Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NEW THREAD POLICY: all links must go in their own thread

Bartender to Iris & Panda burneggroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    I think your thread would be fine as it is, the new policy only really applies to music uploads.
    Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for the post. I was confused.
    burnie

All posts are for public interest purposes only. Commercial re-use is not authorized.

My Favorite Audios Checklist
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Interesting point. It has happened that there were multiple threads created on the same soundtrack.

I guess add in "search to see if a thread has already been created"?
    And if it is already created, add it as a mirror or if it's different quality, info, covers, etc, add to it?

Would a catch-all thread for unreleased cues be acceptable?

Wherein a sore recieves an official release, but it's missing some cues which were on the boot counterparts, and the proposed thread contained just the mssing cues, for various films?

"grand n00b shrinerist"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Yeah, you would have to make a new thread for each new upload. The new policy is for megathreads/collections threads and your thread would fall under a collections thread.

I'll move it too, as it's not vgm related.
    Ok, a question from me then. Never checked this one until it was too late. I started a thread where i offer my rips of isolated DVD/BluRay scores. For me, that would be inconvenient to start a thread for each and every album i was planning on sharing. If it's this forums rules that i do so, i will have to re-think my decision, but i think that my rips are just that, my rips, and will be unique (well, unique-ish) so they belong together. What gives?

As I see nothing horrible had happened because of the fact you'd started one thread or I am wrong? Tell me please if it had, because I'm new here and need to know what to do...

Can someone here send me a PM telling where I can make a request for a classical or soundtrack album?
    I am looking for some CD's but I don't know how to ask for it here.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Duque; 08-07-2013 at 09:53 AM.

I wish we could do this....

Is there a way that a user can click on my name and get a list of the Threads I started? Now that my weekly uploads each go to their own Thread, it would be very helpful for others who just wanted to see what other music I have shared. I know that users can view my posts, but that includes lots of comments, "likes," etc., that one must shuffle through to get to the music. Thanks!

yepsa, by viewing your profile we can see your latest posts, or latest started threads.

Quote Originally Posted by yepsa View Post
    Is there a way that a user can click on my name and get a list of the Threads I started? Now that my weekly uploads each go to their own Thread, it would be very helpful for others who just wanted to see what other music I have shared. I know that users can view my posts, but that includes lots of comments, "likes," etc., that one must shuffle through to get to the music. Thanks!
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

I don't just specialize in vinyl soundtracks, I have some mainstream stuff as well. If you're curious, shoot me a PM

So, in other words, exactly what I just said.....

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    yepsa, by viewing your profile we can see your latest posts, or latest started threads.
    Thanks, I see how that can be done now. I guess I was hoping the link to my Threads showed up in the little menu when my name was clicked, like it does for my Posts. I'm not sure people would know they'd find my Threads by visiting my Profile first, but at least it can be done!

Quote Originally Posted by yepsa View Post
    That's not possible to click your profile and see a list of all the threads you created, however there is one way to see all the started threads opened by you.

Go to Advanced Search and click Search Single Content Type. Where it says User Name enter the name of the member you want to search (eg. yepsa), and select "Find Threads Started By User".FInally click Search Now and a new page appears with all the threads opened by you.
    My music & soundtrack collection....still updating!!

"Music is both the cause and the effect of universal harmony" - Confucius

Banned
    sounds like the deal

Banned
    each soundtrack must have its own thread.
    Last edited by dfjdyjia; 04-23-2014 at 06:09 AM.

Onion Kid
    I don't have time to create a new thread for every new score I post...
    Last edited by vdxgzhen; 05-20-2014 at 06:25 AM.

Then....you don't have time to post.

Why write in a thread about a rule that you do not intend to follow the rule?

**silly onion kids**
    AberZombi&Flesh likes this.

According to the rules, yes.

There is no competition here ... The more links, the better it is for everyone ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345