Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Flash Gordon Complete Score and Soundtrack

  1. #1
    Soul Brother #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    752

    Flash Gordon Complete Score and Soundtrack

    Here is Howard Blake's highly under-appreciated (and somewhat sparingly used) score to the 1980 cult-classic, Flash Gordon.

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    01. The Hero (00:42)
    02. Opening Scenes / Killer Storm / Plane Crash (07:15)
    03. Rocket Fight (01:33)
    04. Arrival / Mongo Greeting / Palace Entry / The Court of Ming (04:00)
    05. Barin and The Hawkmen (03:16)
    06. The Princess / Dale's Seduction / Football Fight (02:15)
    07. Bell and Coffin / Zarkov / Rocket Ship Flight (03:21)
    08. Flight to Arboria / Harem (02:08)
    09. Telepathy / Dale's Drug (02:08)
    10. Arboria (00:53)
    11. Dale's Fight (01:34)
    12. Zarkov and Dale Escape (01:26)
    13. Torture / The Swamp (02:12)
    14. The City of The Hawkmen (01:02)
    15. Tree Stump Duel / Beast in The Swamp (06:01)
    16. Romantic Reunion (00:30)
    17. Duel on The Sky Platform (07:50)
    18. Firefight / Finale / The Death of Ming and Flash's Victory (02:42)

    Here also is the soundtrack and additional score for Flash Gordon, provided by Queen

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    01. Flash's Theme (03:30)
    02. In The Space Capsule (The Love Theme) (02:43)
    03. Ming's Theme (In The Court of Ming The Merciless) (02:41)
    04. The Ring (Hypnotic Seduction of Dale) (00:58)
    05. Football Fight (01:29)
    06. In The Death Cell (Love Theme Reprise) (02:26)
    07. Execution of Flash (01:06)
    08. The Kiss (Aura Resurrects Flash) (01:46)
    09. Arboria (Planet of The Tree Men) (01:42)
    10. Escape From The Swamp (01:44)
    11. Flash to The Rescue (02:45)
    12. Vultan's Theme (Attack of The Hawkmen) (01:12)
    13. Battle Theme (02:19)
    14. The Wedding March (00:56)
    15. Marriage of Dale and Ming (02:05)
    16. Crash Dive on Mingo City (01:01)
    17. Flash's Theme Reprise (Victory Celebration) (01:24)
    18. The Hero (03:36)


    EDIT: mp3 Versions...
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    Enjoy!
    If music be the food of love... Then Play On

  2. #2
    Re-Animator Herbert West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Miskatonic University
    Posts
    314
    Great post - love Blake's score!
    "I was busy pushing bodies around as you well know and what would a note say, Dan? "Cat dead, details later"?" - Herbert West

  3. #3
    RayKay
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    856
    Double thank you!!!

  4. #4
    Grand Shriner benuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On Earth
    Posts
    540
    Great, thank you...

  5. #5
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    134
    Have you all seen my post of the mashup custom score I made combining these two into one album?

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  6. #6
    Specfuckintacular dspani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Netherworld
    Posts
    525
    Thank You!!!

  7. #7
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    160
    Thanks a bunch.

  8. #8
    Grand Shriner T-Mann036's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Elsewhere, USA
    Posts
    1,747
    Quote Originally Posted by jmn77 View Post
    Here is Howard Blake's highly under-appreciated (and somewhat sparingly used) score to the 1980 cult-classic, Flash Gordon.

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    01. The Hero (00:42)
    02. Opening Scenes / Killer Storm / Plane Crash (07:15)
    03. Rocket Fight (01:33)
    04. Arrival / Mongo Greeting / Palace Entry / The Court of Ming (04:00)
    05. Barin and The Hawkmen (03:16)
    06. The Princess / Dale's Seduction / Football Fight (02:15)
    07. Bell and Coffin / Zarkov / Rocket Ship Flight (03:21)
    08. Flight to Arboria / Harem (02:08)
    09. Telepathy / Dale's Drug (02:08)
    10. Arboria (00:53)
    11. Dale's Fight (01:34)
    12. Zarkov and Dale Escape (01:26)
    13. Torture / The Swamp (02:12)
    14. The City of The Hawkmen (01:02)
    15. Tree Stump Duel / Beast in The Swamp (06:01)
    16. Romantic Reunion (00:30)
    17. Duel on The Sky Platform (07:50)
    18. Firefight / Finale / The Death of Ming and Flash's Victory (02:42)

    Here also is the soundtrack and additional score for Flash Gordon, provided by Queen

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    01. Flash's Theme (03:30)
    02. In The Space Capsule (The Love Theme) (02:43)
    03. Ming's Theme (In The Court of Ming The Merciless) (02:41)
    04. The Ring (Hypnotic Seduction of Dale) (00:58)
    05. Football Fight (01:29)
    06. In The Death Cell (Love Theme Reprise) (02:26)
    07. Execution of Flash (01:06)
    08. The Kiss (Aura Resurrects Flash) (01:46)
    09. Arboria (Planet of The Tree Men) (01:42)
    10. Escape From The Swamp (01:44)
    11. Flash to The Rescue (02:45)
    12. Vultan's Theme (Attack of The Hawkmen) (01:12)
    13. Battle Theme (02:19)
    14. The Wedding March (00:56)
    15. Marriage of Dale and Ming (02:05)
    16. Crash Dive on Mingo City (01:01)
    17. Flash's Theme Reprise (Victory Celebration) (01:24)
    18. The Hero (03:36)

    Enjoy!

    Thanks.... but do you have it in mp3 format? My comp cannot handle your usual format.

  9. #9
    Soul Brother #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    752
    Sure, I can do that I'll try to get that up soon.

    Glad some others are enjoying this! I love this score a lot, but usually feel alone in that regard!

  10. #10
    Shriner Klonoa79H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    55
    chronological order of music?

  11. #11
    Soul Brother #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    752
    Meaning the order of the score AND Queen songs combined? I'd have to watch the film again (been a few) to be 100% correct. Something I may not have the time for in the next week or so. I'm certain it can be found somewhere on this thing called the net. Besides a fair amount of both the score and soundtrack are vastly edited or unused in the film itself. I'll see what I can do

  12. #12
    Soul Brother #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    752
    By request, here are both albums in mp3 format... enjoy!

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  13. #13
    Grand Shriner T-Mann036's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Elsewhere, USA
    Posts
    1,747
    Quote Originally Posted by jmn77 View Post
    By request, here are both albums in mp3 format... enjoy!

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]


    Thanks buddy... you are a life saver!

  14. #14
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    221
    Thanks for the share and that it was in Apple Lossless format.

  15. #15
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    134
    Check my link above. I placed the music from both the score and songs into a "mashup" of chronological order. 10 tracks of the score and song suites.

  16. #16
    Soul Brother #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    752
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonoa79H View Post
    chronological order of music?
    Quote Originally Posted by JCAfterDark View Post
    Check my link above. I placed the music from both the score and songs into a "mashup" of chronological order. 10 tracks of the score and song suites.
    And there ya go!

  17. #17
    Grand Shriner radionaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    I is right here!
    Posts
    624
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

  18. #18
    Grand Shriner Cornelius&Zira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In the Forbidden Zone
    Posts
    455
    Thank You. Amazing One.
    "The Only Good Human, Is a Dead Human!!!..."

  19. #19
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    137
    Was there ever any release that had Queens music without voice/sound effect sound clips?

  20. #20
    Soul Brother #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    752
    Nope.

  21. #21
    Red Banana blonde180246's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hobbittown, England
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicsJoe View Post
    Was there ever any release that had Queens music without voice/sound effect sound clips?
    I'm working on it but it hasn't been easy ... it been the hardest f***ing thing I've done. 8 attempts, 2 DVDs, 1 Blu Ray and the 2 albums to work with and I'm close to just throwing the towel in and releasing it as it is

  22. #22
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    19
    Thank you...

  23. #23
    Grand Shriner Boris31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    410

    Thumbs up

    Many Thanks !!! I remember seeing 'Flash' as a 'sneak peek' after a showing of 'Airplane' and the early cut had less of the Queen music (somehow the movie seemed less campy).

    BTW__It's funny that Lucas originally wanted to make a Flash Gordon movie (but the rights were not available), and ended up creating his own characters.
    Ah.. the strange turns of film history...........

  24. #24
    Grand Shriner samy013's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks upload.

  25. #25
    Grand Shriner mirren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    724
    Nice upload. Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •