Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: music that may NOT be posted for legal reasons

Ah, that's fine by me.
    This is my sessions Wishlist:

-Star Wars Prequels
    -The Lost World: Jurassic Park
    -Digimon: The Movie (Harpaz/Plessner)
    -Harry Potter sessions (Williams and Hooper)
    -African Cats (Hooper)

PLEASE SUPPORT COMPOSERS BY BUYING THE OFFICIAL OSTS.

Onion Kid
    too be utterly honest the main time I use the site is for the old classic game songs. To listen to game music that wasn't released on Cd and that I used to own. If video game Ost were released out int he states more often, id obviously go and buy them. Games liek Castlevania have tons of extra remake songs that are added specifically for soundtracks and OSt. Unfortunatly, so many of them are only in japan, and alot of them probably wont even work on my computer or cd player. So my options end up either getting a universal program for a cd player, and then shell out a few hundred dollars to buy and have a game sent over.. or I can come to a site like this, find the one or 6 songs I like, and download them that way.

Im also wondering why so many people are irritated that people go to this length to get game music. If im an artist, and I learn that my work has become popular enough to be found free online, id be proud of my work. Im like animal crossings Totakeke on this.. music is for everyone, and should always be just for everyone. This site is just like the Extension videos I find at youtube, it further promotes the game by showing off its musical score. sorry for the rant and my incredibly bad grammer and spelling issues..

Without FFShrine, the world will end (cries)

Hey, hate to be a stinker, but victory at sea [Hidden link. Register to see links.] was released by the Retarded Inhuman Assholes of America. If they find one violation, they might collapse the entire site, and I can't let that happen. This is the best.site.evar.
    Look!
    It's a flash animator!
    It's a VGM remixer!
    No, it's INSANE!

[url]http://recorderdude.newgrounds.com/

Shriner
    If you take a look at the stuff posted here, nearly ALL of the Links are copyright violations ... but seems the moderators didn't care. As it is now, this sticky is a joke

well if we want to download music from older or obscure games than i don't see a big problem with that because the developers don't own the licence anymore and sometimes you have no choice but to download from the Internet since the albums are either sold-out or so old that they discontinued them. But i do own 4 soundtracks i imported 2 of them from Japan and i always try to support the artists i download from here everyday and it's a wonderful place and i'm not about to let some greedy money grubbing corporation try to stop me! oh quick question are newer games like SMG 2 , little big planet , zelda etc. allowed on here? some games don't even have osts or are download osts like little big planet and modnation racers. Just my 2 cents

Dr. Death, The Forsaken Undead Deadagenor's Avatar
    I have found many listings that are Varese Sarabande releases, people really need to check before they post. Someone is going to end up biting the big one for downloading something that should not be here, and that is gonna cause the forum to be destroyed. Please be more careful people, unless you want this great place to be destroyed. Go here to check if what you want to upload is Varese Sarabande....[Hidden link. Register to see links.] Thank You!
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    As always, THANK YOU to my fellow contributers.

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    nothing released by the RIAA may be posted. this includes (among others) anything by Sony Music Entertainment, Warner Music Group, Universal Music Group, and EMI.
    Someone seems to have forgotten to tell this person that: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (he's posted a Simply Red album)
    enkffxisig-new-small

The rule, I believe, applies to mainstream music more than anything, or at least that's how I interpret it. Else we are all sharing illegal files (since the RIAA could cover pretty much any western game's music). Forum traffic would pretty much die as we go to alternate forums.

But that's just how I interpret the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    Someone seems to have forgotten to tell this person that: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (he's posted a Simply Red album)
    jessie is right, no one here gives a fuck or welcomes pop music. it's not like anything that's out is remotely better than anything by hisaishi or uematsu.

so whats the problem with this Varese Sarabande? almost everything posted here is copyright protected somehow. why bothering with that? i dont get it...

Because Varese Sarabande made a request to the forum owner that no one post their releases. So, in compliance with that request, the moderators have to remove links for VS releases when they are found. My suggestion to you Raziel, if you want something, and think it may be a VS release, go to [Hidden link. Register to see links.] and check. Most of the things posted on the forum nowadays though are things that are out of print and/or the publisher is no longer collecting royalties for (i.e. NES game soundtracks). Hope this answers your questions.

i know one thing on here that is definitely Varese Sarabande, if there are any links for the G.I Joe movie soundtracks, i advise the mods to remove it right away!! (The new G.I Joe movie, The Rise of Cobra) Oh, I almost forgot, absolutely under NO circumstances, is the game soundtrack for PSN game Shatter be posted on the forums. No exceptions! I know i'm sounding like a mod, but i'm just helping out

P.S Would you like me to make a thread about not posting V.S releases it seems like people keep posting them anyway

Myster, I have already made a thread about it. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] is my thread.

Hey I want you guys to take a look at this Yahoo article i found, they could be going after FF Shrine next![Hidden link. Register to see links.] This applies for illegal distribution of movies and TV shows, but it mentions sites like this that upload to file-sharing sites. I don't want anyone to freak out but just passing it along. I don't want this place to shut down! Best place for VGM

The Last Ninjawolf <^o^> Jessie's Avatar
    We don't allow the posting/streaming of movies or tv shows here, so this article doesn't apply to ffshrine.

I know we aren't allowed to post "mainstream" music, but is music that you buy at say wal-mart, those "nature" cd's,like from NatureQuest or Northsound, are those considered mainstream?

I don't know what they are, but they don't sound like mainstream music.

I wasn't sure if they were or not, so I thought better to ask and be told they aren't then post them first and find out they are considered mainstream and have to rip them down.

Onion Kid
    So... I know in EEUU you have the same problem with the legal music in DD.
    I know it, but here we have some better baddest, the "SGAE"...

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

So... I know in EEUU you have the same problem with the legal music in DD.
    I know it, but here we have some better baddest, the "SGAE"...

This may be a moot question but what if you posted something not available through a record label but owned by one? such as some of the complete or expanded scores fans have made... I always imagined if you owned the cd /film you could argue you were making a personal copy...

You can't post complete scores if they contain the music from the record label release. If you were to leave out the music contained on the soundtrack, then you could post it. But it wouldn't be a complete score then :P

Bakuretsu Hunter Chocolate Misu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllardyceFSM View Post
    Please STOP posting music licensed by FSM. You're going to kill the label and then we'll have nothing from them, and that would be an end to a VAST legacy of excellence in film music. Stop thinking of yourselves and think of the music and its future. And think of the people who put their hard work, passion, and expense into making the music legitimately available.
    I'm no one of importance here, but if I may, I would make a small suggestion for you. When you plead your cause, such as you did here, it would help immensely if you add some links or some real information on what FSM is. I had to look it up because I've never heard of the label before (it's not very easy to look up with google either when the majority of hits is for flying spaghetti monster or something). I've noticed a flurry of FSM people here today, and as far as I've seen only one person linked back to the FSM site. I'm just saying it would help if people knew exactly what you were talking about.

Perhaps you could link to the discography page or something? [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by phx-1d View Post
    If you take a look at the stuff posted here, nearly ALL of the Links are copyright violations ... but seems the moderators didn't care. As it is now, this sticky is a joke
    Nearly all? Show one which isn't??