Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some of my unfinished illustrations... O_o

Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Hynad's Avatar

Some of my unfinished illustrations... O_o

Yeah, these illustrations have been resting on my working desk for months, collecting dust. I thought I'd post them here and see what you think about them. Comments are highly welcome, as it might help me get some ideas as to how to end them.

Note: All the images have been scanned at 50% of their original size (except for the mage.... turns out he was scanned bigger than its original size @_@).

The first one is all done except for the colors. Which I will do on my comp using Painter X.

[IMG]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t136/[IMG]

The second is an evil mage walking in a deadland he created by leeching the life energy of everything in his passage. I'm still only working on the mage though, so I didn't scan the rest of the pic, since there is only sketchy guide lines.

The last one, I have a really good reason to be lazy to finish it. I started working on it when I was with my ex gf, and I made it thinking about her. So everytime I tell myself I should finish it (you should always finish what you started), well, the memories of her come back, and I just don't feel like wasting my energies on it... I need to find a way to view the image as something else. I know. ^^

Again, comments and ideas are welcome.

[...]

I wonder what it'd be like to be illiterate...
    AH you poor thing. I feel bad for you so here is your reply and my first post. A good thing for both of us. And I love your drawings, sweet.

TM
    welcome Chimera, also nice pics Hynard.

Sig too big

Thanks, Master. Off topic, is it just me or do you like the pokemon Tyrannitar a lot?

Wanna caress my "broomstick" barretboy14's Avatar
    They are very good, I wish i could draw. I can't even get stick figures in proportion.

Thanks to UltimateFFFan for this sig/ava

Friends [Cyancyde;FF1withallthieves; TheIrishSephiroth; MossY; Mr Denny; Giga flare; Heck Hebel; Enya] PM to join

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]"]The FF9 Rumble[/URL]

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

TM
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimerahound View Post
    AH you poor thing. I feel bad for you so here is your reply and my first post. A good thing for both of us. And I love your drawings, sweet.
    WTF, I was just wondering why this part of the forum is so dead. I didn't ask for your pity. You clearly didn't choose to start on a bright way with me here.

What a dumb ass first post you did there.

TM
    Lmao.

TM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimerahound View Post
    Thanks, Master. Off topic, is it just me or do you like the pokemon Tyrannitar a lot?
    Oh yes I do, Tyranitar is my fave pokemon, are you only asking that because I have it as my avatar?

Righful owner of the matrix jewess crabcake's Avatar
    I'm seriously impressed, so impressed I question whether you did it, not that I limit your abilities, it's just they are so great. And the first one, the blades of grass and leaves are so detailed. You are obviously an intentive artist, I can't wait to see more.

You own a Xbox 360? Join the [Hidden link. Register to see links.] today!

Hey Hynad, GO TO HELL!!! I was just trying to be nice. Master, I was also commenting on your Tyranitar because I happen to like Larvitar.

You are incredibly talented, Hynad. I'd love to see more of your work. ^^

What kind of pencil are you using? and I've just saved your pics on my pc they are that good.

Smarties: For the first one, I did the drawing with a regular HB pen, then redid the lines using a Chinese ink pen.

The 2 others are done using pencils ranging from HB to 4B.

My pencil of predilection, the one I do most of my work with, is the 2B pencil.

Thanks for the comments. And yes O_o, I'm really the one who did those. I'm not like that Angel_Sweetie!
    And there are more to come. If you really like them, then I'll post them all here when they are done.

Chimerahound, just shut up already. You came in here trying to be nice, but your approach lacked any kind of respect.

You my friend, have a new fan, and I'd love to see more.

Wanna caress my "broomstick" barretboy14's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarties View Post
    You my friend, have a new fan, and I'd love to see more.
    QFFT

Dayum. These are actually pretty awesome. Looking forward to more.

How long did these take to do?

Ein Fahrender Ritter Valerie Valens's Avatar
    Those are pretty damn good, you're quite the skilled draftsman. The one thing I could recommend you to work on is the torso muscle anatomy, because it seemed quite lacking in the first picture in contrast to the awesome dragon. The impact would have been much more if you gave the guy a more well-defined upper torso and a 6-pack.
    Stupidity of the year 2008 :

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    I am sorry, but does my predicament offend you, TK? You seem overly bitter. Why? Because I only work three hours a day? Because your life seems way more stressed compared to me?

I'm sorry, but you know absolutely nothing about me, and certainly not enough to look down your nose at me and my problems. And that goes for all of you.

Joan-Michele, I did mention this pic is intended to be completed with colors using my computer (it's actually underway).

And besides, not everything you wear will make you look muscular and make your 6 pack stand out.

But what I gather is that muscular men with 6 packs are your thing.

Ein Fahrender Ritter Valerie Valens's Avatar
    Damn, you saw through my plan. :>

I really like the way you drew the woman in the last picture. The lines of the body, curves, and shadowing are near perfect. The breasts are well done, and aren't ridiculously huge like I see in some drawings of (half)naked women. Only complain in that one is that the right breast (or her left, I suppose) looks just a bit off in its shape or positioning. And maybe make the curve of the jaw a bit sharper.

I love the 2nd one.

The 1st one has a bit of a different style to me, and something about the warrior guy seems a bit off. I understand its done now, so maybe coloring will give me a better idea of what's going on. Not like its bad by any means though

yeah, I just noticed that. It's just a matter of "centering" her nip at the right place. Thanks for the constructive comments.

As for the jaw, no way! It's staying like this for a good reason you'll discover once all the details surrounding her body are done as well as the lighting emanating from it. :P

Shriner
    The poses in your pictures don't flow with emotion. They look too stiff. The shading is done fairly well on the second picture though.

I actually thought a long while before addressing this comment of yours. Wondering if it was really thought as a constructive comment, or if it was just you fishing for an argument in parallel to our little quarrel in this other thread...

So yeah, I am currently studying the human body in dynamic poses and movements (since I know there is certainly a lack of this in my pics in general... side note: Thank you so much Burne Hogarth!). The next batch of pics I'll post will be way beyond the level of these in that regard and in term of overall presentation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast