Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 232
Like Tree190Likes

Thread: "Marvel Cinematic Universe" Discussion Thread

  1. #1
    RUmpelstilskin (The Dark One) Mr Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    5,434

    "Marvel Cinematic Universe" Discussion Thread

    Here Talk About Old, New And Upcoming Marvel Universe Films.


    Phase 1
    Iron Man: May 2, 2008

    The Incredible Hulk: June 13, 2008

    Iron Man 2: May 7, 2010

    Thor: May 6, 2011

    Captain America: The First Avenger: July 22, 2011

    Avengers: May 4, 2012

    Phase 2
    Iron Man 3:

    Thor: The Dark World: November 8, 2013

    Captain America: Winter Soldier: April 4, 2014

    Gardians Of The Galexy: August 1, 2014

    Avengers: Age of Ultron: May 1, 2015

    Phase 3
    Ant Man: July 17, 2015

    Captain America 3: May 6, 2016



    Do You Think Any Other Hero's Will Join??

    Well I Think Its Pretty Clear No X-men And No Fantastic Four As They Are Owned By Fox (Plus Evans Played the Human Torch)
    And Sony Own Spider-Man
    Last edited by Mr Gold; 07-12-2014 at 06:01 PM.
    The Author: "What Do You Want From Me?"
    Mr. Gold:"You Are Gonna Write Me, A Whole New Bunch Of Happy Endings."

    A Bit of Sad News People I Have Had An Email Via Mega And As A Result Had My Accounts Deleted So All My Files Have Been Deleted By Them. So Please No PMs Asking For Links Ect As I Can No Longer Deliver.

  2. #2
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6
    Wasn't there some rumour out there that Spider-man might revert to Marvel soon-ish? I hope they will!

  3. #3
    jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dromund Kaas
    Posts
    5,737
    For a complete list of Marvel movies (both live action and animated): [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    sorei and Mr Gold like this.


    The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun


    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  4. #4
    RUmpelstilskin (The Dark One) Mr Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    5,434
    Quote Originally Posted by astrisa View Post
    Wasn't there some rumour out there that Spider-man might revert to Marvel soon-ish? I hope they will!
    That would be interesting but i dont know if i would want spidy in the avengers.

    ---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    For a complete list of Marvel movies (both live action and animated): [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Great stuff thxs darth

  5. #5
    Grand Shriner the marvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,578
    There's no way Sony would let the rights to Spider-Man revert back to Marvel!

  6. #6
    RUmpelstilskin (The Dark One) Mr Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    5,434
    Same with fox never selling x-men.

  7. #7
    CEO Monsters, Inc. James P.Sullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Monstropolis
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by DAKoftheOTA View Post
    It's the next film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They are all connected and all acknowledge each other. Nick Fury is in all of them, and Agent Coulson is only absent from Captain America, leading up to The Avengers. The end credit scene from The Avengers was for GotG, as was Thor 2. I'm hoping the end of GotG will be for Age of Ultron.

    Iron Man
    The Incredible Hulk (was not originally a Marvel Studios film, still not sure how Disney acquired the rights from Universal)
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    Captain America: The First Avenger
    The Avengers
    Iron Man 3
    Thor: The Dark World
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    The Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Ant Man
    Captain America 3

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Right, ok. That makes things a little clearer. I was originally only really interested in watching the Iron Man films, but I'm actually quite interested to see the others now (with the exception of The Incredible Hulk - is it essential to watch Hulk?). How strongly would you recommend I watch the others before I see The Avengers?
    Complete Wishlist
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Zimmer; Cars - Newman; Pacific Rim - Djawadi; The Day After Tomorrow - Kloser; Race to Witch Mountain - Rabin; Legend of the Guardians - Hirschfelder; The Muppet Christmas Carol - Goodman; Homeward Bound 1 & 2 - Broughton

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  8. #8
    RUmpelstilskin (The Dark One) Mr Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    5,434
    Tbh i never liked hulk so ignored. Ii love IM THOR CA & Avengers

  9. #9
    Grand Shriner the marvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,578
    Quote Originally Posted by James P.Sullivan View Post
    Right, ok. That makes things a little clearer. I was originally only really interested in watching the Iron Man films, but I'm actually quite interested to see the others now (with the exception of The Incredible Hulk - is it essential to watch Hulk?). How strongly would you recommend I watch the others before I see The Avengers?
    You can watch The Avengers without having seen any of the solo movies. I f you like it then you can go back and watch them. If I had to choose one though, I would say Thor because Loki is the main villain in both movies but it's really not required. Also it's not at all essential to watch The Incredible Hulk (2003's Hulk is not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe) but the movie is actually pretty good! My favorite used to be Iron Man but now it's Captain America: The Winter Soldier!
    Mr Gold likes this.

  10. #10
    CEO Monsters, Inc. James P.Sullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Monstropolis
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by the marvin View Post
    You can watch The Avengers without having seen any of the solo movies. I f you like it then you can go back and watch them. If I had to choose one though, I would say Thor because Loki is the main villain in both movies but it's really not required. Also it's not at all essential to watch The Incredible Hulk (2003's Hulk is not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe) but the movie is actually pretty good! My favorite used to be Iron Man but now it's Captain America: The Winter Soldier!
    Thanks for the advice! I'll see how I go. I may watch the first Thor and CA movies before The Avengers...

    What exactly is the issue with Hulk? Is he a Marvel character like Iron Man?

  11. #11
    "grand n00b shrinerist"
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,823
    The Hulk is a Marvel character, yes. But they didn't include him in the Marvel Universe until the latest film, as the marvin says
    I don't have the time to check all my links regularly so should you want something and the links are dead, send me a PM, DON'T clutter the thread with requests for re-ups. I will be likely to ignore those.

  12. #12
    Starfleet Counselor & Amanda's personal Admiral sorei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    meditating on Risa
    Posts
    3,980
    well despite x-men being with another company, it is still marvel-based? (they are still my favorites)

    i never got into iron man, which is surprising as i like downey jr.
    A friend encouraged me to watch tose...

    I DO like avengers and surprisingly i even like cpt. america, and I do love the tv series (agents of shield)

    I even like thor.

    in my humble opinion avengers, thnor and cpt america areall very entertaining.

    what i like about avengers, that different types of people come together (sort of like crossovers that we have known from other tv series for example)

    hulk is a bit difficult. a loner
    Mr Gold likes this.
    I (may) disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (E.B. Hall)
    You are only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it... (Robin Williams)
    Ever tried, ever failed, no matter. Try again, fail again, fail better.(Samuel Beckett)

    Dead link? PM me please.
    nmr unless stated, so it is always thx to the original uploader!

  13. #13
    "grand n00b shrinerist"
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,823
    The films can be watched as separate entities, but there are small hints here and there that tie in with each other. And i just love that and don't forget to watch ALL of the end credits because there is always something there

    And don't forget the TV series Agents of SHIELD. Some minor characters from the Marvel films appear there, like Sif from Thor and agent Sitwell. He actually gets called away from an assignment in Agents of SHIELD to be on a certain ship that starts the Captain America: The Winter Soldeir movie and you can actually see helicarriers crashing on a monitor in the background in one episode, meaning that episode takes lace at the same time as that happens in the Winter Soldier movie
    sorei likes this.

  14. #14
    Grand Shriner the marvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,578
    Agents of Shield was a good idea but, in my opinion, the show is really bad! In the movies Shield is like this huge government organization with a lot of ressources but the show makes it look like there's only one little team to handle everything! It got better after the events of The Winter Soldier but I won't be watching season 2!
    Jasonjhn8 likes this.

  15. #15
    CEO Monsters, Inc. James P.Sullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Monstropolis
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Calidoran View Post
    The films can be watched as separate entities, but there are small hints here and there that tie in with each other. And i just love that and don't forget to watch ALL of the end credits because there is always something there

    And don't forget the TV series Agents of SHIELD. Some minor characters from the Marvel films appear there, like Sif from Thor and agent Sitwell. He actually gets called away from an assignment in Agents of SHIELD to be on a certain ship that starts the Captain America: The Winter Soldeir movie and you can actually see helicarriers crashing on a monitor in the background in one episode, meaning that episode takes lace at the same time as that happens in the Winter Soldier movie
    I always, and always have, and always will, watch all the credits of a movie, no matter who makes it. So many times I have been rewarded for doing so, whether by Pixar, Disney, Marvel, or whoever. I had no idea about the end credits scenes in Marvel movies when I first watched Iron Man, but as I usually watch through the credits anyway, I was again rewarded!
    Last edited by James P.Sullivan; 07-13-2014 at 08:37 AM.
    sorei, Jasonjhn8 and Mr Gold like this.

  16. #16
    The vinyl one DAKoftheOTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,404
    Quote Originally Posted by James P.Sullivan View Post
    How strongly would you recommend I watch the others before I see The Avengers?
    Quote Originally Posted by the marvin View Post
    You can watch The Avengers without having seen any of the solo movies. I f you like it then you can go back and watch them. If I had to choose one though, I would say Thor because Loki is the main villain in both movies but it's really not required. Also it's not at all essential to watch The Incredible Hulk (2003's Hulk is not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe) but the movie is actually pretty good! My favorite used to be Iron Man but now it's Captain America: The Winter Soldier!
    There's always going to be people who will say you don't need to see the prequels. Technically yes, of course you dont "have to". I don't "have to" go get gas, but I should. If anything, you should see Thor and Captain America 1 because they both predate The Avengers and a lot of Thor's plot continues in The Avengers. Same with Captain America. Hell, at the end of First Avenger there's the usual post-credit scene setting up the next film (which in this case is The Avengers), and then right after that scene is the very fist trailer for The Avengers. I would say if you didn't watch Thor, you'd be a litte lost. It's just wise that you see all of them in order, it's common sense.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS


    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    I don't just specialize in vinyl soundtracks, I have some mainstream stuff as well. If you're curious, shoot me a PM

    Also: any Led-Zeppelin fans on here? I made custom film versions of all their songs that appear in my favorite movie, Almost Famous. If you're interested, you know what to do

  17. #17
    RUmpelstilskin (The Dark One) Mr Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    5,434
    Thor's Post Credit Scene Also Sets Up The Whole Avenger's Story And Doe's Thor (Loki)

  18. #18
    The vinyl one DAKoftheOTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gold View Post
    Thor's Post Credit Scene Also Sets Up The Whole Avenger's Story And Doe's Thor (Loki)
    Exactly. Another reason why you should see Thor before The Avengers. I mean to me, it would be like seeing Age of Ultron before seeing Avengers 1

  19. #19
    RUmpelstilskin (The Dark One) Mr Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    5,434


    Confusing

    The Reason The Call The Marvel Avengers Collection Is To Some Degree They All Follow (Maybe Not In Plot) But Little Scene's Or And Image There Make You Think.
    Oh I Remember That Was In XYZ And Thats From That.

  20. #20
    CEO Monsters, Inc. James P.Sullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Monstropolis
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by DAKoftheOTA View Post
    There's always going to be people who will say you don't need to see the prequels. Technically yes, of course you dont "have to". I don't "have to" go get gas, but I should. If anything, you should see Thor and Captain America 1 because they both predate The Avengers and a lot of Thor's plot continues in The Avengers. Same with Captain America. Hell, at the end of First Avenger there's the usual post-credit scene setting up the next film (which in this case is The Avengers), and then right after that scene is the very fist trailer for The Avengers. I would say if you didn't watch Thor, you'd be a litte lost. It's just wise that you see all of them in order, it's common sense.
    Righto then, I'll restrain myself from watching The Avengers just yet and see Thor and The First Avenger first. I just really want to see another movie with Stark! RDJ is just so brilliant.

  21. #21
    The vinyl one DAKoftheOTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,404
    Quote Originally Posted by James P.Sullivan View Post
    Righto then, I'll restrain myself from watching The Avengers just yet and see Thor and The First Avenger first. I just really want to see another movie with Stark! RDJ is just so brilliant.
    It'll be worth the wait, after having gone 2 movies without him
    James P.Sullivan likes this.

  22. #22
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    296
    Well, nice Thread
    Mr Gold likes this.

  23. #23
    Grand Shriner Killgrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    716
    If RDJ doesn't return (and Black wrote and directed Iron Man 3 as though it was RDJ's final appearance as IM) I wonder who Marvel will choose as his successor? Talk about big titanium alloy boots to fill. If RDJ as Stark and Favreau as director had not been so spot on the Marvel Cinematic Universe might never have taken hold. After all, Iron Man didn't have the public recognition of Batman, Superman or Spiderman. It was something of a gamble. If the first IM had flopped or underperformed Marvel might have retooled or scrapped their plans. Marvel owes RDJ and Favreau a lot.

    BTW tracking and polling has GoTG opening at $60 million. Another gamble that appears to be paying off.

  24. #24
    CEO Monsters, Inc. James P.Sullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Monstropolis
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Killgrave View Post
    If RDJ doesn't return (and Black wrote and directed Iron Man 3 as though it was RDJ's final appearance as IM) I wonder who Marvel will choose as his successor? Talk about big titanium alloy boots to fill. If RDJ as Stark and Favreau as director had not been so spot on the Marvel Cinematic Universe might never have taken hold. After all, Iron Man didn't have the public recognition of Batman, Superman or Spiderman. It was something of a gamble. If the first IM had flopped or underperformed Marvel might have retooled or scrapped their plans. Marvel owes RDJ and Favreau a lot.

    BTW tracking and polling has GoTG opening at $60 million. Another gamble that appears to be paying off.
    Without giving anything away about The Avengers or IM3 (neither of which I've seen yet) - what do you mean? Are there rumours that RDJ might not return as Iron Man?!

  25. #25
    RUmpelstilskin (The Dark One) Mr Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    5,434
    He Has Not Renewed His Contract with Marvel So Maybe He Won't Return.
    TBH If He Doesn't I Think They Won't Get Anyone Else

    ---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

    Just Found This
    Iron Man 4 Release Date Canceled? Robert Downey Jr Will Be Killed Off in New Avengers 2 Movie?


    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    :0

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •