Page 50 of 597 FirstFirst ... 404445464748495051525354555660100150550 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 14907
Like Tree5492Likes

Thread: THE BIG ORCHESTRAL ACTION MUSIC THREAD!

a sweet little girlypuppydog Billie781's Avatar
    okay, but when you need my help, i'm right here ^^
    Don't walk in front of me! I will not follow. Don't walk behind me! I will not lead you. Just walk next to me and be my friend.
    .¸.¸¤**¤.¸.¤**¤.¸..¸.¸¤**¤.¸.¤**¤.¸.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] ♥ * ~

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] ♥ ♪.¸.¸¤*

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Billie781 View Post
    Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, i'm glad to see you all
    I have a animalistic gift for you

The Animalistic Soundtrack by Billie (sorry for the really big picture)

01 Main Title from 'Black Beauty', composed by Danny Elfman -> oppressive, graceful, fluent
    02 Flicka Comes Home from 'Flicka', composed by Aaron Zigman -> calm, fluent, proud
    03 Escape from N.I.M.H from 'The Secret of Nimh', composed by Jerry Goldsmith -> busy, mysterious
    04 Opening Escape from 'Chicken Run', composed by Harry Gregson-Williams -> gigantic, powerful
    05 Seal Ballet from 'Andre', composed by Bruce Rowland -> warm, graceful
    06 Eight Below Overture from 'Eight Below', composed by Mark Isham -> vivid, grand
    07 A Big Ending from 'Horton Hears A Who!', composed by John Powell -> grand, powerful
    08 A Fateful Meeting from 'King Kong', composed by James Newton-Howard -> warm, driving, curious
    09 A New Family from 'Free Willy 3', composed by Cliff Eidelman -> warm, graceful, hopeful
    10 Dieses Land (This Land) from 'The Lion King', composed by Hans Zimmer -> powerful, mighty, grand
    11 Moby Dick Theme from 'Moby Dick', composed by Christopher Gordon -> impressive, grand
    12 Main Title from 'Seabiscuit', composed by Randy Newman -> calm, fluent, sad
    13 End Credits - The Rescuers Down Under from 'The Rescuers Down Under', composed by Bruce Broughton -> vivid, cheerful

Excellent and very original subject for this compilation, Billie. Here are my favs:

Black Beauty: Wonderful! This is a facet of Elfman we don't hear often. Most of the time he does epic, (super) heroic, action-filled scores. This cue reminds us that he can also compose Horner-like beautiful pastoral cues.

Andre: It's a great discovery. I didn't know this score and this composer. Marvellous warm, heartfelt piece.

Eight Below: Isham is mostly known for his jazzy / electronic music, but here he shows us he can also write for an orchestra, and pretty nicely.

King Kong: what can I say? JNH shows us once again that he's among Hollywood's best composers with this very subtle and gracious piece.

Moby Dick: this piece is masterfully composed and performed. As I don't know Christopher Gordon, I googled his name and found out that he has a very big oeuvre! Concert music, events music, arrangements... Please visit his site, it's impressive: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is my

Special Romantic Compilation

with a really relaxing background ^^, but maybe a little bit to sad

01 Empty Store, composed by George Fenton, 'You´ve got Mail' -> calm, fluent, warm (2:51)
    02 A Happy Ending, composed by Randy Edelman , 'While You Were Sleeping' -> warm, cheerful, gentle (2:22)
    03 My Annies Gone, composed by Alan Silvestri, 'Father Of The Bride' -> sad, warm, gentle (1:18)
    04 Jane's Home, composed by Basil Poledouris, 'For Love Of The Game' -> fluent, gentle, graceful (04:52)
    05 First Kiss, composed by John Debney, 'Cutthroat Island' -> gentle, warm, loving (01:55)
    06 A Happy Ending, composed by Mark Knopfler, 'The Princess Bride' -> warm, sweet, gentle (01:54)
    07 Farewell, composed by Miklos Rozsa, 'Ivanhoe' -> gentle, sad, loving, mysterious (02:35)
    08 I Want You (Love Theme), composed by James Newton-Howard, 'French Kiss' -> dolce, gentle, warm (02:05)
    09 Putting It All Together, composed by John Williams, 'Stanley & Iris' -> warm, affable, gentle (01:46)
    10 I Met Someone, composed by Nicholas Pike, 'Return To Me' -> sad, loving, gentle (03:43)
    11 Maestro, composed by Hans Zimmer, 'The Holiday' -> hopeful, gentle, cheerful (03:53)
    12 Sibylla, composed by Harry Gregson-Williams, 'Kingdom Of Heaven' -> heavy, sad, gentle (with Choir) (01:51)
    13 End Titles, composed by Angelo Badalamenti, 'A Long Engagement' -> sad, fluent, graceful (06:53)
    14 End Title, composed by Andrew Powell, 'Ladyhawke' -> mighty, warm, powerful (05:53)

Another great compilation. Sometimes a bit too sad and slow for me, but the music is excellent anyway.

Cutthroat Island: Debney revisits the Golden Age Classics with this piece (and this whole score too). He does it with such a talent that it's almost too good.

The Holiday: yes, you red this correctly, a Zimmer piece is among my favs! Seriously, this piece is ravishing, and the use of high strings at 1:42 is chilling.

Kingdom of Heaven: the medieval and religious tone of this piece makes it very interesting. Good intimistic, emotional piece.

Ladyhawke: although the presence of a modern beat is rather... surprising for such a medieval movie score, the music is very melodious and cheerful, so it's quite enjoyable presented out of context.

Grand Shriner
    First, one of my favorites Gordon's themes:

And now some stuff:

On The Beach

Track listing

1. The World At War (04:07)
    Part I: "On The USS Charleston"
    2. A New Day (01:22)
    3. A Matter Of Months (00:56)
    4. Melbourne Decays (01:46)
    5. Decommission (01:39)
    6. Nordstrom's Theory (01:08)
    7. Through The Darkness (02:26)
    Part II: "Melbourne"
    8. Moira And Towers Meet (02:36)
    9. Christmas Memory (01:17)
    10. On The Jetty (01:45)
    11. The Great Ocean Road (04:03)
    12. The Beginning Of The End (01:03)
    Part III: "On the Beach"
    13. Prepare To Dive (01:29)
    14. Voyage North (03:15)
    15. Anchorage (05:46)
    Part IV: "Message From The North"
    16. Alien Landscape (04:52)
    17. Swain Returns Home (03:24)
    18. The Vote (02:29)
    19. At The Taj Mahal (00:49)
    Part V: "San Francisco"
    20. Homecoming (00:48)
    21. Hirsch (03:51)
    22. Flight Through The Apostles/Elegy (05:57)
    23. Final Farewells (04:55)
    24. Lacrimosa (02:53)
    25. Lux Perpetua (02:25)
    26. From The Beach, Silently Weeping (06:34)
    Part VI: "The Burial Cloud"

Total Duration: 01:13:35

Moby Dick

Track listing

1. Call Me Ishmael (02:36)
    2. Queequeg (01:49)
    3. Silhouettes (01:28)
    4. Nantucket Docks (01:03)
    5. The Pequod (01:19)
    6. The Harpooner (00:36)
    7. Jonah And The Whale (02:03)
    8. Farwell (00:24)
    9. The Voyage Begins (01:54)
    10. Devoured, It Was (01:50)
    11. The Crow's Nest (01:41)
    12. Alah (00:46)
    13. This Gold Ounce (00:59)
    14. An Indissoluble League (02:26)
    15. The God Fugitive (01:10)
    16. I Am The Prophet (00:55)
    17. Beware The Blashermer's End (01:17)
    18. There She Blows! (04:30)
    19. The Devil Himself (01:46)
    20. Midnight Sea (04:25)
    21. Man Overboard (02:12)
    22. Ye Hairy-Hearted Ghouls (01:34)
    23. Bad Magic (01:39)
    24. Onward To Nowhere (01:43)
    25. Ice (03:10)
    26. Ye Shall Will It! (01:30)
    27. Queequeg's Prophecy (00:46)
    28. Captain Pip (01:04)
    29. The Shadow Of A Knife (01:05)
    30. Apparition (01:02)
    31. At The Helm (02:08)
    32. St. Elmo's Fire (03:22)
    33. Forty Years (03:43)
    34. Lower The Boats (02:07)
    35. The Pilot (01:28)
    36. Fate's Luitenant (01:34)
    37. Eternal Rest (00:56)
    38. Queequeg's Death (01:31)
    39. The Pequod Burns (01:33)
    40. Orphan Of The Sea (01:06)
    41. Moby Dick Theme (02:01)

Total Duration: 01:12:11

Melbourne 2006 - The Opening Ceremony

Track List

01 - Countdown.Mp3 00:49 Christopher Gordon
    02 - Journey To The Stadium.Mp3 02:21 Christopher Gordon
    03 - Welcome To The Mcg.Mp3 03:26 Christopher Gordon
    04 - Raising Of The 3 Nation Flags.Mp3 01:12 Christopher Gordon
    05 - The Arrival Of The Head Of The Commonwealth.Mp3 02:10 Christopher Gordon
    06 - The National Anthem.Mp3 01:52 Christopher Gordon
    07 - Welcome To Melbourne.Mp3 04:58 Christopher Gordon
    08 - Boy On The Bay.Mp3 08:18 Christopher Gordon
    10 - Under The Milky Way.Mp3 06:14 Christopher Gordon
    12 - Queen's Baton Relay.Mp3 02:42 Christopher Gordon
    13 - Raising Of The Cgf Flag.Mp3 03:42 Christopher Gordon
    15 - Finale.Mp3 03:24 Christopher Gordon

Salem's Lot

Track listing

1. SALEM'S LOT ARIA (06:25)
    Lisa Gerrard & Patrick Cassidy
    2. THANKSGIVING (03:19)
    3. JERUSALEM'S LOT (02:48)
    4. IN THE WOODS (02:25)
    5. STRAKER (02:49)
    6. DUD AND BARLOW (02:58)
    7. EVA'S STORY (03:54)
    8. MIKE RYERSON (08:28)
    9. BLOODY PIRATES (03:04)
    10. MARK'S ESCAPE (03:11)
    Gordon/Gerard
    11. APPROACHING THE MANSION (02:31)
    12. IN THE CELLAR (04:34)
    13. CONVERTING THE PRIEST (05:31)
    Gordon/Gerard
    14. BARLOW (02:31)
    15. MUTANS EVAE NOMEN and THE MANSION BURNS (04:03)
    16. FREE IN SPIRIT (02:25)
    Gerard
    17. SALEM'S LOT THEME (02:10)
    Gordon/Gerard

Total Duration: 01:03:06

Master and Commander

Track listing

1. The Far Side of the World (09:19)
    2. Into the Fog (02:12)
    3. Violin Concerto No. 3 "Strassburg" K.216, 3rd Movement (01:19)
    Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
    4. The Cuckold Came Out of the Amery (Traditional) (03:27)
    5. Smoke N'Oakum (05:27)
    6. Fantsia On a Theme ByThomas Tallia (05:14)
    Composed by Ralph Vaughan Williams
    7. Adagio From Concerto Grosso Op. 6, No. 8 in G Minor (01:56)
    Composed by Arcangelo Corelli
    8. The Doldrums (02:46)
    9. Prelude (From the Unaccompanied Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007) (02:28)
    Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach
    10. The Galapagos (01:39)
    11. Folk Melody Traditional (05:12)
    O'Sullivan's March, The Cuckold Comes Out of the Amery, Mothern Hen, Mary Scott, Nancy Dawson
    12. The Phasmid (02:34)
    Contains elements of Ghost of Time and Endless Ocean
    13. The Battle (05:07)
    14. La Musica Notturna Delle Strade De Madrid, No. 6, Op. 30 (09:23)
    Composed by Luigi Boccherini
    15. Full Circle (01:36)

Total Duration: 00:59:39

Christopher Gordon Unreleased Titles

Track list

01 - Ward 13 - Suite.mp3 12:23 Christopher Gordon
    02 - Credeaux Canvas (Anna Torv, Vocal).mp3 02:33 Christopher Gordon
    03 - Up In The Sky.mp3 04:16 Christopher Gordon
    04 - Theme From Milk.mp3 04:05 Christopher Gordon
    05 - Baba's Birthday - Movement 1.mp3 02:18 Christopher Gordon
    06 - Baba's Birthday - Movement 2.mp3 07:08 Christopher Gordon
    07 - Baba's Birthday - Movement 3.mp3 02:24 Christopher Gordon
    08 - Much Ado About Something - Even In The Mouths Of Men (Sanctus).mp3 01:23 Christopher Gordon
    09 - Much Ado About Something - Canterbury.mp3 01:02 Christopher Gordon
    10 - Much Ado About Something - The Apostates.mp3 01:36 Christopher Gordon
    11 - Much Ado About Something - The Hand That Writ.mp3 00:41 Christopher Gordon
    12 - Much Ado About Something - Dawn At Stratford.mp3 01:22 Christopher Gordon
    13 - Much Ado About Something - As You Like It.mp3 02:40 Christopher Gordon
    14 - Much Ado About Something - The Globe Theatre.mp3 01:11 Christopher Gordon
    15 - Much Ado About Something - But Be Contented.mp3 02:06 Christopher Gordon
    16 - Much Ado About Something - My Name Be Buried.mp3 04:15 Christopher Gordon
    17 - Much Ado About Something - The Coward Conquest.mp3 04:46 Christopher Gordon
    18 - Much Ado About Something - No Longer Mourn For Me.mp3 01:12 Christopher Gordon
    19 - Much Ado About Something - My Spirit Is Thine.mp3 00:17 Christopher Gordon
    20 - Much Ado About Something - And This With Thee Remains.mp3 03:27 Christopher Gordon

Interesting post Garcia27, never heard of Christopher Gordon. I loved Master and Commander and one of those has lisa gerard so i'll give them a listen!
    Loveliness, Elegance, and Nobility Compilations
    Angela Aki Discography
    Kokia discography
    Sun Yanzi Discography
    Toshihiko Sahashi Thread

Garcia: extremely impressive post! And very, very much appreciated because after having listened to Billie's post, I really wanted to hear more from Christopher Gordon.

Your post has a perfect timing and really brings a lot to this thread and to the people frequenting it.

Bravo, my friend!

wow, so much music-stuff, i'm in heaven

okay, i have a new compilation for you ^^ (only animestuff)

World Masterpiece Theater Compilation

01 from 'Watashi no Ashinaga Ojisan' or the english title 'Daddy-Long-Legs' -> vivid, deep, beautiful, graceful
    02 from 'Watashi no Ashinaga Ojisan' or the english title 'Daddy-Long-Legs' -> beautiful, cheerful, hovering
    03 from 'Haha wo Tazunete Sanzen Ri' or the english title '3000 Leagues in Search of Mother' -> brightful expactant, vivid (a really little orchestra, only a guitar and a flute)
    04 from 'Haha wo Tazunete Sanzen Ri' or the english title '3000 Leagues in Search of Mother' -> gentle, hopeful, sad (a really little orchestra, only a guitar and a flute)
    05 from 'Akage no An' or the english title 'Anne of Green Gables' -> gentle, sad, hovering (the first part until to the middle from the file played only a guitar)
    06 from 'Akage no An' or the english title 'Anne of Green Gables' -> gentle, graceful, sweet
    07 from 'Trapp Ikka Monogatari' or the english title 'Trapp Family Story' -> expactant, gentle, sad, cheerful
    08 from 'Trapp Ikka Monogatari' or the english title 'Trapp Family Story' -> gentle, lovely, nostalgia
    09 from 'Wakakusa Monogatari Nan to Jousensei' or the english title 'Tale of Young Grass: Nan and Miss Jo' -> gentle, sad, lovely
    10 from 'Wakakusa Monogatari Nan to Jousensei' or the english title 'Tale of Young Grass: Nan and Miss Jo' -> hopeful, expactant, narrative
    11 from 'Nanatsu no Umi no Tico' or the english title 'Tico of the Seven Seas' -> cheerful, vivid, merry
    12 from 'Nanatsu no Umi no Tico' or the english title 'Tico of the Seven Seas' -> sad, farewell, graceful
    13 from 'Purinsesu Sera' or the english title 'Princess Sarah' -> sweet, sad, slow
    14 from 'Purinsesu Sera' or the english title 'Princess Sarah' -> sad, deep, gentle

Info to the Anime Watashi no Ashinaga Ojisan (Track 1 + 2)(Wikipedia)

My Daddy Long Legs (私のあしながおじさん, Watashi No Ashinaga Ojisan) is a 1990 Japanese anime television series based on the novel Daddy-Long-Legs written by Jean Webster. The series was awarded the Excellent Movie Award for Television by the Japanese Agency of Cultural Affairs for Children in 1990.

Webster's story had been adapted into anime previously by Tatsunoko Productions in 1979 to the TV special Ashinaga Ojisan, which was directed by Masakazu Higuchi. The aforementioned special was dubbed in English and released in the US and is otherwise unrelated to this television series.

Premise

Judy Abbott is an orphan who has been given the opportunity to study at the prestigious Lincoln Memorial high school by a mysterious benefactor whom she only knows as "John Smith". She has only seen his shadow once, and because of his long legs, she calls him "Daddy Long Legs". The only payment she is to give her benefactor is that she write him letters every month, with no expectation of them being responded to[1].

The anime covers 3 years of Judy's life, starting with her leaving the John Grier Home orphanage, and ending with her finishing high school.

Info to the Anime Haha wo Tazunete Sanzen Ri (Track 3 + 4) (Wikipedia)
    3000 Leagues in Search of Mother (母をたずねて三千里, Haha o Tazunete Sanzenri) is an anime series directed by Isao Takahata and aired in 1976. It is loosely based on a small part of the novel Heart (Cuore) by Edmondo De Amicis, i.e. the monthly tale (racconto mensile) From the Apennines to the Andes (Dagli Appennini alle Ande), widely expanded into a 52-episode epic.

The series was broadcast on the World Masterpiece Theater, an animation staple that showcased each year an animated version of a different classical book or story, and was originally titled "From the Apennines to the Andes". Nippon Animation, producers of the World Masterpiece Theater, would adapt Cuore into a second TV anime series in 1981, although this second series was not part of the WMT.

A summarization movie was released in the 1980s using edited footage from the TV run. Nippon Animation also re-animated 3000 Leagues as a feature-length film in 1999, with a theme song performed by Scottish pop superstar Sheena Easton ("Catch a Dream").

The series was dubbed into several languages and became an instant success in some countries, such as Portugal, Brazil, Spain, Venezuela, Chile, the Arab world and Israel. In Hebrew, the series is called HaLev, meaning The Heart (the name of the novel which the series is based on). In some European and in Latin American countries the series is simply known as Marco, in Arabic the series was a huge success , it was called " Wada'an Marco ","وداعاً ماركو"," Goodbye Marco".

Plot

The plot of the series focuses on Marco, a young boy who lives with his family in the harbor city of Genoa, Italy during a depression period in 1881. Marco's father, Pietro Rossi, is a doctor that dedicates his time to treating poor patients, and therefore the family has financial difficulties. His beloved mother, Anna Rossi, goes to Argentina to work as a maid to earn money for Marco. When the letters from his mother stop coming after an indication that she is sick, Marco fears the worst for his mother's fate, and since his father is too busy working in his clinic and his older brother Tonio was sent off to train as a locomotive driver in Milano, he is the only one free enough to go search for her.

Marco takes with him his older brother's pet monkey, Amedeo and together they sneak aboard the Andrea Dora, a ship bound for Brazil. In Brazil Marco boards an immigrant ship and finally arrives in Buenos Aires, where he meets a puppeteer called Peppino and his family, whom he knew from Genoa. They accompany him to Bahía Blanca in order to try and locate his mother.

In Bahía Blanca he discovers his uncle stole the letters which his mother had sent him. He returns to Buenos Aires, and sails off on a ship to Rosario, there he tries to figure out how to get on a train to Córdoba. Marco's Italian friends collect enough money and buy him a train ticket. Marco arrives in Córdoba, and successfully manages to locate the agricultural engineer Mister Mequinez. He tells Marco that his mother works for his brother in Tucumán, and gives him enough money for a train ticket. But Marco ends up giving the money to a Doctor to save the life of a poor girl he meets. Marco sneaks on the train but he gets caught and tossed off the train in the middle of nowhere. A group of travelling gipsies rescue him and give him an old donkey.

After a few days the donkey dies and Marco continues to walk to Tucumán by foot. He eventually arrives to his destination hungry and tired and finds his mother. His mother is very sick and needs an operation but she is too weak. As soon as she sees Marco she strengthens and she manage to pass to surgery successfully. At the end of the series Marco and his mother return to Genoa where the family is reunited.

Info to the Anime Akage no An (Track 5 + 6) (Wikipedia)
    Anne of Green Gables'' (赤毛のアン, Akage no An?, literally "Red-haired Anne") is an animated television series, part of Nippon Animation's World Masterpiece Theater. It was adapted from the novel Anne of Green Gables by Canadian writer Lucy Maud Montgomery. Produced by Nippon Animation in 1979, it was first broadcast on Fuji TV from January 7, 1979 to December 30, 1979. Fifty episodes were produced in total.[1]

It has been exported to neighbouring Asian countries and also to Europe and Canada (Anna dai capelli rossi in Italian, Anne la maison aux pignons verts in French, Ana de las tejas verdes in Spanish, Ana dos Cabelos Ruivos in Portuguese and Anne mit den roten Haaren in German). As with the novels, the animated version of Anne is much beloved in Japan to this day.

Story

Anne Shirley, a girl raised in an orphanage, is accidentally sent to Miss Marilla Cuthbert and Mr. Matthew Cuthbert, who had originally requested a boy. She gradually becomes an irreplaceable member of their family.

Info to the Anime Trapp Ikka Monogatari (Track 7 + 8) (Wikipedia)
    Trapp Family Story (トラップ一家物語, Torappu Ikka Monogatari) is a Japanese anime series from 1991 by Nippon Animation.

It was based on the novel The Story of the Trapp Family Singers by Maria von Trapp, which has also inspired the world famous musical The Sound of Music.

Info to the Anime Wakakusa Monogatari Nan to Josensei (Track 9 + 10) (Wikipedia)
    Little Women II: Jo's Boys, also known as Wakakusa Monogatari Nan to Jō Sensei (若草物語ナンとジョー先生, Wakakusa Monogatari Nan to Jō Sensei "Tale of Young Grass: Nan and Miss Jo") is a 1993 Japanese animated television series based on Louisa May Alcott's Little Men, produced by Nippon Animation. The series is the sequel to the studio's 1987 Little Women, an adaptation of Alcott's novel of the same name.

Plot

Josephine March has grown into womanhood about ten years since "Little Women" and is now married to the German Professor, Friedrich Bhaer. In the Plumfield farm-house that Aunt March had left her, Jo Bhaer has established a new school for her two sons, Robby and Teddy, nephews and a gang of orphaned children including Nan Harding and a rough, street-wise adolescent named Dan. With the experience of a model childhood and a faithful and caring husband, Jo guides her pupils in their young lives; with song, music and play, the children are led through the joys and sorrows of life, work and play, rewards and punishments, getting involved in all sorts of mischief and adventure.

Info to the Anime Nanatsu No Umi No Tico (Track 11 + 12) (Wikipedia and Anime News Network)
    Tico of the Seven Seas (七つの海のティコ, Nanatsu no Umi no Tiko) is a Japanese anime series by Nippon Animation. It is about a girl of eleven with her best friend Tico, a female orca.

Plot

Nanami Simpson is a young girl. Her mother dies when she is young, and she goes to live with her Father, Scott Simpson, on board a Marine Research Vessel , the Peperonchino. Her Father is a Marine Biologist, and he is in search of a creature known as the Glowing Whale. When He finds the bones of one of these, he is saddened, and resolves to change his mission towards preserving and caring for the creatures. Nanami befriends an Orca which she names Tico, and She goes swimming with it every day. Eventually, she learns to breathe Underwater which astounds her Father. Nanami nearly drowns one day, and one of the glowing whales saves her from certain death and returns her to the vessel, where her Father finally gets to see it.

Info to the Anime Purinsesu Sēra (Track 13 + 14) (Wikipedia)
    Princess Sarah (小公女セーラ, Purinsesu Sēra?) was a 1985 Japanese anime series produced by Nippon Animation, based on Frances Hodgson Burnett's novel, A Little Princess. Spanning 46 episodes, it originally premiered in 1985 across Japan on Fuji Television as the 11th series of Nippon Animation's famous World Masterpiece Theater staple.

It was also later aired across huddersfield by the anime television network, Animax, who also later broadcast the series across its respective networks worldwide, including its English language networks in Southeast Asia and South Asia, dubbing and translating the series into English. Animax's adaptation was the series' only English translation, and the series has yet to be commercially released in the United States. It was translated to many different languages including French, Italian, Arabic and Spanish.

In the Philippines, it was aired by ABS-CBN in the early 1990s, and was a runaway success, even spawning a live action movie and a teleserye.

In the Pan-Arab region, it became the most successful anime based on a novel adaptation in the 90s.

This anime has been selected by voters as one of the best and most popular 100 japaneese anime of all times by tv asahi

Story

Princess Sarah tells the story of Sarah Crewe, a young daughter of a wealthy British family in Huddersfield, who starts attending an all-girl's boarding school in London, where she excels in her studies and is loved deeply by many of her friends and classmates. However, tragedy soon strikes when Sarah's father passes away and her family goes bankrupt, leaving her to be a poor orphan. The school's headmistress, Miss Minchin, takes advantage of this situation and makes her a maid in the school, trying hard to make her life as miserable as possible. However, Sarah, with the help of her friends, perseveres and tries to endure all her hardships until redemption comes at last.

and thank you for the sweet comments, my friend arthierr *HUUUUUG*

I'm sorry.
    Wrong post. Forgive me.

---
    My music & soundtrack collection....still updating!!

"Music is both the cause and the effect of universal harmony" - Confucius

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is my

Special Romantic Compilation

with a really relaxing background ^^, but maybe a little bit to sad

Billie, i listened a couple of times your compilation.
    You focused more at light and happy love themes, with most of the tracks based around piano and woodwinds, which creates that warm and familiar mood.
    I especially liked the Poledouris track, and "A Happy Ending" by Mark Knopfler.
    Overall a very nice compliation you made, perfectly adequate for those sunny afternoon walks on the park

I'm really glad, that you like my romantic compilation, sanico ^^

here is an another soundtrack, for the animal lover under us XD

Walt Disney Pictures Presents BOLT (heroic, mighty, graceful)

Track listing

01. I Thought I Lost You (03:36) performed by Miley Cyrus & John Travolta
    02. Barking at the Moon (03:17) performed by Jenny Lewis
    03. Meet Bolt (01:49)
    04. Bolt Transforms (01:00)
    05. Scooter Chase (02:29)
    06. New York (01:44)
    07. Meet Mittens (01:25)
    08. The RV Park (02:14)
    09. A Fast Train (02:38)
    10. Where Were You on St. Rhino's Day? (01:58)
    11. Sing-Along Rhino (00:42)
    12. Saving Mittens (01:02)
    13. House on Wheels (03:07)
    14. Las Vegas (02:01)
    15. Friend in Need (01:13)
    16. Rescuing Penny (03:09)
    17. A Real Live Superbark (00:46)
    18. Unbelievable TV (01:20)
    19. Home at Last / Barking at the Moon (Reprise) (01:29)

Total Duration: 00:36:59

Information to the movie ->> [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Romantic Compilation

And this is another romantic compilation.
    I added just only one track per composer, which was a bit hard to choose because i left so many good tracks that could be here.
    Anyway hope you like it.

1. Ilia's Theme from Star Trek: The Motion Picture by Jerry Goldsmith
    2. Shipping News from The Shipping News by Christopher Young
    3. Wifeing from Conan The Barbarian by Basil Poledouris
    4. Spartacus Love Theme from Spartacus by Alex North
    5. Comptine D'un Autre Été: L'après Midi from Le Fabuleux Destin D'Amélie Poulain by Yann Tiersen
    6. Amarcord from Amarcord by Nino Rota
    7. Moon River from Breakfast At Tiffany's by Henry Mancini
    8. Nobody Does It Better (Instrumental) from The Spy Who Loved Me by Marvin Hamlisch
    9. Lovers (Flower Garden) from House Of Flying Daggers by Shigeru Umebayashi
    10. Love In Distance from Hero by Tan Dun
    11. Love Remembered from Bram Stoker's Dracula by Wojciech Kilar
    12. Lara Says Goodbye To Yuri from Doctor Zhivago by Maurice Jarre
    13. Love Theme From Superman from Superman by John Williams
    14. Kowloon Bay from Tomorrow Never Dies by David Arnold
    15. Paul Meets Chani from Dune by Toto
    16. The Kiss from Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within by Elliot Goldenthal
    17. Conversation Piece from North By Northwest by Bernard Herrmann
    18. Esther from Ben-Hur by Miklós Rózsa
    19. Somewhere In Time from Somewhere In Time by John Barry
    20. C'era Una Volta Il West from Once Upon A Time In The West by Ennio Morricone

I see your bolt and raise you a Tale of Despereaux by William Ross (Heroic, Epic, Grand)

A little info on William Ross (Couldn't find any reviews of the soundtrack itself)
    A talented composer, conductor, orchestrator and arranger, William Ross began his career as an arranger in the pop and rock world, and over the years has worked with artists ranging from as Barbra Streisand, Johnny Mathis, Michael Jackson and Barry Manilow to Celine Dion, LeAnn Rimes, Jennifer Lopez, Whitney Houston and Cher. He first entered the film music world in the late 1980s, writing episodic scores for TV shows such as "McGyver", "Matlock", "Beauty and the Beast", and Steven Spielberg's "Tiny Toon Adventures", before moving into feature films primarily as an orchestrator for Alan Silvestri. Having made a name for himself working with Silvestri on successful films such as “The Bodyguard”, “Father of the Bride”, “Death Becomes Her”, Ross quickly became one of the most in-demand orchestrators in Hollywood, and subsequently worked on numerous high-profile films with composers ranging from Danny Elfman, Michael Kamen and Christopher Young to Bruce Broughton and David Newman. During this time, Ross undertook occasional scoring assignments on his own, achieving modest success with titles such as "Look Who's Talking Now" (1993), "The Little Rascals" (1994), "Tin Cup" (1996), "The Evening Star" (1996) and "My Dog Skip" (2000), but really came into his own in 2002 when he wrote the score for "Tuck Everlasting", and adapted and conducted John Williams's music for the second Harry Potter film, "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets". Now concentrating primarily on composing, he has since written the music for a number of successful films, notably “Ladder 49” (2004) and “The Game of Their Lives”, while continuing to collaborate with Alan Silvestri (they have now worked together on over 40 films!) Away from film music, Ross is also a prolific composer of music for theme parks, having completed assignments for Disneyland, Sony Entertainment in Germany, and Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Virginia. He wrote a ballet, "Blue Suede Shoes", for a dance company in Cleveland, and has arranged music for many special events, including the Gala Inauguration of President Bill Clinton, the Superbowl telecast, and various awards ceremonies.
    From [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Billie: Wow, so much music for us! Many thanks.

Your Anime Pack is lovely. You seem to be a big fan of old cute animes. I really enjoyed some of them years ago, and I remember their charming, heartfelt music.

Thank you too for BOLT, it seems very interesting because Disney + Powell = very likely a LOT of action and humor.

Sanico: thank you for your Romantic Compilation. Don't worry about the fact that you chose only one track, because the important thing here is that you chose cues having a good Love Theme, or displaying a nice romantic ambience. I haven't still listened to your pack, but seeing some cues I know very well I can tell that you chose some really exemplary ones. Comments later as usual.

Now that you and Billie posted your Romantic packs, I suppose I'll have to post my own soon...

Sirusjr: another brand new score for us! Thanks a lot. I don't know this one, but as it seems to be in a medieval context, I'll probably like it because I'm fond of Medieval-Fantasy-Magical scores (Relly enjoyed Inkheart).

William Ross is a very talented composer with great orchestral skills, but he's too much underrated, so it's good to see him scoring a recent big movie.

Ps: if you have some time, please add some infos or a review to your post, thanks!

Thank you all again, mates!

Grand Shriner
    Year One From The North by Mishiru Oshima

Track listing

1. Year One In The North – Main Title (03:24)
    2. The Decision of Husband and Wife (05:41)
    3. Winter In The North (03:09)
    4. The Flower of Awaji (06:46)
    5. The Refugees of The Time (03:01)
    6. Reluctance To Move On (02:31)
    7. Dreams Come True (02:33)
    8. Kurazou's Thought (01:49)
    9. The Pleasures of A Happy Home (02:13)
    10. A Small Miracle (01:56)
    11. The New World (00:49)
    12. A Bright Future (01:41)
    13. The Attack of The Locusts (07:40)
    14. A Heartrending Cry (02:08)
    15. The Hand That Knows Trouble (02:50)
    16. The Day of A Decisive Battle (02:07)
    17. Our Country – Confrontation (03:33)
    18. A Surprise Attack (01:32)
    19. As Far As I Dream (08:28)
    20. A Miracle To Hope (05:59)

Total Duration: 01:09:50

Some information about the composer:

Michiru Ōshima (大島ミチル‎, Ōshima Michiru?, born March 16, 1961 in Nagasaki, Nagasaki), is a Japanese composer who has worked on several video game, movie, and television titles. Her works include composition for the video games Genghis Khan II: Clan of the Gray Wolf for Super Nintendo,[1]Ico for PlayStation 2, Legend of Legaia for the Playstation (and its Playstation 2 sequel, Legaia Duel Saga, for which she collaborated with eminent Japanese game composers Yasunori Mitsuda and Hitoshi Sakimoto), Arc the Lad III, and an orchestral arrangement of a Zelda medley for the Wii and Gamecube game The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. In addition to video game music, she has composed music for the Godzilla movies and scores for numerous anime television series, including Fullmetal Alchemist (and the motion picure Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa), Queen Emeraldas, Xam'd: Lost Memories, Arc the Lad, and Weathering Continent.

Grand Shriner
    Hi, I would like ask if someone of you knows a FREE software to convert MPC to Mp3 format.

Thanks in advance.

MPC Batch encoder is a simple software that encodes and decodes from mpc files then you can compress separate.

Grand Shriner
    Thanks a lot for the software Sirusjr

Best!

Christopher Gordon

Official website:

IMDB:

A very interesting interview:

From moviemusicuk.us:

"British-born composer who has spent the majority of his working career in Australia. Was a member of the Australian Boys Choir as a child, but received no formal music training; despite this, he began working in the film music industry in Australia in the mid 1980s, on small-scale TV movies of his own, and undertaking orchestration and conducting duties for other composers, notably Mario Millo and Roger Mason. First came to prominence internationally in 1998 with the “Moby Dick”, the first of several scores he wrote for the American cable channel Hallmark, and has since gone on to build a small but high quality filmography that includes titles such as “On the Beach” (2000) and the multi Oscar-winning “Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World” (2003). He also continued to provide support to other composers working in Australia, having conducted the score for “Moulin Rouge” (2001) on behalf of Craig Armstrong, and “Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course” (2002) for Mark McDuff. In addition to his film work, Gordon has also written music for the concert hall, arts festivals and special events that include the Sydney Harbour Millennium Celebrations, the Australian Centenary of Federation celebration and the recent Rugby World Cup."

I just recently discovered this composer, thanks to Billie and her delightful [Hidden link. Register to see links.], where she posted one of his cues: Moby Dick Theme. This piece was so good that I wanted to hear a lot more from Christopher Gordon, and just at that moment Garcia27 had the good idea to generously bring us a bunch of scores and events music by him:

- On The Beach
    - Moby Dick
    - Melbourne 2006 - The Opening Ceremony
    - Salem's Lot
    - Master and Commander
    - Christopher Gordon Unreleased Titles

So, once again thanks a lot to Garcia27 for his great contributions. These posts are available higher in this page, [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. Enjoy this high level orchestral music!

Thanks a lot for Year One From The North by Mishiru Oshima, Garcia. There are many fans of her here, she a fantastic composer who does some really sweeping beautiful orchestral scores. This post is highly appreciated (I didn't even know it existed).

Quote Originally Posted by garcia27 View Post
    Hi, I would like ask if someone of you knows a FREE software to convert MPC to Mp3 format.

Thanks in advance.
    Yes, the app provided by Sirusjr (thanks!) is good for that. But as I said somewhere else, it's strongly advised not to convert a lossy format to another. But if you really need it in mp3, then you should use the highest quality possible for your conversion (Lame 3.98 insane), to avoid excessive quality loss.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by arthierr View Post
    Yes, the app provided by Sirusjr (thanks!) is good for that. But as I said somewhere else, it's strongly advised not to convert a lossy format to another. But if you really need it in mp3, then you should use the highest quality possible for your conversion (Lame 3.98 insane), to avoid excessive quality loss.
    What player do you use to play these mpc files?

I cannot play them neither with media player nor with winamp.

Grand Shriner
    Probably this has been posted around but...

Alone In The Dark by Olivier de Riviere

Track listing

1. Prelude to an End (01:33)
    2. Edward Carnby (02:36)
    3. The Fissure (03:43)
    4. Collapsing Floors (04:35)
    5. The Façade (04:59)
    6. Reception Hall (04:39)
    7. The Humanz (04:26)
    8. Who Am I? (02:25)
    9. Central Dark (01:24)
    10. Crying New York (02:36)
    11. Loneliness (02:03)
    12. Bethesda Fight (02:02)
    13. Killing the Fissure (03:47)
    14. No More Humans (04:40)
    15. Truth (01:11)
    16. Niamam (01:00)
    17. The Light Carrier Test (05:51)
    18. Shto Li (a cappella) (02:20)
    19. The Final Gate (05:08)
    20. The Choice (01:35)
    21. An End for a Prelude (04:11)

Total Duration: 01:06:44

Foobar 2000 can play MPC files but if you want to put them on a portable media player (Ipod or Zune) then you need to convert them to mp3 thus why I understand your need to convert.

Quote Originally Posted by garcia27 View Post
    What player do you use to play these mpc files?

I cannot play them neither with media player nor with winamp.
    For Winamp, you need the Winamp MPC Plugin:

Just put it in your Winamp Plugins folder, then open Winamp, go to 'options' > 'preferences' > 'file types' and make sure MPC is selected. Now close Winamp and it'll be ok.

Thanks for Alone In The Dark! Yes, it has been posted, but the mirror is welcome. Nice score for a game, but a bit heavy on choir sometimes (and the choir has a weird timbre).

Grand Shriner
    Thanks both for your advice.

Sanico

Can you please tell me what version and in what quality is your: The Dark Crystal?

I recently red a review of it, and I'd like to rediscover this score, as it's been a very long time I heard it.