Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Which anime was the saddest to you? *spoilers*

Onion Kid
    Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

and a bit the end of chrno crusade

Quote Originally Posted by whatablast View Post
    Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
    I agree, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (Rumbling Hearts in the US) had a few extremely sad moments, even after watching it twice I still couldnt keep a few tears from sliding out when *SPOILER* Takayuki and Haruka finally part ways *END SPOILER*, that is one damn tear jerking moment.

But my choice for saddest anime series I've ever watched definetly has to be TWIN SPICA, a not-so-known 20 episode series about a girl, Asumi, who dreams of becoming an astronaut and manages to enter the space academy (actually my avatar comes from this show). Almost every episode where you have flashbacks of Asumi's childhood is sure to bring you to tears at some point or another, or if you just want to play it brave and not cry, you'll be choking on the knot that will build inside your throat. So if you haven't seen this show yet, I hope you manage to find it! (it was never released stateside)

Fullmetal Alchemist made me sob D:

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by catreroth View Post
    I agree, Kimi ga had Nozomu Eien (Rumbling Hearts in the US) a few extremely sad moments, even after watching it twice I still couldnt keep a few tears from sliding out when *SPOILER* Takayuki and Haruka finally part ways *END SPOILER*, that is one damn tear jerking moment.

But my choice for saddest anime series I've ever watched definetly has to be TWIN SPICA, a not-so-known 20 episode series about a girl, Asumi, who dreams of becoming an astronaut and manages to enter the space academy (actually my avatar comes from this show). Almost every episode where you have flashbacks of Asumi's childhood is sure to bring you to tears at some point or another, or if you just want to play it brave and not cry, you'll be choking on the knot that will build inside your throat. So if you haven't seen this show yet, I hope you manage to find it! (it was never released stateside)
    gonna watch this one(torrent and rapidshare premium ftw^^)

cowboy bebop (death is always sad)my favorit anime ever
    Jin Roh another sad anime movie

death note

i dont get it who feel sad for Light??
    In first episodes he promised to punish only those who deserve it but in the end he killed everybody even his father !!!
    He become what he so dispised a MURDERer . The only way for someone like him was death but the death of L was really unpridicable

Elfen Lied is my favorite and one of the saddest ones I've seen. The first anime I ever cried about was Pokemon the First Movie near the end... :P

Before I saw Elfen Lied, the only other anime that jerked a tear or so from me was Yu Yu Hakusho when Kuwabara goes to Yusuke's funeral and still wants to fight him (well, I thought it was sad, anyway...).

As long as Humans exist, so will war Kusanagi28's Avatar
    Full Metal Alchemist and Elfen Lied were both quite sad for me I cried a little for Elfen Lied

I thought the OVA for Rurouni Kenshin was pretty sad, telling of his old life as a killer. Shows how people can do evil while thinking they have gd intentions.

My most recent memory of a fairly sad anime was Myself; Yourself. It didn't end sadly at the very end, but the people were pretty miserable. And many of them were pretty messed up psychologically.

I shamelessly admit that the anime I cried most while watching was Ai Yori Aoshi, somewhere around the last eight episodes of the first season. It wasn't even that sad-- it just moved me somehow.

I have seen Kimi ga Nozumu Eien, as mentioned recently, but it wasn't painful to me in a sad way. It was painful to me in a grating way.
    Must've been evil peanut butter.

Onion Kid
    AIR (TV) the last episode of the series was sad and same with the scene where Michiru says good-bye to Minagi.

Full Metal Alchemist - Elysia and her father's funeral

Grave of the Fireflies.

I cried. I cried alot, that movie was really just so depressing. As well, I'm a big WWII buff, and that didn't help any.

The Irish Viscount, KALMAH Mr E. Stalker's Avatar
    Yeah, Grave Of The Fireflies was pretty sad.
    -Ireland is where strange tales begin and happy endings are possible.
    -I'm in love with Rosa Farrell. I'm better then Cecil.
    -You know what is really going to make me laugh uncontrollably? When they come out with Final Fantasy XXX.
    -Freedom of Speech is the best freedom ever.
    -Real men wear [Irish] kilts.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraangel View Post
    AIR (TV) the last episode of the series was sad and same with the scene where Michiru says good-bye to Minagi.
    I actually cried a lot at that scene.

Just watched all 26 sessions of Cowboy Beebop over like 3 days and must say that is the saddest for me (not hard give that I have only watched two others lol)

**SPOILERS** though nothing that hasn't already been said..

I was the saddedest when Ein died rather than every else, wait, that never happened.

But seriously, I think Spike dying made sense in the whole scheme of the series. I was sadder when Ed and Ein left. Basically, because at this point Faye had already left and it sort of felt like the team was breaking up (which of course they were).

I really felt like I had connected with them, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
    The sadess was chobits to me...
    Yea, Chobits is saddie, I Cried many times, Overall the Episode 21, That is a SAD episode in all the word. However, it haves a happy ending

For games, Yea, FF7 Is Sad, along with KH and FFX

yea dat shit was sad when kenshin accidentally killed tomoe

Quote Originally Posted by TruthsDisciple View Post
    yea dat shit was sad when kenshin accidentally killed tomoe

I could only watch that anime once Lol. It was too depressing. I watched it at my friend's house and I was like "I'm going home." Long-sad-walk back to my house Lol.

I never finished Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien but it was pretty sad after that over the top tragic accident. But after a while it just got annoying imo.

Tokyo U Wannabe Keitaro Urashima's Avatar
    AIR In Episode 12, saddest scene where Misuzu Kamio is walking toward Yukito Kunisaki & Haruko Kamio. Music plays is Blue Skies. The other is Clannad: The Movie. The scene where Nagisa Furukawa walking upward to hill toward Nagisa parent carrying Ushio with Tomoya Okazaki.

I wuz also heated when pain/pein killed jiraiya
    "Ascension Is The Key"

The ending of Chrno Trigger. The only Anime so far which made me cry.

Onion Kid
    I can name these three:

Ginban Kaleidoscope:

I literally broke into tears with the ending (first time!). Well, Pete was a ghost that only possessed Sakurano for a hundred days.

School Days:

It was sad because of the killings of Makuto and Sekai. Why the heck does it have to be that way?!?! Now, Kotonoha is left alone.

GateKeepers 21:

Simply because it was too short and a lot of questions were still left unanswered while also putting and big period on the GateKeepers.

Spoiler~

Not sure if anyone mentioned this anime but for me it had to be gun grave, cause brandon lost everything to his best friend and still couldnt put himself up to killing him cause they were like family and both him and harry ended up dying in the end

Warrior, Protector, Friend solid8bit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    *Spoiler*

Yeah same goes here trigun was a sad anime yet funny at some point but cowboy bebop was sadder cause spike dies.....
    Oh, I don't know about that. Sure, Spike gets sliced like 5 times, but is he really dead? Spike Spiegel...... I remember him collapsing. That dosn't mean he is dead.
    Not only that i have heard rumors of a 2nd Season, or at least a couple more episodes that ties everything up.
    See you Space Cowboy!
    固体 戦士
    In Victory There Is Truth

The saddest anime i've ever watched was Elfen lied.
    Kanon and Air were very sad too

sees through the bs! All Seeing Eye's Avatar
    The saddest Anime I watched was Grave of Fireflies. I had to hold the tears in when the movie came to an end.