Thread: Isolated scores

Your creators want you back anonymous189's Avatar
    My next album - The Hunchback of Notre Dame [Isolated Score] -
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Complete score wishlist -
    - Les Miserables 2012
    - Transformers: Age of Extinction
    - Man of Steel
    - Disney Classic Movies (EXCEPT - Mulan, Beauty and The Beast, The Little Mermaid, Frozen, & The Lion King)
    - The Emperor's New Groove (Promo, Not Complete)
    - Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous189 View Post
    My edit - The Hunchback of Notre Dame [Isolated Score] -
    If it's your edit then it's not really an isolated score.

Umm, did you hear the sample?

Umm, did you hear the sample?
    No, but my post has nothing to do with how it sounds. "Isolated Score" is something very specific, it is not a rip of any kind.

Okay, Bishtyboshty, let me set an example here. I take my time to work on my albums. i.e. - Ferris Bueller's Day Off. That has been sitting on my shelf for years and now, i finally decide to share my work.

Another user who takes his time and effort into his things is EmpireSB. He's doing a magnificent job with Beauty and the Beast. Everybody needs to learn that a lot of these DVD's with/without isolated scores take time to rip. The one's without take a LOT of time to edit to get something every close to an isolated score.

So basically, You're just throwing stuff in my face here. That's all I'm going to post on here.

Okay, Bishtyboshty, let me set an example here. I take my time to work on my albums. i.e. - Ferris Bueller's Day Off. That has been sitting on my shelf for years and now, i finally decide to share my work.

Another user who takes his time and effort into his things is EmpireSB. He's doing a magnificent job with Beauty and the Beast. Everybody needs to learn that a lot of these DVD's with/without isolated scores take time to rip. The one's without take a LOT of time to edit to get something every close to an isolated score.

So basically, You're just throwing stuff in my face here. That's all I'm going to post on here.
    Look, I've no argument against you sharing your rip's; only against your calling them Isolated Scores. They are not, and neither are they FYC releases. They are rips.

Alternatively there is no point in calling the thread "Isolated Scores" as there would be no difference between them and anything else.

It's not a question of effort made.

"grand n00b shrinerist"
    As bishty says, isolated score is something very specific - namely when a laser disc, DVD or BluRay (or what have you) has the music as a separate audio track on the disc. Read my first post - "this thread will only be about isolated scores and not rips of the front or rear or any channels with sfx and/or speech. Those are NOT isolated scores but "simply" something where someone has tried isolating the music from the speech and SFX"
    I'm not in anyway degrading anyone's work as i KNOW how time consuming one of those rips can be. I have been in the process of doing two myself and they never seem to be done. Anyway, this was a thread i started for those interested in my isolated scores (which in themselves consumes a lot of time), so i would appreciate it if all of you kept your work or links to your work in your own threads, or at least ask me if it's ok to post about those in my thread, ok?
    With that said, i will try to get another upload running later tonight...

"grand n00b shrinerist"

You've got Mail isolated DVD score

And now for something completely different... After two isolated scores that are very good, but perhaps not so easy to listen to for some - a walk down the lighter side of music. The isolated score (together with some shorter versions of songs and some source music) from "You've got mail" by George Fenton.

Tracklisting:
    Spoiler!

¤ - Marks score parts not on official release. On the other hand, much of what IS present on the official release is differently mixed here, so as always, if you want something "complete" - make sure you get both the soundtrack and the score album. Check them out here:

I have removed the links because "the company that cannot be mentioned and that i will not support anymore" is on the no-no list. Message me and i will try to send it back through message. Requests for links in this thread will be ignored.
    Last edited by Calidoran; 06-25-2014 at 02:09 PM.

"grand n00b shrinerist"

The X-Files - I want to Believe isolated BluRay score

Here's an isolated score i didn't even know i had. I wanted the first X-Files movie on BluRay (Fight the Future, which in my opinion is a better movie) and when i found it at the store for a reasonable price, i bought it. When the weekend came and i was about to watch it, i discovered that i had bought this one instead... and then disappointment set in Anyway, someone here at these forums asked for the isolated score to this one. As far as i knew, my version of it didn't have one. It didn't say so on the back cover at least. However, i decided to put the disc in the player to check what extras it had and what do you know... it HAD an isolated score and now i present it to you.

This was a weird isolated score. It was and it wasn't isolated. It clearly said in the disc menu that it was isolated, but it turned out it had small SFX here and there. Mostly footsteps and such and i have tried removing them as best i could, but they are present on some occasions.

Enjoy, Like and Boost

Tracklist:
    Spoiler!

File Info:

Password: snowfiles

Part 1:
    Size: 176.43 MB
    Link: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Part 2:
    Size: 173.44 MB
    Last edited by Calidoran; 06-28-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Grand Shriner
    can you make an isolated score from csi miami???

"grand n00b shrinerist"
    Quote Originally Posted by Recording View Post
    Read my first post on what an isolated score is. *I* don't make isolated scores, it's the publishers of the Laser Disc/DVD/BluRay that do. I'm assuming you mean a rip of front and/or rear channels, but that's not an isolated score. Even if i could make a rip like that, it wouldn't belong in this thread. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Recording View Post
    I don't think he can, but that raises an interesting question : I never heard of a DVD or BR of a TV Show with an isolated score, does anybody know if that exists ?

"grand n00b shrinerist"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogus123 View Post
    I don't think he can, but that raises an interesting question : I never heard of a DVD or BR of a TV Show with an isolated score, does anybody know if that exists ?
    I have two, actually: Space 1999 and Red Dwarf. Both will be uploaded and presented here, but i'm not giving any promises as to when...

Come to think of it, i believe Caprica also has isolated scores. And of course the Twilight Zone from the 50s and 60s.

Plus the Thriller box set from the 60's.
    Calidoran likes this.

"grand n00b shrinerist"
    Quote Originally Posted by bishtyboshty View Post
    Plus the Thriller box set from the 60's.
    Well, i'll be... 38 episodes with isolated scores and a lot of them by Goldsmith

Using the link given by foxtown and narrowing the search down with the "television" and "isolated score" keys, the results are : Space 1999 and some BBC documentaries only...

Thanks for "You've Got Mail" & "X-Files" Cal!

"grand n00b shrinerist"

The Mummy isolated DVD score

Yet another isolated score by Goldsmith - The Mummy. A lot of isolated scores by him out there actually... This one was a bit more tricky to rip. The isolated score itself was not in the movie, but it started to play when you entered one of the submenus for one of the extras on the DVD (can't remember which one now). One of the better isolated i have by Goldsmith though, so highly recommended Enjoy, Like and Boost my rep...

Tracklisting:
    Spoiler!

Info:

CD1
    Size: 236.60 MB
    Password: GoldenMum

CD2
    Size: 244.35 MB
    Password: GoldenMum
    Last edited by Calidoran; 06-28-2013 at 08:39 AM.

You forgot to mention the title of the movie

I guess it's "The Mummy".

"grand n00b shrinerist"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogus123 View Post
    You forgot to mention the title of the movie

I guess it's "The Mummy".
    So i did :-O give me a sec...

Thanks a lot for Mummy, Calidoran.

"grand n00b shrinerist"

Contact isolated BluRay score

Yet another great score: Contact by Alan Silvestri. I've added 2 extra tracks compared to the isolated score (which includes source music) and that is the first and the last file. I borrowed the idea from another rip of this so i take no credit for them. They're called Soundwaves Through Time, and those of you that have seen the film, know what i mean with that title. The first track is in stereo and the last is in surround for those of you that can enjoy that. It gives it another dimension i think Enjoy, Like and Boost my rep, please.

Tracklisting:
    Spoiler!

File info:
    2 parts
    Size: 190.73 MB
    Password: AlanCon
    Code:
    http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/97473791/file.html
    http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/89352480/file.html
    Last edited by Calidoran; 11-05-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Wow, you are just doing incredible work here! Keep it up!!!

Thanks for Contact!!!

Future Game Music Composer Music_Lord's Avatar
    Thanks for Horner's Glory!