Page 59 of 278 FirstFirst ... 9495354555657585960616263646569109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 6936
Like Tree4687Likes

Thread: Doctor Who - A collection of all the soundtracks

Does anyone happen to know where to find a "high/descent" resolution front cover of the series 5 Soundtrack?

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Onion Kid
    Thank you!!! Somebody else agrees wiith me!

Why do you all insist on megaupload? It should be renamed Megaslow or Megauseless!!!

For example, just downloaded an 30mb album - on megaupload it will take 3 days with PREMIUM account, on hotfile 3 mins WITHOUT premium account

Go figure...

Uhm... Not to bug you, but it works perfectly fine, as I downloaded the DW album in less than 20 minutes. I guess your timezone is the actual responsible, as most of the people downloading from the site do it at the same time as you.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by dekamaster2 View Post
    No, the file is still on MegaUpload, but right now, MegaUpload download speed is very very slow (and I mean SLOW!)
    Thank you!!! Somebody else agrees wiith me!

Why do you all insist on megaupload? It should be renamed Megaslow or Megauseless!!!

For example, just downloaded an 30mb album - on megaupload it will take 3 days with PREMIUM account, on hotfile 3 mins WITHOUT premium account

Go figure...

I dont insist on anything I use whats available , megaupload has been working ok for me so far, and if you dont send them any money to use the service they provide you have no right to complain.
    Goldsmith Rules!! Whovian Extraordinaire!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Night Terror View Post

Wow, that's... a very nice resolution, thanks a lot!

Formerly SpikeRevell The Doctor's Avatar
    For anyone who wants to order the album right now, American based Who NA has it [Hidden link. Register to see links.] and is shipping it. Believe it or not, it's actually cheaper for me to keep my Amazon UK pre-order, otherwise I'd order it from them this evening.
    In my hands, I hold the ashes. In my veins, black pitch runs.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeRevell View Post
    For anyone who wants to order the album right now, American based Who NA has it [Hidden link. Register to see links.] and is shipping it. Believe it or not, it's actually cheaper for me to keep my Amazon UK pre-order, otherwise I'd order it from them this evening.
    Same here 16 bucks and some change from amazon UK , Ill wait a few more days

If I were more impatient I'd order it via Who NA, but maintaining my Amazon pre-order means I'll have the spare scratch to purchase the Two Steps From Hell digital album on Amazon US (that's a project well worth supporting, I reckon. I'd love to get more movie trailer music albums.)

Hi folks,
    Been thinking about the glitches on "I Am The Doctor" - I concur with previous posters who have suggested that audio is missing, but it's a little more complicated than that. It's like somebody hit "mute" for a second or two, because the RHYTHM is uninterrupted; so it is not a skip or a jump, and so the track time is accurate. What appears to have happened is this: At 3:51, they intended to mix into another cue to finish off the piece, but accidentally muted the first second or two; meaning that the first cue finishes clean and then we hard cut into the second one.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I fixed it properly. Since the piece is quite repetitive, I "found" the missing music (only one bar) in a repeat and grafted it seamlessly into place. To my ears, anyway, it sounds excellent.

I've kept the original tags so you can drop this straight into the folder, or onto your iPod or whatever. Obviously the sound quality is degraded *slightly* as it is now on its third encoding (once by iTunes to M4A, once by the uploader to MP3, and once by me to MP3 after editing) - but it is perfectly servicable and will do nicely for now.

I really hope to bloody hell that this isn't on the master, but to be honest, I can't see anything in the production chain that could've caused this - this is not a ripping error or a conversion error. This is a foul up in the mastering studio. Assuming they sent the masters straight to iTunes, and pressed the CD from the same master... well, there is going to be a great number of spectacularly fucked off people sending back the album!

Anyway, this is all theory and conjecture - we'll know when the disc turns up. If Silva have any decency, they'll recall it and repress it if these issues are present. (Bear in mind that when I bought Lesbian Vampire Killers from Silva, and found that it had been mastered from 128kbps MP3, I complained and received an apology from the marketing director, and then later on the mastering engineer himself at the recording studio - and an offer for a free copy of an album of my choice. Nice customer service, and a refreshing change from the arsehole attitude of Varese Sarabande (who cares? only pirates with spectral scanners notice this kind of thing!). Obviously I didn't get the answer I was hoping for - "Sorry, we screwed up; we're recalling the album and repressing it from a fresh master." but it was a result.

Have fun
    TT

Good job, very nicely done! Thank you!

Onion Kid
    Aye, very much appreciated!

Thanks, Tango. That's brilliant. If this is a mastering issue -- which I suspect is the case as well -- will you be willing to do a lossless fix as well?

I'll certainly be sending Silva a complaint if this ends up being a mastering issue that's on the disc. The Doctor Who CDs have always had slightly shady mastering issues, but they were kept to a minimum and were minor enough that they could be overlooked. This, however, would be an inexcusable foul up. The least they could do is sort out the master and release a fixed digital version.

Of course.

A bloke on Gallifrey Base has received his pre-order disc from Silva Screen. The I Am the Doctor error is in the master.

I'll be lodging a complaint with Silva Screen after my disc arrives.

Onion Kid
    Mine came today too. It is indeed there on the physical disc.

It really beggars belief that no one caught this before the disc was pressed. There are a number of minor mastering problems I've let slide over the last 5 years, but this is a doozy. What the hell was the engineer up to when he was putting this together, and why wasn't he paying attention when he played it back?

I really ought not be quite so angry over this, but it's managed to get right under my skin. I'm actually disgusted. That never happens, I'm generally far too mellow to be disgusted.

Great fix tango and its too bad its on the physical disc , we should bomb bard them with emails, but I doubt they will recall the lot and if they did look how its taking Doug Fake to get the SpaceCamp cd fixed.
    I guess I can make a cdr with the fixed track but we shouldnt have to do that.

A download only fix is a good idea .

I tend to back up my CDs onto my PC and iPod and stick them on a shelf. I very rarely listen to a physical disc (I don't even have a stand alone CD player anymore) which means I'll be able to easily substitute Tango's lossless version of I Am the Doctor for the one I get off the disc, but that's not really the point. It's the principal of the thing. As you said, trekker, we ought not have to hunt down a fixed version in the digital realm.

This is going to annoy me all night.

What puzzles me is that I Am The Doctor is possibly the biggest track on album and they've missed a cut like this on it. Surely if you have a track as popular as this on an album, you check over and over that it's satisfactory. I probably wouldn't mind this if it were on one of the less known tracks, but to let this happen to I Am The Doctor is just simply shocking. I expect a hell load of complaints!

That's actually what surprises me most about this particular cock up: it's on what has got to be considered one of the featured tracks, one of the selling points. If it were tucked away on some other track -- maybe one of the cute tracks from The Lodger -- then I could possibly just about understand how it was missed. The fact that it happens on I Am the Doctor -- the motif that Murray has described as being his favorite out of all the pieces he's written for the Doctor's character -- is shocking.

Shriner
    I am just astonished. Having now had a chance to listen to the album, the mistake was worse than I imagined. It's not a subtle mistake, it's horribly jarring to listen to, and as others have pointed out, it's in one of THE tracks on the album. That they could so completely miss it is extraordinary. Still, one good thing about the early leak - I've cancelled my pre-order of the CD and am waiting until I hear what is happening to address the problem.

For the love of God, LAZY BASTARDS! Absolutely priceless. The Who albums are Silva's BIGGEST SELLERS. You would think somebody would actually play the disc back before sending it off to be duplicated a hundred thousand times. Do they have any quality control whatsoever? That's not even the only problem on the disc; there are many more - digital pops, clipping (also in I Am The Doctor) galore.

I know Who is made on a TV budget and that it's a miracle there is an orchestra at all - but the BBC record these scores in a brand new custom built concert hall (Hoddinott Hall) with the same engineers they contract for classical music CDs. Obviously the raw recordings are spotless. Who is consistently buggering them up for the CD master?

I too have cancelled my Amazon pre-order. Such laissez-faire attitudes to quality control do not deserve to be rewarded with our hard earned money.

All the stupidity in the world in one pakage macdawson's Avatar
    I intended to buy the actual disc but now, unless they do a recall and re-print this thing, i won't. I agree with you guys, this is a major cock-up, in some other track it would be already unacceptable and cause for complaint. But on what is to the majority of fans the main track on the album, to have something like this... WTF??? Have they ever eard of QC?

Wich means that those who downloaded this thing actually have, thanks to Tangotreats, a better score than those with the CD, because that can't be fixed. And that's just wrong. Thanks for the fix, Tango, it's brilliant and not just to your ears. Wish the guys at SSR had an ear like yours.