Thread: Would a Samurai Jack movie be possible or impossible?

Would a Samurai Jack movie be possible or impossible?

I never really thought it would be possible for a theatrical big screen cinematic Samurai Jack movie to get made, would it?

we people space with phantoms avilslare's Avatar
    Maybe with a kickstarter

Just look at Veronica Mars
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I know it's been a month since I first started this thread...

We all know that Frozen (2013) is currently the biggest moneymaker in the history of the animation medium (and one of the biggest moneymakers in cinematic history) and we all know that before Frozen, first The Lion King (1994), then Finding Nemo (2003), then Shrek 2 (2004) and then Toy Story 3 (2010) previously held that title.

And we all know that there might be a Samurai Jack feature film reportedly in the works in the future presumably under Genndy Tartakovsky’s direction and to be presumably produced by Fred Seibert’s Frederator Studio, but...

In my opinion, if a Samurai Jack feature film (presumably to be produced under Genndy Tartakovsky’s direction) would ever finally get made and hopefully reach the big screen of movie theaters, if so then, it will be my hope, dream, and wish, then, that the big screen Samurai Jack feature film could, would, and might unwittingly and unexpectedly do the unthinkable, which is to possibly surpass Disney’s Frozen (2013) and The Lion King (1994), DreamWorks’ Shrek 2 (2004), and even Pixar’s Toy Story 3 (2010) and Finding Nemo (2003) to hopefully become possibly the all-time biggest, highest-grossing, and/or most successful animated movie in cinema history (and hopefully one of the biggest, highest grossing and/or most successful movies of all time, animated or live action) in the future, and to the point of inspiring Disney and other animation companies to start trying to do something similar, and that will be my hope and dream and wish for the Samurai Jack feature film!

Or would it?

Well, we shall see about that!

Onion Kid
    I think that it is a very possible outcome that a feature film will be made and I hope it does. Recently I've rediscovered the show and its just brought back a lot of memories and made me realize why I love this show. Word on the street is that its in pre production with a budget of 20 million. Beating frozen or any of those other animated movies is totally unrealistic though. Jack just doesn't have nearly as big of a fan base to tackle that. Here's hoping this gets made.

Samurai Jack is a great cartoon. I would be very pleased if I could see it in the cinema. On the other hand, I am concerned about it, because I am not sure that they can take the soul of this cartoon and make from it a full movie. What I mean is that it is not going to be easy.