Page 49 of 600 FirstFirst ... 39434445464748495051525354555999149549 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 15000
Like Tree5664Likes

Thread: THE BIG ORCHESTRAL ACTION MUSIC THREAD!

Video Game Music Composer
    Same here, actually. I'm trying to get these onto my iPod, so if you have a 320kb/s or max-Q VBR version that would be great too. Either way though, those two tracks aren't working...I tried extracting on two different computers.

Thanks!

Well, that's weird, because when I tested my archive it said track 16 is corrupt but the others are ok.

As I want to have a clean copy too, I'll just redownload it, test it, and then reupload. This will take some days as I got it from an "unconventionnal" download source.

Sorry for that. Repost soon.

Sirusjr: Thanks a lot for your last up. There's a Special Hermann Post coming soon...

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

a sweet little girlypuppydog Billie781's Avatar
    *blush* tehehe, i'm really surprised, that you all like my music-compilation. I'm glad, that the compilation was good enough for you guys *blink* XD. Maybe i have an another one with harmony-stuff, but not love-themes.

@melkoret
    uaaah, sweet, i hope you have a great wedding and i wish you all the best for you and your sweetheart

@garcia
    what a great collection, awesomeness in a great degree, thank you so much for the western-stuff, i love western *____*

@sirusjr
    oooh, thank you so much for the bernard herrmann - collection *hug*

@arthierr
    oh i hope the link comes very soon, but take your time ^^

@sanico
    thank you very much for masada, great stuff
    Don't walk in front of me! I will not follow. Don't walk behind me! I will not lead you. Just walk next to me and be my friend.
    ..**..**....**..**..

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] ♥ * ~

..**..**....**..**..
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ♥ ♪..*
    ..**..**....**..**..

I am glad you guys enjoy the bernard herman collection.
    Billie - You are so pleasently polite *hug*
    Loveliness, Elegance, and Nobility Compilations
    Angela Aki Discography
    Kokia discography
    Sun Yanzi Discography
    Toshihiko Sahashi Thread

Bernard Herrmann

Official website:

IMDB:

Bernard Herrmann was a child prodigy who wrote his first major composition in his teens, and formed a chamber orchestra aged 20. In the 1930s, Herrmann formed a close friendship with an up-and-coming director called Orson Welles, and agreed to write some incidental music for a radio play Welles was planning. The radio play in question was the classic, panic-inducing broadcast of "The War of the Worlds" in 1938, which led directly to Welles being head-hunted by Hollywood. Herrmann followed Welles to Los Angeles, and made his film score debut in 1941 with the classic "Citizen Kane".

During the thirty years which followed, Herrmann composed some of the most astounding and ground-breaking scores the cinema had ever known. Herrmann's filmography contains so many great scores that one hardly knows where to begin: "The Magnificent Ambersons" (1942), "Anna and the King of Siam" (1946), "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" (1947), "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (1951), "Vertigo" (1958), "The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad" (1958), "North By Northwest" (1959), "Psycho" (1960), "Cape Fear" (1962) and "Jason and the Argonauts" (1963) were all created by Herrmann's great genius.

Throughout the 1940s and 50s Herrmann was the chief conductor of the CBS Symphony Orchestra, and in this role contributed to many successful television shows, including "Gunsmoke", "Rawhide" and "The Twilight Zone". He also remained involved in the classical world, giving important premieres to music by composers including Ralph Vaughan Williams and Charles Ives, and writing his own concert hall music, which included his "First Symphony" and a dramatic cantata based on Herman Mellville's novel "Moby Dick".

Although Herrmann was a notoriously prickly character prone to fits of rage, he nevertheless maintained many successful composer-director relationships throughout his career, the most notable being his near-legendary collaboration with Alfred Hitchcock - an association which ended when the great director rejected Herrmann's score for "Torn Curtain" (1966) and replaced it with one by John Addison. A new breed of directors, notably Martin Scorsese and Brian De Palma - were discovering Herrmann's talents in the 1970s, but sadly Herrmann died just hours after completing the final recording sessions for his powerful score for "Taxi Driver" on Christmas Eve 1975.

Many of his classic scores have been re-recorded and re-released in the full glory of stereo sound, and the recent re-makes of "Cape Fear" and "Psycho" re-used his original underscore. Many people maintain that Bernard Herrmann was the greatest film music composer who ever lived. His legacy, in terms of musical structure, use of innovative instrumentation, and compositional style, is unmatched, and his impact on the way in which films were scored is incalculable.

Now about Sirusjr's fantastic post, which you can download here:

From Scoredaddy:

In my opinion, Masters Film Music’s 1989 CD box entitled Bernard Herrmann: The Concert Suites is one of the monumental achievements in the short history of digital reissues of important film scoring. A four disc set, this essential collection includes ALL the recordings Bernard Herrmann conducted in London of his OWN film music for the Decca International record label in the late 1960’s and early 1970’s (of course, Herrmann recorded, at that time, many other composers’ work). The orchestras performing under Herrmann’s leadership are the London Philharmonic and National Philharmonic Orchestras.

Many listeners have complained about Mr. Herrmann’s tempos on these records (which are occasionally ponderous in comparison to the original soundtrack recordings) but I consider these versions definitive in that the composer interpreted his own work as he saw best… and for me, the performances are smashing. The boxed set from which this music is derived has been out of print for over 15 years and is estimated to be valued at approximately $350.00. Some of these suites have been released on various Herrmann CD’s but here we have ALL of them, and in top quality 320Kb sound! I hope everyone will enjoy these recordings (nearly three hours of GREAT music), which should be part of any serious film music library.

Here's the complete description:

Bernard Herrmann: The Concert Suites

Released 1989 by Master Film Music/Varese Sarabande

This is the 1969-1975 London Phase 4 Stereo recordings with Herrmann conducting the National Philharmonic Orchestra and the London Philharmonic Orchestra. A limited edition box of 4 CDs.

Music from Great Film Classics (1970)

Bernard Herrmann, London Philharmonic Orchestra

Jane Eyre (all)

1. Selections from the film 'Jane Eyre' (13:12)
    The Snows of Kilimanjaro (all)
    2. Interlude (6:35)
    3. The Memory Waltz (4:13)
    Welles Raises Kane (all)
    4. Overture (2:45)
    5. Variations ('Summer-Night Serenade', a 'Sunday Promenade') (5:40)
    6. Ragtime ('Streed Scene', 'Saturday-Night Band Concert') (1:49)
    7. Finale ('Persuit and Happiness') (2:57)
    The Devil and Daniel Webster (suite) (all)
    8. Sleigh Ride (1:53)
    9. Swing Your Partners (2:37)

The Fantasy Film World of Bernard Herrmann (1973)

Bernard Herrmann, National Philharmonic Orchestra

Journey to the Center of the Earth (all)

1. Mountain Top and Sunrise
    2. Prelude
    3. The Grotto
    4. Salt Slides
    5. Atlantis
    6. The Giant Chameleon and the Fight
    7. The Shaft and Finale
    The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad (all)
    8. Overture
    9. The Duel with the Skeleton
    10. Baghdad
    The Day the Earth Stood Still (all)
    11. Outer Space
    12. Radar
    13. Gort
    14. The Robot
    15. Space Control
    16. Terror
    17. Farewell and Finale

Fahrenheit 451 (all)

18. Prelude
    19. Fire Engine
    20. The Bedroom
    21. Flowers of Fire
    22. The Road and Finale

Music from the Great Movie Thrillers (1968)

Bernard Herrmann, London Philharmonic Orchestra

Psycho (all)

1. A Narrative for Orchestra (14:27)
    Marnie (all)
    2. Prelude and Hunting Scene (10:06)
    North by Northwest (all)
    3. Overture (3:03)
    Vertigo (all)
    4. Prelude
    5. The Nightmare
    6. Scene d'amour
    The Trouble with Harry (all)
    7. "A Portrait of Hitch" (8:15)

The Mysterious Film World of Bernard Herrmann (1975)

Bernard Herrmann, National Philharmonic Orchestra

Mysterious Island (all)

1. Prelude (1:58)
    2. The Balloon (2:53)
    3. The Giant Crab (3:37)
    4. The Giant Bee (2:52)
    5. The Giant Bird (3:06)

Jason and the Argonauts (all)

6. Prelude (2:35)
    7. Talos (2:20)
    8. Talos's death (2:41)
    9. Triton (3:22)
    The Three Worlds of Gulliver (all)
    10. Overture (2:26)
    11. Minuetto - Wapping (2:03)
    12. Hornpipe (1:19)
    13. Lilliputians 1 & 2 (3:22)
    14. Victory 1 & 2 (1:28)
    15. Escape (0:40)
    16. The King's March (2:00)
    17. Trees (2:25)
    18. The Tightrope (3:02)
    19. Lovers (2:54)
    20. The Chess Game (1:25)
    21. Pursuit (1:48)
    22. Finale (1:05)

Grand Shriner
    hello,

I've tried severa; times downloading this but it continues giving me an error,

can it be reuploaded via Rapidshare?

pleeeeeease???

I really want this one so bad

thanks

First, Bentoons, can you PLEASE edit your post to remove the quoted part. It REALLY looks bad, and it's useless because I see excatly what you're talking about.

Now, what error do you get precisely?

First of all Bentoons, you should quote (and subsequently edit out the links to the pictures) my post not Arthierr's post linking to my post in requesting a re-upload.
    Second, if you edit your request post to remove the quoted text I will gladly put up alternative links when I have the time if megaupload isn't working for you. I simply posted by megaupload initially because that way I could get the entire thing in one upload and I hate parts especially with some site's wait times in between downloads. I also suggest that you first try to figure out a resolution to whatever errors you are getting via megaupload because I tend to favor uploading on megaupload for a variety of reasons specifically I refuse to use rapidshare because of the legal action they are involved with and rapidspread started making bad links causing me to re upload. If you have a preference besides the three above mentioned upload sites then by all means suggest it and I will give it a shot becaue you asked politely.

Grand Shriner
    man you guys,

sorry to have upset you guys for my quote,

wasn't my intention at all.

I feel like crap now. sorry

here's the error message

BHCS.rar.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

sorry for the inconvenience again.

Mmh, I just try and it downloads ok, but extremely slowly (6-20k), maybe it's a server problem, in which case you should just do what they say: Try again later.

Ps: sorry to insist, but please remove the quoted part, thanks.

Bentoons - my question still stands, do you have a preference for another upload site besides Rapidspread, Rapidshare, and Megaupload? I gave up on the first 2 and the third seems to not work in this case so choose one and I will get to it soon. Also no offense taken, your editing is more than enough appology.

Grand Shriner
    no preference,

I like rapidshare, but it would be too much of a hassle for you,

so I'll try Megaupload again at a later time and hopefully it will work.

thanks again!

About that Concert Suites, I just listened to Journey to the Center of the Earth suite, and I have to say, the similarity with Elfman's Batman Main Title is striking. Wow, that's quite a surprise.

Grand Shriner
    Bernard Herrmann was a Brilliant Composer.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by bentoons View Post
    Bernard Herrmann was a Brilliant Composer.
    Agreed, heartily.

Herrmann... the only composer who approaches my absolute, unwavering devotion to Goldsmith. Thank you for making this available.

Quote Originally Posted by streichorchester View Post
    Shuki Levy knows his stuff: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Is it possible to get the whole score to this?
    If you're not frightened by sfx and some terrible songs, here's a full rip of the score:

Just reposted With Fire & Sword (Ogniem I Mieczem) by Krzesimir Dębski in very HQ (MPC VBR). This time I tested it before uploading and there's no error.

Here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by Sirusjr View Post
    Billie - You are so pleasently polite *hug*
    Hehehe... you think so? thanks

@arthierr
    hey, that was fast, thank you very much

Thanks a lot arthierr!!

Billie - Those fox emoticons are soo KAWAIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirusjr View Post
    Billie - Those fox emoticons are soo KAWAIIII!!!!
    Hehe, yeah, i think so, too, it's superduperkawaii!

Here is the side with the supercute foxies: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Mates, maybe you've noticed that this thread has become quite huge, with an enormous amount of music posted everywhere, so, as suggested by Billie (thanks, fraulein! ), I've decided to edit the first post to list all the big contributions made here.

This will take some days given the fact I'm busy, but it'll be done soon.

Please check the first post from time to time to see if you've missed some good stuff. Personally I'm extremely impressed by the quantity and quality of what has been posted in this thread. Bravo everybody!

@arthierr
    hehehe, you are always welcome
    maybe i can help you by this job?

Video Game Music Composer
    Thanks for the Ogniem re-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Billie781 View Post
    maybe i can help you by this job?
    This is very kind, thanks for proposing, Billie . But it's ok, I'll do do it all right (and you must be busy too). It'll be very amusing to dive back in the (great) history of this thread.

I've already started and 1) I'm amazed by all the fantastic music, and 2) I'm surprised that many links are still there, after so many months.