Page 106 of 281 FirstFirst ... 65696100101102103104105106107108109110111112116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 7017
Like Tree4757Likes

Thread: Doctor Who - A collection of all the soundtracks

when it gets closer to December Im sure a track list will emerge and some samples too , look me up on facebook there are lots of DWHO pages unless you are aware already Cheers
    Goldsmith Rules!! Whovian Extraordinaire!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadKalnod View Post
    I don't know about the necessity of another variation on IATD on the new CD. On the one hand, I understand the argument that some people may not want to pay for a virtual repeat of what they got on the last CD and Murray has other stuff he'd rather make room for than a remix. On the other, I'm still mildly dissatisfied that the Season 4 disc did not include the Sontaran March from The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky and the frenzied version of "All the Strange Strange Creatures"/"YANA" from the end of Turn Left. I suppose I'll settle into the position that, much like any new Doctor Who material, anything on the Season 6 soundtrack is an improvement over not having a release at all.

[crusty old curmudgeon mode] I think the young folk are spoiled for Doctor Who these days, what with a new series and two spin-offs in production, three or four audios every month, a trio of novels each quarter, and comics in at least four ongoing periodicals. Back in my day, back in the Dark Times from 1989 to 1996, we had to make do with eight pages of comic strip in Doctor Who Magazine once a month and a handful of Virgin New Adventures novels that my local Waldenbooks would have to special order for me. And we were grateful for it! You whippersnappers don't know how good you have it. I'm going to go sit on the front porch now and whittle while I yell at those kids to stay off my lawn. [/crusty old curmudgeon mode]

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Not likely. Murray isn't a gamer, after all. And on top of that, the theme from Mass Effect is only superficially similar to I Am the Doctor.
    With the greatest respect, it's not - it's exactly the same. Musically, it's identical. I don't want to get into an argument - it's a simple fact. It's the same theme. Somehow.

Just because Murray's not a gamer doesn't mean he doesn't keep his ear to the ground as regards what his colleagues in film, TV, and game scoring are up to...

It's similar, but I wouldnt call it exactly the same
    so I wouldnt call it a fact either
    the resemblance is uncanny tho, but that doesnt make me wanna point fingers

Grand Shriner
    Ahh, not this again

Formerly SpikeRevell The Doctor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tangotreats View Post
    With the greatest respect, it's not - it's exactly the same.
    Sorry, but it's not. I can play both pieces on the piano, and they're in no way identical. Similar, yes. But identical? Not even close. The similarities are confined to damn near one bar. The Mass Effect main theme definitely has less in common with I Am the Doctor than the Metal Gear Solid Theme had in common with Georgy Sviridov's The Snowstorm (and I'm still not convinced Tappy deliberately lifted anything from that piece of classical music).

Amusingly, this isn't the first time there has been similarities between Murray's work and video game music. The last half of the Cybermen track from the series 1 & 2 disc sounds like a slightly off version of Ridley's Theme from Super Metroid to me.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

I think the young folk are spoiled for Doctor Who these days, what with a new series and two spin-offs in production...
    Doctor Who Confidential and The Sarah Jane Adventures have both come to an end, and there's been no word on Torchwood returning after Miracle Day. So at the moment, only Doctor Who is in production. It's a bit scary, actually!
    In my hands, I hold the ashes. In my veins, black pitch runs.

Dork Lord of the Sith MadKalnod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Doctor Who Confidential and The Sarah Jane Adventures have both come to an end, and there's been no word on Torchwood returning after Miracle Day. So at the moment, only Doctor Who is in production. It's a bit scary, actually!
    The final three SJA episodes haven't reached me here in New Jersey, so as far as I'm concerned it isn't 100% over yet, and I could swear I heard that RTD and Starz definitely intend to continue Torchwood even if there are no concrete specifics as of yet. Admittedly, that's more stubborn denial than optimistic assessment. Still, there's that Australian-made K-9 series that I haven't seen in the States at all, so call it one-and-a-half spin-offs in production? Even if you don't, there's still the aforementioned flood of audios/novels/comics and their spin-offs still going full-tilt, so my point remains that there's far more than you can hope to keep up with now than Back In My Day(TM) when you had to scavenge for scraps to treasure. It's like the starving kids in Africa argument: "There's a man in Atlantic City who would be grateful to have that 6th Season soudtrack CD even if it doesn't have another remix of the same cue that got three versions on the last CD." I'm gonna go whittle some more and grumble my suspicions that the girl who gave me a haircut last Saturday was on the dope.
    "There are some corners of the universe that have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought." - Doctor Who

"I'm not scared of monsters. They're scared of me." - Doctor Who

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I don't think you're missing much regards K-9... SJA and Torchwood feel like they belong in the universe, but K-9 feels like a cheap Australian kids show which features a tin dog that looks a bit like K-9.

I'm sure Torchwood will go on, somehow... I never really got into it, myself, but it does awfully well in the ratings. I think even the Americans liked it, didn't they?

Bartender to Iris & Panda burneggroll's Avatar
    You do know I can send you video links, download and/or streaming, for those shows. As you say, there's far more than you can hope to keep up with already posted here. And as for that girl who gave you a haircut last Saturday, send her over, I'll check it out for you.

All posts are for public interest purposes only. Commercial re-use is not authorized.

My Favorite Audios Checklist

Grand Shriner
    I do hope Torchwood continues, and it will cause of Starz ratings and such. Talking about Torchwood, is there gonna be a soundtrack for Miracle Day? The score wasn't that great in the show, but stand-alone might be cool. When they're in front of the Blessing, the chorus sounds cool

I will say this about the mass Effect/I Am The Doctor question. I had a friend over the other day. She has does not game, nor listen to scores, but she has watched one or two of New Who. I had been playing the Mass Effect track, just out of curiosity when she came in and said, "oh, you're listening to Doctor Who again?". I said no, and she said"of course you are, that's the music the used for the Doctor". So if it is not identical, it is close enough that a very casual listener identifies it as Who.

Quote Originally Posted by tangotreats View Post
    I don't think you're missing much regards K-9... SJA and Torchwood feel like they belong in the universe, but K-9 feels like a cheap Australian kids show which features a tin dog that looks a bit like K-9.

I'm sure Torchwood will go on, somehow... I never really got into it, myself, but it does awfully well in the ratings. I think even the Americans liked it, didn't they?
    I attempted to watch that current K-9 series...didn't make it past the halfway mark of the first episode. If kids enjoy it, then that's cool, but I didn't care for it.

As an American who watched Torchwood from it's beginnings on BBC, I felt a little disappointed with Miracle Day. In my opinion, it dragged on too long, not to mention took forever to get to the point it seemed. Again, this is only my opinion, so I'm not speaking for anyone else. If it continues, I'll still watch it, but hopefully it will be better than the last series.
    "It ate him... bit off his head... like a gingerbread man..." - Crawford Tillinghast

Grand Shriner
    The first seven tracks:

1. Not As Bad As It Looks
    2. I Am The Doctor In Utah
    3. 1969
    4. The Impossible Astronaut
    5. Trust Me
    6. Help Is On It's Way

Shriner
    Where'd you find those at?

huh, so we do get the IATD arrangement from the Utah scene, but not from DotM?

edit: going by the titles, all of these tracks are from The Impossible Astronaut, guess they finished mastering that episode?

Grand Shriner
    The soundtrack is completely mastered. Just for some reason we're not getting a full track list yet. Track 3 on disc 2 is "The British Are Coming"

Here it is so far:

1. Not As Bad As It Looks
    2. I Am The Doctor In Utah
    3. 1969
    4. The Impossible Astronaut
    5. Trust Me
    6. Help Is On It's Way*
    7. Another Perfect Prison
    8. ??
    9. Ap...
    10. Day Of The Moon
    11. I See...
    12. You're...
    13. Deadly...
    14. Perfect...
    15. All For O...
    16. The Curse of the Black Spot
    17. I've Got M...
    18. My TARDIS
    19. Run, Sexy
    20. Locked On
    21. The Chemical...
    22. Which One Is The...
    23. Scanning Me
    24. Ransacked
    25. Always with the R...
    26. Double Doctor
    27. Tell Me The Truth
    28. Loving Isn't Knowing
    29. River's Waltz
    30. Pop
    31. Tell Me Who You Are
    32. Melody Pond

Disk 2
    1. Growing Up Fast
    2. ???
    3. The British Are Coming

another perfect prison starts out the Day of the Moon tracks I see
    I hope it starts out with that beat that also starts off the episode

and each disc handles one half of the season

edit: always with the rory!
    xd

The Fan Who Waited Chris666eden's Avatar
    I Think Disk 2 Track 2 is 'The Blush Of Love' Probably from the scene when amy finds out rory loves her. Disk 1 Track 17 is obviously 'I've Got Mail', Track 28 is a suite according to the list and the rest is blocked by the edge of the first page. Track 25 is 'Always With The Rory', OMG YES Track 11 is 'I See You' which is what river says when she is on the building with the Silence and Jumps off to escape Canton. Everyone will be happy to know a shortened version of One Small Step plays here so at least a bit of it is included. Track 15 could be 'All For One' Which could be the Day Of The Moon IATD as it sounds similar to One Small Step. Why tease? If they have the complete track listing on paper then shouldnt they have released it by now or maybe they are about to in which case I CANT WAIT

so where is the source of this?

I think they will keep updating it quite often.

Grand Shriner
    About "I See You". I don't know if that's the track, it's way after 'Another Perfect Prison"

Quote Originally Posted by Retconaddict2 View Post
    About "I See You". I don't know if that's the track, it's way after 'Another Perfect Prison"
    But 'Another Perfect Prison' could be from the scene when we first see the doctor at area 51. and also remember murray sometimes switches tracks around not accidently but because he believes it works better in that order musically. An example is with the 'Next Doctor' selection. 'Not The Doctor' is before 'A Bit Of A Drag' when they should be the other way round like in the episode.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris666eden View Post
    I Think Disk 2 Track 2 is 'The Blush Of Love' Probably from the scene when amy finds out rory loves her. Disk 1 Track 17 is obviously 'I've Got Mail', Track 28 is a suite according to the list and the rest is blocked by the edge of the first page. Track 25 is 'Always With The Rory', OMG YES Track 11 is 'I See You' which is what river says when she is on the building with the Silence and Jumps off to escape Canton. Everyone will be happy to know a shortened version of One Small Step plays here so at least a bit of it is included. Track 15 could be 'All For One' Which could be the Day Of The Moon IATD as it sounds similar to One Small Step. Why tease? If they have the complete track listing on paper then shouldnt they have released it by now or maybe they are about to in which case I CANT WAIT
    Also I think "All For One" is from COTBP, going by the phrase "all for one and one for all" it might be the scene in which everyone is transported to the other ship.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chris666eden View Post
    But 'Another Perfect Prison' could be from the scene when we first see the doctor at area 51. and also remember murray sometimes switches tracks around not accidently but because he believes it works better in that order musically. An example is with the 'Next Doctor' selection. 'Not The Doctor' is before 'A Bit Of A Drag' when they should be the other way round like in the episode.
    That's true. How amazing would it be if it had River's jumping scene then suddenly went into the full 'One Small Step' track?

Quote Originally Posted by Retconaddict2 View Post
    Also I think "All For One" is from COTBP, going by the phrase "all for one and one for all" it might be the scene in which everyone is transported to the other ship.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

That's true. How amazing would it be if it had River's jumping scene then suddenly went into the full 'One Small Step' track?
    That could happen because the IATD from that scene starts off with a guitar underscore and then it flows into a quick IATD variation and that would be GREAT. It would work as a standalone track since its over 4 minutes long.
    Murray has said the tracklisting is coming soon. but i think it will be announced VERY soon since the tracklisting has been written, the CD's have been mastered and the CD Cover (from the editing shots taken) looks finished.

I am guessing..

The Impossible Astronaut
    01. Not as Bad as it Looks
    02. I am the Doctor in Utah
    03. 1969
    04. The Impossible Astronaut
    05. Trust Me
    06. Help is on its Way

Day of the Moon
    07. Another Perfect Prison
    08. ?
    09. ?