. Although they are not that good, they are nothing compared to SnakesinPantaloons' covers (Sorry snakes!)
    Kiddo, i'm used to criticism that's the point, BUT you're point was not on the choice of the font, the pics or anything, just the fact that i put Complete instead of expanded...and IT'S NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL so please enough with this...and spare me the little quote
    THX

Whatever you say, "kiddo". Now that I have shared my first covers, give me your honest opinion. I can handle criticism

Grand Shriner
    Whatever you say, "kiddo". Now that I have shared my first covers, give me your honest opinion. I can handle criticism
    let's do it...like me, in my first years of cover making, you made some easy-making-mistakes. nothing really important (like mistaking Complete or Expanded) but mistake that could ripped the eye.
    So
    First on your Sam's cover:
    NICE PIC....really... BUT, why the Music By Daft Punk is so small... and we can see the rectangular Tron title

Second on your Rinzler cover:
    well same mistake

Third on your legacy cover... nice one BTW
    we can see the rectangular "complete..." and the same with the daft punk logo

and fourth
    i surely not have make it like that but .. nothing to say it's a great cover

Actually, RDAF, many members here, myself included, get picky about things being described as complete etc. See the second link in Dimensioner's signature. It is just that these terms mean VERY precise things, and some of us decide to dl or not based on this description. So in an actual dl post, it is **very** important to some of us. Of course these covers are your own artwork, made in large part for yourself, so no, I would not say it was important in that way.

But say if I downloaded a specific set of "recording sessions", say. And I needed a cover to distinguish it specifically as being such, then I maybe would have to pass on those that were not labeled correctly. It would still be my own problem, I know. I am just saying there can be reasons, and a lot of members are very precise and ocd over these types of things.

Nice work DAKoftheOTA. I agree that the text was a bit too small on the top and bottom but those are the kind of things you get an eye for when you make covers for a while. Coming up with a good graphic composition and appropriate fonts & size are again the end result of lots of practice.

Actually, RDAF, many members here, myself included, get picky about things being described as complete etc. See the second link in Dimensioner's signature. It is just that these terms mean VERY precise things, and some of us decide to dl or not based on this description. So in an actual dl post, it is **very** important to some of us. Of course these covers are your own artwork, made in large part for yourself, so no, I would not say it was important in that way.

But say if I downloaded a specific set of "recording sessions", say. And I needed a cover to distinguish it specifically as being such, then I maybe would have to pass on those that were not labeled correctly. It would still be my own problem, I know. I am just saying there can be reasons, and a lot of members are very precise and ocd over these types of things.
    It really boils down to how anal-retentive you are. I am pretty OCD about all of my folders like DAKoftheOTA. They all have to have a small 300x300 folder pic, high or medium resolution covers, M3U file and nfo (info) file.

Grand Shriner

and you decide to download those upon the covers???? not me, i decide to D/L them upon the the terms of the titles... if covers included are wrong...i change them

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

so tired of this...leaving the thread, the forum and the film music.
    i began collecting LP in 1982, that time was blessed...now you are all acting like spoiled children.
    Film music is not interesting anymore (Remote "f" control music" in the first place...too old for this i Think)
    I leave you to your time.... ME? i'm joyfull... i get an expande version of Patrick Gowers score for Sherlock Holmes so ...

Quote Originally Posted by RDAF View Post
    let's do it...like me, in my first years of cover making, you made some easy-making-mistakes. nothing really important (like mistaking Complete or Expanded) but mistake that could ripped the eye.
    So
    First on your Sam's cover:
    NICE PIC....really... BUT, why the Music By Daft Punk is so small... and we can see the rectangular Tron title

Second on your Rinzler cover:
    well same mistake

Third on your legacy cover... nice one BTW
    we can see the rectangular "complete..." and the same with the daft punk logo

and fourth
    i surely not have make it like that but .. nothing to say it's a great cover
    Well glad you like them. But I made them in paint, it's the only way how. I did it the way I knew how to do it. I know you can see the rectangle, but.....is it noticeable on an iPod screen? I doubt it. I'm still working on them, I just though I'd give you guys an idea. And the font is so small because I simply copied and pasted it off of Metrotokyo's custom cover. It's what I had to work with. But maybe I can find the time to work on them some more over the weekend.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Precicesly. Like I said, OCD is a killer. It affects your life in ways you cannot imagine. Every little thing has to be perfect.

Grand Shriner
    Well glad you like them. But I made them in paint, it's the only way how. I did it the way I knew how to do it. I know you can see the rectangle, but.....is it noticeable on an iPod screen? I doubt it. I'm still working on them, I just though I'd give you guys an idea. And the font is so small because I simply copied and pasted it off of Metrotokyo's custom cover. It's what I had to work with. But maybe I can find the time to work on them some more over the weekend.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Use Photshoip really it changes my life!!!

Precicesly. Like I said, OCD is a killer. It affects your life in ways you cannot imagine. Every little thing has to be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by RDAF View Post
    Use Photshoip really it changes my life!!!
    I agree, my cousin burned a copy for me years ago...sure it's an older version (PS 6.0) but it works beautifully.

Dear Anon189, You're An Asshole. Hate, Me SnakesInPantaloons's Avatar
    My Reason For The Transformers Covers Is Bcuz I'm Looking For The Future.
    Scores On My Wish List :
    Transformers : Dark Of The Moon (Recording Sessions) By Steve Jablonsky
    Footloose (2011 Score) By Deborah Lurie
    Transformers : Revenge Of The Fallen (Complete Score) (No SFX) By Steve Jablonsky
    Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist (Score) By Mark Mothersbaugh

PM Me If You Have These.