Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Conan the Destroyer (2011 re-recording) Basil Poledouris FLAC/MP3~320kbps

been salivating for this...thanks for the early X-mas gift.

thankyou!
    TZEECH

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!

Grand Shriner
    Thank you very much
    It is possible to get the scans (cover booklet)?
    Please

Big Thanks

Merry Christmas !!!

Thank... you !!!

Thanks.

Grand Shriner
    Many thanks!!

Grand Shriner
    Thank you very much!

This is amazing !! Thank you very much and Merry Christmas !!

Thanks

Thanks very much.

Grand Shriner
    Thanks. If we dont buy these they will never be done again. The rerecordings are light years ahead of the original recordings. I've purchased my copy

The damage is already done; Tadlow are jacking it in after these because they just don't sell. As much as I hate Fitzpatrick's business ethic, the guy is sinking his OWN MONEY into these things. Love can only stretch so far. This is the end of the era of re-recordings, and it's in no small part due to mindless posts like this.

Merry Christmas, folks. :/

Quote Originally Posted by tangotreats View Post
    As much as I hate Fitzpatrick's business ethic,
    Did he do something bad or wrong ? What's his business ethic ?

Grand Shriner
    #tangotreats. Jeez thats so sad.

The damage is already done; Tadlow are jacking it in after these because they just don't sell. As much as I hate Fitzpatrick's business ethic, the guy is sinking his OWN MONEY into these things. Love can only stretch so far. This is the end of the era of re-recordings, and it's in no small part due to mindless posts like this.

Merry Christmas, folks. :/

Thank you soooo much. Merry Christmas!

Happy Christmas to you too. Reported to moderators.

Robert Jordan: The abject mastering failure on the Conan The Barbarian set. He instituted no quality control, refused to acknowledge the problem even when presented with proof, hid behind that ignorant tosser Ford Thaxton who proceeded to viciously abuse anybody who heard the problem (ie, his customers - the people who keep him in business) and told barefaced lies to cover up the gargantuan foul up.

Contrast with other labels; when an issue is discovered, however small, it is immediately acknowledged and addressed - and most importantly, those who have paid good money for the product are looked after. Look at the one tenth of a second distortion on Intrada's Space Camp that resulted in a full recall and repress - or Silva Screen's repress and offer of a free replacement following the discovery of a mastering error on last year's Doctor Who series 5 disc.

That's more or less the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Jordan View Post
    Did he do something bad or wrong ? What's his business ethic ?
    James Fitzpatrick is a great guy, it's just that since he left Silva Screen 10 years ago or so and started Tadlow he has run his business with his heart instead of keeping it a strictly business endeavour.

He has invested a ton of his own money into Tadlow to keep it afloat, and none of Tadlow's releases have made back their production costs.

Perhaps their last two releases Taras Bulba, Fall Of The Roman Empire fared a bit better and here's to hoping that Conan sells well.

I think they'll do well... but not well enough. Tadlow has never made money from re-recordings - Fitzpatrick's main line of business is as orchestral contractor for the City of Prague Philharmonic.

I have great respect for him in that respect; he takes money from the profitable side of his business (the production line music factory) and invests it in projects that are guaranteed to make a loss, just because the music is great and because he wants to preserve it.

I can't fathom why he had the attitude he did over the Conan issues; one would have thought a man who essentially paid for the project out of his own bank account would be slavishly dedicated to a quality product... That he would ignore the issue, stand back and let Thaxton rip new assholes for the people who did nothing but point out the truth - that I cannot abide.

I have heard that if you shout loud enough, Fitzpatrick will send you a NEW MASTERING which is better - not perfect, but an improvement. This proves that he knows there is a problem but will not publically acknowledge it. Not cool, not cool at all.

Thank you Tangotreats and WilwoodPark for your valuable answers.

I wasn't aware about the Barbarian issue : maybe I should give one more carefull listen.

Thanks again.

Robert

Grand Shriner
    I think they'll do well... but not well enough. Tadlow has never made money from re-recordings - Fitzpatrick's main line of business is as orchestral contractor for the City of Prague Philharmonic.

I have great respect for him in that respect; he takes money from the profitable side of his business (the production line music factory) and invests it in projects that are guaranteed to make a loss, just because the music is great and because he wants to preserve it.

I can't fathom why he had the attitude he did over the Conan issues; one would have thought a man who essentially paid for the project out of his own bank account would be slavishly dedicated to a quality product... That he would ignore the issue, stand back and let Thaxton rip new assholes for the people who did nothing but point out the truth - that I cannot abide.

I have heard that if you shout loud enough, Fitzpatrick will send you a NEW MASTERING which is better - not perfect, but an improvement. This proves that he knows there is a problem but will not publically acknowledge it. Not cool, not cool at all.
    ... And another proof he knew it and reckoned it is in this second set: the dynamic is better preserved, and it seems there's no distortion/clipping issues this time.

Also, I completely agree with your point about the selling matter.

Much appreciated and thank you!

Whoah! Thanks a lot! Now all Conan scores can be heard with bigger orchestras.

Grand Shriner
    This is the end of the era of re-recordings, and it's in no small part due to mindless posts like this.
    Sad. And you have no doubt those downloads killed the re-recording business? I guessed the enthusiasts buy it without the care if it's shared elsewhere. Look how many stated from time to time here in this forum to download a score as a sneak preview that is already ordered. Nevertheless it looks bad if a score is shared on a forum and they don't sell enough to keep the business running.

Now all Conan scores can be heard with bigger orchestras.
    To my surprise someone told me recently that he dislike the new recordings and stick to the original stuff. Matter of taste ... but ... WTF. LOL

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast