Thread: JOHN WILLIAMS - HOOK COMPLETE SCORE 3 CD'S EDITION

Grand Shriner

JOHN WILLIAMS - HOOK COMPLETE SCORE 3 CD'S EDITION

HI FRIENDS

NOW I POST HOOK COMPLETE SCORE 3 CD'S EDITION

MUSIC BY JOHN WILLIAMS

TRACKLIST:

01.- Prologue (Trailer Music)
    02.- ''We Don't Wanna Grow Up'' (Title Card)
    03.- Banning Back Home
    04.- The Darling Household
    05.- Peter's Old Room
    06.- Grandma's Tale
    07.- Tucking In The Children - The Pocket Watch
    08.- The Dog Barks Hook
    09.- The Children Were Screaming - Hook's Back
    10.- Granny Wendy (Version I)
    11.- Granny Wendy (Version II)
    12.- Faerie Tales (Don't You KNow Who You Are)
    13.- The Appearance Of Tinker Bell - The Flight
    14.- Pirate Town - Blending In [March]
    15.- The Appearance Of Hook
    16.- A Shadow Of Peter Pan - He's Forgotten Everything - Three Days
    17.- From Mermaids To Lost Boys
    18.- Home Of The Lost Boys
    19.- Lost Boy Chase
    20.- There You Are Peter
    21.- Smee's Plan
    22.- Lessons [Run Home, Jack]
    23.- The Banquet
    24.- Never Feast
    25.- ''When You're Alone''
    26.- Is That A Clock?
    27.- Remembering Childhood
    28.- You Are The Pan
    29.- The Battle I
    30.- The Battle II
    31.- The Battle III
    32.- Hook's Gone
    33.- Farewell Neverland - Finale
    34.- End Credits
    35.- Neverland [That Place Between Sleep And Awake]
    36.- The Appearance Of Tinker Bell / The Flight (Alternate #1)
    37.- The Appearance Of Tinker Bell - The Flight (Alternate #2)
    38.- There You Are Peter (Aalternate)
    39.- The Banquet (Alternate)
    40.- Thematics #1
    41.- Remembering Childhood (Alternate)
    42.- The Appearance Of Peter Pan (Alternate)
    43.- Thematics #2
    44.- Exit Music
    45.- "Childhood"
    46.- Banning Back Home (W/Sound Effects)
    47.- Peter And Tink
    48.- The Battle I (Alternate)
    49.- Prologue Music (Alternate Cue # 1)
    50.- Prologue Music (Alternate Cue # 2)

TOTAL TIME: 3 HOURS 20 MINUTES

ENJOY IT

LINK:
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] Complete Score From The Recording Sessions.rar

This is the 3 cd version. There's another 4 cd version but includes cues with fx. Also, checking here in the forum, i've found another 4 cd version without fx. I don't know if both 4 cd version are the same.

ADD.- As i can see, this is a fan edit version. So, if anyone will report this to the moderator of this forum to delete, i won't be upset. Thanks.
    and aescalle like this.

Soul Brother #2
    Is this that sounds like a 17th generation cassette tape copy played under water set that's been around for years, or something better quality? Guess I'll dl and find out... thanks in advance!

p.s. I mean no offense at all btw, just wondering if this is FINALLY the real deal!
    If music be the food of love... Then Play On

Grand Shriner
    hi jmn77 well, to be honest i didn't hear this score in the 17th generation cassette tape copy played under water jeje like you say

i hear this score in good quality, my opinion is that this score has a good quality. Please let me know if the quality is just like you mention befores

thanks.

P.s. of course no offense

Soul Brother #2
    I'll be checking it out soon! There have been 3CD and 4CD versions around for years... a great deal of the "previously unreleased on the OST" material sounded pretty good, but some sounded down right warped and kinda bad... but don't get me wrong, I've listened to those versions often over the years because I believe this score is that great. Definitely one of John Williams great scores, truly! But all scores either soar or sink depending on the success of the film. Unfortunately the film sank, so the score has gotten no love but IMHO highly deserves a complete release!

Grand Shriner
    yes it's true i heard before the 4 cd version but this version included fx so added much music and much time the 4 cd version has a time nearly of 4 hours but is for this for many tracks with fx and many tracks has a bad quality. I hear this version that i posted and i really think that has a good quality, but you will check it and i hope has a good quality for you, and if not, please let me know.

Are you folks living under rocks? Hook is getting a complete release from La-La-Land, at the end of March.

LOL. I was wondering why nobody have said anything about the upcoming re-release.

Grand Shriner
    well it's only 140 minutes and it's an expanded version let's hope someday will have a complete release

This is the original post:

HOOK: EXPANDED ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK (2-CD SET)
    LLLCD 1211
    LIMITED EDITION OF 5000 UNITS
    RETAIL PRICE: $29.98

RE-ISSUE PRODUCED BY DIDIER C. DEUTSCH AND MARK G. WILDER
    MASTERED BY MARK G. WILDER AND MARIA TRIANA
    SUPERVISED AND APPROVED BY JOHN WILLIAMS
    LINER NOTES BY DANIEL SCHWEIGER
    ART DIRECTION BY JIM TITUS

La-La Land Records and Sony Music presents the world premiere release of the official remastered and expanded edition of renowned composer John Williams’s original score to the 1991 Tri-Star Pictures adventure/fantasy Steven Spielberg-directed epic, HOOK! Long considered one of the maestro’s best scores in collaboration with Mr. Spielberg, this masterwork is finally presented here in a worthy 2-CD release that contains more than 140 mins of music, including alternate and unused cues, greatly expanding the score’s original 1991 album assembly with more than 65 minutes of music previously unreleased. Amazing art design by Jim Titus and great, in-depth liners from film music writer Daniel Schweiger round out this amazing soundtrack experience that will have you never wanting to grow up!

This album assembly was supervised by John Williams . . .the completed project approved by both John Williams and Steven Spielberg.

We’ve been listening to this thing at La-La Land non-stop and are so excited to finally share it with all of you next Tuesday!

CD goes on sale TUESDAY, MARCH 27 at 1 pm pst at [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Additional Information:

Posted by "phbart"

Expanded "Hook" Will Not Be Complete (This is the Thread)

From Jwfan:

"13 March 2012, 9:55 pm
    An interview with album producer Didier C. Deutch reveals that La-La Land’s upcoming release of Hook will not be complete due to some cues being excluded at the request of John Williams. Here is an excerpt:

After numerous exchanges between his representatives and La-La Land, the release was endorsed by Williams.

The production cost was enormous, but fortunately Columbia came to the rescue. All I had to do was to go to the studio with my engineer, with all the elements in their place exactly as I designed the complete music of the film, from beginning to end. So we put on this double disc all we hear in the film, including pieces that have not been used. Meanwhile, John Williams, through his intermediaries, said he wanted to hear what we had done. He made a few suggestions. He asked that certain pieces that were repetitive be eliminated, and he excluded some pieces that didn’t fit with the rest of the score like Take Me out to the Ball Game. In short, he re-created the soundtrack as we hear it on this double disc. "

Freeloader Extraordinaire amh1219's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drhousetapachula View Post
    well it's only 140 minutes and it's an expanded version let's hope someday will have a complete release
    Have a look at this thread, particularly posts 76-78. This probably isn't a complete score release, but we won't know for sure for another week yet. In any case, La-La Land just doesn't use the word "complete" in its releases anymore.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by drhousetapachula View Post
    Yes but it's an expanded release that Williams actually gave his own input on what cues should be included. And that's something considering that Williams never cared to be involved on this process of special editions to his own scores.
    And since it is John Williams himself that didn't want some music to be included, i accept his wishes, because it is his music after all and he's much more sensitive to his work than anyone else.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    My music & soundtrack collection....still updating!!

"Music is both the cause and the effect of universal harmony" - Confucius

Grand Shriner
    totally agree with you sanico

what i am saying is that i hope a complete score, but like you say, is william's music, and the expanded score will be amazing

Soul Brother #2
    Quote Originally Posted by tangotreats View Post
    Are you folks living under rocks?Hook is getting a complete release from La-La-Land, at the end of March.
    Not living under a rock, no, but I merely have many interests and a very busy life... Though it was quite thoughtful of you to clarify for others that I had, in fact, NOT been aware of this upcoming LLL release. Brilliant deduction Sherlock.

Personally I thought it was already quite apparent within my posts themselves, but hey, I understand. Sometimes Mama can't fight the urge to feed them baby birds!

Grand Shriner
    As far as I know the missing 10 minutes is alternate and unused.

Guess we'll find out in a few days!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    I personally suspect this will be another of those "as it was intended" albums
    You mean like Aliens, how there's the Horner version and then the Cameron version?

Making the world a better place...for Mankind... docrate1's Avatar
    Psst...Amamda...

Caps Lock...

"And exactly how many times did he fall out the window ?"

I just listen to this and this is the best it's sound way better than the concord bootleg

Quote Originally Posted by jmn77 View Post
    Not living under a rock, no, but I merely have many interests and a very busy life... Though it was quite thoughtful of you to clarify for others that I had, in fact, NOT been aware of this upcoming LLL release. Brilliant deduction Sherlock.

Personally I thought it was already quite apparent within my posts themselves, but hey, I understand. Sometimes Mama can't fight the urge to feed them baby birds!
    I don't know why you have to respond with such aggression. It surprised me that a gentleman on a film music discussion board, talking about "Hook" (one of his favourite scores) may have been aware of the news that said score will receive a full release in just a few days; given that this release has been spectacularly big news since it was announced more than a month ago. I intended a good-natured light mock; and you have interpreted it as an attack. As so many people on the internet are inclined to do; assume the worst, live on permanent defense alert, and respond with anger and sarcasm, where humility and friendship would be more appropriate.

Grand Shriner
    If this is, indeed, clean sounding Recording sessions, than this really should be taken down before LLL pulls it. LLL is a company that's doing us a HUGE favor by working for YEARS...YEARS...to provide to us the BEST hook experience possible and YOU are doing THEM a disservice by, days before, posting this. Everyone who's downloaded this should see this as a reason why they should BUY the LLL set and SUPPORT the people who are working their ASSES off to give us what we want! They only reason these would exist is BECAUSE OF LLL! THEY DIGITIZED THEM

Don't be ungrateful FUCKS. If you're gonna download this, then make sure you BUY LLL's set because it WILL be more phenomenal than anything before it. The Liner notes alone will be a massive learning experience.

I for one think it's UTTERLY disgraceful that someone would even THINK of posting this just mere DAYS before the set is up for sale.

That's REALLY shitty.
    and like this.

Goodmusician ..... I dont think anyone is ungrateful .... i for one will be buying the 2 cd set , and dowNloading this as its more complete ..... and stop SWEARING .

Grand Shriner
    Some people are totally uneducated when it comes to knowing actual recording sessions and fan made boots. I hate to burst the bubble of the original poster but this is a FAN MADE boot. "The Battle Part 1" is actually "Tink Grows Up" from the Concorde set, just slightly more cleaned up. "The Battle Part 2" is the first unreleased portion of "The Ultimate War" that was ripped from the rear channels off the DVD set. This is not.. I repeat NOT the actual recording sessions. A lot of people tend to label fan made sets as actual sessions when they clearly are not.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodMusician View Post
    If this is, indeed, clean sounding Recording sessions, than this really should be taken down before LLL pulls it. LLL is a company that's doing us a HUGE favor by working for YEARS...YEARS...to provide to us the BEST hook experience possible and YOU are doing THEM a disservice by, days before, posting this. Everyone who's downloaded this should see this as a reason why they should BUY the LLL set and SUPPORT the people who are working their ASSES off to give us what we want! They only reason these would exist is BECAUSE OF LLL! THEY DIGITIZED THEM

Don't be ungrateful FUCKS. If you're gonna download this, then make sure you BUY LLL's set because it WILL be more phenomenal than anything before it. The Liner notes alone will be a massive learning experience.

I for one think it's UTTERLY disgraceful that someone would even THINK of posting this just mere DAYS before the set is up for sale.

That's REALLY shitty.
    You are presuming that anyone who downloads this will not purchase the new LLL release. I do not think this upload will affect the sales of the LLL release, as it IS different. And you are certainly welcome to your thoughts and opinion, but you could dispense with calling us "ungrateful f****", and could express yourself in a more civil manner. And that's not too much to ask, is it?

i bet goodmusician has still downloaded it though!!!

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast