Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By PrimeEvil

Thread: Creepshow [1982] Capitol Library Tracks

Creepshow [1982] Capitol Library Tracks

Hey there everyone. I've been able to search out some tracks that a lot of people have been trying to obtain for a long time. These are the the incidental pieces of music in Creepshow that were not written by John Harrison, and therefore not released on any official soundtrack. These tracks were taken from the expansive Capitol Production Music library. I won't go into the details of how I found these tracks, because I can't be bothered really, but I will say it wasn't terribly easy. I don't have all tracks available yet, and I may never be able to find them all, but I'm putting up the 20 I have found so far. Also included is a list explaining where each track appears in the film. The timestamps used in the list are from the Creepshow Blu-Ray. Enjoy what is available here for now, and if I am to find more in the future, I will make sure to post updates here. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Cheers.

Edit : I've taken down the archive and the links, as they may hurt the chances of a legitimate cd release in the future. My apologies.
    Last edited by PrimeEvil; 05-20-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Thanks prime evil, I love library tracks.
    They use to pop up in different movies and series like old friends

thank you!!

Thanks!

Thankyou so much! These are really fantastic!

Now because it's Wikipedia, I don't know if it's true or not, but according to the wiki page for GRINDHOUSE, excerpts from the Creepshow score were used in Eli Roth's Thanksgiving trailer. Does anyone know if these tracks are what were used? I'm not familiar with any of this....

Quote Originally Posted by DAKoftheOTA View Post
    Now because it's Wikipedia, I don't know if it's true or not, but according to the wiki page for GRINDHOUSE, excerpts from the Creepshow score were used in Eli Roth's Thanksgiving trailer. Does anyone know if these tracks are what were used? I'm not familiar with any of this....
    There were 3 tracks used: Happy Father's Day (the one used during most of the death scenes), Something to Tide You Over (brief snippet when the girl is jumping on the trampoline), and The Crate (used also during death scenes).

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

I really hope you can find that track when Jordy has the dream about the doctor having to amputate his fingers because of the growing grass. That's what I've been looking for since I very first saw the film all those 10-15 years ago.

Grand Shriner
    Wow! I'm a huge King fan, so I appreciate this one big-time. (Speaking of which, if anybody ever sees the score for Bag of Bones lyin' around somewhere, link us up, won't you?)

Quote Originally Posted by codyap09 View Post
    I really hope you can find that track when Jordy has the dream about the doctor having to amputate his fingers because of the growing grass. That's what I've been looking for since I very first saw the film all those 10-15 years ago.
    Yeah, that's one of my favourites too, so let's hope I can search it out. I love them all, but was extremely happy to find the track in Something to Tide You Over, the one with the soprano vocals towards the end, and the jukebox tracks from They're Creeping Up On You. Sadly I haven't yet found the ones I want the most, those being the music that plays before Bedelia's flashback to the murder of her father, and the music shortly after when she's sitting at the grave.

Thank you!!!

Grand Shriner
    that's a very original and interesting download... i only knew about romero's soundtrack for night of the living dead, which relied on capitol library vaults only !!!

A few of these tracks were used back then in Night of the Living Dead too And alot of the tracks used in Creepshow showed up in the first season of Tales From the Darkside. But only on the version showed on TV and released on VHS. When they released the DVD's, they re-scored the first season

Grand Shriner
    Thank you very much! You did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by codyap09 View Post
    There were 3 tracks used: Happy Father's Day (the one used during most of the death scenes), Something to Tide You Over (brief snippet when the girl is jumping on the trampoline), and The Crate (used also during death scenes).[COLOR="Silver"]
    Nothing from The Crate is used in that trailer from memory. But there is a portion of some music from They're Creeping Up On You in there.

thanks wow... !!! )

Grand Shriner
    Very interesting. Looking forward to hearing these tracks. It's a shame these library tracks never get released on the soundtracks.

Hey all. I've been asked to remove 3 of the tracks from this archive, as they are available for purchase on the fantastic cd They Won't Stay Dead, music from Night of the living Dead. You can find this cd for sale on Amazon.com. Here's a new link for the Creepshow tracks. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Last edited by PrimeEvil; 10-12-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Master Special Effects artist Williamtaylor1969's Avatar
    just curious, but you were asked by WHOM???

William

The creator of said cd, whom I was essentially stealing from.

Onion Kid
    Thankyou so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeEvil View Post
    Hey all. I've been asked to remove 3 of the tracks from this archive, as they are available for purchase on the fantastic cd They Won't Stay Dead, music from Night of the living Dead. You can find this cd for sale on Amazon.com. Here's a new link for the Creepshow tracks. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Hes probably inhere downloading and stealing from other labels too...why else is he here??

Mucho Appreciado!

G
    thank

Quote Originally Posted by MadmanMARZ View Post
    Hes probably inhere downloading and stealing from other labels too...why else is he here??
    He did not ask me here. We talked personally via Facebook. To be honest, he didn't even expressly ask me to remove the tracks. He told me he was unhappy that I was sharing them, and out of respect for his work, I offered to remove them.
    Last edited by PrimeEvil; 11-18-2012 at 08:58 PM.