Page 60 of 600 FirstFirst ... 10505455565758596061626364656670110160560 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 14999
Like Tree5658Likes

Thread: THE BIG ORCHESTRAL ACTION MUSIC THREAD!

Grand Shriner
    THanks!!

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie781 View Post

Sure, no problem, i upload it for you. But it takes a while ^^

Maybe you found more in my thread to listen

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Great!! Looking forward to the upload.

You seem to have a Great collection of animation movies.

I noticed that you have both Sound Sketch 1 and Sound Sketch II. In case it is not too much to ask, would you upload both so that we can listen to the score in its entirety?

With appreciation.

a sweet little girlypuppydog Billie781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zuneo View Post
    Great!! Looking forward to the upload.

You seem to have a Great collection of animation movies.

I noticed that you have both Sound Sketch 1 and Sound Sketch II. In case it is not too much to ask, would you upload both so that we can listen to the score in its entirety?

With appreciation.
    Hmmm, i upload first the Chapitre1 for you and Romio no Aoi Sora for Arthierr, then we will see, okay? ^_____^
    Don't walk in front of me! I will not follow. Don't walk behind me! I will not lead you. Just walk next to me and be my friend.
    ..**..**....**..**..

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] ♥ * ~

..**..**....**..**..
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ♥ ♪..*
    ..**..**....**..**..

Here is a little sweet track for this thread, i hope you like it ^^

Little Women, composed by Thomas Newman

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] >> warm, soft

Quote Originally Posted by garcia27 View Post
    Here something that I didn't upload but I wanted to share with you. It is a series of cds with suites from the most important works by Basil Poledouris.

All the merit MUST be for horsiewoman:

8 cds

Enjoy!!!
    Extremely impressive, Garcia (as usual with you, I have to say). These cds are not only for people wishing to discover Poledouris' music, but also for long-time fans, because there are several suites from scores I didn't even know they existed! Especially in cd 2 and 6.

Thanks a lot for this great contribution. *Listening right now to the beautiful suite from "Amazons"...*

Sirusjr: I remember you said some time ago you didn't know very well this composer. Well, these suites are perfect for you: they feature the best parts, the tasty, juicy bits of the scores (even though some scores ONLY have top-notch parts, like "Conan"). Enjoy, this is only the cream of the crop!

I'll try the "Young Victoria" score too, seems interesting.

Billie: Thanks for your recent posts. Also when you'll rip your cd of Cosette (or any other), please use my HQ ripping guide, you'll get the best results with it:

Darknightor: after several tries (stubborn hyperfileshare), I succeeded tonight in downloading your Drakensang piece. Sounds very good. Where does it come from, any infos about it? And please, when you post something, at least give a name or something to describe it, otherwise people will just ignore it. Thanks!

Zuneo: if you request some albums posted by Billie in her thread, please do it in her thread, it's more polite.

Quote Originally Posted by arthierr View Post
    Sirusjr: I remember you said some time ago you didn't know very well this composer. Well, these suites are perfect for you: they feature the best parts, the tasty, juicy bits of the scores (even though some scores ONLY have top-notch parts, like "Conan"). Enjoy, this is only the cream of the crop!

I'll try the "Young Victoria" score too, seems interesting.
    Thanks for the suggestion although I have since downloaded a number of his scores and have most of the ones in that box set. I couldn't really get into it.
    Loveliness, Elegance, and Nobility Compilations
    Angela Aki Discography
    Kokia discography
    Sun Yanzi Discography
    Toshihiko Sahashi Thread

Shriner
    Zuneo: if you request some albums posted by Billie in her thread, please do it in her thread, it's more polite.[/QUOTE]

My apologies.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by ileferru View Post
    That site gives you only information and covers' scans. No download links.
    I asked for a site where i can download it not for information
    its so hard to find a site where i can download it

So my lovely ladies and gentlemen, i'm off for this weekend (i visit a very good friend), i wish you all a nice weekend. Bai bai ^____^/)

Have fun Billie

Grand Shriner
    The 13th Warrior - The Eaters Of The Dead (rejected score by Graeme Revell) 320 Kbps (no tracks names)

Here one very rare score. This is the rejected score by Graeme Revell for The 13th Warrior.

Usually Revell is not my favorite composer but this composition is really good, probably his best, but it was rejected by Michael Crichton (what a shame for Revell)

In this cd predominates ethnic and eclectic music, although it includes interesting action tracks, as the one with 10 minutes of duration.

Finishing I would like to tell that Revell's work is completely diferent from Goldsmith's one, so don't look for something similar.

Best

Hey guys, just posted my Tuomas Kantelinen soundtracks I own in FLAC on the lossless movie soundtrack thread! I thought I'd share them here as well for anyone who liked them before.

Tuomas Kantelinen Soundtracks FLAC!!
    Mongol

Mother of Mine

Quest for a Heart

The Promise

Year of the Wolf

Wow, what a great soundtrackcollection, thank you very much sirus for sharing with us m(_ _)m

@JRL3001
    Hehe, thank you very much, i have so much fun with my two good friends, a really great women-weekend XDD

Wow, what a great soundtrackcollection, thank you very much sirus for sharing with us m(_ _)m

@JRL3001
    Hehe, thank you very much, i have so much fun with my two good friends, a really great women-weekend XDD
    You are very welcome -Hug-
    I wish I could buy more but they are the only ones for sale in the US through Amazon and Cdbaby combined.

Aurora Aura
    Glad yah had fun billae !

My weeks been great with tough moments, but we found my fiance a apartment in ONE day!
    Back to the grind tomorrow eh?

Anyways me and her are halfway through watching Outlander (a suprisingly great movie btw) and I think ima go grab that score and put it here.

And if anyone else has any good flute music I'm still very very interested

-Night~
    Holy Spirit Rain Down On Us

@Sirus
    You are very welcome, too ^____^
    Oh it's a shame, i don't have more soundtracks from him, too. but look here (his side): [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Oh yeah, i have a sample from a movie 'Arn - The Knight Templar', composer is Tuomas Kantalinen
    PS. I bought the soundtrack to arn ^^

@Melz
    Thank you very much ^^
    Wow you have lot of lucky Melz XD or you two ^^

Hello folks, nice to see you after a few days off.

garcia27: Thx for the The Eaters Of The Dead, to be honest I believe that Revell hasn't the 10th of Goldsmith's talent (easy on percussions, dude!), but it's an interesting score anyway. I'll try to post the one by Goldsmith a bit later.

Qqqqqqwe: your post is SPLENDID, but why did you post it without at least a name? Because of that I almost forgot to check it out. If you don't mind, I'll repost it (crediting you, of course) with much more elements a bit later. Thank you!

Sirusjr: Excellent idea to post those in flac. I forgot to say when you first posted it that I'm quite impressed by Quest for a Heart. The orchestral writing in the action cues, notably, is very well done. Nice score.

Grand Shriner

Wink

garcia27: Thx for the The Eaters Of The Dead, to be honest I believe that Revell hasn't the 10th of Goldsmith's talent (easy on percussions, dude!)
    Agree

Grand Shriner
    DOCTOR ZHIVAGO: THE ESSENTIAL MAURICE JARRE FILM MUSIC COLLECTION
    MAURICE JARRE

Today Maurice Jarre has passed away. Here you can find his best themes:

Over the last decade, Maurice Jarre has gone from being one the top practitioners of his craft, with dozens of hit movies and awards from all and sundry, to being the forgotten man of film music. Jarre has not composed a major score for over five years - the last being his Golden Globe winning A Walk In The Clouds in 1995 - and he is greatly in danger of being overlooked by a whole generation of film music fans the extent of whose knowledge is limited mainly to music of the 1990s. Such an omission would be unforgivable as Jarre is, of course, responsible for some of the greatest themes the cinema has ever known, and boasts amongst his filmography such unforgettable epics as Lawrence of Arabia, Doctor Zhivago and Ryan's Daughter. In that sense the world was probably due for a reminder of Jarre's vast talent, and this new double CD from Silva Screen certainly does the job.

