Page 114 of 926 FirstFirst ... 1464104108109110111112113114115116117118119120124164214614 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 23126
Like Tree43880Likes

Thread: DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMA THREAD

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by mckryn View Post
    i'm watching the second doctor at the moment and can't find a decent recon of Fury from the Deep, there's one going under "5.6 Fury from the Deep HD" which is taking forever, (i've got some others from this source, think they're from the audio cd's). Anyone know where i can get a decent version, got the LC one but there's a crackle on the audio.
    Its probably not good enough quality but I''ve watched Fury from the Deep here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Shriner
    hey thanks jamesedgehog,
    the quality looks good enough and that crackles not there, i'll have to figure out out to lift them so i can watch on the move. thanks again.

Golden Sun/Tales Fan! GoldenTalesGeek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamdoggy View Post
    The latest misplaced story just appeared on the Impish site:
    Spoiler!
    EPIC! Thanks for the head's up, Jamdoggy! Been waiting for this! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Jamdoggy View Post
    The latest misplaced story just appeared on the Impish site:
    Halfway through and it's not bad. Better than the this months 5 outing at least. I like Graham Cole's performance. Perhaps not the worlds best actor, but very relaxed and natural which is a big Plus for an audio.

On the topic of the scarf man, can someone repost the links for episodes 3&4 of his first season of adventures? I have looked back for them but just get lost in a sea of posts. Thanks very muchly!

Interesting news on what the two 6th Doc 'Specials' are - [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - But what the heck is up with some bits of that artwork? The J&L figures look terrible (mainly due to the 'stock heads' being transplanted onto bodies) and CB looks oddly proportioned.

Odd choice, though, to spin them off into these specials and not keep the travels as part of the main J&L range. Bit of me says "Yay!" because it means that The Doc isn't taking the limelight in their range, but another bit says it's a bit stupid to have the ending of their last boxset not being given 'closure' in the next boxset.

But damn cheap pre-order price of 1 each for the downloads so, as they say, grab-em-while-they're-hot.

Grand Shriner
    What interested me in that link was that there's an audio version of Love & War! I've never listened to my my favourite female archeologist. Could someone please post it? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Redhoof View Post
    What interested me in that link was that there's an audio version of Love & War! I've never listened to my my favourite female archeologist. Could someone please post it? Thanks!
    I'd be VERY surprised if it were posted before October ....

Happy.

But surprised.

Grand Shriner
    Oh, it's not out yet, then? Ah well, October it is.

Spoiler!

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobber View Post
    Yep. Along with a stunning performance from PMcG in the closing scenes.
    Agreed. That was one of the best scenes in the entire run of BF Audios.

Shriner
    I have noticed that my copy of the scarf wearer's first "nervy" adventure is damaged. Episode one seems to skip some of the action. I suppose, as my version came from here, that quite a few of the group's members will also have this damaged copy.
    Does anyone have an undamaged version that they would be willing to post? Even just the first episode would be sufficient.
    You would be doing a great service both to myself and to the entire group.

Onion Kid
    Thanks for a certain base on earth's satellite, daftideasinc!
    Simply brilliant!
    Eagerly awaiting the remaining 3 episodes,
    T.M.

Shriner
    Interesting news on what the two 6th Doc 'Specials' are - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

But damn cheap pre-order price of 1 each for the downloads so, as they say, grab-em-while-they're-hot.
    Already Preordered.

Also, my biggest issue with Alex's death was it seemed like there was no real emotional impact from it on Susan (from what I remember). But then again, there didn't seem to be much of an emotional response from Susan during any of the times she and her Grandfather have been reunited...
    SmugglerTrev likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by catt42 View Post
    Already Preordered.

Also, my biggest issue with Alex's death was it seemed like there was no real emotional impact from it on Susan (from what I remember). But then again, there didn't seem to be much of an emotional response from Susan during any of the times she and her Grandfather have been reunited...
    Agreed. I think it's down to the story format they've been in. In the single CD stories they've not really had the chance to explore her reactions properly - possibly why there's so much put on PMcG's shoulders on the anger front as he's doing it for both of them, if you see what I mean.

Which actually reminds me of something - surprised that there's never been a fan-cry for having a Susan spin-off to cover the time between her leaving and being re-united. (Not sure I'd want to hear it, to be honest, but still surprised it's never been called for.)

Interesting news on what the two 6th Doc 'Specials' are - [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - But what the heck is up with some bits of that artwork? The J&L figures look terrible (mainly due to the 'stock heads' being transplanted onto bodies) and CB looks oddly proportioned.
    Not sure who the artist is, but this doesn't look like the usual quality from [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - maybe there's a new cover artist, and this is his first one...?
    Odd choice, though, to spin them off into these specials and not keep the travels as part of the main J&L range. Bit of me says "Yay!" because it means that The Doc isn't taking the limelight in their range, but another bit says it's a bit stupid to have the ending of their last boxset not being given 'closure' in the next boxset.
    I think it's great the J&L get to go gallivanting around the multiverse with the Doctor... I do love cross-overs, where either the Doctor appears in a spin-off or the spin-off appears in Doctor Who!

CD's ordered

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchylunch View Post
    I have noticed that my copy of the scarf wearer's first "nervy" adventure is damaged. Episode one seems to skip some of the action. I suppose, as my version came from here, that quite a few of the group's members will also have this damaged copy.
    Does anyone have an undamaged version that they would be willing to post? Even just the first episode would be sufficient.
    You would be doing a great service both to myself and to the entire group.
    I have the same issue and the same request... thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by daftideasinc View Post
    Spoiler!
    They are also available on YouTube ... [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by catt42 View Post

Agreed! I was also appalled at the The Doctor's complete lack of sympathy & support for Susan's loss (which, to be fair, has got to be greater than his own); not even bothering to stick around for the funeral! Having said that, I also agree that the self-centred agonizing he did was brilliantly performed & the series overall was spot-on!

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialTeaBoy View Post

Don't get me wrong - I like a lot of his work, but some times I miss the maturity of the Garry Russell era...
    He's knocked out some good tales but one very clumsy & amateurish plot device he relies on far too often is trying to prolong the suspense by simply not getting to the point. Dalek Empire is a classic example, full of dying men with plot-twisting information who spend their last moments explaining everything that's happened to them that week & the entire story of how they found out what they know & how much trouble they had getting back to tell someone & not just getting on with it & revealing the name of the traitor (or whatever)!

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

On the subject of clumsy writing, another bad habit that Big Finish has slipped back into lately (that they had previously grown out of) is the use of clumsy conversations where someone describes everything that's happening in front of them & everything they are doing to someone who's standing right next to them! I always thought that proving that wasn't necessary is what sets Big Finish apart from all other audio productions (including the BBC)!

And that's the end of my moaning about Big Finish (who I really do love) for tonight.
    Nobber likes this.

Just finished the latest missing multicoloured-coat and bouncy-boobed one story. Flagged a bit on the second CD and the villain of the piece was perilously close to 'moustache twirling', but it was just so much better than the cricket lover this month that I'll forgive it.

Grand Shriner
    ok
    Last edited by versatile; 06-27-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Golden Sun/Tales Fan! GoldenTalesGeek's Avatar
    the villain of the piece was perilously close to 'moustache twirling'
    I'm in agreement with that, but to be fair, it was trying to be evocative of 80s DW. I kinda enjoyed it myself, though I saw some of the plot twists coming. XD

Shriner
    Just a note about the Sixy specials with J&L. They're doing this as an experiment to see if they can sell enough from people like us who don't always pay for them if they charge a significantly cheaper rate to still turn a profit. Let's show our support for the company and for lower pricing by at the very least buying these two releases from them. After all, theyre just one pound/dollar/euro each for the downloads. Surely all of us will get at least that much worth of enjoyment from them, right? Surely all of us can afford that little bit? And most importantly, we'll be making a strong vote for lower prices.

Even if you've never bought anything from Big Finish, could we all just agree to support them at least this one time, to thank them for all of the great stories (and yes, some mediocre ones) that they've given us.

In fact, I think it would be appropriate if people agreed not to post these two stories on here, or other outlets.
    rhb and catt42 like this.

I am the Ataxer DrakeRavensmith's Avatar
    I'll be getting all four special releases on CD. I'm most interested in the 8th Doctor boxset. I think we've all waited long enough to find out what the Doctor does after losing all those loved ones.
    Have you ever been talking to someone and they tell you that you remembered something wrong and, despite your often excellent memory, it's happened so much that you wonder if you're not slipping along parallel dimensions so similar to our own that the differences are so minute as to be unnoticeable and then become afraid that one day you'll wake up and an American will be playing the Doctor?

Shriner
    Which actually reminds me of something - surprised that there's never been a fan-cry for having a Susan spin-off to cover the time between her leaving and being re-united. (Not sure I'd want to hear it, to be honest, but still surprised it's never been called for.)
    I think that would result in another run of Dalek Empire. Isn't the main character in DE 1 also called Susan? See, the parallel is obvious ;P

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRavensmith View Post
    I'm most interested in the 8th Doctor boxset. I think we've all waited long enough to find out what the Doctor does after losing all those loved ones.
    Same! I loved the ending of the EDA's and I immediately thought that it was a very plausible way in which the Doctor goes from the nice victorian traveller to the destroyer of worlds and the last of the time lords. Although the audio's probably won't touch on the subject of the Time War, I'm dying to find out what happened to the Doctor. In other words: I'm definitely getting the 8th Doctor set, and I'm paying for it too.

Quote Originally Posted by besthead View Post
    In fact, I think it would be appropriate if people agreed not to post these two stories on here, or other outlets.
    that is a very nice idea!