Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By JBarron2005
  • 1 Post By JBarron2005
  • 1 Post By JBarron2005

Thread: Video Game Music and Arrangements by Josh Barron

Grand Shriner

Video Game Music and Arrangements by Josh Barron

My name is Josh Barron and some may recognize me as the one who produced the Unofficial Kingdom Hearts Piano Collection as well as an arranger on OneUp Studios' Xenogears Light | An Arrange Album. I currently work for Ronime Studios and have been creating music there for over two years. I still arrange video game music on the side as well as perform some works live. You can find my Kingdom Hearts work just by googling it or visiting [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. There you can find the sheet music.

For my growing collection of compositions and arrangements as well as the latest music from me you can find most of it here:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I hope that those who listen will enjoy what I have. If anyone has any questions regarding my projects or employment please contact me through pm or email at [Hidden link. Register to see links.].

I would very much like feedback and comments on my work . You can do that here or post on my soundcloud page.

Shriner
    Hey,

Hero would like to know what you use for your strings. Hero uses a free sfz called ConcertGM but it, admittedly, doesn't have the quality that what you're using does.

The songs are very well arranged, you should be very proud of yourself ^^

Onion Kid
    This is very great, I haven't listened to all of them, but I already like it

Grand Shriner
    Hero,

First of all, thanks for listening and posting! I use EastWest Quantum Leap Goliath, but I recently purchased a new computer and the EastWest Symphonic Orchestra set along with Stormdrums 2. I find them to be really reliable libraries.

Hertzez,

Thank you very much. I have posted new works along with some redux versions (including some Legend of Mana and Final Fantasy VII).

Grand Shriner
    Pretty nice music!

Grand Shriner
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

Grand Shriner
    I am doing three very big projects that will be released 2014-2015. Two are arrangement projects and are definitely something fans of my work will recognize and appreciate. The other one is super secret, but it is definitely a solo work. I will release more info when the higher ups let me .
    DanteUruzu likes this.

Grand Shriner

A sneak peek at my new arrangement of Sulyya Springs from Final Fantasy XIII for Piano and Cello.
    DanteUruzu likes this.

Banned
    I had a look om your work. Pretty nice work you did out there. Thanks for sharing it out here. Really appreciate that. You really have a reputation out there.

Grand Shriner
    Thank you, Suzanne Owens . I wasn't aware that I had a reputation. I just try to make music that inspires others and to honor the composers who have impacted me. I appreciate your feedback! Thank you! I should have a new performance following up Sulyya Springs in the form of Final Fantasy XII's Eruyt Village for piano and string quartet.

Grand Shriner

New compositions at the top of my profile! They are very much in the realm of RPG music and each have their own distinct sound. I hope you all enjoy! I hope to have new complete works up in the very near future!

Grand Shriner
    New compositions and my complete soundtrack demo to my first game score dOLLhOUSe, a psychological survivor horror, are added to my soundcloud page.

Grand Shriner

Preview of Fang's Theme from Final Fantasy XIII for String Orchestra. This is the first track on my upcoming album which will feature string orchestra arrangements of various game compositions. I will release the tracklist soon once I get all the arrangements gathered. I have one recording nearly done and two are in their first draft. I have over half of the album's music done which I expect will be about 13 pieces on the album with two bonus for those who buy and two extra bonus tracks for those who pre-order. Make sure to show your support and spread the word of the album and the preview piece. I will release Fang's Theme in its entirety when the recording is completely polished.

Thank you to all who have supported me and offered advice and direction !