As is often the case with Silva, the majority of this album is made up of existing material culled from their vast re-recording archives, and which has been already released in some form or another on one of their many and varied compilations over the years. But, as always with the Camden crew, it is the sheer volume of music and the quality of the finished product that more than makes up for the jaded familiarity of most of it. In truth, I doubt very much whether Doctor Zhivago: The Essential Maurice Jarre Film Music Collection will be of much use to hard core collectors such as myself who, with a few exceptions, will probably already own most of the music included. Instead, this is a composer retrospective for the mass market.

Taken on those terms, the package is on the whole a marvellous one, although the presentation is a step below that which we are used to - James Fitzpatrick's notes are more than adequate, but what's with the streaky silver cover art? The City of Prague Philharmonic are as dependable and workmanlike as they always are, and with Paul Bateman wielding the baton the conducting is a notch above what we are used to. And, of course, the music is uniformly excellent, with several tracks meriting special acknowledgement. At some point in the future, it will surely read "Here lies Maurice Jarre, composer of Doctor Zhivago and Lawrence of Arabia" on the composer's headstone. It is for these two scores that Jarre is most well known and, appropriately, the album devotes a large proportion of its running time to both of them - 17 minutes for Lawrence, 12 for Zhivago. The thunderous percussion opening and broad, sweeping, sun-kissed theme of the former is the stuff of film music legend, while the latter's striking cimbalom-led melody went on to become both a critical and commercial hit, as well as bagging an Oscar for its composer.

The vast majority of Jarre's other famous works are included. The rapturous 'Barn Raising' cue from the Amish murder-mystery Witness is heard twice, both in its original electronic form and re-orchestrated for a full symphony, and there are celebratory performances of the old fashioned foxtrot 'Adela's Theme' from A Passage To India, the superb accompaniment he wrote for the epic TV mini-series Jesus of Nazareth, the heartbreaking closing motif from the 1990 hit Ghost, the dangerously attractive woodwind melody from Fatal Attraction, and a lengthy suite of the subtly Irish-flavoured melancholy he wrote for David Lean's classic Ryan's Daughter. Equally impressive are the knockabout main themes from the westerns Villa Rides and Red Sun, and the soaring finale from Wolfgang Peterson's underrated science fiction parable Enemy Mine, which gradually grows to feature a extraordinary gurgling choir and a lush string orchestra, augmented by appropriately atmospheric synthesised textures.

In addition to these, and despite the fact that most of the album is culled from existing material, there were still a few scores that were new to me. I was especially impressed with the stark, solitary music for the 1968 movie The Fixer, which was written mainly for percussion and solo violin, and boasts a desolate, almost inhuman quality that reminds one a little of Schindler's List. At the other end of the scale, Jarre's thunderous action music for the 1985 Mel Gibson vehicle Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome is all out orchestral warfare, fuelled by a huge brass section, a mass of percussion, a lovely choir, and a dense yet heroic central theme.

Having said that, and although they mark important points in Jarre's career, I personally would have preferred it if Silva had left off the bland synth lines of The Mosquito Coast, The Year of Living Dangerously and No Way Out, and instead included a couple of themes from his less well-known orchestral works - Mohammed Messenger of God, Grand Prix, the lovely Prancer, or some of his early French works perhaps? It has always been a sore point with me the way in which Jarre seems to have embraced synthesised music for convenience rather than for any particular musical reason, especially in scores such as Dead Poets Society, which would have benefited enormously from increased orchestral content. But that is a discussion for another time, as it really has no bearing on the overall quality of the CD, and has nothing to do with Silva or Mark Ayres either.

For Jarre novices, or for anyone with limited funds who would appreciate a decent overview of his career to date, Doctor Zhivago: The Essential Maurice Jarre Film Music Collection is a worthwhile purchase. All the important landmarks of his career are covered, the styles are wide and varied, and the performances are good enough to be comparable with the originals. At the time of writing, Jarre has just been signed to score a new film in 2000 - Sunshine - which will also have a soundtrack album to accompany it. With that score, and this collection, it could be that Maurice is finally being welcomed back into the fold where he belongs.

Track Listing:

DISC ONE

* Overture from Lawrence of Arabia (4:25)
    * Suite from Doctor Zhivago (9:11)
    * Adela's Theme from A Passage to India (2:23)
    * Suite from Jesus of Nazareth (8:21)
    * End Credits from Ghost (4:26)
    * Main Theme from Villa Rides (3:28)
    * Suite from The Fixer (7:11)
    * Fanfare/I Ain't Captain Walker from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (5:00)
    * Main Title/The Samurai from Red Sun (6:59)
    * March from Topaz (2:36)
    * Allie's Theme from The Mosquito Coast (3:34)
    * Kwan's Sacrifice from The Year of Living Dangerously (4:03)
    * Building the Barn from Witness (5:01)
    * The Paris Waltz from Is Paris Burning? (3:50)

DISC TWO

* Lara's Theme from Doctor Zhivago (3:17)
    * Suite from Ryan's Daughter (8:53)
    * Overture from The Professionals (5:23)
    * Theme from Fatal Attraction (4:59)
    * Suite from The Tin Drum (6:56)
    * Main Title from No Way Out (3:29)
    * Suite from Enemy Mine (9:25)
    * Theme from The Night of the Generals (3:53)
    * Main Title from El Condor (3:20)
    * Theme from The Man Who Would Be King (4:24)
    * Building the Barn - Orchestral Version from Witness (4:39)
    * Suite from Lawrence of Arabia (12:58)

Running Time: 143 minutes 01 seconds

Silva Screen FILMXCD-324 (2000)

Music composed by Maurice Jarre. Conducted by Paul Bateman, Nic Raine and Tony Bremner. Performed by The City of Prague Philharmonic, The Philharmonia Orchestra and The Crouch End Festival Chorus. Orchestrations by Gerard Schurmann, Christopher Palmer, Patrick Russ, Nic Raine, Paul Bateman and Mike Townend. Electronic music arranged and performed by Mark Ayres. Choir conducted by David Temple. Recorded and mixed by John L. Timperley. Edited and mastered by Gareth Williams and Ian Shepherd. Album produced by James Fitzpatrick.

@Sirus
    You are very welcome, too ^____^
    Oh it's a shame, i don't have more soundtracks from him, too. but look here (his side): [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Oh yeah, i have a sample from a movie 'Arn - The Knight Templar', composer is Tuomas Kantalinen
    PS. I bought the soundtrack to arn ^^
    Oh yes Arn Knight Templar is great and mindhunters is pretty good as well. I have mp3s of those but haven't found them to purchase anywhere. Please link where you bought it!

Also Garcia - Thanks for the sampler, I actually hadn't heard of Maurice Jarre until people posted about his death.

Video Game Music Composer
    Thank you very much for the Maurice Jarre collection, Garcia. A timely gift.

Glad you had a good weekend, Billie

Wow, I was really sad to hear that Maurice Jarre passed away. I really love his music and the world's lost yet another of its wonderful composers

Quote Originally Posted by Sirusjr View Post
    Please link where you bought it!
    I bought the Soundtrack at amazon.de, the link: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Oh, Maurice Jarre passed away...it's so sad, his music is really georgeous.

@JRL3001
    Thanks ^^
    How was your weekend?

and the other here:

Thank you very much for the persons, they gave us these two great soundtracks
    it says it's down for drammatica

is there another place to get it?
    ret

Onion Kid
    Try this one, there's a lot of flute, it's mostly joyful, and some tracks even have an orchestra. Great stuff.
    [CENTER]The Instruments Of Classical Music Vol 1: The Flute
    Do you happen to have more albums from the series "The Instruments of Classical Music"?