Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: music that may NOT be posted for legal reasons

Sarah

music that may NOT be posted for legal reasons

right now it just includes music from two steps from hell but this may expand in the future.

please let me know if there are any two steps from hell links on the forums. thanks.

nothing released by the RIAA may be posted. this includes (among others) anything by Sony Music Entertainment, Warner Music Group, Universal Music Group, and EMI.

Edit: Music from the composer Clinton Shorter is not to be posted on the forums.

edit: nothing from the Varese Sarabande label can be posted. this includes a lot of film/tv soundtracks, so please double check.

edit: music from 2M1 Records and Howlin Wolf Records is also not allowed

edit: nothing from filmscoremonthly

edit: No AIRWOLF THEMES

edit: no bioshock/resident evil, this includes games.
    Last edited by Sarah; 10-22-2012 at 01:28 PM.

So, the server today wasn't reachable not for a simple technical reason ? :/

Grand Shriner
    I'm surprised this isn't stickied, but maybe that's to prevent everyone from freaking out.

stop PM for re-up, ask on board. Simon B's Avatar
    ok Sarah, i keep my eyes open,
    i try to help if i can of course!

Is that actually why the site went down? Or did I miss something?
    "There's lots of law these days, but not much justice. Celebrities murder their wives and go free. A mother kills her children, and the news people on TV say she's the victim and want you to send money to her lawyers. When everything's upside down like this, what fool just sits back and thinks justice will prevail?"
    -Dean Koontz

Sarah
    it was related to it but it wasn't the only reason. kind of complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    it was related to it but it wasn't the only reason. kind of complicated.
    What an assholes. Trying to bring a whole community down with lot's of people for only 2 working links...

dkj
    Quote Originally Posted by licenturion View Post
    What an assholes. Trying to bring a whole community down with lot's of people for only 2 working links...
    Sadly, that's the extent of their knowledge on how these things work.

Resident Tokusatsu Fanatic SeiShoujoLolita's Avatar
    That sounded so barbaric.

「天の道を往き、総てを司る男、天道 総司」||「神に代わって剣を振るう男、神代 剣」
    <「俺、参上! 俺は最初から最後までクライマックスだぜ!」/「僕に釣られてみる?」/「俺の強さに、お前が泣いた」/「答えは聞いてない」>

Prince of Tennis music uploader | .hack// music uploader | Kamen Rider music uploader
    [Loyal KAT-TUN follower]

Sometimes i just wish to be a mod of this place.

Administrator, I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this but I noticed many people have been looking for music from Pokemon Battle Revolution, of which you were able to find none.

I have found enough (all I think) necessary songs from the game, and see that it might be more useful to everyone if you could put them up on GH (as well as the fact I don't like to get tangled up in file upload sites) so that no one needs to look around anymore. I'll send the .zip to you if you wish; just let me know.

Shriner
    I love this site but i'm willing to bet that one day all the disgusting corporations who own all this music will come here and demand this place be shut down, for "legal reasons". All in all though, this site is by far the best place for music and I hope it never shuts down.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow2100 View Post
    I love this site but i'm willing to bet that one day all the disgusting corporations who own all this music will come here and demand this place be shut down, for "legal reasons". All in all though, this site is by far the best place for music and I hope it never shuts down.
    I am really afraid of that... Let's hope not /pray

Onion Kid
    Of course, they ARE perfectly entitled to request music be taken down. This is completely illegal. Now, of course, people can rationalise it to themselves-I know I only get music that I plan on buying when I actually have money, but you can't claim in any way that this is 'right'.

Music once was supposed to be for everyone's joy.
    Now it's only existing for creating profite for those people who have enough anyway. And anyone who doesn't accept this and "steals" music by downloading it turns into a bad person, a pirate...

The world turns into a worse place every day.
    Vlad Drakul and AgentGeorge like this.

Grand Shriner
    Hi my dear friends. This is really a great forum to get very good game and movie music with extreme rarities. But some posts are ded since a long time I think. I am still lookin for the promo scores of STUART LITTLE 3 and INSPECTOR GADGET 2. They were in this forum. Hope you or someone else can help me. thanks a lot my dear friends. keep well.

Wrong thread to post requests, "my dear friend". LURK MOAR NAO.

Quote Originally Posted by aryan jellyfish View Post
    right now it just includes music from two steps from hell but this may expand in the future.

please let me know if there are any two steps from hell links on the forums. thanks.
    Hello, I read your topic, I would like to known If I am doing wrong posting my cds that I like soo much, I only want to share my music that I like so everybody can have it too, I am not looking to have any profit only make other members happy, I own the cd's they are original not fakes. not bottlegs, I bought them, I didn't want to break any rule from here But I really want to know what to do, So I can't get in trouble.
    Mixmeister

What a horrible night to have a curse. Mr Muay Thai's Avatar

Lightbulb

You can share your stuff. Everyone else is doing it.

MC,Gamer,Student,日本がす& Arkhetype's Avatar
    There is no moral approach to music. Music is free to all. I do not feel right or wrong for doing it. Its everyones to enjoy. I buy cds all the time. Iam not going to pay some outrageous price for a cd with 18 songs and one is good. The real good music is not well known so its hard to find. If Borders in OH-10 sold Fat Jon/Nujabes cds then I would buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhetype View Post
    There is no moral approach to music. Music is free to all. I do not feel right or wrong for doing it. Its everyones to enjoy. I buy cds all the time. Iam not going to pay some outrageous price for a cd with 18 songs and one is good. The real good music is not well known so its hard to find. If Borders in OH-10 sold Fat Jon/Nujabes cds then I would buy them.
    I have same feelings about movies because I donīt really enjoy them..but I love music and I hate and loathe music thieves...and I happily pay 40 euros from a single cd.

Well this is technically illegal. SO we should respect the wishes of those who don't want their music or the companies that own the rights to them uploaded here. But really, it does have it's benefits to the artists and we hear music we otherwise would never of come across. I had no idea that some of the old Romance of the Three Kingdoms music was done by Yoko Kanno.

Thanks to the website of really come to appreciate Hans Zimmer and others artists like Hayato Matsuo, Michiru Yamane, Kenji Ito, and Go Shiina. I've even come to appreciate nameless artists that many companies haven't really given much credit to such as the artists behind the Bonk and Hyper Wars videogames. So these days I actually do hunt down and try to buy some of their Cd's and sample works. Though it sucks that most of the stuff here can't be found in 99% of the local stores.

Up until a few years ago, I had little interest in music and much less in the artists that created them. That changed as I started to look up and listen to much of the music on this site.

Yet these artists need to make a living, and illegal copies of music do hurt their sales and thus their livelihood, even if we intend to buy their Cd's... there is no guarantee we will later for whatever reason or excuse that may pop up. So by all means, whomever requests something removed, then we must comply for the welfare of this site, and out of respect for those who have invested time, skill, and money into creating these works.

One thing to note though, I don't believe this site to be a major cause loss of sales. Despite all the music here. Many of us do buy it, and when people present arguments telling us that the struggling music industry is failing because of pirates and websites like ours. They are being pretty narrow minded since they are actually in fault for their own shortcomings. If The market hadn't gotten so stale with repetitive mainstream music (Endorsing rap was like like endorsing plagiarism to a degree.) and their refusal to embrace MP3's and online marketing opened up all their pirating problems to begin with. Really, It's gotten to the point that mainsteam music hardly sounds all that different from the next 20 songs following in the same station and even into the next couple.

Grand Shriner
    I'm basically with V Guyver on this. Yes, this is technically illegal, but this is a very challenged market outside Japan. I try to buy my music; however, the prices are a bit higher than most, and there's also the whole issue of importing. I simply try to support whatever artists I can, though my finances are limiting in this regard. Still, I do own two soundtracks, with two more on the way, all thanks to this site.

Obsessive Hedonistic Archivist z0z0's Avatar
    As far as I'm concerned, when music is treated like nothing more than a product, it tarnishes the dignity of music in general. CDs, vinyl, DVDs, etc. are product; if you want to have the convenience of having an actual copy with artwork and all, then I understand shelling out money. However, I firmly believe the artists should get a much greater cut of the profit than they generally get. That's why I rarely feel bad downloading my music.

Funny thing is, I download loads of music, (nearly have 1 TB total, lol) but I also have loads of CDs (over 2,100), and I nearly break myself going to shows and such. I suppose any measure of guilt should depend on the person's level of fanaticism toward music in general. A lot of the stuff I download is OOP or more expensive than I can care to deal with, but I love having actual copies just as much as (sometimes much more than) I love having only MP3s. I'm pretty much just addicted to music, lol.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Help me get to 1,000 pts! Please???
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] : GH Main page
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] : GH Soundtracks page
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] : GH Manga page

J. Peterman
    In my opinion everybody is super sonic racing.

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast