awesome post, i love the BR music.
thanks especially for posting the 2019 edition!
Were you ever able to find "Blade Runner - Esper Retirement Edition?"
Coming soon : Blade Runner - Esper MR3 Edition (320KBPS) (4CD's)
2JacKc, did you have "Off-World Music" lossless? BTW I have MR3 in flac. Need it?
testing - is a science
my wishlist: James Horner "AVATAR 5CD lossless"
outside the original sountrack versions...which bootleg is the most comprehensive? i confuse ;S
Today I will upload "BR Westwood REDUX" in @320+scans. Uploading now.
- BR Esper RETIREMENT Edition [flac or mp3]
- BR Off-World Music [flac]
- BR Asian World 98 Version (and 96 Version too) [flac or mp3]
- BR Special Edition (suite) [flac or mp3]
tnx in advance
MP3 @320 Joint Stereo CBR, 135 Mb, covers, encoded from original FLAC
Track 19. Rachel Sleeping / Escape / End Titles in Bladerunner 2019 Edition is corrupted especially during the end titles. Lots of breaks and jumps. This is the most complete(and best) end titles for Blade Runner I've ever heard so far. Anyone here can provide a non-glitchy copy of this track?
I love this version, too, but Vangelis remixed it minus some variations heard in the middle of the original 7-minute version.
My favourite great version of this track is that on the "Odyssey" compilation of 2003, remixed by Vangelis himself - so not just a bootleger's fantasy. It's basically the same mix but it includes a few bars from the original mid-track variation at the end, and it sounds wonderfully.
Of course, it would be even better to see the full 7-min version released someday in high quality from the master tapes!
Yes this particular mix makes sense on the 2019 Edition as it's subtitled "Complete Theatrical Score To The Motion Picture".
However just wanted to say that this mix is very likely to have been sourced and remixed from the official Warner/Universal releases of 1994/2007, not from some new source.
IMHO the best BR bootleg tracklist (made only of material that is NOT in the official Blade Runner 3-CD) would be as follows, in terms of sound quality, completeness (clean starts and ends), and absence of sound effects:
01. PROLOGUE AND MAIN TITLES: From "2019 Edition" (No soundFX)
02. LEON'S VOIGHT KAMPF TEST: From "The Sound Of Blade Runner" (No soundFX, contains the "gated synth" version but also the full atonal cue that can be heard during Leon's VK test and in the deleted scene of Deckard's visit to Leon's Room)
03. SPINNER ASCENT (aka the last part of MAIN TITLES on the official album, but with clean start + end): From "2019 Edition" or "Outtakes", (No soundFX)
04. DECKARD MEETS RACHEL: From "2019 Edition" or "Outtakes" (No soundFX)
05. TALES OF THE FUTURE (Alternate Version): From "Outtakes" (Different version than the official soundtrack, contains an additional verse with different lyrics and melody, no soundFX)
06. BLADE RUNNER BLUES (Full-Length Version): From "Esper Edition MK2" (not MR3, which strangely sounds less good) or "Blade Runner 2008" (Most bootlegs use a mix between the official soundtrack album (the first 8"30) and the OffWorld 2000 (the last 1"20). Sounds a bit weird but better than the full versions from OffWorld or Gongo. Unfortunately "Esper" and "BR 2008" have it mixed into the next track, therefore destroying the nice clean end that can be heard only in Gongo and OffWorld bootlegs, but in medium sound quality. What a story this one!)
07. PRIS MEETS JF SEBASTIAN aka I'M HUNGRY JF: From "2019 Edition" (No soundFX, except for a couple of seconds at the start)
08. DECKARD'S DREAM: From "Esper MK2" or "MR3" (Contains some soft sounds from the movie, but artificially added neighing like in some other bootlegs)
09. LOVE THEME (Alternate Take) aka THINKING OF RACHEL aka PIANO MEMORIES: From "2019 Edition" (Contains some sounds from the movie, but less than in the "Esper" editions)
10. ANIMOID ROW aka ABDUL BEN HASSAN: From "Blade Runner 2008" or "2019 Edition" (The BR2008 contains some sound effects but it includes the oriental-like CS80 solo at the start, while the "2019" version has no sound effects, but the solo at the start is lost, being mixed into "Tales Of The Future", and sound quality is less good).
11. TAFFEY LEWIS NIGHT CLUB: From "2019 Edition" (No soundFX)
12. SALOME'S DANCE: From "Outtakes" (Longer than on "2019", clean end. No soundFX)
13. I AM THE BUSINESS: From "2019 Edition" (No sound FX)
14. PRELUDE TO "LOVE THEME" aka I DREAMT MUSIC (Part 1): From "The Sound Of Blade Runner", CD2, track 11, only the first 2"18! (This is the cue heard just before the well-known LOVE THEME (in theatrical and Final Cut releases) or DESOLATION PATH (in the workprint version) of the movie. However this version is an earlier take of this cue because it doesn't features the Rhodes electric piano overdub that can be heard in the movie (all versions!) and all other bootlegs. That said, the remaining of the track in "The Sound Of Blade Runner" is not that great because it was taken from the workprint version of the movie, and (roughly) edited at some places to skip Rachel's dialogue.)
15. DESOLATION PATH aka I DREAMT MUSIC (Part 2): From "Outtakes" (There are two separate excerpts from the original track which clearly come from a different version than the one featuring on Blade Runner Trilogy's CD 2. Clean end. No soundFX)
16. MORNING AT THE BRADBURY: From "2019 Edition" (Much longer than on "Esper" editions. Clean start + end, no soundFX)
17. THE PRODIGAL SON RETURNS aka THE PRODIGAL SON BRINGS DEATH (PRELUDE): From "2019 Edition" (No soundFX)
18. DR. TYRELL'S DEATH (Alternate version): From the 5-DVD Ultimate Edition set, Deleted Scene on disc 4 (Not to be omitted, a very different, instrumental version of this track which, IMHO, is the final part of the full-length version. Of course, it has some soundFX.)
19. DECKARD ENTERS THE BRADBURY aka BRADBURY APARTMENTS: From "2019 Edition" (Contains some soundFX like the searchlights woosh but strangely less than in the movie).
20. THROUGH RAIN AND SNOW: From "2019 Edition" (No soundFX)
21. DANGEROUS DAYS: From "Esper MK2" or "MR3" (No soundFX)
22. DECKARD AND ROY'S DUEL (Extended version) aka WOUNDED ANIMALS: From "Esper MK2" or "MR3" (No soundFX)
23. END TITLES: From "Odyssey - The Definitive Collection", a Vangelis compilation of 2003 (Remixed by Vangelis himself I think it's the best summary of the many versions of this track that exist: the full-length 7-min (but badly sounding) version from OffWorld and Gongo with its nice mid-track variations (also available in great sound quality on Vangelis' compilation "Themes" but unfortunately in shortened form), the US and International Theatrical Releases end titles (with their messed-up mixing at the end if you listen carefully), yet another mix for the Director's Cut (with a newly mixed end), and the official 1994/2007 soundtrack version (slightly shorter than the "Odyssey" mix which contains bits of the mid-track variation!). Btw "Esper" has tried to remix the 7-min track from these various sources but honestly it doesn't sounds that great). Phew.
24. As a bonus track, I would add MAIN TITLES from "Outtakes", which has a different start because it doesn't emerge from the Prologue.
25. For completeness, I would add, as second bonus track, the other version of PRELUDE TO "LOVE THEME" aka I DREAMT MUSIC (Part 1) - the one WITH the Rhodes piano overdub - from either "Esper MK2" or "MR3", or simply from the Workprint version (Disc 5 of the Ultimate Edition 5-DVD set) which sounds great, but includes a few sound effects like distant thunder and Rachel saying just one word: "Deckard!").
Well, once again that's just how I would put it together, knowing it would probably not be at everyone's taste.
Sorry it's a bit long, but anyway I hope it helps!
1187hunterwasser, great God! It seems to be your vision of BR Super-OST!
Would you like, I compare them into one CD? I have all of those bootlegs in lossless (exept "Outtakes" - only in mp3).
Thanks, but honestly the only BR Super-OST I'm really dreaming of is an official release of the above mentioned, however as full-length tracks, remastered from the mastertapes in glorious sound quality - like it already happened (although partially) in 2007 with the BR Trilogy, which I personally love very much.
Come on, Mr Papathanassiou, shouldn't be such a big deal, now that you've even been given the track listing for free.
The only Blade Runner Super-OST at the moment is the Ultra comprehensive 6CDs Retirement Edition. It doesn't get any more complete than that.
>>got the non glitchy version of Track19 of the 2019 Edition courtesy of Steven from Blade Runner Soundtrack group. Thanks again!!!
Yes TGWTG I do agree, but this bootleg has a lot of material taken from the Blade Runner Trilogy.
I was just listing the music that is NOT in the Trilogy (or at least not in its complete form), to answer Shadow1's question. Of course it suggests you have to own the Trilogy if you want to achieve completeness.
I see. Though in its incomplete form, the 25th Anniversary Blade Runner Trilogy soundtrack is awesome on its own. The only downside is that it featured mostly music by Vangelis.
Yahoow! I've got some EXTRArare bootlegs: uploading now.
[Memoires vol.5 - BR Director's Cut][128 kbps]
[Memoires vol.12 - Radio Special Edition][192 kbps]
[Blade Runner - Italian Audiobook][192 kbps]
[Blade Runner: Special Edition][?][160 kbps](really, don't know what this one is... - 2CD, 34 tracks)
and also, at last, 'Struzan Beta' [192 kbps] Edition
Memoires 05: Blade Runner Director's Cut
Memoires 12: Blade Runer Radio Special
[192 kbps][73,84 Mb]
infos from anunna.net
I attempted something similar to this thread a while ago on another forum. I don't know if I found some versions that are not in this thread, but here's the link:
[Hidden link. Register to see links.]
BTW, great job!