Page 403 of 600 FirstFirst ... 303353393397398399400401402403404405406407408409413453503 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,075 of 15000
Like Tree5665Likes

Thread: THE BIG ORCHESTRAL ACTION MUSIC THREAD!

Last edited by Herr Salat; 08-21-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Grand Shriner
    Thanks Herr Salat for the info. That was the set I was referring to. I saw a couple of those 20 discs set for sale on Amazon for about 300 something bucks. I was considering on purchasing the set, but I wasn't really sure if I would really want to pay that amount of money for it lol.

loves orchestral music klnerfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arthierr View Post
    After a few weeks of absence, you're really back in superb shape, bringing with you a whole lot of wonderful scores. Would you be like those martial arts monks who retire in a mountain to train alone, thoroughly practicing their moves, sharpening their skills, studying their art, and when they eventually come back to the world, they're like invincible ber humans capable of great deeds?
    Well, I did make a journey of sorts. After weeks of stress I'm finally back to my usual tranquil self that takes life easy. When it comes to music, I'm always studying and sharping my skills. Over the last months I found new love for scores I hated the first time I listened to them and completeley restructured my music folder. Unfortunatly, no training montage this time

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyquest101 View Post
    I wanted to ask was anybody familiar with or had any info on the Sakura Wars: Drama CD Complete 20 disc set as far all of it contents?
    Though I do not have the complete 20 disc drama set, I have something in store for all of you who don't want to listen to dozens of hours of songs just to find something worthwhile. It's part of my Sakura uploads and will be up soon.

Journey to a time when film/scores were great: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner
    LalaLand makes my life wothwile...
    On JUuy 19th Batman Animated Vol.2 with almost 5 hours of addtional greatness
    And my biggest personal Holy Grail...i tried to get it for over 10 years in the complete version and finally it comes...
    THE PHANTOM COMPLETE
    One of the greatest Adventure/Superhero Classic Scores of all time, now with almost half an hour more action and romance.
    Herr Salat likes this.

Masamichi Amano - Morceau par 10e. Suite Symphonique ''Battle Royale 2'' (2007 Cafua)

MASAMICHI AMANO
    Morceau par 10e. Suite Symphonique
    "BATTLE ROYALE II
    "

The JASDF Western Air Band & Heisei College of Music Chorus
    conducted by the composer

Release Date: 16.07.2007
    Publisher: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Catalog Number: CACG-0103

FLAC + LOG + SCANS | 15 Tracks | 01:00:11 | 342 MB

01.-05. Morceau par 5me Suite Symphonique "Ninja Resurrection" | 27:49

06.-15. Morceau par 10e. Suite Symphonique "Battle Royale 2" | 32:22

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by tangotreats View Post
    Warning; here be dragons. If Amano's notorious musical kleptomania offends you in any way, don't even bother with these; the thievery really is in overdrive. Quality remains high, as one would expect, but originality is at an all time low. Amano lifts whole cues from his previous scores, and even helps himself to a number of other cues from Western films - the most notable of course is Klendathu Drop (from Basil Poledouris' Starship Troopers) appearing almost verbatim (all four minutes of it) as "The Time To Attack". Amano was, by all accounts, in a race against time in scoring these two films - so I suppose you could justify it by saying he did what he needed to do, in order to get the job done. And these are exceptionally good scores, make no mistake.
    That musical plagiarism is still intact in this wind orchestra arrangement. The fact there are [Hidden link. Register to see links.] available without crediting Poledouris is depressing. Also, fellow forum user El Cid mentioned some parts of Ninja Resurrection are very Conan-like.

FLAC - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Last edited by Herr Salat; 02-23-2014 at 02:17 PM.

I got done by the same thing. Duped into joining filesmates.com in order to get a DVD rip of the recent Final Fantasy Vana'Con concert.
    Queued up 8gb download. Came back twenty four hours later, realised all files were the same.
    Played file - it's a four minute video of somebody zooming in and out on a packet of cigarettes with a shaky camcorder.
    Absolute bastards. :/

Edit: Just looked at jcd4share.com - it looks identical to the site that screwed me over. I can't remember what it was called - but it's the exact same design, exact same everything. Obviously the same guy.

Edit again: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] was the site that ripped me off. Don't bother with that one either. Same old bullshit.

More cheerfully, I have BR 1 and 2 in FLAC. Perhaps a post this evening...

Thank you so much for the further Amano! Can't wait to hear these.
    Herr Salat likes this.

MASAMICHI AMANO
    BATTLE ROYALE (2000)
    BATTLE ROYALE 2 (2003)

The Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra

Warning; here be dragons. If Amano's notorious musical kleptomania offends you in any way, don't even bother with these; the thievery really is in overdrive. Quality remains high, as one would expect, but originality is at an all time low. Amano lifts whole cues from his previous scores, and even helps himself to a number of other cues from Western films - the most notable of course is Klendathu Drop (from Basil Poledouris' Starship Troopers) appearing almost verbatim (all four minutes of it) as "The Time To Attack". Amano was, by all accounts, in a race against time in scoring these two films - so I suppose you could justify it by saying he did what he needed to do, in order to get the job done. And these are exceptionally good scores, make no mistake.

Warnings aside, here are two powerhouse live action Amano scores full of all the big-orchestra theatrics we all know and love.

Neither are my rips, but sources are trustworthy.

Jumbofiles: Battle Royale: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] / Battle Royale 2: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Gamefront: Battle Royale: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] / Battle Royale 2: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Other mirrors to follow.

Grand Shriner
    Listening to Horner's Spider-Man score, is anyone else strangely reminded of Basil Poledouris's Cherry 2000, amongst other things?

*Other things: Debney's score to The Passion of the Christ and Zimmer's The Da Vinci Code appears in the Saving New York track for some reason. Also, "I Can't See You Anymore" sounds suspiciously like Newton Howard, probably the ending from Signs.
    Herr Salat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by streichorchester View Post
    Listening to Horner's Spider-Man score, is anyone else strangely reminded of Basil Poledouris's Cherry 2000, amongst other things?

*Other things: Debney's score to The Passion of the Christ and Zimmer's The Da Vinci Code appears in the Saving New York track for some reason. Also, "I Can't See You Anymore" sounds suspiciously like Newton Howard, probably the ending from Signs.
    I have Cherry 2000 so if anyone would like to hear it I can upload, the previous uploads by other members may have expired by now given the current climate of file hosts.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Salat View Post
    Nothing beats SUPER Atragon. Not even undead ninjas and especially not Basil Royale Part 2. I still hope you ladies and gentlemen will take something out of it. Ninja Resurrection en wind omits the synth present in the original recording. The only difference really (The synth wasn't bad. More the kind of accompanying synth).
    El Cid, this one's definitely for you!

I'll later re-upload a FLAC of Ninja Resurrection OST, the original recording with the Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra.
    Thanks. Some parts of Ninja are very Conan-like. I'm interested in hearing the OST.

Last edited by Herr Salat; 08-21-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    dekamaster2 and arthierr like this.

I would have sworn blind that I'd already posted this at some point in history... but searches turn up a big blank, so perhaps this one may be new to some or all of you splendid people...!

SINSUKE KAZATO
    Ultraman GREAT (aka Ultraman: Towards the Future)
    Adelaide Symphony Orchestra
    conducted by Patrick Thomas

My rip. Tagged in English. Booklet scan included. FLAC at Level 8.

Jumbofiles: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Various mirrors: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Mediafire: (Part 1) [Hidden link. Register to see links.] / (Part 2) [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

1. Prelude
    2. Main Title - ULTRAMAN Towards The Future
    3. Great Friendship
    4. Jean Echo
    5. The War Of Deities
    6. Cityscape: Sun and Moon
    7. The Sword of Wisdom
    8. The Wriggling For Cataclysm (don't ask me, guys, I just copy what it says on the CD case...)
    9. Finale - ULTRAMAN Legend

Ultraman? Adelaide Symphony Orchestra? LOLWUT???

In the late eighties, keen to break into the foreign market they had almost made an impression on with Ultraseven, Tsuburaya Productions teamed up with the South Australian Film Corporation to produce Ultraman Great - the first and last English language Ultraman series to date. Made in Australia, with an Australian cast and production team, the series was plagued with difficulties - Tsuburaya were not impressed with the attitude taken to their franchise by the Australian team and on hearing about planned production shortcuts they sent a Japanese team to Australia to work for free purely to maintain a certain level of quality. By all accounts, the show was cheap and nasty.

When budget cuts are looming, usually the very first aspects of production to get chopped is the music... but not in this case, strangely enough! Sinsuke Kazato recorded a purely symphonic, one hour score with the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra that plays on CD more like a symphony than a film score. He crafted his score as a musically coherent concert work which would then be chopped up and edited in to the TV show as necessary. Yoko Kanno takes a very similar approach in her orchestral scores; writing self-contained mini-symphonic-poem showpieces and leaving the complicated stuff to the editors. So, what we get is nine movements of straight-up old fashioned superhero scoring. The main theme is an absolute corker - musically it's more Superman than Ultraman, and I mean that as a compliment; a lovely march with strident brass and soaring strings right up there with the best. And that's just the beginning! What more can I say? This is a stunner. I know I'm saying that an awful lot lately. But it is. It's a brilliant Ultraman score. But more than that, it's an Ultraman symphony - and it deserves that title ten times more than the Kaoru Wada / Takayuki Hattori album of that title!

The Adelaide Symphony Orchestra play with enthusiasm and accomplishment. The recording is quite splendid - dynamic, genuine, and realistic.

This disc started off very rare - then went through a period of regular availability on Animex 1200, and now I believe it's rare again. So, enjoy.

I seem to recall seeing this posted a while ago but it was such horrible 128kbps mp3 that it was painful to listen to and didn't last long on my hard drive. Many thanks for the upgrade Tango
    Loveliness, Elegance, and Nobility Compilations
    Angela Aki Discography
    Kokia discography
    Sun Yanzi Discography
    Toshihiko Sahashi Thread

AAAAAARGH!

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]!

See why I'm VERY happy at 0:54 onwards. Your old friend Tango has just uncovered Yoshihisa Hirano's new project...

Don't you just love being able to spot a composer's style with just a few seconds of music? Are Western composers allowed to have that amount of musical personality? (Or, for that matter, any whatsoever?)

2012 is really becoming a KILLER year for anime scores.

Grand Shriner
    Nice, very Ouran-ish in the piano.

Last edited by Herr Salat; 08-21-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    arthierr likes this.

Grand Shriner
    Many thanks for the post. Great to finally see what Otsuka actually contributed to the score and...it's not bad. She's no Kanno, it's kinda placid and forgettable, but it's altogether swell stuff.

I remember the word "melodrama" applied to the last EVOL release as well, and it's use confuses me cause it seems kinda arbitrary and meaningless. Since when do you guys bitch about big emotions in orchestral music? For that matter, what is the Uber example of melodramatic music than Golden Age Hollywood style orchestral scores?

Oh, and the thread has 666 likes. Sure that doesn't mean anything at all. ;p

Last edited by Herr Salat; 08-21-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NaotaM View Post
    Nice, very Ouran-ish in the piano.
    He really, really likes that tune, doesn't he? Ouran, Chu-bra!!, Shiori to Shimiko no Kaiki Jikenbo, etc. Still, can't complain because it's a good one.

Herr Salat: Thanks for that! It wasn't even on my radar. Otsuka's no Kanno - not yet, anyway - but there's so much potential in this little album. Track three stood out for me - 1:04 makes me think of Kanno's classical showboating. Track 5 is also quite interesting. Otsuka deserves to get out on her own.

In the end, Evol has come somewhere between what I expected and what I hoped for. I expected bugger-all new music or a few minutes of synth filler interspersed with Kanno's Aquarion tracks. I hoped for a full-scale new Kanno score with the Warsaw Phil. It's nice to not be completely disappointed for a change - although I'm sure we can all agree that a super-size orchestral Kanno score would've been really, really great... Macross Frontier was nearly FIVE YEARS AGO, folks - and that wasn't the best of Kanno either. Bring on the next Turn A Gundam, Escaflowne, Aquarion, please!

Grand Shriner
    I remember thinking Track 5 sounds kinda Sahashi-esque in that loud, frantic, borderline-cheesy brass that can make certain habits of his a hard sell for me. It's neat hearing different moods like this out of Otsuka. Wonder if there's any more left. There is still some Kanno cues to be released on the Love @ New Dimension album, so who can say?

At last some free time! And since I don't plan to go anywhere soon, my participation to the thread will most probably substantially increase! I'll be able to do the stuff I want, like posting some music I find noteworthy, download and listen to the one posted, and make random comments on stuff that grabs my interest, starting with that new Spiderman score people talk about so much.

Also thank you guys for the cascade of great posts lately, I'm now able to compete a little with you, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by WildwoodPark View Post
    I have Cherry 2000 so if anyone would like to hear it I can upload, the previous uploads by other members may have expired by now given the current climate of file hosts.
    That would be be much appreciated, please. Long time I haven't heard it, and I certainly lost it anyway.

Streich: if there's so many "inspirations", would it mean that Horner becomes a caricature of himself? If he marries Kanno, would they have little photocopiers?

Speaking of Horner, it seems the link to *THE GREATEST PIECE OF FILM MUSIC IN HISTORY*, namely James Horner's Lord of the Rings Overture, is down. How could this be POSSIBLE?! The world is crazy, I'm telling you! Oh no, ladies and gentlemen, I won't permit that humanity is deprived of the supreme beauty of this unprecedented musical achievement. Reup soon.

Herr Salat: no need to modestly hide your little misadventure between spoilers, my friend! On the contrary, the fact of sharing it warns other people on this fraud and can prevent them to fall for it.

loves orchestral music klnerfan's Avatar
    Sakura Wars: Part III

So we move on to Paris.

Sakura Wars 3

Sakura Wars 3: OVA ~Le Nouveau Paris~

After composing so much music for a franchise you would expect Tanaka to get tired of it all or losing his touch. But fear not, for the third game he returns in excellent form, writing new themes and operatic pieces. I suggest you listen to Gravity Daze before this one, perhaps you will notice more than one striking resemblance to that score (coincidentally, both games share many french influences). Tanaka really outdid himself with the orchestral songs in this one. The glorious opening theme of the past scores is replaced with the new "Under the Imperial Flag" which even beats the original in my opinion. It also serves as the backbone for the score of the game. The rest is good old Tanaka.

The OVA on the other hand starts with the usual splendour but shifts towards a more jazzy "noir" style. I especially like the new arrangment of the opening theme. At the end things seem to take a dark turn with the sinister decesive battle and King of Darkness ... but wait, there's one more track ...

Overall these two scores are excellent and belong in any Tanaka collection. Stay tuned for the next part: The final chapter.

Toshiyuki Watanabe: Space Travellers THE ANIMATION (FLAC)

TOSHIYUKI WATANABE
    Space Travellers
    THE ANIMATION

Tokyo City Philharmonic Orchestra
    conducted by Sakae Sakakibara

FLAC + LOG + SCANS | 26 Tracks | 36:33 | 284 MB

Release Date: 21.06.2000
    Label: Scitron and Art
    Catalog Number: SCDC-00026

01. Prologue
    02. Main Title - Space Travellers Theme
    03. Koronii no Katasumi Nite - Kosumo Gou
    04. AP Raid
    05. Escape
    06. Theme of Franc
    07. ORS
    08. Battle
    09. Return
    10. Shissou Suru Maakyurii to Ronson Kyuushuu
    11. Bridge
    12. Beautiful Earth
    13. Franc's Identity
    14. Franc Approaches
    15. Franc's Death / From Sorrow to Anger
    16. ORS's Attack Begins
    17. Prelude of Battle
    18. Sortie
    19. Plate!
    20. Tanner Machine, Takeoff
    21. Gattai Kosumo Gou!!
    22. Sentou Kosumo Gou!
    23. Shield Out / Main Battery Firing
    24. Tanner Machine, Breaking Into!
    25. Paradaisu Ga Matteruze!
    26. End Credits

Wonky translation/romanization.

DOWNLOAD
    or
    Last edited by Herr Salat; 09-06-2013 at 08:34 AM.

One thing I will say about Watanabe is that when he chances upon a really good theme, he smacks you around the head with it for the entire score!

Space Travellers is magnificent - thank you, thank you, thank you.

Space Brothers is going to be heaps of action adventure once Mutta actually gets into space. So far, we've heard tantalising glimpses of some of the balls-out action cues that will accompany their adventures. Here's about six minutes of the good stuff from the first twelve episodes. It's on course to be the most melodic, genuine sci-fi score to be heard for quite a few years. These cues are extracted from the show, so they sound like hell - apologies in advance. You can hear the music though! How about that cue that starts at 1:58 - anybody else miss sci-fi music that sounds like that? I know I do...

PS... No Space Brothers soundtrack release. Yet another score lost to the "bonus CD" release. Bollocks. At least it's getting out there somehow but bloody hell if any score deserves a CD in recent years it's this one...
    Herr Salat likes this.

Grand Shriner
    So is Ayako Otsuka like a kind of New Age/Easy Listening type composer? I went to hear website [Hidden link. Register to see links.] and it kind of appears that way.
    Herr Salat likes this.