Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender (Expanded Score) & Legend of Korra - The Track Team (VBR)

Eat Well. Stay Fit. Die Anyway. GlassButterflies's Avatar

Avatar: The Last Airbender (Expanded Score) & Legend of Korra - The Track Team (VBR)

42 tracks, TRT: 70mins, 91kbps-256kbps (various)

This has been an ongoing project of mine for about two months now (it's been a bit on and off), and while lurking, err...browsing this wonderful site for some fabulous goodies I came across [Hidden link. Register to see links.] thread in which I learnt apparently not a lot of people have much music from this great series apart from the tracks ripped from the Track Team's site. Well, it's not much, but since I'm a long looong time lurker here, and wanted my first post to be something of value, I thought I'd share what little music I've managed to scrounge together from this frankly amazing series.

These are all from different sources, the two main ones being Grooveshark and the awesome aforementioned tracks ripped from the [Hidden link. Register to see links.].

The one thing that always prevented me from uploading this sooner is I'm frankly ashamed of the varying bitrate; most of the tracks sit nicely around 196kbps but fluctuates from anywhere between 91-256kbps (thankfully, most of the Book 3 stuff is of higher bitrate). It goes without saying that it's not the most consistent of listening experiences, and while this isn't the kind of score that demands FLAC or even 320kbps, to be honest 91kbps is pretty woeful no matter how you look at it.

Most of the tracks have no SFX, except for some faint footsteps in "The Lion Turtle" and some (unfortunately) MAJOR SFX in the Escape to the Spirit World tracks "Roku", "Kyoshi", "Kuruk" and "Yangchen". UPDATE: The Escape From The Spirit World tracks have been removed from this version of the soundtrack. Apart from the barely noticeable SFX in "The Lion Turtle", consider this soundtrack SFX-free!

But, this is what I have, and hopefully it's better than nothing. Hope you enjoy, and a big thank you to everyone involved in keeping this wonderful site alive!

Track List:

Spoiler!

Download:

Code:
    http://www.4shared.com/rar/obQiBQMV/ATLA.html?
    OR
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/877919pzzw74q92/ATLA.rar
    The Legend of Korra: Book 1

32 tracks, TRT: 74mins, 128kbps-256kbps (various)

The commercial release of The Legend Of Korra Book 1 Soundtrack marks an important milestone for hopefully future releases of music from both The Legend Of Korra and The Last Airbender. But if that's true, why am I not just uploading the release here? Firstly, because someone beat me to it (those looking just for the commercial release as is, look [Hidden link. Register to see links.]). And secondly, after pouring, analysing and dissecting the release, I've found that the new album doesn't include everything that's been released so far. Most of it, for sure, but not all of it. Not only that, but the music is not presented in chronological order, which I know is a pet peeve for quite a few people. Hence, there was work to be done.

And how much work it was! I've re-watched the series again, allowing me to rearranged the album's contents in the order that they are heard in the show. But perhaps more interesting is the inclusion of music previously released from the show (through the 2011 SDCC promo and Operation Kino broadcast). While I was certain that not everything would be included on the album, some of the stuff left out did surprise me, especially the exclusion of "The Rally" cue, the three-minute motif for the villain as we first see him demonstrate his power. Thankfully, that mistake has been rectified by putting that cue into the score.

Unfortunately, this little correction of mine is not perfect. Some of the new tracks I've put in do not match the CD quality of the rest of the album. This is the primary reason I didn't include the tracks from the Flash game even though they also play in the series (also because some of those tracks contain rather intrusive SFX) . I've also excluded some other tracks including the original version "The Rally" (redundant), "Love Across Yue Bay" (too short) and the trailer music for Book 1 and 2.

If there is enough interest, I may be able to put absolutely everything into the release to form a super-expanded score, but I feel that this version will suffice most fans of this score. I guess you could call it a "Deluxe Edition" if you want (not to be confused with SonicAdventure's amazing remasterings of the same name). Overall, it is an additional 10 minutes of music to a fantastic score. Hope you enjoy!

Track List:

Spoiler!

Download:

Code:
    http://www.4shared.com/rar/LzxwV_fb/LOK_Book1.html?
    OR
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/w1qx8m7nxbg71xh/Lok_Book1.rar
    The Legend of Korra: Book 2 & 3

16 tracks, TRT: 23mins, 82kbps-320kbps (various)

Here's hoping that the commercial success of the first Legend Of Korra album will lead to a second for Book 2. In the meanwhile, here's the small collection of tracks from the second (UPDATE: and third!) season that have been released so far. Five of these tracks were ripped straight from the official "Dark Into Light" Flash game, two three five are from Jeremy Zuckerman's personal Soundcloud, and one - "Nuktuk, The Hero Of The South! (Instrumental Version)" is of indeterminate origin (probably KorraNation). A big thank you once again to tumblr user [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for constantly being on the prowl for new tracks and making them available almost as soon as they are discovered.

UPDATE: After much deliberating, I've included snippets of four tracks that I was able to cleanly edit together from a new interview with Jeremy Zuckerman on KorraScope, which you can find [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. The fade-ins and outs were edited in by me, since they didn't have any. Nor did the tracks have any official names, so I made some up according to where they play in the show and how Zuckerman described them in his interview. Normally I wouldn't include tracks with this low a bitrate, but some of these tracks are very beautiful, particularly "Spirit World" and "Familiar Souls". All of these new additions (the interview tracks, the Soundcloud tracks, and the trailer theme) give this release a new total of 23 minutes, which is a pretty decent amount of score. New soundtrack covers are also included. Here's hoping that a new Korra soundtrack release is in the works!

Track List:

Spoiler!

Download:

Code:
    http://www.4shared.com/rar/etT9BYdCce/LoK_Book23.html?
    OR
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/2bvp9k2160hatds/LoK_Book2%263.rar
    Escape From The Spirit World

5 tracks, TRT: 13mins, 128kbps

I've always thought that the four tracks from the online flash game Escape From The Spirit World, which do not appear in the series proper, were not meant to be included on the original series soundtrack. This, combined with their disjointed feeling in comparison with the rest of the album and their suspension-shattering SFX have lead me to do what I frankly should've done a while ago, and group the four tracks together in their own separate release. UPDATE: Ripped and added the fifth track that plays during the opening, where Aang is talking to Yue, which I (rather appropriately) titled "Yue".

Track List:

Spoiler!

Download:

Code:
    http://www.4shared.com/rar/iyd4YCsv/EftSW.html?
    OR
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/el3dxgle8lrol8k/EftSW.rar
    Welcome to Republic City

10 tracks, TRT: 7mins, 80kbps (one track at 112kbps)

And here is the rip to the official Flash game "Welcome to Republic City", whose soundtrack contains small score samples from the series. Thanks go to [Hidden link. Register to see links.] good sir for ripping them, plus putting them up on Youtube and providing a download link, what a swell guy! Since this soundtrack technically belongs as part of the main Legend of Korra soundtrack, feel free to put whatever tracks you want into the main score!

Track List:

Spoiler!

Download:

Code:
    http://www.4shared.com/rar/-mhPaP-y/LoK_Flash.html?
    OR
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/qwga6jivykxty9u/LoK_Flash.rar
    One final note: if you are able to find any of these tracks in higher quality, feel free to post here or PM me, and I'll gladly re-upload with the higher quality tracks. Also, any cover art is welcomed; I've made all of the above covers in 30 seconds with Paint (yeah, Paint, you heard me right). Or, if you're up to it, feel free to make your own!

EDIT: Apologies for posting this in the wrong sub-forum, tried to delete that post I don't think I have enough privileges to delete it, or something.

EDIT 2: Big BIG thank you to impudent urinal for sending me a stack of high-quality tracks, including two all-new tracks, one of which is an unused alternate of the opening credits, which I've never heard before! I've re-upped the soundtrack with the added tracks, plus replaced some old ones, including "The Two Lovers" which has had a huge quality jump from 91kbps to 256kbps! I've also included some alternate covers and updated the track list to show EXACTLY what changed. Again, thank you so very very much!

EDIT 3: Updated link. Also changed the title to be more in line with current website guidelines. Also, totally not bumping in order to get more views/downloads. TOTALLY NOT.

EDIT 4: Nothing major, hence I didn't bump. But I've finally got around to adding "Firebending Training" to the Legend of Korra soundtrack. Feel free to rename it "Firebending Practice", "Final Firebending Exam", or any other name, as this track goes by quite a few. Also included is RedYoshiKing's amazing coverart, as well as the older, crappier artwork I did (the one on this post), and even a - ahem - special coverart as a bonus. Enjoy!

EDIT 5: Legend of Korra main soundtrack finally updated with "Tenzin's Decision", "Love Across Yue Bay" and the magnificent finale cue, dubbed "Restoration & Finale" to avoid spoilerage. Yeah, I know, I'm late as...a really late thing, so allow me to humbly apologise for taking this long. Thanks for your continual support guys!

EDIT 6: Compliments to impudent urinal once again, this time for uploading all the albums to Mediafire, after some complaints were made about having to register to use 4shared.

EDIT 7: Compliments to Tjaiko for sharing a 256kbps version of "Season 3 Trailer". Thanks for the upgrade, man!

EDIT 8: W-what? The first post looks a lot nicer all of a sudden? It's, ah, t-totally looked like that!

EDIT 9: Tracks from the second season of Legend Of Korra added!

EDIT 10: Legend Of Korra: Book 2 release expanded!

EDIT 11 (30/08/2014): Legend Of Korra: Book 2 release expanded! Again! Also, I'm time stamping these now like I should've been doing since the first one.
    Last edited by GlassButterflies; 08-30-2014 at 04:00 AM.

Grand Shriner
    Wow thanks. It is really sad there is no official release. The music is amazing. I watched the series quite a few times just for the music.

Screw you Nickelodeon or whoever it concerns for not releasing the soundtrack.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Interview if anyone is interested :- [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Thanks for saying thanks! 110% agree with everything you said. I find it interesting how up until recently Jeremy and Ben were taking requests on their site and actually RELEASING the music to the people; what's up with that? Did they not know Nickelodeon would be paranoid about their intellectual property, or were they just ignorant? Or [conspiracy theory] perhaps Nick WERE okay with them releasing snippets, but realizing how popular the music was ordered the Track Team to cease and desist, thinking if the music was this popular, they could potentially release some additional tracks on iTunes and rack in a fortune? [/conspiracy theory]

And very cool interview; I found it interesting how the two made very little distinction between sound design and music; they both compliment one another. Perhaps the high quality of the soundtrack is also responsible for the varying and interesting soundscape of the sound effects, especially the bending effects? Whichever way it was, they're both amazing.

Grand Shriner
    Thanks for this
    Finally some musi of it!

Oh and by the way, thanks for this. A few of these I don't have, especially Aang faces Ozai.

匪天 (pr3y : pr4y) = symph0ny {k3yb04rd + El3c. Gu1t Orie's Avatar
    Proper place moved.
    "For the Sake of our Heart-CORE... & ♥Juri♥"

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    DON'T ASK ME ABOUT LOSSLESS OR JURI KILLS YOU

Argh, apologies for putting this in the wrong place yet again; thanks for moving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Badman View Post

Oh and by the way, thanks for this. A few of these I don't have, especially Aang faces Ozai.
    No problem! To be fair, the term 'anime' itself is being applied a bit too liberally as of late. I always thought of it more as a specific art style instead of "it's from Japan, therefore it's anime". I wouldn't say Avatar is 100% anime, but it does have anime qualities, much like Teen Titans. But I'm in no way an anime buff and I can see where you're coming from, so I'll try not to make the same mistake again.
    Just thought I'd add my $0.02 worth!
    androos69 likes this.

The dullness of fools is the whetstone of the wit. impudent urinal's Avatar
    I just said someone should do this like yesterday. It's like you read my mind.

Could have saved some effort if I just waited a day. I also compiled from a bunch of sources and used this as a cover
    Quote Originally Posted by impudent urinal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Faustus View Post
    That's feckin wiggins.
    Quote Originally Posted by N-10_Aden View Post
    Man fuck this piece of shit.

Thanks for the cover, definitely might use that sometime! Here's another one that I used up until recently:

And thanks for the gif, it got a chuckle out of me!

Shriner
    Here's my version of a cover that I've been using.

Original post editted on behalf of impudent urinal, who linked me to a bunch of awesome tracks, including two all-new ones! A big thank you!

Check it out!

Grand Shriner
    Thank you so much for this awesome piece of music! I also can't understand how come they never released a soundtrack! The music is so amazing!

MEGA-ULTRA UPDATE TIEMZ. Added FOUR new tracks, two of them ('The Dragon Dance' and 'Energybending') ripped straight from the show by Youtube user [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (whom also uploaded 'The Lion Turtle' and I forgot to give credit for, in which case...many apologies!). The other two tracks are from the upcoming Legend of Korra spinoff show, but since I haven't managed to get my grubby little hands on the unreleased selection of Korra music The Track Team are giving away on the new fansite [Hidden link. Register to see links.], I've decided to just put the two tracks I have here. Oh, the things I would do if someone were to perhaps upload the tracks somewhere...my eternal gratitude most probably wouldn't be enough...

Oh, and I made another crappy cover for your convenience. Gaze upon it and laugh at my woeful Paint skills. (Credit to the deviantartist [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for the original image. Go and thank him for his amazing work...NAO).

Enjoy!

EDIT: If someone were to change the title of the this thread to the new title of my first post...well, Valentine's Day has come and gone so I probably won't do anything. But I would be gracious; so very, very gracious!

Thank you kindly!

Onion Kid
    Thank you!

Thanks a lot!

The unreleased tracks do not appear to be freely had. You have to have 150 "points" to get access to them. Ya gotta sign up on face book, then "share" with friends to earn points, and I'm sorry but that isn't happening.

Well, the little disclaimer at the bottom of the page says "U.S prizing only", so either way I don't think I'd be able to get them. The best I can hope for is someone uploads them somewhere, even if it is on grooveshark or something.

Thank you.

Grand Shriner
    It seems the Avatar series has snuck into the anime section again. I found this thread which has, apparently, Legend of Korra cues. I can't exactly verify it myself, but it sounds like The Track Team to me:

Quote Originally Posted by treeleaf49 View Post
    It seems the Avatar series has snuck into the anime section again. I found this thread which has, apparently, Legend of Korra cues. I can't exactly verify it myself, but it sounds like The Track Team to me:

Fun fact, this thread actually started life in the Anime Music Downloads section, until I was told rather bluntly that Avatar "ain't an anime". So there's that.

Thanks for the detective work...I was actually just linked to these files via an acquaintance yesterday, who said he found what I thought was super-mega-ultra rare music via Google search. I'm frankly embarrassed; I swear I've searched Google for two hours or more trying to get a hold of this release, gave up, only to have someone else drop them on my lap. On the one hand, I am over-joyed to have received this music, on the other hand I feel emancipated. Am I just Googling wrong?

I'll upload the Korra tracks later tonight along with the two I've already uploaded. I think I'll do both of them separately, just for neatness. Would be cool if this thread could get a title change though...doesn't look very professional. And if I'm putting up the Korra tracks as well as the original ATLA stuff the old thread title is kinda misleading.

The dullness of fools is the whetstone of the wit. impudent urinal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassButterflies View Post
    Thanks for the detective work...I was actually just linked to these files via an acquaintance yesterday, who said he found what I thought was super-mega-ultra rare music via Google search. I'm frankly embarrassed; I swear I've searched Google for two hours or more trying to get a hold of this release, gave up, only to have someone else drop them on my lap. On the one hand, I am over-joyed to have received this music, on the other hand I feel emancipated. Am I just Googling wrong?
    Turn off safesearch and be clear what you want using as few words as possible. I just googled "korra nation music tracks" and boom 2nd link was a winner

Quote Originally Posted by GlassButterflies View Post
    Would be cool if this thread could get a title change though...doesn't look very professional. And if I'm putting up the Korra tracks as well as the original ATLA stuff the old thread title is kinda misleading.
    Just ask an admin like Jessie or Marceline. They should have the means to edit thread titles.

SHAMELESS BUMP DISGUISED AS AN UPDATE! I uploaded all my Legend of Korra stuff as promised, but forgot to tell anyone. So, yeah, there they are! I also asked the mods to change the title to be more in line with current title format guidelines. So, there we go!

Thanks

A bit of house-cleaning in this update. Nothing major but a lot of little changes that add up, hence the bump. Here's the rundown:

- The 'Escape From The Spirit World' tracks have been removed from the main series soundtrack and given their own seperate folder (all four of 'em ) About high time I did so, I felt the inclusion of the tracks disrupted the flow of the score severely, with their tinny 'video-gamey' sound and distracting SFX. Plus, you know, the music is from the flash-game and NOT the series, so there's that.
    - Gave the old album artwork to the 'Escape From The Spirit World' soundtrack, and am using the new one for the original release. I also made this crappy alternate artwork for 'Escape From The Spirit World'.
    - I also removed the ripped tracks "The Dragon Dance" and "Energybending", simply because I felt they had too much SFX to be considered part of the album. I kept "The Lion Turtle" though, since the SFX is quite minimal in that track.

Perhaps the most exciting update, [Hidden link. Register to see links.] guy was able to provide the tracks from Operation Kino's #52 podcast in better quality. Here's the track changes:
    - "Leisurely Stroll" was missing a 20 second intro. Hence the track has been extended to about a minute long.
    - "The Unknown" no longer has that abrupt hissing at the start of the track.
    - The PROPER extended version of "The Rally", which combines the 20 second intro from the original release that didn't feature on the podcast.

I would also like to add that the names for the Operation Kino tracks are fanmade, and came out before they had appeared in the series. However, more episodes have been released now, and every single track on the 'Legend of Korra' soundtrack has now been featured on the show. Unsurprisingly, the fanmade names do not match up with the situation the music plays, so let me put out a challenge to anyone reading this to come up with some new track names! For those who are unsure where the new tracks play in the series, a quick briefing:

"Leisurely Stroll": Plays straight after "Dixieland Interlude", with Mako on his date with Asami.
    "Dixieland Interlude": Plays when Mako arrives at the restaurant and is given a Makover (see what I did there?!) in preparation for his date with Asami.
    "The Unknown": Plays when Mako and Korra rest in the park after looking for Bolin (who's been kidnapped) all night, Mako recounts the death of his parents and his involvement with a gang.

Oh, and a reminder that ANY album art is welcomed, particularly for the 'Legend of Korra' soundtrack. Notice the little Aang in the corner of the current album art? Yeah, doesn't look quite as good now, doesn't it?

Thanks for the views and downloads, guys!

Most Complete Film Score Threads: [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast