Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Worst Anime?

Decus of the Spicules Crowley_Ism's Avatar
    Oh well to all his own opinion. I trid watching Ghost in the Shell and way too boring for my tastes....Bebop is the same, but that's only because I like weird freaky stuff and it's just too "normal" for me I guess. There are actually a very few episodes of Bebop that I like, just not many...I do agree it has a wonderful soundtrack though, as does GITS....
    sPiCuLe

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley_Ism View Post
    Oh well to all his own opinion. I trid watching Ghost in the Shell and way too boring for my tastes....Bebop is the same, but that's only because I like weird freaky stuff and it's just too "normal" for me I guess.
    Well, with that said, I'm just going to blow off the fact that you mentioned Bebop as the worst because this isn't the "Anime I Dislike Thread". If anyone ever honestly said it was the worst, I'd expect a damn good arguement.

~That is all.
    mailbox v2.1 tsumugi; K-ON

Decus of the Spicules Crowley_Ism's Avatar
    Well I guess it's because I like so many, those are just at the bottom of my list so far...so they are indeed the worst to me as far as what I have watched...That's not to say I'll watch another that will bring them up a bit one day. It could very well happen.

Shriner
    Inuyasha. why? Because of bullshit. Whenever they get close to killing Naraku, some new bullshit pops up.

Let's see....There's not many animes that I hate but the few that I do are:

DBZ(or any Dragonball for that matter) for some reason I didn't like the animation and the story was kinda boring.
    Inuyasha- too overrated sometimes and it seemed like it would never end.
    BO BO BO-BO-BO-BO BO- I don't think I really need a reason for this one.
    Duel Masters- too random for me and I didn't get the rules of the game.
    And basically anything excessively bloody- I guess I have a weak stomach :P.

Unlike most people who posted, I do like Digimon and Pokemon(but Digimon more). For Pokemon, I mainly liked the first season best and the 3rd, 6th, and 8th movie. I liked Digimon because the story was a little more complex but as I got older I realized how lame the theme song and the jokes were so I watch the Japanese versions now, which are a whole lot better than the dub(especially the music). My favorite season is Tamers followed by Savers.

Hika Yagami

Wishing upon a star... tolkienfreak3791's Avatar
    I despise Naruto and InuYasha. Naruto is just very typical, and it just drags on. And while I did like the manga for a time, the English voice actors suck. I feel like my ears will bleed every time I hear Naruto's voice.

And as for InuYasha, I was a huge fan at one point. But then I realized that-in the 300 or so episodes that are out there- absolutely nothing happens. If you compare the first few episodes to the last few, there are almost no differences.
    When the series ends, have they collected all the jewel shards? No.
    Have they killed Naraku? No.
    Has Inuyasha finally gotten off his *** and chosen between Kikyo and Kagome?
    Nope.
    Gah! It's so annoying!
    I can't control my destiny; my only goal is just to be.

Kikyo > Kagome, IMO.

But yeah, Inuyasha sucks pretty fucking bad.

Well if me i dislike those complicated storyline, hard to understand fact in their anime and repeatative storyline that mean you can easily guess what happens next.

i no speak this country language! D: thinginthetub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jijiey View Post
    Well if me i dislike those complicated storyline, hard to understand fact in their anime and repeatative storyline that mean you can easily guess what happens next.
    Stellar effort! Now, let's try and rephrase that so everybody can actually understand what the fuck you're trying to say.

Onion Kid
    Why no one mencionates Duel master, is the worst anime, even for my itŮs only a )(/& (/&

Barbarik freak
    Pokemon is really unbelievable. My cousin wanted me to watch it and I never did. Happy I didn't. I have watched some weird anime, but I liked Gasaraki a lot, even thought it was too smart for me. Cybaster was BAD, the graphics were bad and the storyline was sad.

But that's just me.

"prince of tenis" is probably the lamest anime, there's no point to it!!!

Grand Shriner
    from what i've seen, Bleach, Naruto and Inuyasha are pretty fucking horrid.

special mention to Big O as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tolkienfreak3791 View Post
    I despise Naruto and InuYasha. Naruto is just very typical, and it just drags on.
    Agreed!

Then, there is [Hidden link. Register to see links.]... "Sexy Commando" form of martial art??! What an idea!

Onion Kid
    All of the mentioned animes have nothing against the failure that is...oh God, it's a taboo to even whisper it's name, but...it is...

MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM SEED DESTINY!!!

As a Gundam fan, I thought it would be a good series, but it's a train wreak. Starts out sort of interesting, then deteriorates when Jesus Yamato shows up. It gets even worse when he not only survives an anti-ship sword through the cockpit, but then steals the spotlight from the main character. It's bad enough that the story is a failed copy of Zeta Gundam, but it gets a lot worse with the constant recaps and flashbacks. Of course, let's not forget the screwed up stock footage used. The ending overall is just crap and completely anti-climactic. See, this is why you don't hire a director who hires his wife as a writer... Luckily, that bastard Fukuda and his wife, Morosawa, have been fired. It's a good thing Gundam Seed CE 73: Stargazer came out to partially redeem the biggest failure in the history of Gundam. Still, it sucked that it was only made up of three 15-minute segments. I know they are going to have a total of four compilation movies, but from what I've heard, the ones so far are horrible. The only thing that can redeem it is if they completely change the ending and just flat out kill Kira. I'd love to see the "Awakening Light" ending occur instead...

In second place is Mobile Suit Gundam Seed because it was completely unoriginal and suffered almost all the problems of its sequel, including major changes in the planned storyline. It's barely acceptable as a Gundam series. Still, it was its sequel that made me just not consider CE as part of Gundam at all.

As for the other AU series, they're a hell lot better than anything from CE. Although I did dislike G Gundam, it took a while to see its different portrayal of war, since I wasn't too familiar with other Super Robot animes. As for Gundam Wing, it's pretty much an exemplary AU series and does tributes correctly without ripping off UC. Even though there are recaps and stock footage, its not as bad or as noticeable as Seed's. The only problem is character development, which is why you would have to turn to parts of Endless Waltz and especially its manga, Episode Zero. Gundam X is not exactly considered AU anymore, but it was originally considered one. The characters are interesting and the plot is very good, but it did suffer problems because it got cut ten episodes short. If it was brought over here, it may do better than Gundam Wing, considering many idolize Wing Zero as a god, but the Gundam X could kick it's ass...

Aji
    In response to the Natsumi's first post:
    I used to watch DBZ because we only had one tv, and that's all my older brother and our cousins wanted to watch. I never understood or liked it...

I miss the old Pokemon series. Sometimes I catch the old episodes, but I haven't lately. There are all these new Pokemon, and they just look odd... and that's a bad odd.

~I like to play internet sockpuppet~ Angel_sweetie's Avatar
    my sister thinks that YuYu Hokuso is the worst anime

I can never do NUTHING!!! Vastalis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grymmrosso View Post
    Inuyasha. why? Because of bullshit. Whenever they get close to killing Naraku, some new bullshit pops up.
    Absolutely!

I also hate "Prince of Tennis"? How fucken dramatical can every shot be!

Sorry to say this, but I also hate Evangelion (fell asleep), Gundam "Waltz", Macross 7, Pukemon.

The first 3 seasons of Digimon were cool.
    Who has the best record in Baseball? The Dodgers!!!
    Henry Rollins

A Real American Hero!

Here's a cool Flash movie about the Aztec God [Hidden link. Register to see links.]!

Quote Originally Posted by Vastalis View Post
    Absolutely!

I also hate "Prince of Tennis"? How fucken dramatical can every shot be!

Sorry to say this, but I also hate Evangelion (fell asleep), Gundam "Waltz", Macross 7, Pukemon.

The first 3 seasons of Digimon were cool.
    Word.

I honestly don't get what the big deal is with Evangelion.
    Also...Naruto, DBZ, Prince of Tennis, and any other anime that repeatedly overdramaticizes the smallest things can just rot for all I care.
    New Sig under construction

Ein Fahrender Ritter Valerie Valens's Avatar
    Naruto, I can't stress this nearly enough.
    Stupidity of the year 2008 :

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    I am sorry, but does my predicament offend you, TK? You seem overly bitter. Why? Because I only work three hours a day? Because your life seems way more stressed compared to me?

I'm sorry, but you know absolutely nothing about me, and certainly not enough to look down your nose at me and my problems. And that goes for all of you.

The worst anime ever is Naruto hands down.
    "Do not let your spirit be influenced by your body, or your body influenced by your spirit" - Miyamoto Musashi

Onion Kid
    I HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Inu-yasha and Naruto and pokemon sucks

the worst anime ever created: Pokemon....the worst anime EVER...

Onion Kid
    Prince Of Tennis I watched one ep. WHAT THE FUCK MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you mean to tell me though this whole show all the guy does is play tennis and learn some special move. How lame is that!!! but my biggest gripe is why does Adult Swim keep Inu-Yasha on the air DAMN MAN how much longer are they going to keep it on the air!!!!

Cats PWN you. Get over it. rhimineecat's Avatar
    Probably gonna piss off a lot of people here but.... I HATE Naruto.... so much.... most of said hate is aimed at the TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE dub *shudders*
    Also, Pokemon makes me sad, but I enjoy Pikachu because it's cute and I have a backpack shaped like it. I also did not like Trinity Blood, because Abel was exactly the same as Vash from Trigun. He ruined the show.