Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Star Trek: Enterprise

You know you love him... GrayEdwards's Avatar
    Yeah, the Defiant is badass.

But, I was talking about the Enterprise from First Contact to Nemesis.

I just love how sleek it looks. And the yellow deflector dish was a departure that I liked.

Complete Score Wishlist:

James Horner - Troy; Titanic
    Stardust - Ilan Eshkeri; Six Feet Under - Richard Marvin; Dorian Gray - Charlie Mole, The Fall - Krishna Levy
    Hans Zimmer - Man of Steel, Rush, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    So...Star Trek: Legacy?

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

It's all about solving problems. The main one at play is giving the ship's not only a sense of scale, but a sense of increasing scale. The easiest solution is to keep the same basic configuration but squeeze the design along a particular axis. In the case of the D, that meant making it wider (and less phallic.) That didn't work out so well, so afterwards they went with what Excelsior used, making it longer. In practical terms, something has to go, and the easiest thing to dump is the neck. By the time you get to the E, the neck disappears completely.
    I think the E's okay, although I think the arrowhead pattern on the underside of the hull is unnecessary.
    JonC

(Sorry, I meant the D in the earlier post.)
    Do to changes in my schedule, I am not able to do uploads, renew links or fulfill requests at this time. I will resume uploads if and when the situation changes.

I'd like 'them' to make a ST series that's focused on war at the start and then goes to peace - like some kind of 'reverse' DS9.

Get some great warships from all sides.

Given the money the reboot film made (in the gajillions,) all previous formats and stories are irrelevant if a new series were launched. Right now there is no impudence to do anything but movies...And they're having serious problems even doing that right now. (There will be another film. It's just a question of how long before they fix the spectacular script problems.)

If you remove this from the equation, and still make shows a viable option, you still don't get a war series. As far as Trek is concerned, they already had that with DS9, and they're right. As much fun as the ships would be, you can't make a show just out of ship designs. From a character and plot standpoint, there's not a lot of material left to work with that DS9 didn't already cover. You'd have better luck pushing for stuff in a new game.

I can't speak for Legacy, I haven't played it. But from what I've read, I'm not excited enough to seek it out. There are other pure Trek war games that seem like a better fit.

JonC

I dig that, but I mean more I'd love to have a post Voyager - time line wise - show.
    Somehow get Janeway, Pickard, and Sisco all in the same room (all being admirals and such).

Start off during an intergalactic war with either a 'new-ish' villain, or old ones united, and have the Federation - which now includes the Kligons, Romulons, and (IDK, 'free Borg') struggling to survive.

Yeah, it's no 'Bridge Commander' but it is a fun game on the 360 - pretty simple - feels more like a fighter, but with ships.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Considering that Sisko's body is at the bottom of the Cave of the Pah-wraiths, and his soul is in the Celestial Temple (IE: The Wormhole), I doubt he'll return unless it's in a incorporeal form... but then again... this IS Star Trek. They found a way to bring Kirk back from the dead at least twice outside of the Original Series (As in Generations, in the Nexus. Also in a Star Trek book Shatner wrote, where Kirk was revived by Romulan and Borg technology (which also in that same book brought back the Mirror Universe, with Picard's counterpart as well as... Tiberius himself)), so to find a way to bring a spirit back into a body is somewhat conceivable.

Star Trek Legacy... only good thing with that game was the online multiplayer... the story was a joke really.

If there was a new Star Trek series, I'd rather they did the one they supposedly planned (but was shot down) before Voyager. A Starfleet Academy series, which at the time, could've had Nog as a main character and detail some of the things he went through at the Academy. I know there was a limited Starfleet Academy comic series by Marvel, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

You have to learn to let characters go. Let them have happy lives, unencumbered with the burdens of enemies or viewers. Let them explore, let them love or let them lie about. You only have Picard, Sisco and Janeway because they were willing to leave Kirk behind.
    Is this about the people, who they are and what they are? Or is this about watching cool ships blow each other up in cool ways? (There can only be one highest priority.) And if they are new ships, does it even have to be Trek? Start from scratch, a clean slate. Your playground to put what you think is cool, dumping what you think is stupid. Maybe nobody but you will ever care about it, but it will be yours and you will love it.
    JonC

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

When Voyager finished, the question arose as to what would replace it. As I saw it at the time, there were four options, each with benefits and limitations. First was a ship that operated completely within the boundaries of the Federation, that pushed the political angle already present. (Basically an anti-Voyager.) Not that sexy. Second was a Klingon series. Very expensive to do every week. Third was a group of subspace explorers, combining the feel of several shows. (The exploration of TOS mixed with the fixed locale of DS9.) Fourth was a prequel. I didn't think it would work, since they'd have to build new sets, costumes and props. (Boy, was I wrong.)
    I never took a Starfleet Academy series seriously. There's a reason why it keeps getting pitched and keeps being shot down. It's lazy. Paradoxically, it's difficult to write well, but easy to write badly. By it's nature, it would repeat the lessons learned on previous shows, and dumb down what is shown. (Every version pitched was aimed at a younger audience.) It won't last seven seasons. (They have to graduate, certainly by the end of season 4.)
    Anyway,
    JonC

I must say, I really enjoyed the "Star Trek: Enterprise" show - it took me a bit to get used tot he song at the opening credits - but I came to grudgingly like it as it fit the show pretty well - though Is till think an orchestral piece by James Horner would have been a better choice - to capture some of the exuberance of ST2 or 3. I mean - since they brought Goldsmith back for NextGen & Voyage - that would have been quite a boon for fans!

I also liked the episodic more gritty nature of it - and the return to form for a lot of the aliens we missed out on - esp. the Orions from the original series. I still have to see the final season - as my TV went away that year I was sad to see them cancel it so soon - while letting what I deemed to be an inferior product like Voyager run a seeming eternity.

-Jazz
    I.A.M.
    Inspiration - Aspiration - Meditation

I've started watching the show for the first time and love the look and writing. I can't fault the show anything other than its timeline, which I still don't get why they went that route.

You know you love him... GrayEdwards's Avatar
    I think they were trying to explore a new aspect of the Star Trek universe, while at the same time trying to appease fans.

Voyager was apparently hated, and since Trekkies were really wanting something nostalgic, similar to TOS, this is what we got.

Something new and fresh, while at the same time taking place in the past of the known Star Trek franchise; something that explores the creation of the Federation.

I also think it's more commercially viable, as the 2151 isn't as distant as 2371, so it gives it a "near future" angle that might be more appealing to laypersons.

Onion Kid
    I watched Star Trek: Enterprise but didn't like it as much as I liked the Original Series or Deep Space Nine.

I felt that Archer was kidnapped too much and paced too much...plus it always seemed to me that it didn't take much for him to act irritated (although I guess continuously getting kidnapped would make anyone keep getting irritated!)

The best parts for me from the show were the episodes where T'Pol would have long hair...

i think star trek enterprise was the best

I really enjoyed Enterprise, I just wish in a way they didn’t change the Trek history as much…how Starfleet looked the ships and uniforms. I would still like to see the powers that be do another series and put it in Pike’s timeline.

Well, for me Enterprise wasn't the best entry in the Star Trek television franchise, but it wasn't that bad. I think it was a very original idea to fill that gap in-story before Star Trek: TOS; and I think some episodes were really cool, I especially remember the episode Regeneration... yet, I won't deny the final seasons were kind of boring, with a lot of things happening at the same time and lots of drama. I'd like to see another entry in this timeline, but with the success of the "reboot" film that unlikely will happen.

Onion Kid
    I thought that Enterprise's first and second seasons were ruined by the temporal cold war plotline that went nowhere and the fact that pretty much every other episode was Archer + random crew member in an alien prison getting punched. That being said, I thought that season three was a great improvement and I actually think that season four was probably my favorite season of a Star Trek series period.

That being said, I don't really mind what setting a new Star Trek series takes place in or what characters are used as long as the series tries in any way to actually say something interesting about the future, humanity, and science, something that the new J.J. Abrams reboot did not have, even though I otherwise liked the movie.

Grand Shriner
    I just finished rewatching Enterprise via Netflix. It was much more coherent within itself than I remembered it being, and there were many more above average episodes than I remembered. How it fits into the Prime canon is a whole other story. Obviously, it was created to be part of the Prime canon, and being part of the Abramsverse might not solve its inconsistencies, but ... I discovered that thinking about Enterprise as part of the Abrams timeline somehow made it work better for me.

Onion Kid
    Enterprise really started to hit its prime with the Xindi story arc (Star Trek's version of 24-style pacing). Could have gone on another couple of seasons.

i have a serious question to all star trek fans here:

is there a point, in the entire series (and movies) where theres an emphasis on space combat? i mean, ship-to-ship laser show? im asking because i went to see the reboot, and i was excited seeing the two ships battle it out, but the rest of the movie i was bored to tears, it was only at the end when that enterprise clone comes in firing lasers at the missiles that i enjoyed myself again.

TLR: i love space combat, is there any on the entire series?

i mean, i was expecting a lot of this:

and got nothing
    Last edited by ROKUSHO; 05-20-2013 at 11:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    because if life is a bitch, im gonna make her MY BITCH
    i now legally posess a phd in zombies.

on february 23, 1987, two things happened: the first documentable supernova visible with the human eye, and my birth. in other words, i was blessed by the universe itself. not many can say that

@ROKUSHO : Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Seasons 6 and 7 had a lot battles... the opener for Season 4 "Way of the Warrior" had the Klingon armada attack Deep Space Nine in accordance to then High Chancellor Gowron's dissolution of the Khitomer accord, declarin war against the Federation.

Youtube vids:
    Zoran likes this.

so... 4 episodes in the entire series feature space combat?
    thats.... kind of sad.

but thanks for the videos anyway, they were a refreshment to watch

Not just four episodes, those were just highlights. The big space battles in DS9 started about midway in Season 6 but mainly season 7.

Star Trek was never about 'big lay-zer shows in space'.

The only reason DS9 had so many is that the writer created a war with another 'sort' of Federation.

Even then, most of ST is still focused on the people, not the tech.

It wasn't a war with another 'sort' of Federation Tanis, the main power of the Gamma Quadrant, the Dominion. Led by the enimagtic Founders (Changelings like Security Constable Odo), there was the Vorta and the soldiers, the Jem'Hadar. The Dominion joined forces with the Cardassian empire, due to a treaty ochestrated by Gul Dukat (Former commander of Terok Nor, now known as Deep Space Nine). Against the Dominion/Cardassian alliance, was the Federation, Klingons and Romulans...

Quote Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
    most of ST is still focused on the people, not the tech.
    so instead of laser shows, we got this:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast