Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Inception (2CD Expanded Score)

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
    Great stuff. Will you post a MP3 version of that FLAC that is coming? And a bit off topic, a long, loooooooooong while back you posted something about doing a Transformers or Revenge of The Fallen expanded score. Is that still in your plans? Thanks so much.
    Theres no point in posting a FLAC and MP3 rip when you can download the FLAC and convert it to whatever format you want. People always seem to want different bitrates (even though VBR-0 is the best), so I just post FLAC and let the users convert those to whatever format they desire.

As for Transformers, yes, thats still on the cards

Grand Shriner
    Pretty Good!! I was hoping for more tracks than just this, but I LOVE INCEPTION!! This is GREAT!! Good goin!!

How did you get the album cues to sound better than pre-existing elements? In all versions I've listened to none of them sounded as crisp and clear as these tracks. Also, kinda wondering how you managed to get a clean rip of some previously unreleased music (for example, the track Inception where they are setting up on the plane)?

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by codyap09 View Post
    How did you get the album cues to sound better than pre-existing elements?
    And thats just the MP3 version! The audio CDs I bought sound much better

The Wicked Takehiro has done something marvelous here. Don't know how, but this is really an expanded version of the score.

If Taky took requests, I'd ask for just THE SCORE of the film THE RECKONING by Mark Mancina & Adrian Lee which has never seen the light of day- nor does it seem likely it ever will. Have no idea why these people compose this music, know that there is a market it for it, people who want it, yet don't bother to make it available. Or in the case of Inception, offer only a truncated version on a commercial level (I mean for cryin' out loud, why not include the end credits which incorporated music not heard in the film proper, but no, Zimmer fails to bother).

Never the less, I appreciate Takehiro's effort here... as much as his effort in bringing the high quality version of Yared's Troy to this board.

No complaints. Just applause, with loudness.

(password: Horner)

Grand Shriner
    Thank you kindly. But all I did was upload it! I do take requests, yes, but I have such a backlog of my own projects and other requests that it may take some time.

Do you mind if its a DVD rip (if it boils down to that)?

Unfortunately we cant blame the composers. Its often studio heads who dont think theres a market for this kind of thing or union fees make them too expensive to release (Bird on a Wire being an example).

BTW, do join my group to keep abreast of my latest exclusives!

You have a group? Are there t-shirts and secret handshakes?

Hey, I don't care how you do it: I want the lovely music from The Reckoning. I'll send you a box of albino gerbils in return.

But yes, it is often the studios that shoot themselves in the foot. An insider informed me of this long ago, working on a restoration of score and knowing full well the studios just don't care or bother when it comes to this music. Of course Warner Bros. wanted Yared's music killed and buried; especially after the composer expressed public outrage (and rightly so) when he became the scapegoat for a dreadful film.

I use to think that bootlegs were terrible things... that was until I realized they were a form of archival music... and in the case of Blade Runner something which happened the moment that nut case Vangelis refused to release the score in a fit of pique due to his ego and Ridley Scott's ego.

Takehiro, you are my hero. (pun intended).

Grand Shriner
    It warms my heart when I hear such lovely comments. From one Midwesterner to another, I thank you!

OH! Well then. Change that gift from gerbils to a good cheese!

Once you've released the exclusives, we'll be there for it.

Off-topic: Thanks for releasing the 2-disc recording sessions of The Black Knight (FLAC). Good thing that I had to use Vegas Pro and convert the FLAC files into mp3.

Grand Shriner
    Or you can just use FLACs frontend or, my personal fave, dBpowerAmp.

Phideas - cheese is goooooood!

I have absolutely no doubts about any of the methods. Thanks Takeshiro!!!

Quote Originally Posted by codyap09 View Post
    Also, kinda wondering how you managed to get a clean rip of some previously unreleased music (for example, the track Inception where they are setting up on the plane)?
    The track titled "Inception" is just the end credits. That music also happens to be used in the scene you're referring to.

To me, the only thing of notice about this score is that the tracks are arranged that so they all have clean intros; no track cuts off as another starts. Other than that, as said before, there is nothing in this score that was not previously available besides the suite (which almost sounds like a cheap synth remix). I hope you didn't personally create this score, Takehiro--the tracks are more out of order than they were before. It all just makes me wonder who did produce this, and why it couldn't have contained at the very least film versions of "The Dream is Collapsing," "Don't Think About Elephants," and "Waiting for a Train". (That list is also out of chronological order.)
    In search of: 2012, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Shawshank Redemption, Chronicles of Narnia. Nothing to trade for now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dimensioner View Post
    The track titled "Inception" is just the end credits. That music also happens to be used in the scene you're referring to.

To me, the only thing of notice about this score is that the tracks are arranged that so they all have clean intros; no track cuts off as another starts. Other than that, as said before, there is nothing in this score that was not previously available besides the suite (which almost sounds like a cheap synth remix). I hope you didn't personally create this score, Takehiro--the tracks are more out of order than they were before. It all just makes me wonder who did produce this, and why it couldn't have contained at the very least film versions of "The Dream is Collapsing," "Don't Think About Elephants," and "Waiting for a Train". (That list is also out of chronological order.)
    Ahh, I never really stayed for the credits. My bad. LOL.

Also, Inception definitely seems to be the year's most frustrating score. There's bound to be a complete release floating around. Just gotta be patient and maybe it'll turn up like the expanded Dark Knight.

Grand Shriner
    No one has proof that the complete sessions from TDK exist yet. All currently 2CD versions are not complete.

I'll be posting a remastered Inception in a few weeks, as my original post said Keep watching.

Sweet thanks for this... although i'm pretty sure that the "suite" is the "London Music Works & Steve Mazzaro" available on iTunes. Not really sure whats new here? Although I'm always happy to see more Inception, its one of my fav scores

Anyone been able to get "Dark Mal" ripped from the iPhone/iPad edition of Inception yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Takehiro View Post
    No one has proof that the complete sessions from TDK exist yet. All currently 2CD versions are not complete.

I'll be posting a remastered Inception in a few weeks, as my original post said Keep watching.
    Most of the music in the Dark Knight all pretty much sounded the same to me as the album kept going along (pretty much how it sounded in the movie) so what you've provided is plenty. It is more expanded than has been released previously so it's all good. I will say it's definitely not an album you can listen to while driving. Too many moments of quiet ambient music, short-lived action music, and a little thematic material and that's about it.

Grand Shriner
    I'll be putting the iPad tracks on my new edition

I'll be putting the iPad tracks on my new edition
    the ones streamed from the app?!
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner
    Yeah All being well, of course. Its sometimes hard to extract information from a dream (app) :P

Yeah All being well, of course. Its sometimes hard to extract information from a dream (app) :P
    PLEASE can you just upload those right now?

Grand Shriner
    Sorry, still working on them!

Do you have these additional bonus tracks or not because you also posted in the other thread ([Hidden link. Register to see links.]) saying you could help someone extract these files which leads me to believe you may not actually have them yet.

Grand Shriner
    I'm just offering to help someone out.

Oh OK but if you have them already then you would know how to extract them or you could just tell them to wait for your expanded score.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast