Page 100 of 981 FirstFirst ... 5090949596979899100101102103104105106110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 24516
Like Tree47204Likes

Thread: DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMA THREAD

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamdoggy View Post
    I have the first series at 256kbps (and series 2 and 3). My copy of series 4 is only 160kbps - if yours is better, I'd certainly be grateful. I'll put up my season 1 for y'all tomorrow, unless anyone has better than 256kbps quality...?
    Sorry, my copy of S4 is also 160kbps. S2 and 3 are 192kbps, yours are better!

Quote Originally Posted by broomere View Post
    Deffo interested in these, especially having really enjoyed Louise in the recent Tom stories. Love Lalla, too. The setup for the series strikes me as maybe a bit too fanwanky but I'm slowly ceasing to care about that kind of thing.
    I really love the Gallifrey series, even if the plot is at some points a little awkward. It doesn't always make total sense, and sometimes it can seem a little far-fetched, but I love it all the same. The first series might take a while to take off, but once it's on a roll it is good. I mean, it has two K-9's in it. TWO.

Quote Originally Posted by Quanna View Post
    Sorry, my copy of S4 is also 160kbps. S2 and 3 are 192kbps, yours are better!
    Okies, I'll put up my S1, S2 and S3.
    They are all pretty big, so will take me a while to upload. The first one took about 2 hours to put onto my share, but it's just finished:
    Spoiler!

The 2nd is uploading now (731Mb, ETA 3Hrs) and then I'll do the 3rd (688Mb)...

I'm also planning a 'spin-offs' torrent, which will be 31.5Gb of audio and video DW spinoffs. It will not include the K-9, Sarah Jane or TW stuff, but almost everything else I can find. The list of stuff is below - anything think of anything I missed?
    Spoiler!
    , , and 1 others like this.

Shriner
    They are all pretty big, so will take me a while to upload. The first one took about 2 hours to put onto my share, but it's just finished.The 2nd is uploading now (731Mb, ETA 3Hrs) and then I'll do the 3rd (688Mb)...
    Thanks! I was going to 'like' your post, but the site won't let me. Still, the better version of your audios is much appreciated!

On a side note, has anyone got the Unbound Series? I'm particularly interested in "Exile". Always wondered what a female Doctor would be like... (sorry about unleashing this evil here, I will put it back in the box right now. Forget I ever mentioned it. Unless you are willing to share the audio with me, then please upload it first and then forget about it...)
    likes this.

On a side note, has anyone got the Unbound Series? I'm particularly interested in "Exile". Always wondered what a female Doctor would be like... (sorry about unleashing this evil here, I will put it back in the box right now. Forget I ever mentioned it. Unless you are willing to share the audio with me, then please upload it first and then forget about it...)
    I have them all (at 256kbps, except #8, 'Masters of War', which is 192kbps)
    I'll put up Exile for you when the other have finished (in about 5-6 hours...)

Coincidentally, Exile also has David Tennant playing a Timelord. It was released in 2003, three years before he played The Doctor! Arabella Wier (who played the Doctor in Exile) also re-appeared in Doctor Who, as 'Billis' in The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe.

"Exile" is brilliant and terrible t the same time, A brilliant idea (and some not bad performances) that are let down by the Briggs trying (and failing, IMHO, YMMV) to be funny.

Shriner

Coincidentally, Exile also has David Tennant playing a Timelord. It was released in 2003, three years before he played The Doctor! Arabella Wier (who played the Doctor in Exile) also re-appeared in Doctor Who, as 'Billis' in The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe.
    thank you thank you thank you! I hope I'm not using up all your bandwidth with my request...

I knew I recognised that name from somewhere, and now you say 'Billis' I remember reading an interview with her in DWM. Tennant is also in a few other BF plays no? I think he was in Dalek Empire playing that guy who could turn invisible, and he's in Colditz as well, playing a rather nasty character...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobber View Post
    "Exile" is brilliant and terrible t the same time, A brilliant idea (and some not bad performances) that are let down by the Briggs trying (and failing, IMHO, YMMV) to be funny.
    I will get back to this when I've listened to it. The whole concept of a female Doctor has fascinated me since I first found out it was possible. (sorry, sorry, I don't want to ruin anyone's mood, the evil goes back in the box very soon I promise.), and then I found out about this unbound and well, I just had to have it really.

They are all pretty big, so will take me a while to upload. The first one took about 2 hours to put onto my share, but it's just finished:
    Spoiler!

Here's the 2nd:
    Spoiler!

3rd is uploading...
    and like this.

Onion Kid
    The whole concept of a female Doctor has fascinated me since I first found out it was possible. (sorry, sorry, I don't want to ruin anyone's mood, the evil goes back in the box very soon I promise.), and then I found out about this unbound and well, I just had to have it really.
    Ha ha! A topic bound to cause arguments amongst the fans. Personally I've never really seen the need for the Doctor to suddenly become female except to drum up some publicity. I wouldn't have thought that Leela would be too impressed if Andred regenerated into a woman! Would have caused a bit of tension in the marriage

It would be a little strange to watch on tv too, would the Doctor be commenting on getting his first bra, the perils of running in high heels. Though I would quite like to hear the Doctor say I have boobies now, boobies are cool!
    likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesedgehog View Post
    It would be a little strange to watch on tv too, would the Doctor be commenting on getting his first bra, the perils of running in high heels. Though I would quite like to hear the Doctor say I have boobies now, boobies are cool!

If Arabella Wier is playing the Doctor, would she not be more likely to ask 'Does my Bum look big in this?'

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Spoiler!

Here's the 2nd:
    Spoiler!

3rd is uploading...
    And here's the 3rd series...
    Spoiler!

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Here it is, as promised...
    Spoiler!
    , , and 1 others like this.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesedgehog View Post
    Ha ha! A topic bound to cause arguments amongst the fans. Personally I've never really seen the need for the Doctor to suddenly become female except to drum up some publicity. I wouldn't have thought that Leela would be too impressed if Andred regenerated into a woman! Would have caused a bit of tension in the marriage

I don't feel the need to suddenly see the Doctor change into a woman either, but I think the idea of it is one worth thinking about for fun. It's an interesting fan debate I think, and I don't think it's likely to ever happen, but I would certainly be interested to see how it would work out.

The Doctor always says :'I'm still me'. Wouldn't that also count if he changed into a woman? It's just a fun possibility in my opinion, not something I'm seriously campaigning for. But if they ever find someone suitable, I'd be willing to watch it just because it makes for an interesting idea. Admittedly, it would be a little strange to watch.

And now that evil goes back to where it came from and will never be unleashed again. I promise.

Oh and Jamdoggy, thanks a billion for the upload. I was again trying to like your post but failed. Please accept this as a token of my gratitude instead.

i remember someone asking about this a while ago

Spoiler!
    likes this.

At least there's a reasonable reason given in Exile for the gender-change and it's not done just for the shear hell of it (well, in story terms, at least. if you see what I mean.)

And talking of change - preview of BF's new look site ... EIGHT MINUTES to show you how to use the site. EIGHT MINUTES!!! - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobber View Post
    At least there's a reasonable reason given in Exile for the gender-change and it's not done just for the shear hell of it (well, in story terms, at least. if you see what I mean.)

And talking of change - preview of BF's new look site ... EIGHT MINUTES to show you how to use the site. EIGHT MINUTES!!! - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Bit of an overkill. Speaking of the enormous climax - any chance of J&L S4 yet???
    likes this.

Onion Kid
    Many Thanks for uplading this, more cool hubby points from my wife. I wonder if "The Signelman" was a delebrite choice, or just coincidence?

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Thanks for uploading these. My daughter is very pleased, her Sarah Jane collection is upto date. May the memory of Elizabeth Sladen live forever.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Thank you very much for the upload. Heard "Earth Aid" last year, and have been eager to hear the rest of this series. Thanks again

I'm also planning a 'spin-offs' torrent, which will be 31.5Gb of audio and video DW spinoffs. It will not include the K-9, Sarah Jane or TW stuff, but almost everything else I can find. The list of stuff is below - anything think of anything I missed?
    Spoiler!
    Just put this audio and video spin-off collection here:
    Spoiler!

I think I got pretty much all the BBV and Reeltime stuff, and a few others...
    and like this.

Grand Shriner
    I wish I could do torrents.....some pretty cool stuff there.....

Quote Originally Posted by jrtxs2001 View Post
    I wish I could do torrents.....some pretty cool stuff there.....
    If there is anything from that torrent that you'd specifically like, I can put it elsewhere for you
    Unfortunately, I reckon it's gonna take 7-10 days to seed that lot, so my bandwidth is gonna be stretched until it's finished. If you don't mind waiting for a week, that'd be great...

Grand Shriner
    I really appreciate that!
    I was told that Kaldor City is really good....also, if you could.....I had never heard of Lollipop Man
    The only other ones I am interested in are Zygon and Shakedown
    I hope it's not too much....
    I don't mind waiting at all....
    I thank you very much for doing that!

Quote Originally Posted by jrtxs2001 View Post
    I really appreciate that!
    I was told that Kaldor City is really good....also, if you could.....I had never heard of Lollipop Man
    The only other ones I am interested in are Zygon and Shakedown
    I hope it's not too much....
    I don't mind waiting at all....
    I thank you very much for doing that!
    No problem.

Lollipop Man was actually taken from [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (Note that it's in 3 parts), using the excellent [Hidden link. Register to see links.], which allows you to save YouTube videos. I'm posting the links for you, as it may be quicker to grab your own copy from YouTube.

I don't normally watch 'Doctors', but this episode is worth watching for fans, as the part of Graham Capelli was obviously written for McCoy, as it is almost a parody of his real-life in many ways.

I'll put Kaldor City, Zygon and Shakedown up for you as soon as I can...

Grand Shriner
    It is very much appreciated!
    No rush....
    Again, thank you for taking the time to do that!

Dork Lord of the Sith MadKalnod's Avatar
    No problem.

I'll put Kaldor City, Zygon and Shakedown up for you as soon as I can...
    I already put Kaldor City up sometime last week or thereabouts, so that should save you some time unless the links are dead already. Check back a few pages on page 96 and it will be with the "S'ekalb Sseevveenn" stuff, titles encoded with my patented "Reverse Double-X Encryption System"
    "There are some corners of the universe that have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought." - Doctor Who

"I'm not scared of monsters. They're scared of me." - Doctor Who

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by MadKalnod View Post
    I already put Kaldor City up sometime last week or thereabouts, so that should save you some time unless the links are dead already. Check back a few pages on page 96 and it will be with the "S'ekalb Sseevveenn" stuff, titles encoded with my patented "Reverse Double-X Encryption System"
    Not sure what's MadKalnod's Kaldor is like, but it's probably very similar. Here's the details for mine:
    Spoiler!

I've set Shakedown on a slow overnight upload, as it's 894Mb - hopefully it won't affect the torrent too much, and I'll post the link in the morning (ETA currently reports 8 hours!). It includes VHS cover art and 'The Making of...' video.

Dork Lord of the Sith MadKalnod's Avatar
    Not sure what's MadKalnod's Kaldor is like, but it's probably very similar.
    Here's the details on mine:
    #1 = 90.2MB, 244 kbps
    #2 = 90.9 MB, 256 kbps
    #3 = 106 MB, 256 kbps
    #4 = 112 MB, 256 kbps
    #5 = 116 MB, 256 kbps
    #5a = 23.8 MB, 160 kbps (Not full album, just the KC story)
    #6 = 167 MB, 320 kbps
    And no cover included.

I imagine between the both of our uploads, one can Frankenstein together a version with the best of each.

Grand Shriner
    I must have missed it last time it was posted....
    Thank you very much!

Thanks MadKalnod, apart from your 5a (which I have as #7), yours is better quality - I'll certainly be upgrading my own copy

Due to an overnight disconnection from 4shared, something odd happened to the Shakedown upload. I have 'resumed' it, but I'll redownload it to check it's OK before posting the link, as it could have been corrupted (4shared says it's uploaded 1.5Gb of a 894Mb file!?!) - I'll only be able to tell if it's OK when it's finished. It it is corrupted, I'll reupload - sorry for the wait...
    likes this.